The idea is great, sadly it is very badly executed. The acting is poor, specially on the kids, but the situations feel rushed and staged, it doesn't flow it feels like they are just acting a scene. Also WHY is the psychologist interpreting the drawing on her own with two non professionals, who then take over the psychological interview??? Like I get it they are the main characters... however this is not how it is meant to go... I really like the idea for this drama, I get the message they are trying to convey, I just don't buy the ways they do it, it really feels to me staged for the camera. I will finish it cause I am interested in the story but it lacks something to me. (EP2)
no. I honetly don't get the point of the story. whoever wrote this clearly had daddy issues and just needed to put them somewhere. Beautiful story? maybe some parts, but honestly I found it difficult to feel touched. The dad never accepted that he was not the father... and makes the bio dad pay for his own insecurities. There is not much of an emotional closing relating this issue, the only one that somehow gets closure is the little girl... and not even... I personally didn't get the point of the story. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed watching the series, I am not happy with how the story goes.
I saved this a while ago, I have been struggling to find J-dramas lately and I was not hopeful at all for this one, MY DELIGHT when I saw it on Netflix a few days ago, 0 hesitation, started watching it and OMG I have enjoyed it soooo much. I hope Netflix will continue to add gems like this. (I mean I will watch anything they upload just to get the message through them, but I will be extra thankful if they give us good ones).
I don't usually comment here, but I kind of was taken back from watching this movie because of the one review and I wouldn't want anyone else (looking for the right content) to miss out on this cute film. First of all, if you are here looking for a meaningful, deep family drama, just leave, this is not gonna work for you. On the other hand, if you are looking for a cute, romantic, very cliche love story, then this is the right place. Maybe you think the whole step siblings situation feels like incest... but does it? Because the relationship they have is, at no point, a siblings' one, first of all they start living together at about 15-16 years old, they have never met before, and the parents (this is the only wtf moment) kind of aren't there, which means rather than a family, they are more like a bunch of kids living together, still if what bothers you is the fact that their parents are married... how about you just ignore the 5" they are on screen, and take it as a girl and her neighbours both end up living alone bc of a random situation after both their parents move abroad. Otherwise, this is just another somehow ended up living together and then fell in love japanese high school romance movie. Hope this helps your undecision.
I was going to give it the 10 but the ending didn't give me the butterflies the rest of the movie did. However this is such a sweet movie and deffinitely a feel good watch.
I've been wanting to rewatch this for a while, but I can't find it anywhere... If someone knows where to find it, even if it is raw I would be very thankful.
I totally agree the ML was really bad, as I was watching I couldn-t help but thinking that he was not a match at all for the female, she was way better of an actress.
Maybe I will give the manga a chance.