News
So much fun!!!
I loved this show! It was so cute and fun, but also had some moments that made me cry. The lead characters were amazing and really stole the show for me. Their chemistry was great and they handled the serious and goofy moments well. I was genuinely shocked by what had happened to the characters when they were younger and how their families handled it. The side characters were really hit our miss for me so that did take away a bit. Also the last episode was kind of pointless, nothing really happened since the plot had already been cleard up.Was this review helpful to you?
So much fun to watch!
I loved this show and personally think its one of the best Thai Bl shows I've seen to date. The acton scenes were good and the stakes were great. I also never knew what would happen next. I though that First and Khaotung were good together and left a good impression for this being my first time seeing them. Their pairing was very sweet and the flirting from First's character was a highlight. That being said Joong and Dunk were really stand outs in this show. Dunk's character was so funny and cute and then Joong's character's serous attitude allowed them to play off each other with is a perfect dynamic for them. There were many time that their interactions would have me laughing and also they had alot of moments that were heartbreaking as well. I will admit I am slightly biased towards them though as I have seen them in other shows. This show is a little more explicit then other Bl drama's I've seen which normally would not be my cup of tea but I loved the actors and the story so it was worth it for me.Was this review helpful to you?
Not worth the effort
This show honestly did not have alot going on. The premise sounds really interesting but a few episodes in it kind of loses momentum. I understand why Ha Yun Seo was unsure about being with Ju Won, she was worried that them being together would cause a rift in his family due to his mom not accepting her. I also definitely think that Ju Won should have told her much sooner and that maybe they could have discussed everything before his mom tried to get rid of her. I was really interested in the leads chemistry though and I thought the complaints about the age gap was ridiculous since they looked cute together and I didn’t feel like she came off as being that much older then him. I did think that all the side character were either too annoying or too boring, except for Ju Won’s older brother and his wife, they were quirky in the best way. Now the second romance male lead was a total creep and entered at a time in the show where I was so over the back and forth between the main leads. I actually was so over the show by this time that I actually gave up on it. Its been about 3 months and I finally decided to finish the show and I’m a little sad I didnt finish it when I was watching it the first time because the last 3 episodes made up for the rough middle section of the show. Eventhough I am glad that I went back and finished this show I would not recomend it. It can be really boring at times and there truely are no suprises as far as the plot, plus the second romance guy is such a creppy red flag that he was unpleasant to watch.Was this review helpful to you?
Cuts show
I’m so glad that I finally went back and watched this show. I had accidentally watched the second half “Sky in the Clouds” first and felt like I was missing a part of the story, so its nice to have the full story now. In general I found this show a quick and easy watch and I actually felt that 8 episode length was perfect for the story. I enjoyed the characters in this show and most of them were familiar faces for me at this point. Im a fan of Joong and Dunk so it was nice to see their first work together as a main couple. Dunk’s character was very cute and had some funny moments and he also really did well in some of the more emotional scenes. Joong also did a really good job as well, I did notice that he tended to be a bit stiff at points but he has improved alot since then in his other roles. I couldn’t stand Typhoon he was very pushy and just couldn’t accept that he was being friend zoned, also I feel bad for Pepper who plays Typhoon as every show I’ve seen him in he has played a character I didn’t like. The side characters were all really great, but it was a little weird they were all trying to date Daonuea.Was this review helpful to you?
Not worth your time.
I am going to be honest here and say right away that I do not recomend this show even though I gave it a 5 out of 10. The reason for this was the second half of the show but let me talk about the first half before we get to that. The show started out great with the back and forth between Zai Ye and Tao Hua. Their characters complemented each other well and they had great chemistry. The plot was really interesting at the start and really kept me involved. But then about half way through the show started to slowly lose momentum and then half way through the second half it became extremely boring. The two main charachters completely lost their chemistry with each other due to plot reasons and then more characters were added that led to some confusion on my part. Also the plot totally lost momentum and made me feel like this show would have been better with less episodes. Also with out saying to much the shows ending was ambiguous and really made me feel like I had wasted my time seeing it through to the end.Was this review helpful to you?
Fun watch!
I really enjoyed this show and really only got bored duing the last like 6 episodes. I know that dosent sound like a glowing review but this show never had an dead spaces where nothing happened and it only got boring because the political plot line came to a head there and I didn’t care that much for that part. Now back to the parts that I liked. The characters were amazing, both the main, side, and villain characters. The core group of characters were so funny and interesting and the villians were very believable and you really could understand why they did what they became what we saw in the show. I was also suprised by how funny this show was. The synopsis and trailer had me thinking it was going to be and intense and angsty enimes to lovers story, it had its moments but it was manly just cute, sweet, and funny romance. Now the things I did not like, this is a little harder to talk about since a lot of them would be spoilers so I won’t talk about those. I can talk about the political drama part that became the whole show at the end. It felt very sudden and then rushed. It also was like the show became a totally different show toward the end.Was this review helpful to you?
This review may contain spoilers
Incredible boring
I did not enjoy this show, but it was exactly as the description and trailer showed, it was just incredibly boring. I was constantly annoyed with Jun Fei Fan, she was shown in the begining to be a very smart person since she was the head of the family business and pretending to be a man. But she was consatntly caught in awkward situations because she was trying to be sneaky and not being smart about it. Then Xuan Lie was also so infatuated with Jun Fei Fan that he was tailing after her like a lost puppy but also constantly suspicious of her. Like you cant tell her that you love her and would die for her and then yell at her because you think she is betraying her. Also alot of the issues at the half way point were so annoying, since they easily could have been avoided if the leads would have talked to each other. Also the show a few times had these moments where male characters would comment about how women can do anything that men can, which as a women I think its great that shows want to empower women, but there are better ways to do it. The way the show did it was so cliche and it makes me cringe that more then once a male character told a female character that women can do anything men can. The only nice thing I can say about this show is that I liked some of the side characters. I also thought that the male lead was a really good actor and that even though I didn’t love the writing for this show, he kept me interested.Was this review helpful to you?
Good but not for me.
This was a hard watch for me. It honestly wasn't that bad of a show, but parts of it were a little to close to home. The premise of the story was interesting but honestly got boring really fast and there were many times were I caught myself on my phone and then had to rewatch parts. The part of the show that focused on the beer was very repetitive, something bad would happen and then they would fix it until something else would happen. I did really like the core cast but the side characters in charge of the beer company were annoying and too cartoon. I will say this though, there were parts of this show that were really great and there were many parts where I was crying and also many part that made me laugh. I think that for some people this may be a really enjoyable show, but for people who deal with similar issues as some of the characters here its a hard watch.Was this review helpful to you?
Sweet and beautiful!
This show was great and really made my heart flutter more then some other shows. Both of the leads were well cast and even the side characters were enjoyable. It also was such a great story and kept my attention the whole time. The romance was also very different from other kdramas. It showed a more mature romance and the funny cartoony moments from other kdramas were there but were far more suddle. The lead characters were really well written too. Ji-yun was tought in a way that wasn't annoying, but also suprisingly funny. Eun-ho was such a cute and caring person, but suprisingly tough when standing upfor others. This honestly was a refreshing and short kdrama and I would honestly recommend this to everyone.Was this review helpful to you?
Good premise but disappointing.
I was really excited about this show, the premise sounded so good but it did not live up to the hype. I really loved the lead characters and the vampire family dynamic. The vampire lead was so cute and his personality was so fun. I spent most of the show laughing at how cute the vampires were. But the main crux of the show I didn't really care for. Any time the vampire hunters were involved the show was really boring for me. And this is a small nitpick but the fight sences honestly were not good, I kind of wish they would have just done what Vampire Diaries did and just have them use their vampire speed and kind of cheat the confrontation scenes. Also the ending honestly made no sense to me.Was this review helpful to you?
Pretty good show!
This show was pretty cute in all honesty. I didn't go into it with a lot of hope and was pleasantly surprised. It was pretty drama-heavy, but the relationship was way too slow for me. Also, if the male leads had just talked to each other most of the drama wouldn't have happened, I will just chalk that up to dudes being dudes. I do think that it is important to know that this show is part of a series and that there is a couple that had gotten together in the first part of the series in this series. I did not realize that till a few episodes in, it does not affect the enjoyment of the story whether you watched the other series or not though.Was this review helpful to you?
Didn't want it to end!!!
This is the first series I watched on Viki, and I'm sad it took me so long to try out this streaming service. This show was great, and I was so impressed by all of it. The characters were great and were really interesting, and they had so many fun moments together. There are two couples in this show but the main couple were so great together. They were sweet and supportive to each other, I never got tired of them. The pace of the show was perfect, and honestly, I never got bored. The only complaint I have about this show is that it's done. It could have kept going folowing the characters' adventures, and I don't think I would have ever got tired of it.Was this review helpful to you?
A great short watch
I have always heard about this show as one of the best Korean bl shows. With that said though I did go into it not expecting much due to the reputations of korean bl shows, but I was honestly impressed by this show. It was very cute and fun to watch. It is very short with only 8 episodes with a run time between 19 and 28 minutes or you can watch the movie version of the show which is 3 hours. Its a show you can definitely wach in one sitting, but this does not take away from how good it is. The story is really fun even if its not anything new, its a basic enemies to lovers in a college setting. But honestly I was hooked from the begining. The actors were incredibly in these roles and had great chemistry. Chu was adorable, he is personality is very tsundere where he puts on this tough indifferent attitude but once he has a secret soft side. Jang was also great as he is very open and direct about his feelings. The side characters were nice eventhough the run time didn't really allow much for them to do. I really enjoyed this show and I'm excited to now that there are books and manga of this show aswell since I will definitely be checking them out.Was this review helpful to you?
A Very Engaging Show!!
This was another great show. I was a little worried due to there only being 18 episodes and the run time for the episodes only being 30 minutes, but it turned out to be perfect for the story they were telling. They really paced it out well and I never felt like the story was rushed which was nice. The chemistry between the two leads in this was amazing. The romantic tension was insane from the beginning and then when they finally got together it never trully faded, but they were also very cute together too. Snow Kong who plays Zhao Yang was very good in this role she played both sides of this character well between the soft moments with Shen Xiao and the moments where she had to be tough with the rest of the people in the palace. She is also stunning in this show and playing a princess really suites her. Li Hong Yi who plays Shen Xiao also did an amazing job in this show. I felt that he was given a pretty uniqe character as Shen Xiao if acted the wrong way could have come out very pathetic, but Li Hong Yi acted it just right. I was a little distracted by him at first as he really looked a lot like Jay from Enphyen in some scenes, but I was able to get past it the more I saw him. This is also one of the first shows where I was actually interested in the political drama part as well. It may be due the the short run time, because they didn’t really have time to let it fall to the wayside. Also this show is absolutely stunning! From costumes, lighting, cinematography, and the sets this show was so beautiful. I can definitely see myself comeing back to watch this show again.Was this review helpful to you?
So much more then a BL romance!
This was another great Thai BL show! When I got into these shows last year I always heard people talk about this show like it was the gold standard for bl shows and it really is. This one is so much more then a bl show, its really about idol life and how little control they have over their personal lives and careers. As a Kpop fan it definitely hit close to home becasue I have seen idols go through the things on this show and the reality of some of these types of fan interaction in real time. Now the romance in this show was so sweet and cute. I was impressed by William and Est in "Me and Thee" and also"Peach and Me" and I remeber thinking that the longing way that they looked at each other was incredible. Now seeing this show I understand that its probably why they were put together, because its just as impressive in this show too. Also Est had such and interesting character because Po is so quiet and shy, he almost never talks and there was so much that he had to convy just with his eyes, but he did such a good job. Also the fact that they cast an actual Tpop group to play the members of MARS and they were all really good actors was amazung and a suprise. They brought a lot of heart and probably personal experience to the show that was great. I honestly dont have and complaints about this show and for once I feel like it was a perfect amount of episodes for the story they wanted to tell.Was this review helpful to you?
