Celebrity
Different version of Merry my husband
I have to be honest as well. Like some of the other reviews also note this feels like an adaptation of Marry My Husband. Just not officially listed as an adaptation. Because Her Trajecting takes the brilliant revenge blueprint of Marry My Husband and injects it with fast-paced Chinese mini-drama energy, the episodes are 15 minutes long and not an hour. Meaning it fels way faster and not so slow paced like the Korean original. Also, instead of a corporate chaebol romance, it relocates the story to the entertainment industry with a celebrity male lead. Because it’s shorter, the plot trims down the filler, heightens the dramatic tension, and leans into the intense, immediate chemistry between the leads.SO, i'd sat that its more of a reimagining that honours the original webtoon's soul plot by plot while standing entirely on its own unique merits with the slight changed in the setting.
Was this review helpful to you?
Not perfect but good for a binge where you don't think about small details of the show
So i will start this review with saying that the show was not perfect by any means and i most likely will never reqwtah it, but it was a good one for a 12 hour binge. Its a classic one of the genre of romantic fantasy IMO. Some will enjoy this others wont its a preference here. I will say though its funny to see how a high priest deals with his feelings of only knowing celibacy to liking someone and aæ that entails there. Without giving any spoilers. I see many bad reviews and I don't think a lot of them are justified but yeah its their taste. I wouldn't say that for this drama its overly boring to watch or I physically couldn't get through it but def not the best. THe show has shortcomings yes and poor screen writing but they also did an amazing job with what they had.Overall, i'd say that If you are someone who expects the series you watch to be perfect in every aspect, this series is not for you. Maye just skip it and not watch it if its not the best tand you expect the best from everything maybe watch other shows theres a lot of more enjoyable shows out there for romatic fantasies. But if you are looking to enjoy watching the relationship between the main characters without worrying about the small details, you can watch it without worrying.
Was this review helpful to you?
cheesy character development but good
I will start thios review by saying that i just found out that this is an adaptation of a manga after having finished the entire film. I found it while browsing bl films and went in blind. I will say this that i will def be going in and reading that manga now that is how i feel about this one. I t does get a bit cheesy at points, but cheesy can also be good. The cheesiness is not the bad kind you know what that bad type is where you cringe this is more heartfelt and honest; and since that this film mainly focuses on an adult relationship, with all that implies. All the ups and downs, the parallels between Togawa who is very open about his feelings and Shima who isnt really that open yet. In essences we watch two people grow closer as they face their deepest insecurities. There could def be some areas that could be dealt with more but for what is it I enjoyed it for the horu and a half it runs.Was this review helpful to you?
No chemistry whatsoever but easy and lighthearted
This is a light hearted watch, very easy to get through and doesn't take any effort to finish whatsoever. I didn't quite like how i there wasn't any or at least i didn't feel any chemistry from the two of them in any of the episodes. They look like they're so uncomfortable with each other actually. I have seen more chemistry in other shows that i would recommend more than this one. That one drinking scene as well or the dead fish kiss, if you want chemistry this is not the show for you unless you just want to watch something that can be finished within 2 hours. even. But it does help that theres some comedic elements to the show.Was this review helpful to you?
Yet again though if youre more into plot driven films then this might be a skip for you as the narrative in this sequel is heavily character-driven; focusing on the dynamics and rivalries between the two pairs of assassins. This approach gives the film a unique feel in a way thoygh, the focus remains on the interactions and personal stakes rather than relying solely on a complex plot to drive the film forward.
Was this review helpful to you?
What i found the most entertaining was the way the two leads acted in their day to day life, so in essence basically their I love the very seamless and chaotic dynamic that they have with each other. I love their lazy and very happy-go-lucky, very inexperienced way of life.
The entire film is driven by the characters and the way that they have interacted with others. I dont see there being an actual plot other than the two of them learning to cope with life as adults and assassin's at the same time. Once again if you want a plot driven film maybe skip, but if you like the character driven and some comedic action then id say give it a go. Its not a masterpiece by any means but its a good way to spend 1 hour and 30 min.
Was this review helpful to you?
good atmosphere for the horror and some unsettling based on real life urban legend
Overall this was an enjoyable psychological horror film. I quite liked the scares, they weren't the scariest but it does however thrives on mystery and uncertainty surrounding Salmokji. It's apparently also based around some real life urban stories surrounding the place and that's pretty cool. I like when they base thrillers/horror on urban legends it makes it so much more enjoyable and realistic in a sense. It also makes it feel more real even though none of this ever happened but it got that element of spooky where it's a fun watch. I watched this while it was completely dark out and no lights bc that is how horror should be enjoyed and it added so much more to the film. It definitely one I would rewatch at a later point with some of my friends if they were up for watching a horror film. But yes as mentioned It is not particularly frightening but it got some unsettling aspects to it since it's some urban legend sequel. What I loved about it especially is that it create an eerie atmosphere that keept me focused on the film and not loose focus, I tend to loose focus when I watch bad and poorly directed/poor jumpscares in horror.So if I had to give an overall, id say that this is a good watch for those looking for a layered psychological experience.
Was this review helpful to you?
Dragged out revenge and cliche historical drama with great promise initially
The series had a strong start and an interesting premise of the old switcharoo of the fml with their twin who was accidentally killed. It was such a good plot at the start but sometime from the 2nd half, sometime betweeen episode 9 and 11th, the drama becomes such a cliché of what that is historical where they only focus on elements like power struggle conspiracies, That actually made me drop the drama initially and i just kinda had it on my dropped maybe pick up again later sort of list, Its my i might still watch it when i have nothing else i really want to watch and then finiosh it then. BAsically the whole stpry starts to revolve around corruption among ministers, revenge, etc.THIS SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN 20 EPISODES, it feels so long and everything got dragged out to the MAX. I actually ended up watching it with 1,5 speed or something at the end bc it started to drag out THAT much.
I had been continuously old that it gets better and more interesting but this just feels like its one of those where you really gotta love the historical aspects of the show to like it to be that long.
They try to keep the watcher engaged with the plot several times by incorporating twists here and there, but those twists were just not worth it for me at least.
Was this review helpful to you?
could’ve been amazing but meh in the end
Short one for now bc my brain is just not present. For the people who came here for the mains Max and Nat, there was definitely a lot of fan Service in this one. The plot itself was interesting yk premise wise, and I do quite like when there is some sort of fantasy element in the stories that I watch. However, it felt like this one was just kinda meh In the execution of the actual plot, but there is also not a lot the actors can do if the plot was just a mess in general. I feel like they did a wonderful job with what they were given.So I will say, It was painful to get through with the whole plot lines and all of that but the fan Service made it worth it.
I will be rating it on chemistry lovely great fantastic fabulous they have a tendency to be real comfortable with each other 10/10 no complaints there.
Acting 9/10 there were things that annoyed me but their acting especially is amazing.
story/plot 6/10. It was a watch it was definitely a watch but man it could have been so much more than it was.
Was this review helpful to you?
great for a one time watch
This film was a surprisingly engaging watch, it delved into some creepy atmosphere during the final thirty min ish of the film especially. The film is made in a way where it looks like it was just a group out exploring a haunted hospital. which adds to the overall suspense and authenticity of the actual exploring of the hospital.
What initially drew my attention to this film this much later after the release was the fact that it is centred around Gonjiam Psychiatric Hospital, an actual real and abandoned mental institution located in Gyeonggi Province, South Korea, Its one of the real like actual spooky abandoned places in Korea. The hospital closed its doors in the 1990s, officially due to issues related to sewage and economic difficulties, rather than the supernatural reasons implied in the movie. But the blend of reality from the real ghost stories and fiction creates an intriguing effect that enhances the film's effectiveness; combining actual historical elements with horror storytelling kinda elevates my experience when I watched the film it added some good suspense and intrigue.
Throughout the film, there are several genuinely frightening things. However, I don't see myself rewatching it. Much like many horror films, once you've experienced the twists and scares, they lose some of their impact on subsequent viewings
Was this review helpful to you?
This review may contain spoilers
A must watch if you liked prequel beat coin. But a great variety show in general
The reboot of Beat Coin is one where you can feel the original series while introducing a fresh spin that keeps it exciting and engaging. It might be a good idea to watch the original series BEAT COIN because they have infused numerous references and nods to the show's classic moments, making it a loving nostalgic experience for long-time fans. The show itself is super fun and chaotic as always. Their dynamic is great The reboot maintains a similar vibe to the earlier I will call it 'seasons', especially with its witty dialogues and also keeping some of the concept of "luck of the coin."Why should you watch it I say?
Well. Not to spoil anything but, a funny moment in the first few episodes, there is a particularly memorable scene where the humour and absurdity the show is known for. The cast find themselves in a scenario where they must act as cold-blooded killers while simultaneously trying to keep their composure, all while a whistle is placed in their mouths. Watching them navigate this ridiculous situation is nothing short of hilarious, showcasing their comedic talents. My favourite of the performance comes from Wooyoung, well other than being a cast member on variety he is also a well-known member of the idol group 2PM. In these episodes, his character faces a situation where his dignity is humorously put to the test. This particular moment has become a talking point among fans in the Hottest fandom (2pm fandom name), who find it amusing . You can really feel that they do indeed have a screw loose sometimes when they film.
Was this review helpful to you?
Predictable romcom with enemies to lovers plot line
So if I had to say one thing before I mention anything I really wanted to watch this back in 2022 when it aired but back then but never really got around to watching it, and then I just saw online that this wasn’t the most memorable watch. So for whatever reason I just didn’t. But now that I actually had time to catch up on some of the series, that I really wanted to watch, I finally got around to starting this show.So yes, as a lot of other people have written it’s not the most memorable watch it’s very typical romcom for its time and still now a couple years after it’s released. It’s very typical enemies to lovers why we see the two main characters slowly fall for each other it’s got it ups and downs and it’s got some great twists. Honestly, I care more of the music throughout the show, but that’s not even a part of the plot. It’s just OST. And I love Kyuhyun who made one of them.
Well, back onto the review part I feel like this one definitely had potential to be better than what it actually was but it just kind of falls flat in the sense that it’s you know stereotypical romcom enemies to lovers type of plotline so it’s very predictable. But I might just have also set my standards too high if a plot is too predictable it’s hard for the actress to make it better.
Overall, I don’t regret watching this, but it’s not one I scream and yell for that I’d really wanna rewatch, it also didn’t really have me on the edge of my seat or crying my eyes out in anyway so maybe just take that into consideration if you’re considering this drama.
Was this review helpful to you?
Great NC's however poor writing
This one just didn’t hit. At all. actually. I actually really love Max and Nat they have amazing chemistry together. AND when a couple has great chemistry i eat the show up normally. However, it felt like the same thing happens again and again and again and again in literally every episode, it got wayyyyyy too repetitive, and for me when something is too repetitive it just gets frustrating to watch and when I get frustrated with something the entire show will just get boring. The episodes are short but feel super long. They are hard to get through even though I love the main couple. I was over the plot by episode 4 already. I did get it done bc as i said I love Max and Nat and their NC's here aint no different.If I have to mention one of the things I absolutely loved was the way the NC scenes were beautiful and quite creative when they switched bodies. I loved that they didn't sway away from Max being the bottom when they were in the switched personas. I also loved the strong connection between the couple, that might come from them being an established couple, you really could feel the deep sense of affection and love they had for each other. Which was honestly the only reason i got through this show.
Was this review helpful to you?
lack of chemistry but great meta plot
The entire concept of the Kang Pil-gu drama-within-a-drama was genuinely entertaining and added an interesting layer to the storytelling. Watching the behind-the-scenes filming of a kdrama unfold within another kdrama was quite a feat, how we got to see the ins and outs of how shows are filmed but also got to see the show as it was. The action scenes that played out during the filming were surprisingly captivating, showcasing adrenaline-pumping choreography. How we got to see the action and also the behind the scenes action was a delightful change of pace. I don't normally watch shows where there's shows in the show, so this was a fresh breeze for me. Although, that wouldn't be for everyone and I do know that. These dynamic segments made the overall show, elevating it beyond the conventions of a typical romantic comedy. As a result, the series felt more multi-dimensional, drawing me deeper into the tangled world of its characters and their creative pursuits.Though, this show also had its shortcomings when it came to chemistry between the two mail leads I didn't quite feel anything from them and actually had a long break from the show because I needed something where there was more. I can definitely say that if you are someone who NEEDS there to be a lot of chemistry between the leads in a RomCom then maybe skip this one.
Was this review helpful to you?
This review may contain spoilers
Miscommunication over good plot, why can't people just talk with each other
I will divide this into two because I feel like I need to get this out. First, I found myself struggling to fully appreciate this story because it gave me such a banging headache from all that miscommunication that happens between those two. Initially when I saw this come on my viki I wanted to watch it bc it sounded interesting with the plot of fake dating turned real somewhere along the way. HOWEVER; the plot is quite standard, revolving around a typical secret crush on a best friend, but it’s marred by a level of frustration that makes you want to reach through the screen and slap people half the time due to the frustration. Despite its predictable storyline, there were certainly moments that were cute and genuinely funny, which provided some relief amidst my dying irritation.As for the characters, the first male lead (Ba Woo) was actually quite endearing at times, and I found myself rooting for him throughout. The other main lead (Ji Hun), on the other hand, was just… there. He didn't bring much to the table and often felt overshadowed by the other characters that they tried to push.
So, overall, if you're planning on watching this one maybe don’t set your expectations too high when it comes to their storyline. Overall, while the show had its merits, the frustrations I experienced definitely dampened my enjoyment of it.
Was this review helpful to you?
