Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 22 minutes ago
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: June 6, 2019
Completed
You Are My Glory
1 people found this review helpful
Jul 18, 2023
32 of 32 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.0
Story 8.5
Acting/Cast 10
Music 8.5
Rewatch Value 8.5
This review may contain spoilers

A good drama with amazing chemistry

I watched this drama after seeing the clip clip on TikTok. I've wanted to watch Yang Yang's drama for a long time, it's just that nothing suits my taste yet.

In my opinion, the first episode is still quite general, but it is quite a 'hook' for me to continue watching the next episodes. From the start, this drama has determined that outer space will be its main focus. I feel that in this drama the topic of outer space is reviewed, not only as a sweetener for romance. At first, it was quite confusing because episodes 1-10, it was mostly filled with playing games, but in my opinion, it was quite interesting, our initial episode was given a fairly light flow. After entering dozens of episodes, this drama has just shown a plot that is starting to get serious but can still be enjoyed and doesn't make us think hard.

In my opinion, the flow of this drama is also quite neat, although in some parts it is sometimes a little slow. But for me, who is very new to the Yu Tu profession, the explanation given is quite an illustration, even though some terms are still not understandable. To be honest, I often watch Chinese dramas that tend to be light and start plots from high school. This is the second Chinese drama that I watched with a plot that didn't start in high school, and it was quite refreshing because the demeanor wasn't heavy either.

I think the most interesting thing about this drama is that the conflicts raised are common conflicts that often occur in the real world but are not discussed too often in dramas. Yu Tu becomes insecure when he is with Jing Jing. In fact, from the start, we have shown that Yu Tu is quite insecure about his job. He takes pride in his work, he also loves his job. But the demands from the environment make him feel less valuable, this is because he doesn't have enough income according to society's standards, and also doesn't have enough time. And this is also a strong reason why Yu Tu rejects Jing Jing for the second time. I think this is one of the toughest conflicts that happen in the real world, and I like the way Yu Tu is finally able to fight his insecurities without trying to bring Jing Jing down to his class.

The problems that Yu Tu and Jing Jing face are real problems that often occur in the real world, especially for couples who are both pursuing careers. Even though it seems difficult to have the same ending as this drama if it happened in real life, I think this drama can be a reference and lesson for adults in starting a relationship. As Yu Tu said, a relationship will not work if one party feels that they are always making sacrifices.

I think the relationship between the two in this drama depicts the relationship between two adults. Both Yu Tu and Jing Jing both understood each other's preoccupations. Both of them always try to support each other. They do this not because they sacrifice themselves to maintain a difficult relationship, but because they want their partner to be a better person.

I like it because the two main characters in this drama are consistent until the end of the drama but still have developments. Like Yu Tu's character who was often insecure from the start, actually, until the end, Yu Tu was also often insecure, but Yu Tu at the end was far more optimistic about the world and himself. Likewise, Jing Jing from the beginning was indeed quite a confident person, and until the end, Jing Jing was always a light for the people around her.

And there's something I like about this drama, which is when they talk about how smart people in class weren't as rich as normal people in school. This drama shows that the definition of success cannot only be measured by money. Sometimes there are achievements that not everyone can understand but you want to achieve them. Because like the title of this drama, that's your Glory. Until the end, Yu Tu's income will never be greater than Jing Jing's, but Yu Tu's pride as a spaceman will never be lost because of that.

And one more thing that is very special and I like this drama. The chemistry between Yang Yang and Dilraba is truly insane. I feel like the two of them are a couple because both of them act very naturally and well. This is both very good and 'bad'. It's very good because I enjoyed this drama from beginning to end, but it's very bad. I haven't been able to enjoy another Yang Yang and Dilraba's dramas because I still think about Yu Tu and Jing Jing.

I feel that Yu Tu is one of the most 'green flag' characters in Chinese dramas. I feel that Yu Tu has pretty good emotional control, he is also the type of person who thinks before he acts. Yu Tu was polite and always asked permission first whenever he wanted to do something. Yu Tu is a good colleague and has high empathy. When watching this drama, I want to have Yu Tu in the real world :') but I'm sure I won't be able to become Jing Jing in the real world. Jing Jing is an extraordinary woman. Jing Jing is truly a sincere and courageous person. Jing Jing is very bright both intellectually and emotionally. I think Yu Tu's world is much brighter after meeting Jing Jing. Jing Jing is light for Yu Tu. And they are both perfect for each other.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Love All Play
1 people found this review helpful
Jul 7, 2022
16 of 16 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.5
Story 7.5
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 7.5
Rewatch Value 5.5

Nice but yeah

This drama just so so. It's really nice to watch it when i got nothing to watch. Actually in the beginning this drama is so interesting, but when it come to episode 5, the drama became too slow and like making me ask about what the lead female do?

And actually what made me unable to give this drama a higher rating because at first I thought this drama would be about badminton. But in this drama they only practice and rarely compete. I'm just disappointed, because it can be more fun and interesting if they compete often.

I know romance is good, but in this drama too much romance and yeah... I like the chemistry, but I want more plot covered in this drama.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Twenty Five Twenty One
1 people found this review helpful
Jul 7, 2022
16 of 16 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 9.5
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 5.0
This review may contain spoilers

Interesting story but bad ending

The drama is very enjoyable, but when in episode 16 everything is very messy, the consistency of the character that was built from episodes 1 to 15 is broken. I suggest if you want to watch this drama, stop at episode 15.

I personally still don't like the character of Na Hee Do's mother, even though that have been told the reason for her mother's behavior like that. But I never saw her mother regret all the things she did to Hee Do. All that her mother asks is always Hee Do to understand her position. Very selfish in my opinion.

Actually i really love Hee Do character when she was eighteen. Very bright and optimist. I know became adult is hard, but actually it doesn't change people so much like Hee Do, maybe it does change, but it doesn't show the change as clearly as Hee Do. Adult Hee Do it's really dark and like have no soul in her body. I don't know, I'm just like, after she got adult, she never been happy again in her life.

People always say this drama is very realistic, but actually I didn't find that in this drama. The adults I know, they can act like they forgot the past and move on with their lives. while Hee Do is like an adult who is still stuck at the age of twenty-one. And it feels like the younger Hee Do is dead from it.

I just hope that Na Hee Do grows up to be brighter than that, because that's what life is for. People come and go. That way we can take lessons in life that not everything we want will go according to plan. And we know that we must always be ready to overcome it all.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Brewing Love
2 people found this review helpful
Dec 11, 2024
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.0
Story 9.0
Acting/Cast 9.5
Music 9.5
Rewatch Value 9.0
This review may contain spoilers

I Can’t Stop Smiling.

I never planned to watch this drama. In fact, I only found out about it when episode 1 aired. But from the first episode, it was already so interesting that I decided to give it a try. And I couldn’t stop smiling throughout the entire episode.

If you liked the drama Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo, there’s a good chance you’ll enjoy this one too, because it has a similar vibe. The female lead is strong, even stronger than the male lead. That doesn’t mean the male lead is weak—they just have their own way of protecting the people they care about.

The storyline of this drama is well-organized and neatly packaged. With only twelve episodes, all the conflicts are resolved. Similar to Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo, this drama often breaks the cliché scenes typically found in dramas.

In my opinion, this drama was even intentional from the beginning in breaking stereotypes that exist in our society. For example, the idea that men must always be masculine and aren’t allowed to cry, or that women always need men to protect them. In this drama, Min Ju cries a lot because he’s sensitive. However, this doesn’t take away his masculinity at all—in fact, it adds to his charm.

Similarly, Young Ju’s character always tries to solve her problems on her own. She doesn’t need the male lead to save her. She’s the kind of person who will save herself no matter what. While portrayals of strong female characters like Young Ju are becoming more common in dramas, I think Min Ju’s character is quite new and something I haven’t seen in other dramas.

The relationship between the two leads is so sweet! I love that this drama doesn’t drag things out and wraps everything up in just 12 episodes. But because of that, I’m sad that next week I won’t get to see this adorable couple anymore.

The PTSD experienced by Chan Hwi’s character reminds me of the movie Shutter Island. In that film, it shows how many war veterans suffer from post-traumatic stress like this. I love that this drama explores that topic.

What I also appreciate is that even though this drama highlights the theme of “independent women,” the writer manages not to belittle men. In this drama, we can see that women and men actually complement each other, not compete.

For me, episode 8 is the best episode of this drama. The emotions take you on a rollercoaster in a single episode. I absolutely loved the voice note from Young Ju’s grandmother—it freed Young Ju from her feelings of guilt and, at the same time, freed her grandmother from her own guilt. That voice note liberated them both.

I also liked how the main leads’ relationship transitioned into romance without any over-the-top love-bombing scenes. Instead, they gave us small, sweet interactions that were enough to make me grin from ear to ear while watching.

The resolution for Young Ju’s career conflict was also great, in my opinion. Young Ju is so competent that if she continued working at Jisang, she’d definitely get promoted. But maybe that’s not what Young Ju wants. She’s spent almost her entire life living for others, and finally, she starts living for herself. It’s also reassuring to know that Min Ju is by her side.

I absolutely love all the characters in this drama, including the people in the village of Bae Gok. They aren’t just comedic relief but also drive the plot forward. Their characters are so fresh—not just drama clowns.

Two couples in one drama, and both of them have solid stories. The first couple shines so brightly, but the second couple also gets their moment. I’m beyond satisfied with this drama. Finally, in 2024, I got to watch a rom-com drama that’s truly filled with rom-com moments :) Lately, I’ve been falling for clickbait dramas (if you know what I mean).

This drama is so sweet that I can’t review it in as much detail as I usually do because I was too busy smiling while watching it. Honestly, I think you should just watch it yourself to understand what I mean, lol.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
My Liberation Notes
2 people found this review helpful
Jul 7, 2022
16 of 16 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.0
Story 9.0
Acting/Cast 9.5
Music 8.5
Rewatch Value 8.5

Relaxing drama

This drama goes as it is. From the beginning of this drama to the end of this drama, everything feels comfortable and nothing seems forced. The acting of the cast is also very good.

I feel that this drama feels more alive because there are significant differences between the characters, especially the character Chang Hee who brings the drama to life.

This drama seems to teach us to continue living, whatever happens, the important thing is to live first. Even though we don't know where we are going, for sure we will all achieve our freedom.
Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Love for You
0 people found this review helpful
Jul 26, 2026
32 of 32 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 9.0
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 6.0
This review may contain spoilers

​Blood may be the strongest bond, but that doesn't mean it's always the safest

I almost forgot about this drama's existence, but I’m so glad I ended up watching it anyway. I have zero regrets getting a Viki premium subscription just to follow this show to the very end.

​To be honest, I almost dropped it within the first three minutes because the editing felt a bit off—it was overly dramatic, and I was worried it would turn into a cheap, over-the-top soap opera. But I’m so glad I gave it a chance.

​Honestly, this is the first C-drama that gave me serious nostalgia for 2012-era K-dramas. The most fitting tags for this show are definitely Life, Family, and Dark Romance. Even though it carries a heavy atmosphere and tackles sensitive topics with high-stakes drama, the underlying message is actually simple yet profoundly deep.

​It shows how a child is forced to grow up in a toxic and hostile environment. They try hard to stay on the right path, but naturally, dry soil can't grow just any plant—it has to adapt just to survive. And that is exactly what happened to Chen Yi.
​One thing I truly applaud about this drama is how it dares to break the old saying: "A parent's love lasts a lifetime, while a child's love is short-lived."

​This drama shows us that this proverb isn't always true. We see how many cases of neglect, violence, abuse, and exploitation happen to children at the hands of their own parents. And how many parents abandon their children, only to return when they are old just to depend on them? It leaves the child not even knowing whether to feel angry, sad, or relieved when it all happens.
​What happened to Miao Jing and Chen Yi might be an extreme case, but it accurately portrays how many people are unfit to be parents. It depicts how many children are forced to grow up too soon and stray off path simply because they lacked proper guidance.

​In this story, Chen Yi was lucky to have Zhou Kang An—an adult who never grew tired of guiding him back whenever he lost his way. Without that one person, Chen Yi and Miao Jing’s lives would have been completely different. Growing up in an extremely toxic environment, they didn't even understand how to love or care for someone properly at first.
​Because of that, I honestly found Chen Yi and Miao Jing to be one of the most toxic couples I've seen in the first two-thirds of the drama. But it makes total sense—when you've never experienced a "normal" life or relationship, it's immensely difficult to know how to get back to a normal state.

​Yet, the drama ultimately offers a ray of hope. No matter how dark or broken our starting point is, it doesn't mean our destination has to end up broken too. Miao Jing and Chen Yi undergo one of the most complex character developments I've ever seen in a C-drama. Deep down, they are just two wounded children longing for the warmth of a "home."
​Even if they might never become a "typical" normal couple by the end, we know they finally found a home in each other.

A huge, heartfelt thank you to Zhou Kang An, who acted as a parent, friend, and moral compass for our main leads. His own life was incredibly heavy, yet he chose to live by his principles. I'm sure his regrets will stay with him forever, but he managed to move forward. He and Wen shared a happy chapter together, and though their paths were destined to part sooner than expected, life must go on. We all face obstacles and broken pieces in life, but as long as we keep living, we give ourselves a chance at happiness.

As for the acting, I was already so blown away by the deep message of this drama, but if I had to comment, I'd say I am extremely satisfied. The entire cast, from the minor roles to the main leads, brought incredible depth to their performances. Out of the four works of Song Wei Long I've watched, this drama fully unlocked his potential as an actor. I used to doubt his acting skills—with a face that handsome, I often felt underwhelmed by his performances—but here, he completely shattered all my doubts. Song Wei Long and Zhang Jing Yi turned out to be the most surprisingly satisfying pairing I’ve watched in a C-drama.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
The Glory
0 people found this review helpful
Jan 23, 2026
30 of 30 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.5
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 8.5
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 8.0
This review may contain spoilers

I Will Always Talk About This Ending

If I had to describe this drama in just one word, I would choose *painful*.

Watching this drama hurts—deeply. From the very first episodes, I found myself crying over Han Yan’s life. Through this story, I could truly see how difficult it was for women in the past just to survive. How they were forced to hurt other women simply to feel safe under the so-called “protection” of men.

From the beginning, I knew this story would strongly highlight feminism—but it does so in a balanced way, never excessive. At the end of the day, humans are meant to support one another. Yes, there are many terrible men like Han Yan’s father. But perhaps, at the right time, we may also encounter men like Fu Yun Xi—men who respect people regardless of gender. In that era, Fu Yun Xi feels like an outlier. He believes intelligence isn’t something only sons can inherit; women are just as capable of possessing it.

In my opinion, even though Fu Yun Xi is portrayed as a rather harsh character, he is also deeply responsible. After losing his wife and later his father, he does everything he can to shoulder his role as the head of the family. He even prepares provisions for his family for a future where he might no longer be there. It’s heartbreaking because it feels like none of the characters in this drama are granted a true “happily ever after.”

The writer is cruel—in the most honest way. This story shows that happiness and sorrow always walk side by side. There is no happiness without sadness.

This drama also contains many plot twists, some of which may feel excessive if we imagine them in real life. But perhaps that’s the purpose of drama itself. Through exaggeration, the writer makes the message easier for viewers like me to grasp.

This story reminds us that no human is free from sin. Everyone carries their own sins—and chooses which sins they are willing to bear. This applies even to our main characters. They all have reasons for their actions. In the end, it all depends on perspective.

That said, I still refuse to understand Han Yan’s father’s perspective. What he did is unforgivable, no matter the reason.

This is one of the slowest dramas for me to finish, because watching it feels like reopening wounds. Too painful. Too cruel. Too heartbreaking. It’s a good drama—but definitely not for everyone.

And with an ending like 'that'?
I guarantee I’ll be talking about it forever.
Dear writer, you are truly cruel :’(

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Shine on Me
0 people found this review helpful
Jan 23, 2026
36 of 36 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 8.5
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 9.0
Rewatch Value 7.0
This review may contain spoilers

This Is How You Should Learn to Respect Yourself

This drama experienced a significant delay before it was finally aired. Thankfully, it turned out to be worth the wait—my anticipation didn’t feel wasted at all. It gained massive popularity, and I think the timing of its release, along with a premise that’s easy to digest, played a big role in that success.

From You Are My Glory, I’ve always loved how Gu Man writes her male characters. Yu Tu remains my all-time favorite. In Shine On Me, Yu Sen may not feel as realistic as Yu Tu, but you can still sense his humanity. He feels real in his own way.
One thing I truly appreciate is how this drama demonstrates that not every tragedy leads to trauma. Sometimes, it simply becomes something we regret. I also love how Gu Man portrays the age gap between Yu Sen and Xi Guang—not through numbers, but through maturity and attitude.

Because of that, Xi Guang can fully grow into her potential when she’s with Yu Sen. This contrasts sharply with her relationship with Zhuang Xu, where what gets triggered instead is the unresolved wound left by her father.
We all know Xi Guang was initially drawn to Zhuang Xu because of his looks. But what kept her there was familiarity—his personality resembled her father’s. With Zhuang Xu, Xi Guang felt comfortable because she was used to handling men like him. With Yu Sen, however, she felt comfortable because she could simply be herself.

Xi Guang is the kind of character who easily absorbs the energy around her. That’s why someone like her must be in the right environment. When surrounded by the wrong people—like her college friends—her potential gets suppressed instead of nurtured.

As for Yu Sen, he’s one of the best portrayals of a mature man who actually acts his age. The way he handles problems, faces obstacles, and socializes with others reflects a mindset shaped over many years. Everyone may have a difficult childhood, but choosing what kind of adult you become is still a choice. Yu Sen could have stayed traumatized, but instead, he chose to move forward. He used his wounds as motivation, allowing himself to see the world from many perspectives—not just as a “victim.” That’s why he ends up becoming a winner in his own life.

Zhuang Xu, on the other hand, perfectly represents an insecure man who constantly sees himself as the victim. It’s exhausting. He only cares about himself. I would definitely avoid someone like Zhuang Xu—not just as a romantic partner, but even as a friend or coworker. People like him always do what they think is right, regardless of whether it hurts others or not.
What I like about this drama is that the “annoying” characters aren’t corrected through lectures. Instead, they’re confronted in the same way they hurt others. Personally, I find that much more effective—and fair.

The pacing is quite slow, so I think this drama works better when watched while it’s ongoing rather than binged in one go.
As for acting, all the actors did an excellent job. There’s really nothing to criticize—they fully delivered their roles.

However, the editing deserves serious criticism. I noticed weak CGI before in Song Wei Long’s Seven Relics of Ill Omen, but since that’s a fantasy drama, I could understand it from a budget perspective. This drama, however, is not fantasy—and it was delayed multiple times. With that much time, the CGI quality was honestly disappointing and distracting. On top of that, there were noticeable audio issues: sound leakage and muffled dialogue in several scenes. Technically, the drama felt inconsistent.

If it weren’t for the enjoyable story—despite its slow pace—I would’ve given this drama a score below 6 because the editing was that distracting. But because the actors performed so well and the story carries many meaningful messages, I’m giving it an 8 out of 10.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
The Trauma Code: Heroes on Call
0 people found this review helpful
Jan 30, 2025
8 of 8 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.5
Story 7.5
Acting/Cast 9.5
Music 7.0
Rewatch Value 7.0
This review may contain spoilers

A fun medical drama to watch—good, but not the best.

I think this drama is interesting. If you ask me what stuck with me the most after watching, I wouldn’t hesitate to say—comedy.

Honestly, even though the theme is totally different, the way this drama is presented kinda reminds me of Doctor Cha. Plus, the characters are pretty eccentric, making it hard not to remember their absurd behavior.

As someone who’s watched quite a few medical K-dramas, I’d say this one is definitely a good addition to the genre. But personally, I feel like there are still some things that could be improved in the next season.

One of the most important things, which is usually present in other medical dramas, is the explanation of medical terms—whether it’s about diseases, procedures, or other jargon that non-medical people wouldn’t understand.

Honestly, while watching this drama, I was kinda lost because I had no idea what they were saying, but I was too lazy to pause and look it up. Usually, in other medical dramas, they include brief explanations on the screen, but here, all they show is the patient’s basic info.

And then there’s Dr. Baek explaining a patient’s condition to their guardian—he just goes straight into medical terms, and somehow, the guardian immediately understands everything. Either medical knowledge in Korea is just that advanced, or I’m the only one clueless here.

In most other medical dramas, doctors usually explain things in the simplest way possible. If they do mention medical terms, they usually follow up with a line that explains what it means. But in this drama, it’s like they assume everyone already knows what they’re talking about.

Now, about the emotional aspect. Since this drama only has 8 episodes, each one feels kinda rushed. So aside from the comedy, the emotional impact doesn’t quite hit. The frustration, sadness, fear—it all feels somewhat lacking because they’re racing against time.

I think the next season would be better if they increased the episode length, maybe around 60-80 minutes per episode. Anything less than 60 minutes just isn’t enough.

Like, in other medical dramas, even if it’s just a little, they usually give us some background or a flashback about the patient, making us really root for them to survive—like, "I don’t care what happens, they have to live!" But in this drama, the only patient with an actual story was Han Yurim’s child. The rest? We barely know anything about them. Even in Lee Hyeon Jong’s case, we only got surface-level info. Sure, we know he has to be saved, but emotionally, it just doesn’t hit as hard because we don’t really get to know the patients.

But of course, there are things worth appreciating. One of them is the casting. I haven’t read the webtoon, but I feel like they nailed the casting choices. At first, I doubted Choo Young Woo’s acting, but turns out, he was actually the best one! His improvement compared to Once Upon a Small Town is insane.

The surgery and rescue scenes were also well done. The cinematography was great, and the fake organs looked convincing (because trust me, I’ve seen medical dramas where the organs looked super fake). The trauma cases they picked were solid, and the drama really emphasizes the importance of the golden time, which I think is one of its defining traits.

Other than that, this drama, like Doctor Stranger, where the main character has a near 100% success rate, sometimes gives off a fantasy vibe. Even when they miss the golden time, the patient still survives—just ends up in a coma instead. There hasn’t been a case where the main character fails to save a patient. Maybe that’ll happen in the next season… because at the end of the day, doctors are human, not superheroes. Even if it sucks, failure is something every doctor has to face at some point.

But overall, this drama is good! I’d recommend it to people who want to watch a medical K-drama that isn’t too complicated or filled with heavy politics like Yong Pal lol.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Welcome to Samdal-ri
0 people found this review helpful
Jan 24, 2024
16 of 16 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.5
Story 8.5
Acting/Cast 9.5
Music 9.5
Rewatch Value 7.0
This review may contain spoilers

Dramatic but not dramatic

Welcome to Samdalri is Ji Changwook's drama that I watched again after only managing to finish his drama entitled The K2.
This drama doesn't seem to be very popular internationally compared to other dramas that also air in the same slot. This drama has a vibe like a mixture of the dramas Hi Bye Mama, When the Camellia Blooms, and Hometown Cha-cha-cha with conflicts that are much lighter than those three dramas.

All the characters in this drama are interesting and have their own characteristics. My favorite character is Cha Ha-Yul, the daughter of Cho Hae-dal, namely Sam-Dal's younger sister.
In my opinion, the plot of this drama cannot be called slow, because actually every episode always reviews and resolves problems, so every episode is worth watching or even needs to be watched to better understand the plot.
It is true that perhaps the nature of this drama which tends to be relaxed and not dramatic might make us a little bored, but in my opinion, this is not something that can reduce the point of this drama.

I like the development of each character which doesn't develop significantly, but looks like it will continue to develop in the future.

This drama is like a comfort zone when you don't want to think about very complicated things, theories, and secrets.
I also like the resolution of Bang Eun-Ju's conflict which is not made dramatic. This drama from the start always focused everything on Sam-dal's character, they didn't want the audience's focus to run to Bang Eun-ju when she finally got her karma.
Actually, this drama has many messages that can be taken away. But I don't think I need to explain it because everyone has their own perception.

In terms of flow, I think it's pretty good, but not so great that I can rate it more than 8.5. But this drama is really enjoyable and I always look forward to it every week. This drama feels like a friend, watching it makes us feel calm and comfortable.
I really appreciate all the actresses and actors who play in this drama, after a long time I finally really saw a drama where all the actors acted very well, especially the Hanyeo ladies who always entertained every scene they appeared in. Maybe because in this drama there are not many newcomer actors, and newcomer actors such as Cha Ha-yul and Gong Ji-chan also play very well. This drama also attracts the idol, Kang Mina. But Kang Mina's acting is one of the idols with good acting, so it doesn't matter what her real profession is, in this drama Kang Mi-na is Cho Hae-dal.

This drama doesn't seem like an interesting drama to rewatch because the conflict is simple but relatable. I think it will take a while to remember the plot of this drama because it is packaged in the easiest way to digest.
Apart from that, this drama is a good drama and I highly recommend it to be watched with friends, family, and all your favorite people.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Pinocchio
0 people found this review helpful
Jul 5, 2023
20 of 20 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.5
Story 9.5
Acting/Cast 10
Music 10
Rewatch Value 10

The drama that brought me to kdrama land

Even though Pinocchio is one of the dramas that I have watched for a long time, this drama is still the best drama in my opinion. I really like the acting of all the players, all of them have good acting. The main cast also have very good chemistry with each other. This drama is quite serious, but the character of this drama is quite relaxed and sometimes it is also interspersed with comedy.

In my opinion, this drama is one of the dramas that has the neatest plot. When watching this drama, we feel like we are peeling a red onion, each episode is like peeling the layers of the onion, we are always given new facts, and made us curious. I feel that this drama has a very good storyline, from episode one to the last the plot is well written and the focus never shifts suddenly. All plots in each episode lead us to completion at the end of the story. As someone who likes to write stories, I really wish I could write stories as neat as Pinocchio.

I like the main character who is left to solve problems in his own way. They depend on each other, but can still stand on their own feet. They don't sacrifice for each other, but they are always beside each other. In my opinion, Choi In Ha's character was one of the breakthroughs for the main female character who was quite independent and ambitious that year. Where previously kdramas usually showed female characters who were always saved by male characters. Here the two characters save each other.

I've probably watched this drama about eight or nine times. But I always feel amazed by the plot of this drama, even though I already know the story. I've always liked the chemistry and problem-solving between characters that aren't pushy. One of them is the settlement of Choi In Ha and his mother. Or the settlement of Beom Joo with his mother, and Choi Dal Po with Choi In Ha's grandfather. I think everything fits and feels realistic.

And when I caught myself in this drama, I felt that there really aren't really bad people. Sometimes they just have different priorities and different ways of solving problems. Even so, what is wrong is still wrong. Although everyone always has a reason for doing something, as Choi Dal Po said, "The truth always stands in its place".

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Navillera
0 people found this review helpful
Jul 7, 2022
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.0
Story 9.0
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 8.5
Rewatch Value 8.0

Beautiful Drama

This drama is as beautiful as its title. From this drama I came to know the perspective of a father. The father who stopped chasing his dreams for the sake of his family's dreams. Grandpa's acting is really great, so is Grandma's acting. There were times when I was bothered by Song Kang's acting, but it didn't really bother the storyline.

This drama is beautiful, that's all that can describe it. While watching this I was reminded of the drama The Light In Your Eyes. At the end of the episode I cried because the story was so beautiful and touching.
Was this review helpful to you?
Dropped 10/25
Hidden Love
24 people found this review helpful
Jul 11, 2023
10 of 25 episodes seen
Dropped 3
Overall 6.5
Story 4.5
Acting/Cast 7.5
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 2.0
This review may contain spoilers

This is a romance story, only romance.

I've been waiting for this drama to air since the poster was released. I hope to enjoy this drama until the end, when this drama is trending I feel happy because I feel that I was not in vain waiting. But when I watched, I was disappointed.

I feel that this drama has one mission, which is to make Sangzhi and Jiaxu become lovers. That, that's all that needs to be done in this drama. I really feel like every groove just revolves around the two of them. Many of the rest of the cast just feel like NPCs. As a viewer, I feel like I don't know any other characters besides Sangzhi and Jiaxu. Maybe this is also the reason why I quite like SangZhi's Brother SangYan, because he's the only character apart from Sangzhi and Jiaxu who feels 'alive' in this drama.

I liked the first four episodes, it was quite enjoyable and I liked the bond between little Sangzhi and Sangyan. Although I feel that the actress playing little Sangzhi is too young to be called a middle schooler, but the child's acting is quite good in my opinion, so I don't mind. The problem was when Sangzhi grew up and became a high school student. I don't know where the mistake lies, but high school Sangzhi feels more like a child than middle school Sangzhi. While watching it I felt confused as to why Sangzhi High was so much more immature, childish, and acted like an elementary schooler. Even Sangzhi lost his confidence when he was in high school. I know it might be due to some reason, but this drama doesn't explain why Sangzhi High School is more childish than Sangzhi Middle School. I can't blame ZLS for this. Because maybe that's what it says in the script. But to be honest it's quite uncomfortable, seeing adult women act like elementary school children.

Actually, I also don't really feel the 'green flag' of a Jiaxu. I felt that Jiaxu didn't have a strong character, and every scene with Sangzhi felt like 'flirt'. I tried to watch up to episode nine because everyone told me to watch until that episode to like this drama. But even up to episode ten, I only saw the relationship between the two which felt very slow and full of slow motion. I mean, not all scenes of look into each other's eyes or touching each other have to be in slow motion... I heard that Jiaxu had a trauma, but up to episode ten this trauma had never appeared. Even when in the past Jiaxu was depicted as poor and had to constantly earn money, the portrayal in the drama did not show Jiaxu as a busy person at all. Although in some scenes he looks asleep, it's just that for someone who is really pressed for money, Jiaxu seems to have a lot of time to go back and forth to take Sangzhi courses, even taking him to the planetarium. I feel like maybe the scenes of Jiaxu working in multiple places should help a bit to better illustrate how hard Jiaxu has to work to stabilize his economy. Unfortunately it was never shown, and we are immediately taken to the timeskip when Jiaxu is already working and has a car. And once again I feel that I don't have a close relationship with the characters around Jiaxu such as his co-workers and the women who chase him, all of them feel like NPCs.

Even though I think there are many characters that can be shown better in this drama. But even characters like Sangzhi's parents, Sangzhi's roommates, even Jiaxu's co-workers feel like just extra characters. They don't have a 'story' for themselves. So even when they appeared, they were only acting as characters bridging the romantic story of Sangzhi and Jiaxu. The other characters really feel lifeless apart from Sangyan. Even the conflict between Sangzhi and his high school friend was reviewed in the simplest way possible just to get the moment Jiaxu saved Sangzhi. Even though this part can be reviewed further, such as why his friend chose to do that. Or what happened after that. But all resolved very quickly. Characters that bothered Sangzhi were immediately eliminated, with no time for Sangzhi to develop when hit by a problem.

And that's the reason I dropped this drama. During the ten episodes running, there was no character development from the two main characters. They just changed costumes, but still act like high school kids. Sangzhi in college was the same as Sangzi in high school, and so was Jiaxu when he was working, he was still the same as when he was in college. Either they lack an antagonist who can develop both characters, or it was just like that from the start. Oh, and I also don't like the character of Sangzhi's parents, who feel like they pamper Sangzhi a lot. This also makes me feel that Sangzhi can't face big problems. And I feel this is why this drama really focuses on romance, because maybe for Sangzhi's character who is used to being spoiled, romance is a big problem for him.

I know this opinion is quite controversial, even here the drama's rating is very high. I am also quite sad because I can't enjoy the drama that I've been waiting for for a long time like other people. I was really looking forward to this drama, maybe that's also the main reason why I'm getting more disappointed. But it comes down to preference again, so I hope that even if I don't represent the majority, I can voice my personal preference a bit.

*note, I still really like Sangyan's character until now*

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
When I Fly Towards You
1 people found this review helpful
Jun 30, 2023
24 of 24 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.5
Story 9.5
Acting/Cast 10
Music 9.0
Rewatch Value 9.0
This review may contain spoilers

My dream scenario

A fun, light, and sweet drama. This drama has a plot that I wish could happen in my own life, or in a story that I will write. This drama really gives a picture of human happiness. Actually, it may sound very unrealistic, but for some reason, especially for this drama, I abandoned the reality aspect and focused on enjoying the drama.

I like the female lead who is portrayed as an independent and strong woman but not shy to smile, laugh and be happy. Zai Zai doesn't need a suit to look dignified, only with her soft cardigan she can still be seen as a dignified woman. While watching the first episode I was very amused and embarrassed by the clichéd story, but in episode 3, I started to fall in love with Zai Zai's character. Zai Zai's very sweet and lovely character touched not only Lu Rang's heart but also mine.

I think the development of the two main characters in this drama is very good. They really complement each other. Other characters like Guran and Jiang Jia are also quite entertaining. To be honest I also like the story of Guan Fang and his grandmother, it's very touching and I like the dialogue from Guan Fang's grandmother to Guan Fang who says that Guan Fang doesn't need to be the main character to be noticed.

While watching this drama, I felt that it would be nice if I could meet someone like Zhang Lu Rang, but at that moment I realized that I must be able to become Su Zai Zai for that. To be honest I really admire Zai Zai, and hope to be like him one day.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Revenant
1 people found this review helpful
Jul 30, 2023
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.5
Story 9.5
Acting/Cast 10
Music 9.0
Rewatch Value 9.0
This review may contain spoilers

The best drama in 2023

Watching this drama reminds me of the drama Pinocchio, even though it's a different genre, the plot of this drama has similar stages. This drama really has a very neat plot and minimal plot holes. With 12 episodes of this drama, it manages to present the plot in each episode very well. The story given in each episode has a very consistent quality and is not one-sided. This drama is very intense and gets more intense and gripping with each new episode.

The acting of the actors also deserves thumbs up. We have succeeded in getting into the story of each actor so that when these actors are in danger or even die, feelings of pain and sadness really feel as if we have known them for a long time. This drama is a horror genre, but I often cry when I'm watching this drama.

The message of this drama, which I think is very good. We can know that even though ghosts are evil, we can also see that humans can be even more evil than ghosts. Where greed is the real ghost. Greed is a trait that eats away at the human heart and turns it into a breathing ghost. This drama is very extraordinary depicting human greed for worldly things. Where all the problems in this drama are not born because of ghosts, but because of human greed. This drama also shows how dangerous it is if we can't love ourselves. How dangerous it is when we become people who hurt ourselves, blame, and hate ourselves. At least, among the many bad things and bad people in this world, don't let us become one of them. If the world is mean to us, at least we have to be good to ourselves.

I was really saddened by Sanyeong's character who suffered from the past, and how hard she lived all this time. How spacious her heart is to care for her mother who has severe trauma when she also has trauma. When she had been living not for himself, and when she wanted to live for himself suddenly she was diagnosed with a disease. I feel like I want to hug Sanyeong, wants me to tell him that all this time she has lived very well. I hope in the future she can walk on the flower path.

Actually, I'm one of Hongsae Sanyeong's team compared to Haesang Sanyeong. I don't know what the writer made, but for me from the beginning of the episode, I felt that Haesang was not someone who pursues worldly things. This is proven at the end of the episode by donating all of his family's assets to the community. So I think Haesang is not the typical person who wants to have a romance genre in his life. Not to mention that during my drama marathon, I avoided all spoilers, so I didn't know that this drama was divided into two teams. But my honest opinion looking at Haesang and Sanyeong, they both feel more like two unfortunate people who met each other. They both could feel feelings of sadness for each other that others couldn't easily feel. But the two don't depend on each other, more like when you fall, you will be relieved when you see other people also fall, then you laugh together. Well, at least we're not ashamed to be alone. That's how they both look to me.

Haesang is such a pitiful character, he is forced to pay for his entire extended family's sins. He seems to be forced to take responsibility for a sin he did not commit. But I think Haesang lives up to it. And another reason why I can't see Haesang and Sanyeong's relationship as romantic is that they both met because of a 'ghost' in common. Every time they met they only talked about ghosts, Haesang wasn't interested in Gu Sanyeong, but she was attracted by the evil spirit that clung to her body. Likewise, Sanyeong is not interested in Yeom Haesang, but he needs Haesang's help to get rid of the evil spirit from his body. From the beginning of the conversation, the two of them never discussed themselves with each other, they weren't too curious about each other's lives unless they had something to do with ghosts. So I feel their relationship is more like partners in crime. And that's interesting, I feel like this kind of platonic relationship must exist in the real world.

This is a little different from Hongsae, from the past, like Hongsae, he was amazed by Sanyeong, with her hardworking nature. Hongsae, who at first didn't really know Sanyeong, was able to distinguish the real Sanyeong and not at the end of the episode. We know that all this time apart from chasing evil spirits, Hongsae has also been paying attention to Sanyeong. Although I don't know if Sanyeong also feels the same way. But at the end of the episode, it can be seen that the two of them are talking about themselves, not about ghosts.

I think this is one of the hints that the two of them have started to open up to each other. When they started talking about themselves. I feel that Hongsae is interested in Sanyeong, but he appreciates Sanyeong who is still going through a hard time. I don't know what Sanyeong's feelings for Hongsae are like, but I can realize that Hongsae likes Sanyeong secretly. He doesn't need to have Sanyeong, he just wants to be someone who can take care of Sanyeong. I think this is a very interesting thing, where I can see pure love in dramas in the Horror genre. Hongsae knows that what Sanyeong needs right now isn't a lover, but serenity, so he always tries to be beside Sanyeong.

I feel this drama has a bittersweet ending. I'm sad for the character who died, but I'm also sad for the reason the spirit became an evil spirit. I can't explain how I felt when I finished watching this drama, I was relieved and happy but at the same time, I was also very sad and felt like crying. The writer really wrote this drama very well. I'm happy because the writer made this drama end with an open ending. Even though it's an open ending, all the problems in this drama have been resolved properly, so there's nothing that stands in the way of this drama. Everything is done, then we are left to our own imagination.

In my opinion, this is the best drama in 2023, the drama plot is very neat and has consistent quality in each episode. Minimal plot holes combine horror and mystery very well and are not too imaginative. It has a good story message, the story is also presented in a very interesting and not boring way. The acting of the actors is extraordinary and the feelings can be conveyed well to the audience.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?