There is this dialogue between Shen Zaiye and Jiang Taohua when he doubted her. This scene explains their relationship perfectly. ---------- “You jest, my lord,” Taohua narrowed her eyes. “We’re both wary of each other, knowing the other is cunning. Your so-called trust was merely your judgment, believing I had no reason to betray you. You didn’t truly trust me as a person. If you did, you wouldn’t have blamed me without question as soon as something went wrong.”
Indeed, neither of them fully trusted the other. In his heart, he even considered her a formidable opponent. So when something happened, he naturally questioned her first. Sometimes he couldn’t see through her thoughts and schemes, deepening his suspicions. ----------
Their relationship started from schemes. There was no trust, only cooperation and temporary pact. Knowing the other party is ruthless, one always has to be on guard. From there though, they fall in love, although he already fell at first sight 🤭
I didn’t know where else to ask but does anyone have any novel historical novel recs that don’t have transmigration…
I mostly read novels being adapted to drama played by Meng Ziyi, but I would like to recommend: Tigers Sniff The Rose (mydramanovel) The Princess Gambit (mydramanovel) Pingyang Gongzhu (mydramanovel) Royal Rumours (https://www.kanunu8.com/book5/zzshiguang/)
Inside that kanunu8 website, you can try reading novels written by: 1. Author: 希昀 Xi Yun 侯门 逢君 2. author: 九月流火 Jiu Yue Liu Huo 难消帝王恩 九叔万福 玉佩里的太子爷 锦衣杀
which character does Kong xuer play? and can anyone tell me a bit about her character? I read this a while ago…
Shen Yue. She is the FL's cousin. Evil, jealous, petty and is in love with the SML (Prince Fu Xiuyi, played by Yang Shize). She deeply hates FL and keeps trying to harm her to get a chance to marry the prince.
After that trailer, I'm officially confused. 😵💫Who is the Tiger? 🐯Who is the Rose? 🌹And most importantly...**LYR…
"tigers sniff the rose" is originally based on Siegfried Sassoon's poet which describes "a powerful individual who also possesses a delicate side". The poet is translated to Chinese as "there is a fierce tiger in my heart carefully sniffing a rose" which symbolizes having both power and gentleness within one's nature. This title actually portrays both FL and ML perfectly.
FL has bad temper and mood swings, arrogant and cold, but actually fragile and lonely. ML is gentle, kindhearted, pure and a green forest, but he is decisive and ruthless when facing evil.
When did she say that about the show? After her other shows end, will she not have the chance as a fl lead?
Until 2024, she didn't have choices and scripts for female leads. She received offer for Blossom bcos she acted in Legend of Heroes (made by Yaoke/Youhug) where the producers were pleased with her acting.
But TPG? It was a rare chance for her to be the FL. She only received scripts for 10 eps and thought it was good.
Thankfully Blossom became a hit and she received multiple offers, even trusted by Xinli for their 2 S+ drama projects.
Read the novel first. One of my fave dark romance novels
Tsundere means harsh, temperamental, hotheaded, hostile, combative to people especially to the ones they like. They refuse to admit their real feelings by using harsh words.
ML in here is a green forest! The perfect man, friend, son and husband ❤️ he is a total virgin who is head over heels for FL.
I'm here bc I loved them in Blossom, but as I read the plot's summary and I was like "oh okay, seems standard,…
No, FL isn't cunning and ruthless. She was innocent, pure, naive princess, but she was sent for political marriage and lost her innocence and good temper. She suffered humiliation for 2 years, then plotted to kill her husband, the king. She led her remaining servants back to Chang'an and vowed to never be used as pawn again.
FL is all alone and has no one she can trust, she is struggling just to survive. Then she meets ML who is different from any other people she ever met. She originally only wanted to sleep with him, but then think he might be useful for her.
ML, a poor scholar, is eager to help the people by becoming prime minister. Since he coincidentally meets FL, he thought of using her to enter the court.
They both know their purposes and fall in love deeper in the process.
FYI: FL is seductive, flirtatious, has bad temper, arrogant and cold. She is lonely and fragile, wants to be sincerely loved. ML is gentle, soft spoken, polite, kindhearted, patience, pure, a total virgin. His emotions only stirred by FL. Bcos these 2 are completely opposite, they are attracted to e/o.
I have read the novel and let me tell you. Among Meng Ziyi's characters, this one is the most tragic. Her character is NOT reborn, she survived calamity.
A "fast-paced" revenge drama features tight, plot-driven storytelling that rapidly moves from betrayal…
So true! People who just started watching cdrama will complain about the episode numbers. Brooo I used to watch tv series that has more than 100 eps! They kept adding unnecessary problems and the characters take a long time to resolve 🥱 at least cdrama is much better, with stunning visuals, settings, hanfu with MUCH shorter episode numbers. It's only 40 eps! Long time cdrama fans actually complain the numbers are too short.
A "fast-paced" revenge drama features tight, plot-driven storytelling that rapidly moves from betrayal…
Yes I didn't mean "fast pace romance" as well. But some people said The Double is fast pace and I didn't see it at all. It is very slow. Also, to compare it with Blossom is absurd. Both drama are totally different.
Besides, which cdrama that isn't slow? That's why it used to have 60+ eps. Even when they cut it to 40 eps, cdrama is still slow burn to capture all the details.
The Double is very good for: 1. Those who like revenge. 2. Those who like FL centric drama. 3. Slow burn romance. 4. Smart and witty FL. 5. Equally smart leads. 6. Visually pleasing.
Things I felt disappointed: 1. There is no secondary couple. I was hoping Ruoyao and that Mr. Qi could be a couple. I thought the plot would be Mr. Qi keeps pursuing Ruoyao and they get married. Such a handsome man only appears for 1-2 minutes?? 2. It would've been nice if Liu Xu and Shijie become a couple. The hyperactive gf with gentle bf. 3. Idk about the novel, but this drama has Shen Yurong and the princess as the second couple, which irritated me. It is very toxic and disturbing. 4. Yeah, lets treat their wounds and mental illnesses with poison 😓
I finished watching this a few days ago. I want to write something that was bothering me.
A lot of people compared The Double with Blossom. Some of them said "I'm used to The Double's fast pace, I feel Blossom is too slow" and things like that. Every time I read that kind of comments, I thought "How fast is The Double? Do the leads get married at ep 5 or something? Or does one enemy go down right after she returns?"
Then the more I watched it the more I kept thinking "Which part of it that people said fast pace?" Bcos I didn't see anything that can be called "fast pace".
It is very slow. The FL deals with her stepmother and sisters, academy rivalry, music practice, etc. The romance is very subtle. They kinda confessed at ep 34! "Do you know I fancy you?"
Idek why people compare The Double with Blossom. Surely they don't know the two drama have different plots.
The Double is a revenge drama. The FL focuses on making those who harmed her and Jiang Li to pay while also making sure Jiang Li gets what she should have. The leads are not in the mood for romance, more like business transactions.
Blossom is a rebirth drama, but the FL doesn't care about revenge. She only wants to live in peace. It focuses on their marriage life.
If people want to compare, it should be The Double with The Glory.
I hope they change the official tile cause it sounds goffy
"tigers sniff the rose" is originally based on Siegfried Sassoon's poet which describes "a powerful individual who also possesses a delicate side". The poet is translated to Chinese as "there is a fierce tiger in my heart carefully sniffing a rose" which symbolizes having both power and gentleness within one's nature. This title actually portrays both FL and ML perfectly.
8 out of 10 actors in this drama are so good looking! My most fave somehow is Zhao Ke, the guard, he is cute! The actors play as Zhou Yanbang and Li Jin are also hottie. Then I kept thinking where did I see the actor for Zhao prince, and after I checked he was Ru Shou in LYF 😚 Such a pity Meng En and Ji Lingchen only appeared for a short time.
Meanwhile the ladies... Uh I really want to kick the grand princess in her face 😡 not bcos she is evil. It's just my preference.
The emperor looks around 25, but the consort i thought she is the empress dowager.
Why would the MUA use such yellow color for her eyeshadow? It is oranye with too much yellow tone in it. It looks like they smeared betadine in her eyes. Why not pink instead? It will make her face look feminine as if she has natural blush.
Liu Xiening as a 15 y.o spoiled brat is unsuitable. Too immature.
Even the synopsis of the novel already foretold the ending of the couple 🤭
The novel really highlights the ups and downs of the couple and their growth as a person.
I found it on dailymotion:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xacvedy
----------
“You jest, my lord,” Taohua narrowed her eyes. “We’re both wary of each other, knowing the other is cunning. Your so-called trust was merely your judgment, believing I had no reason to betray you. You didn’t truly trust me as a person. If you did, you wouldn’t have blamed me without question as soon as something went wrong.”
Indeed, neither of them fully trusted the other. In his heart, he even considered her a formidable opponent. So when something happened, he naturally questioned her first. Sometimes he couldn’t see through her thoughts and schemes, deepening his suspicions.
----------
Their relationship started from schemes. There was no trust, only cooperation and temporary pact. Knowing the other party is ruthless, one always has to be on guard. From there though, they fall in love, although he already fell at first sight 🤭
Tigers Sniff The Rose (mydramanovel)
The Princess Gambit (mydramanovel)
Pingyang Gongzhu (mydramanovel)
Royal Rumours (https://www.kanunu8.com/book5/zzshiguang/)
Inside that kanunu8 website, you can try reading novels written by:
1. Author: 希昀 Xi Yun
侯门
逢君
2. author: 九月流火 Jiu Yue Liu Huo
难消帝王恩
九叔万福
玉佩里的太子爷
锦衣杀
The poet is translated to Chinese as "there is a fierce tiger in my heart carefully sniffing a rose" which symbolizes having both power and gentleness within one's nature.
This title actually portrays both FL and ML perfectly.
FL has bad temper and mood swings, arrogant and cold, but actually fragile and lonely.
ML is gentle, kindhearted, pure and a green forest, but he is decisive and ruthless when facing evil.
But TPG? It was a rare chance for her to be the FL. She only received scripts for 10 eps and thought it was good.
Thankfully Blossom became a hit and she received multiple offers, even trusted by Xinli for their 2 S+ drama projects.
ML in here is a green forest! The perfect man, friend, son and husband ❤️ he is a total virgin who is head over heels for FL.
FL is all alone and has no one she can trust, she is struggling just to survive. Then she meets ML who is different from any other people she ever met. She originally only wanted to sleep with him, but then think he might be useful for her.
ML, a poor scholar, is eager to help the people by becoming prime minister. Since he coincidentally meets FL, he thought of using her to enter the court.
They both know their purposes and fall in love deeper in the process.
FYI:
FL is seductive, flirtatious, has bad temper, arrogant and cold. She is lonely and fragile, wants to be sincerely loved.
ML is gentle, soft spoken, polite, kindhearted, patience, pure, a total virgin. His emotions only stirred by FL.
Bcos these 2 are completely opposite, they are attracted to e/o.
I have read the novel and let me tell you. Among Meng Ziyi's characters, this one is the most tragic. Her character is NOT reborn, she survived calamity.
The mascot is coming back!
Besides, which cdrama that isn't slow? That's why it used to have 60+ eps. Even when they cut it to 40 eps, cdrama is still slow burn to capture all the details.
1. Those who like revenge.
2. Those who like FL centric drama.
3. Slow burn romance.
4. Smart and witty FL.
5. Equally smart leads.
6. Visually pleasing.
Things I felt disappointed:
1. There is no secondary couple.
I was hoping Ruoyao and that Mr. Qi could be a couple. I thought the plot would be Mr. Qi keeps pursuing Ruoyao and they get married. Such a handsome man only appears for 1-2 minutes??
2. It would've been nice if Liu Xu and Shijie become a couple. The hyperactive gf with gentle bf.
3. Idk about the novel, but this drama has Shen Yurong and the princess as the second couple, which irritated me. It is very toxic and disturbing.
4. Yeah, lets treat their wounds and mental illnesses with poison 😓
I want to write something that was bothering me.
A lot of people compared The Double with Blossom. Some of them said "I'm used to The Double's fast pace, I feel Blossom is too slow" and things like that. Every time I read that kind of comments, I thought "How fast is The Double? Do the leads get married at ep 5 or something? Or does one enemy go down right after she returns?"
Then the more I watched it the more I kept thinking "Which part of it that people said fast pace?" Bcos I didn't see anything that can be called "fast pace".
It is very slow. The FL deals with her stepmother and sisters, academy rivalry, music practice, etc. The romance is very subtle. They kinda confessed at ep 34! "Do you know I fancy you?"
Idek why people compare The Double with Blossom. Surely they don't know the two drama have different plots.
The Double is a revenge drama. The FL focuses on making those who harmed her and Jiang Li to pay while also making sure Jiang Li gets what she should have. The leads are not in the mood for romance, more like business transactions.
Blossom is a rebirth drama, but the FL doesn't care about revenge. She only wants to live in peace. It focuses on their marriage life.
If people want to compare, it should be The Double with The Glory.
The poet is translated to Chinese as "there is a fierce tiger in my heart carefully sniffing a rose" which symbolizes having both power and gentleness within one's nature. This title actually portrays both FL and ML perfectly.
My most fave somehow is Zhao Ke, the guard, he is cute!
The actors play as Zhou Yanbang and Li Jin are also hottie.
Then I kept thinking where did I see the actor for Zhao prince, and after I checked he was Ru Shou in LYF 😚
Such a pity Meng En and Ji Lingchen only appeared for a short time.
Meanwhile the ladies...
Uh I really want to kick the grand princess in her face 😡 not bcos she is evil. It's just my preference.
The emperor looks around 25, but the consort i thought she is the empress dowager.
Liu Xiening as a 15 y.o spoiled brat is unsuitable. Too immature.