The cast of this production shouldn't have been lauded for their appearances. They don't stand out visually. And…
So you already dropped this series but you’re still here commenting on its page? Sounds like someone is a little obsessed. If you truly moved on, you wouldn’t feel the need to linger around bashing it.
This is quiet long but i'm sure it will help you .Here are some of the opnion i gathered and i'm completely convinced…
Wow, ELIOT HUANG thank you for your comment 👏
This is one of the best and most insightful comments I’ve read here! I really love how you broke everything down about Hua Yong’s behavior and the reasons behind his actions, it honestly made me see the story in an even deeper way.
I think you should definitely create a discussion thread with a title like "Understanding Hua Yong: Love, Control, and the Enigma Mindset" so more people can read this and understand why he does what he does. Your explanation deserves its own spotlight!
am i the only one who likes the main couple over second 😭
No, you’re not alone, I also like the main couple more. I enjoy Shen Wen Lang and Gao Tu too, but their relationship feels more typical, like many I’ve read in Omegaverse mangas and manhwas.
What makes Hua Yong and Sheng Shao You stand out to me is not just that their story feels rare, but also that I really love their characters and honestly, Eliot and Kipuka make them even more special. That said, you’ll never see me bashing the second couple like some do with the main one here.
The fans of this series are insufferable, what mediocre people. It's one thing to defend your series, it's another…
So you created an account just to bash ABO Desire and the people who enjoy it? You say fans “can’t take criticism,” but you’re the one getting triggered just because others like this series. Are you obsessed?
I even saw your reply on the Kill to Love page when someone said their expectations were high after Revenged Love and ABO Desire, and you immediately dragged ABO Desire for no reason. It really seems like this drama and the people who love it are living rent-free in your head.
I only comment from time to time, not every day. If I don’t like a series, I usually don’t spend my days hanging around its page. But oh well, obsession isn’t a disease… right?
Kipuka really did an amazing job in this episode. The fight scene with Eliot was intense, and the crying scene hit hard as well. If you look closely, you can see he was trying to act like he couldn’t see anyone, just following his sensations or the pheromones, but the editing didn’t do justice to all their hard work. With better editing, the room could have been a little darker and the s*x scene could have shown more.
There are so many cuts throughout the series. Honestly, after the series ends, I hope they’ll release a second version with new edits on Blu-ray or DVD. I’d pay whatever they ask for an uncut version.
Nongjian sister's response for those who complained about the second couple having less screentime than first…
Can you please copy/paste this everywhere? 🙏 Every time people ask why Shen Wen Lang and Gao Tu don’t have as much presence, it’s simply because they’re the side couple. Period. I’m honestly tired of seeing the main couple constantly dragged over this. That’s why I usually avoid the comment section when it turns negative.
Before we are getting more posts of people sensitive to HY predatory behaviour, may I suggest to stop watching…
I wish I could give your comment 100 likes and maybe throw in a trophy and a bouquet too. You’re absolutely right. HY’s obsession is the main course of ABO Desire, and without it, the story wouldn’t even exist. People acting shocked are like someone ordering spicy hotpot and then complaining it’s spicy.
I understand the hype because we haven’t seen much like this till now, but I might drop this. I really dislike…
People, please remember that fiction is fiction. You can hold morals that fictional characters don’t, and you can still enjoy characters like Hua Yong, who’s clearly a red/black flag, without it taking away from your own personal values.
For example, I’m enjoying the new season of Dexter and love his character, does that mean I like serial killers or condone murder? Of course not. Let’s appreciate a drama without constantly comparing it to our own lives.
As someone already pointed out, if we applied real-life morals to fiction all the time, we wouldn’t be able to enjoy some of the greatest series in the world like Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, The Boys, The Handmaid’s Tale, Westworld, You, and many more.
I’m honestly surprised by the low ratings for Trigger. For me, it was a really solid watch—I didn’t get bored for even a second. And as someone who gets bored easily, that says a lot! This is exactly the kind of thriller I enjoy. The main character was compelling, even though I usually struggle with MCs who act morally superior. Kim Young Kwang as Moon Baek? Wow—what a charismatic villain! They should seriously cast more young actors as villains; he absolutely nailed it. The supporting characters were great too—Ji Hyun (the student from the first Trigger) stood out, and even the gangsters were written in a way that made you sympathize with them. The writing was tight, the pacing was good, and overall I’d give it a 9/10. Netflix needs to give us more limited series like this!
I like that we got some background in today’s Episode 4—like the origin of Mr. X and why Hua Yong renamed his company that. I think a lot of people missed these small but important details and just called the episode boring, maybe because there was less interaction between Hua Yong and Sheng Shao You. But the plot is clearly building around them—it’s not just about romantic moments.
I’ll say it again: please don’t hate on the main leads just because you prefer the second couple. You’re absolutely allowed to like both. But let’s be honest—Gao Tu’s scenes feel emotional because they’re limited. If he were on screen more, the hype might not be the same. The heart of the story is still the Enigma relationship between Hua Yong and Sheng Shao You, not the secondary plot.
Gao Tu carrying this entire series on his back fr.The vaguely robotic acting, the bg music and the slow pace is…
Gao Tu is great, but saying he’s carrying the whole series is a bit much. The main plot clearly revolves around Hua Yong and Sheng Shao You—the Enigma twist is rare and drives the entire story. Gao Tu’s scenes are limited and emotional, but that’s exactly why people are idealizing him. If he had more screen time, the hype might level out. Let’s not ignore the actual core of the show.
It’s wild how fast people have turned on the main couple and are suddenly obsessed with the second couple. Like… we’re just a few episodes in. Don’t forget: the second couple only exists because of the main one.
I get it, they’re charming—I enjoy their scenes too—but hating on the main leads just to hype them up? That’s unnecessary. You can support both without turning it into a competition.
And honestly, part of why people love the second couple is because they have limited screen time. If they had more focus, people would probably start calling them “boring” too. It’s funny how perception works like that.
I noticed majority are claiming they are so much invested in the second couple and I keep wondering why. There's…
@Winetouch thank you, I was thinking the same. We're just at the beginning of the series, and already there's hate for the main couple and preference for the second couple. People need to remember that the second couple is secondary—they wouldn’t even exist without the main couple.
I get it, people like them—I like them too! But that doesn't mean you have to hate the main couple. You're allowed to like both.
Also, I’ve noticed that when a second couple has limited screen time, people tend to idealize them more. If they had more scenes, some might even start saying they’re boring. I guess that’s just how things go sometimes.
Ok I like that Armin accepts the Princess treatment from Tada, the man is so passionate about his love. He is a gentleman, a sugar daddy, a lover, he is everything and the look on his eyes when he’s watching Armin wow… Monday is now my favorite day.
Ok I think I like this season better than the other 2 seasons and I don't know maybe I find the characters are better than season 1.
I am just wondering how much Lee Jung Jae is paid in both Squid Game Season 2 and 3? Please someone tell me because he is the most useless main character I ever ever see in the history of K-drama, I dislike his character so so much in all the three seasons. Honestly they should continue season 2 without him, everyone was good except him.
And congratulations to both Park Gyu Young and Park Sung Hoon they both nailed their roles, I like them a lot. Gyu Young should definitely do more action and thriller because she is so badass I like her in Sweet Home and like her here.
I’m sure you made this one just to hate on dramas you don’t like.
This is one of the best and most insightful comments I’ve read here! I really love how you broke everything down about Hua Yong’s behavior and the reasons behind his actions, it honestly made me see the story in an even deeper way.
I think you should definitely create a discussion thread with a title like "Understanding Hua Yong: Love, Control, and the Enigma Mindset" so more people can read this and understand why he does what he does. Your explanation deserves its own spotlight!
What makes Hua Yong and Sheng Shao You stand out to me is not just that their story feels rare, but also that I really love their characters and honestly, Eliot and Kipuka make them even more special. That said, you’ll never see me bashing the second couple like some do with the main one here.
I even saw your reply on the Kill to Love page when someone said their expectations were high after Revenged Love and ABO Desire, and you immediately dragged ABO Desire for no reason. It really seems like this drama and the people who love it are living rent-free in your head.
I only comment from time to time, not every day. If I don’t like a series, I usually don’t spend my days hanging around its page. But oh well, obsession isn’t a disease… right?
I also noticed they cut the racing scene from the novel, but you can still see Eliot and Kipuka in their race outfits here: https://www.instagram.com/reel/DMkd2SZzbvT/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=bWJlcG8wNHptdm5i
There are so many cuts throughout the series. Honestly, after the series ends, I hope they’ll release a second version with new edits on Blu-ray or DVD. I’d pay whatever they ask for an uncut version.
Every time people ask why Shen Wen Lang and Gao Tu don’t have as much presence, it’s simply because they’re the side couple. Period. I’m honestly tired of seeing the main couple constantly dragged over this.
That’s why I usually avoid the comment section when it turns negative.
For example, I’m enjoying the new season of Dexter and love his character, does that mean I like serial killers or condone murder? Of course not. Let’s appreciate a drama without constantly comparing it to our own lives.
As someone already pointed out, if we applied real-life morals to fiction all the time, we wouldn’t be able to enjoy some of the greatest series in the world like Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, The Boys, The Handmaid’s Tale, Westworld, You, and many more.
I’ll say it again: please don’t hate on the main leads just because you prefer the second couple. You’re absolutely allowed to like both. But let’s be honest—Gao Tu’s scenes feel emotional because they’re limited. If he were on screen more, the hype might not be the same. The heart of the story is still the Enigma relationship between Hua Yong and Sheng Shao You, not the secondary plot.
God tell me I am not dreaming.
I get it, they’re charming—I enjoy their scenes too—but hating on the main leads just to hype them up? That’s unnecessary. You can support both without turning it into a competition.
And honestly, part of why people love the second couple is because they have limited screen time. If they had more focus, people would probably start calling them “boring” too. It’s funny how perception works like that.
I get it, people like them—I like them too! But that doesn't mean you have to hate the main couple. You're allowed to like both.
Also, I’ve noticed that when a second couple has limited screen time, people tend to idealize them more. If they had more scenes, some might even start saying they’re boring. I guess that’s just how things go sometimes.
Monday is now my favorite day.
I am just wondering how much Lee Jung Jae is paid in both Squid Game Season 2 and 3? Please someone tell me because he is the most useless main character I ever ever see in the history of K-drama, I dislike his character so so much in all the three seasons. Honestly they should continue season 2 without him, everyone was good except him.
And congratulations to both Park Gyu Young and Park Sung Hoon they both nailed their roles, I like them a lot. Gyu Young should definitely do more action and thriller because she is so badass I like her in Sweet Home and like her here.