Why is it my reaction is different from yours, she didn't accept the proposal she said her marriage will be arrange…
In the first episode when she talked to her adoptive grandma at the teahouse they clearly made it intended that her only intention in the scheming to have her return in the Xie mansion was for her having revenge.
she protects them because she needs to know what actually happened to her mother and why they killed her and in…
All of this to me it doesn't really make sense because she already knows it was her father to kill her mother so at this point it doesn't really matter why they killed her, just burn down the whole damn house, and if you can't do it alone and you see there is someone who can give you a great deal of helping hand then the more reason to ally with him and destroy them.
II enjoy this series but up to episode 8-9 i started to lower my rating and i explain why. I started to like the actress and find her job compelling but the plot is really lacking, I mean, why does she have to constantly fight the ML, reject him, belittle him, it appears like her real enemy it's him and not her family... She entered that mansion to destroy them and bring down every single one of them but so far it looks like she defends them at every given occasion for a reason or another like she doesn't have a reason to team with the ML and destroy them faster. I get that she thinks marrying him might mean losing her actual status in the family and push her out of the house but she had no reason to accept the marchioness's son proposal and tell the grandma to arrange the marriage for her, like what is even in your head girl... I'm starting to get tired because up to episode 10 she only got the nanny down and wasn't even her doing, it was just thanks to ML's help. She appears useless so far. Please tell me it gets better because the first episodes were so good, i don't want to drop it, bot ML and FL are doing a good job with their roles in spite of the lacking plot.
Love this drama, started watching today and already on episode 5, this is my kind of jam. Not particularly fond of any of the actors but they do match well and also have some chemistry and i'm really enjoying this so far. I might have to slow it down or else i'll catch up with the release and i hate waiting. Just curious, when will they get married, because it's pretty obvious already they do gonna get married and both gonna have sweet revenge. Still yet to find out how the dude gained the emperor's favor.
I've watched only 2 episodes so far and totally hooked already, i would give this drama a 9/10, is right up my alley. Great acting. Can't wait to watch more! I'm thrilled because lately i found no interest in any new drama, so i'm quite happy to find something different from the usual tropes.
Thanks for the detailed breakdown! Wu Jinyan is probably my fav chinese actress but never watched her in a modern drama, i'll probably watch this drama for a change.
How about posting about the Asian Art Film Awards, Beijing College Film Awards, Magnolia Awards nominations, etc., I've seen no news about these at all, I thought this is a Movie & TV series rating and reviews website not a gossip blog.
I can see this becoming the chinese squid games if they manage the overseas advertising well. Looking forward, looks like a very strong cast with an awesome plot.
I'm watching this drama now and only on episode 5 so far but leaving apart the many common tropes and some cringe moments, I quite enjoy the FL's acting, and she's also quite pleasing to the eye. Can't say the same about ML tho, such a pity she didn't got a partner to match her class.
I came here because this drama has been all over Weibo these past few days and honestly it’s pretty fun to watch and made me curious and hyped, because the novel fans are talking as it's some sort of squid games in chinese key stuff. It’s just a shame to see people fighting here tho. XZ fans really should drop the ego and stop bringing up other actors, he doesn’t need to prove anything anymore he’s already clearly at the very top of c-ent right now. But fans of other actors also shouldn’t take the bait and should stay chill, there’s no point arguing on a drama page your fave probably won’t be in, i couldn't even be bothered to check if I was you. Tbh following c-ent can get really tiresome sometimes, let’s just keep things peaceful and get along, life’s too short to fight over stuff like this.
After finishing watching, I can say this drama hooked me from episode 3 onwards, but let me down in the second half. I expected more from the revenge plot, the lack of chemistry between the FL and ML was too much to bear and to be honest the entire time I was hoping she will end up with her school bully's husband and the child. I can give it a 7,5, not more.
I just finished S1 and started S2, can I say so far nothing makes sense in the first episode?... Didn't even knew there were 2 seasons, on Netflix is just one with 16 episodes. The passage from ep 8 to ep 9 is a bit too disconnected. And btw, why are they always yelling and screaming, is that considered "good acting" for some reason?
I'm watching this right now and I enjoy it quite a bit. Am I wrong to ship the FL with Ha Do Young? Would be poetic as a revenge plot if she ends up with her enemy's husband. Also, why do I feel that the plastic surgeon dude is a serial killer psycho? I need answers! 😅
First impression: first episode in and why oh why are they doing this again and again, typical trope with half ignorant FL damsel in distress who does things she shouldn't... Then who is the ML, the dude with the demon compass is quite handsome, not liking much the awakened demon, hope he's not the love interest. Tan Songyun acting like a brat doesn't suit her imo, she looks better in her wedding dress. Music, costumes and CGI are nice tho. Hopefully the FL gets better later, so far i'm not impressed. Edit: 3 episodes in, is this a mix of Three lives Three worlds with Ashes of Love?... Not sure I'm gonna follow till the end, so far I'm not hooked, too cheesy.
BIG QUESTION:I just saw a video that said this drama is inside The Lost Tomb universe???? Is that right??If that's…
The admins (or some of them) of this site feel somehow threatened by Xiao Zhan's popularity and hate him, (probably fans of other c actors... idk my own explanation oh why they are constantly playing dirty tricks on his works), you need to brush it off and just watch the drama.
Oh I just watch my NunuTutu reunion in real life in Macau, they look so freaking good together, gorgeous people with chemistry off the charts made me want to rewatch the drama again.
And btw, why are they always yelling and screaming, is that considered "good acting" for some reason?
Edit: 3 episodes in, is this a mix of Three lives Three worlds with Ashes of Love?... Not sure I'm gonna follow till the end, so far I'm not hooked, too cheesy.