Editorials
Very cringe, creepy vibes, stalker
Unfortunately, Secret Crush on You didn't work for me at all. In fact, it's one of the most cringe-worthy series I've ever attempted to watch. I only made it through 3 episodes before deciding to drop it – the content was just too much for me to handle.It's worth noting that my dislike isn't directed at the actors themselves; I've enjoyed their work in other series. However, Toh's character in this particular show crossed a line for me. Instead of coming across as someone with a genuine crush, his behavior felt more like stalking, which I found deeply unsettling. Adding to the discomfort was the complete lack of chemistry between the leads, making it hard for me to invest in their relationship. It is just too much that I always had secondhand embarrassment every time he appeared.
The one aspect that did stand out was the cinematography. It's clear that a lot of effort and budget went into creating visually stunning scenes. The school uniforms were also impressively designed, adding to the overall aesthetic.
Despite these positives, the series' problematic elements overshadowed them for me. If you're sensitive to certain themes or behaviors, you might want to approach this series with caution.
Was this review helpful to you?
YOU SHOULD WATCH
The Heart Killers is a BL series with a unique storyline and some unexpected plot twists. I’ve been really enjoying it so far, especially since I’m a big fan of action-packed BLs. Joong totally nailed his role, his action scenes were impressive! I’m not sure if he used a stunt double or not, but either way, the fight choreography looked solid.Dunk, on the other hand, had his funny moments stalking/chasing Fadel (Joong). Khaotung was amazing as always; his eyes alone can deliver a whole range of emotions. First also did a great job, though I have to say the fake tattoos were a bit too obvious, it kinda pulled me out of the moment.
Production-wise, this series really delivers. You can tell the team put in a lot of effort and resources. The cinematography is clean and sharp, and the OST fits the vibe of the series perfectly.
If you're looking for a BL with a mix of action, romance, comedy, and drama, The Heart Killers is definitely worth checking out.
Was this review helpful to you?

1