Hello I’m back! Here’s my thoughts on episode 3! 😍🥰
This episode was definitely a lot more light hearted/fun compared to episode 1 and 2. But obviously there were still some things that were sad and concerning regarding Sun and Nuea. 😭
“Stop it Nuea. It’s like I’m seducing myself. It creeps me out.”
“I’m sick of this.”
oof 😬
Here’s a good example of both of them showing their insecurities. Sun doesn’t like himself and Nuea just wants to feel loved. Even though Sun in my opinion may not have meant for it to come across as rejecting Nuea. It unfortunately did come across like he’s rejecting Nuea though. Nuea while in Sun’s body was clearly (rightfully so) shocked, angry, and hurt after hearing that.
I think that Sun also is dealing with low self esteem, low self worth, and body image issues. I feel like Sun thinks that he doesn’t have anything to offer Nuea because well Sun and Nuea are in different tax brackets, they grew up differently, they have totally different life experiences, and Nuea already has everything he could ever want or need. So that makes Sun feel like he has nothing to offer Nuea other than his love, not burdening him with his struggles, and taking the lead on trying to fix this whole body swap situation.
I also feel like Sun was like that in Y Destiny as well regarding struggling with low self esteem and low self worth.
But in Suntiny we’re starting to see a lot more of his insecurities now because he can no longer get it up on top of this whole body swap issue. So it’s just making his insecurities worse/more noticeable. The same goes for Nuea. Not to mention he sucks at communicating that. But Nuea also sucks at communicating his struggles as well because they’re both super insecure and just don’t really quite know how to communicate that to each other. Which leads to all these misunderstandings we’ve been seeing. 😭
They think that their immense love for one another is enough to make their relationship survive/be healthy. But it isn’t. They also have to learn how to love themselves so that they can better love and understand each other and be more secure in themselves and their relationship.
Relationships need more than just love to survive/be healthy. Love is a huge part of what helps a relationship survive don’t get me wrong. But there are other things that are important as well. They need trust, respect, communication, honesty, working through disagreements, and understanding.
Also Sun and Nuea do try their best to make each other happy so much in fact they also forget that they need to be happy as well. Being content with your significant other being happy isn’t enough for a relationship to survive and be healthy either.
I’m saying this again I just wish they’d stop being scared to communicate their fears and struggles with one another. That won’t make the other feel burdened or love you less I promise. It honestly will do the opposite of that. They’ll love you more for it and appreciate you more as well. 😭
“The enchanted soap, a spell in disguise for a serpent’s might. For men whose flame has lost its pride, its power wakes in a silent night. Just bathe beneath the moonlit sky. Should you twist the sacred art, your mind and body will be torn apart; your soul exchanges with one close to heart. But fear not; it’s not hard. When the time is met, there will come a restart when the night comes to pass. Born in Sunday, marked by cursed fate. The night extends; it shall not abate. When seven days finally meet, the souls exchange; the switch completes. The curse will break, but crossing past forty-nine is too late. When the moon is full and the stars have died, take up the soap; let your hands glide to bring your soul back to your side.”
Woah 🤯
Oh Sun. 🤣 That IS NOT what Third was talking about. 🤣
“It says… if you two keep switching bodies, it will delay the process of switching back. And if it keeps going every seven days, once it hits 49 days, you won’t be able to return to your bodies.”
😭😭😭😭😭
“Nuea, I will fix this.”
Here’s an example of what I was talking about earlier how Sun takes the lead on trying to solve this issue and reassure Nuea because he feels like he doesn’t have anything to offer Nuea other than what I mentioned earlier.
“I actually got this soap when I went to pay my respects to my masters in China. It’s a ceremony only held once a year.”
“Wait! Next month, the masters are going to see their disciples. And we’re still within the 49 days.”
Oh Sun and Nuea got so lucky that this ceremony hasn’t been held yet. 😭
Oh yes another monologue! ☺️
“I was really happy today… and also very tired. I spent the whole day in Sun’s body. But when I finally lay beside him, it felt oddly comforting. He once told me that when we sleep, we should keep some distance. So tonight, I lay right in the middle. I could hear him breathing so close by, and it made me feel safe. I love how he always teaches me things. I love how quiet he is. & I love that he never wins when I tease him. If this body switch can bring us closer, then I want to thank him…for going through all of this with me. And if we ever get back to our bodies, I still want him by my side.”
Oh this whole thing had me in tears. They really are so sweet and love each other so much despite all the issues they regarding their relationship at the moment. 😭
OMG KHUN MOM IS CALLING 👀
“Just say yes to everything. Don’t worry. I’m right here.”
OH 😭 Khun Mom is so cold and scary. Just watching that had me so stressed and nervous for Nuea. Even Sun is scared. 😭 I’ll go more into detail about my feelings and interpretations when we actually see Nuea and Khun Mom interact.
Okay more Toy and Temp interactions. Gosh I really like Toy and Temp they’re so cute. I love just watching them interact and learn more about each other. Temp really likes Toy so much already. I think Toy is just a bit clueless though how Temp feels for Toy even though Temp is being so obvious. 🤣 Toy however is starting to warm up to Temp and already has a crush on him (I think) but it may not be to the extent of how hard Temp is crushing on Toy quite yet. I think it will get there though. ☺️
“But if you don’t wanna go, I know a way.”
“You do?”
👀😳
“If we do it again, we might switch back.”
“I don’t think we will.”
I don’t think they will either. But hey. Who knows? 🤷🏻
“Third didn’t mention this rule…”
😳👀
“Sun, there’s always a way to hack around the rules. Should we give it a try?”
I have a gut feeling that when Nuea says there’s always a way around rules and how that may not be a very good thing to do. It might cause even more chaos regarding this whole body swap issue.
Okay mission 4 start let’s find out if it works or not.
😳😳😳😳😳😳
OH MY GOD IT DID ACTUALLY WORK WHAT!? 🤯
I am a little shocked it worked though because I personally thought it was more so the fact that they finally communicated and understood each other and not so much having s*x itself. Because I remember when they were on the pool table and it didn’t work then. I remember Sun saying probably because it was too fake.
I bet this is why they are swapping back whenever they have s*x. Instead of when I thought it was more so the communication not the s*x causing them to swap back.
Nuea you little genius. You really did find a loophole on how to swap back to your original bodies.
The reason why they swap back could be (courtesy of a lovely friend of mine. Plus I found this interesting. So credit to my friend for thinking about this) is because during s*x they are experiencing positive (so when they feel loved, understood, confident in themselves/their relationship, and happy) and pleasurable emotions. Because obviously we know when they experience negative emotions (fighting, misunderstandings, stress, nervousness, anxiety, etc.) They swap! 🤯
So they swap out of their original bodies when they experience negative emotions and they swap back to their original bodies when they experience positive emotions.
Y’all 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
But I still have a gut feeling that if they willingly/unwillingly keep swapping back and forth in the long run it is going to cause so much chaos down the line. And I’m not talking about the fact that if they surpass the 49 days they’re stuck like that either. Like a whole other level of chaos. 😭
Oh I just have to talk about how excited SunNuea is that it worked. This hug is just so incredibly sweet and filled with happiness/love. Y’all they are just so sweet. 🫠🥹😭💞
Oh here we go 😭 Nuea meeting Khun Mom. 😬
I’m saying it again. Khun Mom is so scary. The vibe shift. I have literal chills. 😭
I do have a bit of a question though. So when Cooheart’s character was announced. It was announced as Nuea’s Sis originally. Not Khun Mom. So I’m just a little curious/confused. Is Khun Mom actually Nuea’s Mom OR is Khun Mom Nuea’s sibling or family member that has taken over this parental role because either something happened to Nuea’s parents or they just aren’t in the picture.
I’m curious on how someone else might feel about this. So let me know what you think? ☺️
I will say I can’t imagine Nuea having to grow up with a parent/parental figure that is this strict and terrifying. Nuea really must have had a rough childhood growing up.
Like Nuea has to always show good manners, be dressed well, speak politely, have good posture, don’t curse etc. the list goes on and on.
That’s not a healthy atmosphere for a child or well any one of any age to be in honestly.
The fact that Nuea even says “Did something come up, Khun Mom? You don’t usually invite me out for meals. And I don’t get to see you very often.”
This further shows that Nuea didn’t grow up in a loving household and is why he has trauma and fear surrounding not feeling loved and wanted.
“It sounds like I don’t really care about you. You know better than anyone how hard I work for you. Don’t ever say that again.”
“Im sorry.”
Oh Nuea is genuinely so scared right now. And so am I if I’m being honest. That little interaction just shows how toxic this relationship dynamic is between Nuea and Khun Mom.
“Why didn’t you tell me you had a boyfriend?
Oh d*mn 😭
Nuea is scared sh*tl*ss and I don’t blame him. 😭
“Don’t ask how I found it out.”
How did Khun Mom find out Nuea was in a relationship? 😭👀
oh?
OH THEY SWITCHED AGAIN! 🤯
WHAT THE F*CK INDEED 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
(Random I love how they pay homage to Y Destiny when they add the WHAT THE F*CK on the screen 🤣)
Okay back to Suntiny.
SEE!!
SUN AND NUEA SWITCH WHENEVER EITHER ONE OR BOTH EXPERIENCE ANY KIND OF NEGATIVE EMOTION AND SWITCH BACK WHENEVER THEY EXPERIENCE POSITIVE EMOTIONS (the positive/pleasurable emotions that they experience during s*x/whenever they feel loved, understood, confident in themselves/their relationship, and happy) 🤯🤯🤯🤯
“I know you’re in a relationship, and I have no intention of stopping you. I just want you to consider something. If he were an investment, do you see profit in the future? Or… the more you invest, the more you lose?”
WHAT KIND OF ANALOGY/THINKING IS THAT
SUN IS A HUMAN BEING AND THEY LOVE EACH OTHER SO MUCH! 🤬
I JUST REALIZED NUEA WON’T KNOW KHUN MOM SAID THAT UNLESS SUN TELLS NUEA (which is highly unlikely because they suck at communicating and Sun doesn’t like to burden Nuea) BECAUSE THEY SWAPPED BODIES
SUN REALLY SAT THERE AND LISTENED TO KHUN MOM COMPARE HIM TO AN INVESTMENT ETC.
If I were in Sun’s shoes I’d be so upset. 😭
Khun Mom is not a very nice person. Khun Mom is so cruel and cold.
Ooh I need to calm down 😡
😩 I NEED EPISODE 4 ASAP
I need to know how this plays out 😭
Ooh Keng and Temp both know something is up with Sun and Nuea. I can’t wait to see how this unfolds as well. 👀
I NEED EPISODE 4 RIGHT NOW 😩😩😩😩😩
Suntiny is just so good, brilliant, sad at times, and funny. 🥰
I love Suntiny so much. 😍
I am so so so so proud of MaxNat and I really love how they portray not only Sun and Nuea but how they also portray Sun in Nuea’s body and Nuea in Sun’s body. Doing something like that can’t be easy but they’re doing it so well. I love the little subtle things they do while portraying being body swapped. It’s just a nice touch. So good and perfect.
I have a lot to say about episode 1 and 2 so buckle up y’all. My thoughts in episode 1 and 2 will be split up…
episode 2 :
Another friendly reminder if you want to discuss with me about Suntiny I have not read the novel for Suntiny because I wanted to be surprised when the series aired. So please don’t talk about or spoil anything to me that happens in the Suntiny novel. 🥺
“Tonight, we just had s*x while in each other’s body. At first, it scared me a little as it felt strange. I wasn’t sure if we should continue, but you started it. I saw it in your eyes. It was t just desire, but it was love and trust. It wasn’t just s*x, but we were making love… when nothing on the outside could get in the way.”
🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹
“I never thought I’d have the courage to do it, either. Tonight only made me more certain that love… has nothing to do with appearances, but everything to do with two hearts that stay close no matter what.”
🥹💞 Sun and Nuea are just so sweet and madly in love with each other. 🥹
This monologue is so good too. 🥹
This is true there is more to a relationship/love than just having s*x and someone’s appearance.
I think this whole body swap thing for SunNuea may actually be a blessing in disguise. It could totally make them understand what the other is dealing with and gain a new perspective. But at the same time it could also cause more problems. It’s a double edged sword. Even if they gain an insight and a new perspective. That still won’t fix anything until they sit down and have those difficult and scary conversations instead of having s*x to avoid their problems/in hopes that it would solve their problems. There needs to be trust, respect, communication, and support for one another.
Ooh side couple. 😍🥰 They’re cute. I’m curious how Temp and Toy’s story progresses individually and together. 🥹☺️💞
They’re back in their own bodies!!
“Could it be that the way to break the spell is that you have to sleep with yourself?” 🤣🤣
“I guess so.”
“I’m sure it is.”
Awe they’re so sweet. 🥹☺️💞
“How about another round?”
🤣🤣 Sun calm down omg 🤣🤣
Man they really do love each other so much. ☺️
Anyway back to when Nuea said “Could it be that the way to break the spell is that you have to sleep with yourself?”
I don’t think “sleeping with himself” is necessarily what made them switch back. There’s more to it than that. I think it was more so them understanding each other by just having that conversation that we see in that monologue after they made love. That’s what made them swap back.
I do get why Nuea said what he said to Sun because he does have some trauma around you know not feeling loved/fear of not being good enough, feeling unworthy, and insecure (I’m not invalidating the way Nuea feels either. He’s just someone who’s hurting, struggling, and has unresolved trauma) and he’s using s*x as a way to deal with that/this is why he acts the way he does whenever Sun can no longer get it up.
I also understand the frustration and upset that Nuea must be feeling regarding Sun not being able to well.. Get it up. Sun never once stopped desiring Nuea in my opinion. Nuea just thinks that because Sun can’t get it up that he no longer is attracted to him and honestly it’s quite the opposite. The first time it happened where Sun couldn’t get it up Nuea thought Sun was cheating on him. It’s like at that point in time his trauma and fears literally clouded Nuea from seeing just how much Sun truly does love Nuea. Sun is head over heels in love with Nuea.
Nuea is projecting his insecurities onto Sun and while there is a reason why Nuea said what he said that reason being unresolved trauma of not being loved, fear of losing Sun, insecurity, and not feeling good enough. Still doesn’t make it fair or okay that Nuea said that. Does that necessarily make Nuea a spoiled brat, bad person, selfish, or that he doesn’t love Sun? No. He’s not a bad person, selfish, or a brat. He very clearly loves Sun so much. We’re humans and we mess up. We make mistakes. We hurt people’s feelings. But that still doesn’t you know excuse that behavior or make it okay.
Even though Nuea told Temp he was having fun at that party and the he didn’t want to leave yet. I find that hard to believe. Nuea isn’t having fun at all. He’s just upset, frustrated, and punishing Sun. Which in my opinion Sun doesn’t deserve to be punished for that.
I know Sun is aware that Nuea just wants to feel loved and Sun even blames himself for something that is out of his control and even says he failed Nuea. But Nuea saying that to him clearly really hurt Sun.
“Tonight feels quieter than any other night. But I’m still sitting right here. Haven’t moved an inch. When you told me… you were going out with Temp, I didn’t feel mad, but my heart just sank. I don’t even know what hurts more: the weakness in my body, or the fear of being dumped. It’s my fault. I know you’re not asking for much. You just want to feel like you matters and to be loved. That’s all. But I made you feel the opposite… once again. Too many times. I’m recording this not for anyone to see. But maybe, one day, when we watch this, we might laugh at how emotional I am right now. But it really hurts. I love you. Though my thing’s not working, my heart still belongs to you.”
This monologue 😭😭 I wanna give Sun the biggest hug. 😭 Max did well here too. I am so proud of him. 🥹 He did an amazing job here conveying Sun’s emotions to the audience. I teared up with Sun and my heart aches for Sun in this very moment. 😭💔
I can’t imagine how you know frustrated and embarrassed Sun must be because this is happening. Despite that being said Nuea does clearly love Sun as much as Sun loves Nuea. But Nuea’s trauma unfortunately stops him from seeing that immense love Sun has for him at times. They have a very deep and beautiful love for one another. But when there’s misunderstandings neither of them communicate to clear things up.
They both suck at communicating. Instead they have s*x in hopes that it would just solve all their problems and that’s just not how things work. Being physically intimate is less scary than actually communicating with someone how you feel, what you’re going through, and any fears you may have. They just need to communicate to each other so they can better understand what each other is going through and how they are feeling.
But if that happened the series would be over way too soon. 😭
They swapped bodies again! 😭😭😭😭 In my opinion I think they’ll keep swapping bodies back and forth until they learn to fully understand, communicate, trust, and support each other. This scene here on the pool table I feel like is an okay example of them having s*x as a way to solve their problems instead of communicating with one another. I’ll say it again. I don’t think “him having sex with himself” is what makes them swap back to their original bodies. It’s the fact that they communicated and understood each other.
But the look on Nuea’s face in Sun’s body when he has those flash backs and his eyes get so big when the realization hits him. I’m gone. It’s seriously so funny. 🤣
⚠️TW : depre**ion, s*h, sl***ing pil**, possible body d*sm*rph*a (if these things trigger you please skip this and take care of yourself 🫂)
“I honestly thought this whole body-switching thing would be a total mess, annoying, and exhausting. But after spending time in your body, living as you… I realized… it’s not just a body. It’s the life of someone I love. I found sl***ing pil** in the drawer. I saw the c*** you hid beneath your favorite shirt. I read the sticky note that said, don’t forget to smile even when you’re tired. It hit me right in the heart. All this time, I was so afraid you’d get sick of me and worried I wasn’t enough for you. But now I know… that… I never truly understood you at all. I’m sorry for never asking if you were okay. I’m sorry for making it seem like I was the only one struggling. I’ll take the best care of this body because it belongs to my beloved one. No matter when we switch back, or how long we have to stay like this, I promise… I won’t let our love be hurt by misunderstanding ever again. When we do get our bodies back, I hope you’ll watch this video as it holds the feelings I’ve kept hidden. And today, I finally understand them.”
I wish he’d just communicate these things to Nuea instead of hoping he watches the video. 😭
If you pay attention to what is said in the ending monologue it’s very clear that Nuea is obviously struggling with some stuff and it definitely is regarding the trauma that caused him to fear not feeling loved/not being good enough etc. But that could also include the (remember this is just my interpretation) body d*sm*rph*a as well alongside some other things like depression (the sticky note that says “don’t forget to smile even when you’re tired.”) , s*h, and the sl***ing pil**.
This is literally about having empathy and understanding towards others and we actually see that in this monologue at the end. We see Sun in Nuea’s body showing understanding and empathy towards Nuea. Sun didn’t know what Nuea was struggling with until now and I know Sun meant that when he said it hit him right in his heart. I just wish instead of Sun saying I hope you see this video that Sun said that to him in person.
Okay if you skipped the part above because of the TW. It is safe to read from this point on I promise.
This empathy and understanding that we see during this monologue is what I feel causes them to switch back to their original bodies. But whenever they fight or have a misunderstanding they switch out of their original bodies into each others so they can better understand what each other goes through.
This ending monologue actually broke my heart. I really had to take a super long time to collect myself. The tears won’t stop coming and I’ve watched Suntiny so much already since the initial release. 😭 Nat did so well during this monologue. He did so good conveying Sun’s feelings toward Nuea etc. Like I really sat there and cried for such a long time after I watched this monologue. It really had me so emotional. I was sobbing so much. 😭 Nat did so well and I’m so proud of him for doing a really amazing job regarding this really emotionally heavy monologue. 🥹💞
I can’t wait for episode 3. I’m so excited to see what happens. 😍🥰
I have a lot to say about episode 1 and 2 so buckle up y’all. My thoughts in episode 1 and 2 will be split up because I really have so much to talk about.
But before I do that. I do genuinely love this series so far. It’s just the perfect blend of comedy, romance, and drama in my opinion. Like the expectations that I had for Suntiny was high already. With these 2 episodes they took my expectations and exceeded them. Like these 2 episodes really took me on an emotional rollercoaster ride. I am so excited for episode 3.
A heads up.
I haven’t read the Suntiny novel because I wanted to be surprised when it aired. ☺️
So if you’ve read the novel and respond to my comment please don’t comment anything to me about what happens in the novel. Thanks in advance. Hope you understand. 🥹
Okay now onto what I have to say about episode 1 and 2.
episode 1 :
First thing that I really love about this series so far is the monologues that SunNuea do together and separately. In my opinion the monologues really just put things into perspective, helps you understand what’s going on, and really makes you think about a lot deep and important topics. In a sense it also opens up for important discussions to be had revolving around these topics. In my opinion these monologues really help the story progress smoothly. I love them so much. It’s a different and unique way of story telling. This way we get to know more about SunNuea, how they feel, why they said/did what they did, and I feel in general it also makes you connect with/understand SunNuea more.
This part where Nuea asks Sun if he’s cheating on him is the first time we see Nuea’s unresolved trauma, fear of not being good enough, feeling unworthy, and insecurity show. His unresolved trauma is making it hard for him to see that Sun in fact would never cheat on him, that he’s the only one he’s been with, that he would never sleep with anyone else, that he loves him so much, and that something is wrong with him (not being able to well.. You know get it up).
Trauma rewires your brain, how you respond to things, and your way of thinking. So even though Sun said that and reassured him Nuea still couldn’t see or feel that in that very moment because Nuea equates having s*x to feeling wanted, loved, worthy, and as a way to ignore problems/trauma/fear.
Sun does that a little bit as well in my opinion. He also uses s*x as a way to deal with/ignore problems/trauma/fear. That’s just not how it works. Having s*x isn’t going to make everything right or fix your problems. But I think they feel having s*x is easier than communicating to each other how they really feel. They need to just sit down and communicate for once with each other what they’re struggling with and how they feel instead of having s*x whenever there’s a misunderstanding and hoping it fixes everything. 😭
I really feel for Sun though. Like I can’t even imagine how frustrating and embarrassing that is for him. The fact that he mumbles to himself “will he get sick of me?” That’s one of Sun’s fears. He’s worried that because of this issue that Nuea will get so fed up with Sun not being able to get it up that he’ll just leave him. In that moment Sun isn’t thinking about how obvious it is that Nuea does love Sun.
Sun and Nuea do have this intense and deep love for one another. I mean in Y Des Nuea was the one who had this whole elaborate plan with Sun’s friend to have Sun tutor Nuea just so Nuea can be closer to Sun/start a relationship with him. Then Sun eventually ends up falling for Nuea hard and fast. They love each other so much. But Sun’s fear of being left overshadows that unfortunately.
I also can’t imagine the frustration and fear that Nuea feels as well though. Like he definitely is scared that Sun doesn’t love him anymore and the issue with Sun when they get intimate it just keeps happening. So it’s just making the problem worse. I’m saying it again. If they just sat down and communicated all of this misunderstanding could be avoided. 😭
Whoever Sun was talking to advising him to go see Third I can’t. 🤣 I love Third though don’t get me wrong. 🤣 Please this whole scene is so funny. Toy and Third just laughing at Sun because he can’t get hard. I’m gone. 🤣 Poor Sun. 🤣😭
Oop oh no. 🤣🤣 Sun you’re being so sus right now. Why did you tell Nuea he said he wouldn’t be home so soon? 🤣 He lives there too. He can come and go as he pleases. 🤣 Sun you’re not doing a good job of hiding the fact you went and saw third to help with your problem. 🤣 Now Sun is just rambling out of sheer nervousness. 🤣 Nuea was like I didn’t even ask what you were doing. 🤣 Nuea even clocked Sun for that. Nuea said “but you got defensive real quick.” 🤣
Man Sun can’t even resist Nuea (I get it though 😳). Even though he’s supposed to bathe with that soap alone he just goes ahead and allows Nuea to bathe with him. Man Sun is such a simp for Nuea. 🤣
Oop 😬 “can I bathe alone today?” Sun you’re digging yourself into a hole here. 🤣 “I mean… it’s a cold bath. You hate cold baths, don’t you?” 😬🤣 ooh Nuea is not happy with that response. 😬 Nuea is like only one way to make Sun give in and let me bathe with him. 🤣 And it obviously worked 🤣😳👀 “Okay, fine. We can bathe together.” 🤣🤣
And of course sh*t has hit the fan because Sun ignored the rules of how to use that soap correctly. 😬 Please I can’t with the screams, the slap, the realization that they’ve swapped bodies, the fact that temp shows up to be tutored, and them scrambling putting on each others clothes to get down stairs. Comedy at its finest. 🤣 I can’t with Nuea in Sun’s body trying his best to get his clothes on Sun’s body but is only able to get the pants, one boot, and just put the shirt over his neck cause it’s all too small for Sun’s body. 🤣
I am so serious when I say this. Max and Nat really did such a good job with portraying each other’s characters and stepping out of their comfort zone. I am so proud of them.
I’ll go a little more in depth about the little subtle things I’ve noticed that they’ve done when they swapped bodies. More specifically how Max has portrayed Nuea in Sun’s body. Because Nuea doesn’t quite act like the same Nuea we see when he’s in his original body and I have a gut feeling there’s a reason for that. If you notice Nuea in Sun’s body is very uncomfortable, sad, and stressed. But I won’t get into thst just yet.
I can’t with Nuea in Sun’s body answering when temp says hi Nuea. 🤣 Even the way Sun speaking the way he normally does despite being in Nuea’s body. This is so funny. 🤣🤣 Temp knows something is up. 👀 I can’t stop laughing help. Sun in Nuea’s body telling Temp to shut up and Nuea (in Sun’s body) eyes getting huge after he heard him tell Temp to shut up. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I know Temp did not believe even for a second that Sun is sick. 🤣
Okay now I’ll get into why I think Nuea doesn’t act quite the same in Sun’s body/why Max has portrayed Nuea differently. Keep in mind this is just my interpretation and it’s fine if you think differently than me.
⚠️TW : body d*sm*rph*a (if that triggers you please skip past this part and don’t forget to take care of yourself 🫂)
Nuea could be dealing with body d*sm*rph*a when they swap bodies because you can really tell that Nuea is genuinely so upset, uncomfortable, and stressed to be in Sun’s body. Like to the point that even Sun in Nuea’s body notices and gets really worried for Nuea. Nuea is definitely a lot less confident in himself as compared to when he’s in his own body.
But I also have a gut feeling that even Nuea being in his own body that he still struggles with body d*sm*rph*a. Some people are good at hiding it. Some people tend to camouflage it by doing makeup, doing their hair, getting nails done, choosing accessories, and even choosing clothes to wear.
So this is just why I feel like Max has portrayed Nuea a little differently compared to how Nat portrays Nuea. Also just in my opinion the reason Nat doesn’t portray Sun any differently is because Sun obviously doesn’t struggle with body d*sm*rph*a. If you notice Nuea in Sun’s body even has his nails done and he tries his best to dress the way he normally would in his own body. But that doesn’t quite work out because Sun is tall and very muscular. Nuea has had his way of camouflaging his body d*sm*rph*a taken away from him and that’s why we see Nuea be so sad, scared, uncomfortable, crying, and stressed regarding his appearance while in Sun’s body in my opinion.
OKAY!
if you skipped that part because of the TW. I hope you’re doing okay. 🫂 I promise you it’s safe for you to read from this point onward regarding episode 1 unless I talk about it more I’ll add the TW again so whoever wants to skip can skip.
These monologues always have me in tears they’re so good. I hope they keep these monologues going throughout the whole series. 😭 Sun apologizing to Nuea for putting him through something like this. 😭
Okay onto something that’s a bit more lighthearted and funny. Man I really did have a feeling this series would take me on an emotional rollercoaster ride. 😭
I can’t with Toy, Nuea, and Sun freaking out over the fact they’ve swapped bodies. 🤣🤣 oh Sun you really messed up. 😭 Nuea didn’t even know about the soap he got from Third. 😭 “What soap, Sun?” 😬 I’d really hate to be Sun in this very moment. 😖😭 “Third’s soap looked kinda interesting, so I asked to try it.” That is not what happened at all. 🤣🤣 Gosh uncle, you literally asked for trouble.” 🤣 “But… there’s only half of it.” Oh no 😭😭 Third finds the scripture but only has half of it. Sun and Nuea are doomed. 😭 “You guys will switch back when it’s time. Don’t worry.” If I were in their shoes and heard that I would still be worrying. 😭
⚠️TW : body d*sm*rph*a (if that triggers you please skip past this part and don’t forget to take care of yourself 🫂)
See there goes Nuea in Sun’s body saying again “How can we be calm? I don’t want this body! It’s so big, and so are the muscles. I hate it.” 😭
Okay you can continue to read from here if you skipped the TW.
And Sun is blaming himself. My heart breaks for both of them for different reasons. “It’s all my fault. If I didn’t insist on using that soap, we wouldn’t have had to be in such trouble.” 😭
This whole scene is funny too omg. 🤣 Temp really isn’t buying into any of there excuses. Plus they’re acting strange. It’s a dead giveaway that something isn’t quite right. He obviously hasn’t pinpointed what exactly. 🤣😭 Oh the way Sun in Nuea’s body looks at Nuea in Sun’s body and thinks “I’m sorry, Nuea. I promise I’ll do everything I can to get us back to normal.” 😭
Oh Sun 😭 “We even asked for Third’s advice today. He said… our bodies will switch back on their own soon. But I’m still a little worried. We don’t know exactly when it will happen. But even though I’m scared, I’m relieved that at least we’re still together. Thank you for getting through everything together today.” Oh my gosh y’all I’m still in tears even after a few days of the episodes airing and watching both these episodes a few times now. These monologues never fail in making me emotional. 😭😭
⚠️TW : body d*sm*rph*a (if that triggers you please skip past this part and don’t forget to take care of yourself 🫂)
Even here Nuea talks about how he feels and talks more about how he feels appearing as someone who is a big man like Sun. You can feel he is even a bit nervous or anxious. They even cut to him looking in the mirror while in suns body touching his face and covering up his chest looking visibly sad and distressed during his monologue. 😭💔 “This feels weird. Hello. I’m Nuea. Even though this is Sun’s body. It’s weird that… I appear as a big man. When I looked into the mirror, I saw you. I was stunned. But I’m lucky to have Sun by my side. It really made me feel a lot better.”
Oh my gosh y’all. 💔💔💔💔💔😭😭😭😭😭
If you skipped the TW it’s okay to keep reading after this point.
“I know you’ve been feeling guilty for using that soap, but I understand that you used it because you wanted to make me happy and not worry about our problems. I’m not mad at you, Sun. If anything, I want to thank you for trying so hard for me. And I want you to know, too, that is switching bodies… has made me more certain about how I feel. Though our bodies have switched, I still feel… we’re side by side, just like always. In your eyes looking at me, I see the love, the care, just like you’ve always looked at me. It hasn’t changed at all. So, whether it’s tomorrow or whenever, I’m sure we’ll get through this together. We’ll get our bodies back eventually.” “Sun… whatever happens, we’ll go through this together, okay?”
Oh my gosh I’m so emotional. 😭😭😭😭😭
Sun and Nuea have the most pure, beautiful, and deep love for one another despite having current misunderstandings happening within their relationship at the moment.
That whole monologue gave me chills and made me so emotional. 😭😭😭😭
I hope we continue getting these monologues for every episode. 🥹
I’m saying it again. Max did so well portraying Nuea and giving this amazing and incredibly emotional monologue. 😭 I am just so proud of Max. He did so well conveying Nuea’s feelings and making the audience feel those emotions as well. 😭😭😭😭😭 Nat too. I am so proud of him as well. He absolutely did so well portraying Sun and giving the most amazing and heart breaking monologues as well. He also did a good job portraying the way Sun felt and making the audience feel those emotions as well. 🥹💞
This episode was definitely a lot more light hearted/fun compared to episode 1 and 2. But obviously there were still some things that were sad and concerning regarding Sun and Nuea. 😭
“Stop it Nuea. It’s like I’m seducing myself. It creeps me out.”
“I’m sick of this.”
oof 😬
Here’s a good example of both of them showing their insecurities. Sun doesn’t like himself and Nuea just wants to feel loved. Even though Sun in my opinion may not have meant for it to come across as rejecting Nuea. It unfortunately did come across like he’s rejecting Nuea though. Nuea while in Sun’s body was clearly (rightfully so) shocked, angry, and hurt after hearing that.
I think that Sun also is dealing with low self esteem, low self worth, and body image issues. I feel like Sun thinks that he doesn’t have anything to offer Nuea because well Sun and Nuea are in different tax brackets, they grew up differently, they have totally different life experiences, and Nuea already has everything he could ever want or need. So that makes Sun feel like he has nothing to offer Nuea other than his love, not burdening him with his struggles, and taking the lead on trying to fix this whole body swap situation.
I also feel like Sun was like that in Y Destiny as well regarding struggling with low self esteem and low self worth.
But in Suntiny we’re starting to see a lot more of his insecurities now because he can no longer get it up on top of this whole body swap issue. So it’s just making his insecurities worse/more noticeable. The same goes for Nuea. Not to mention he sucks at communicating that. But Nuea also sucks at communicating his struggles as well because they’re both super insecure and just don’t really quite know how to communicate that to each other. Which leads to all these misunderstandings we’ve been seeing. 😭
They think that their immense love for one another is enough to make their relationship survive/be healthy. But it isn’t. They also have to learn how to love themselves so that they can better love and understand each other and be more secure in themselves and their relationship.
Relationships need more than just love to survive/be healthy. Love is a huge part of what helps a relationship survive don’t get me wrong. But there are other things that are important as well. They need trust, respect, communication, honesty, working through disagreements, and understanding.
Also Sun and Nuea do try their best to make each other happy so much in fact they also forget that they need to be happy as well. Being content with your significant other being happy isn’t enough for a relationship to survive and be healthy either.
I’m saying this again I just wish they’d stop being scared to communicate their fears and struggles with one another. That won’t make the other feel burdened or love you less I promise. It honestly will do the opposite of that. They’ll love you more for it and appreciate you more as well. 😭
“The enchanted soap, a spell in disguise for a serpent’s might. For men whose flame has lost its pride, its power wakes in a silent night. Just bathe beneath the moonlit sky. Should you twist the sacred art, your mind and body will be torn apart; your soul exchanges with one close to heart. But fear not; it’s not hard. When the time is met, there will come a restart when the night comes to pass. Born in Sunday, marked by cursed fate. The night extends; it shall not abate. When seven days finally meet, the souls exchange; the switch completes. The curse will break, but crossing past forty-nine is too late. When the moon is full and the stars have died, take up the soap; let your hands glide to bring your soul back to your side.”
Woah 🤯
Oh Sun. 🤣 That IS NOT what Third was talking about. 🤣
“It says… if you two keep switching bodies, it will delay the process of switching back. And if it keeps going every seven days, once it hits 49 days, you won’t be able to return to your bodies.”
😭😭😭😭😭
“Nuea, I will fix this.”
Here’s an example of what I was talking about earlier how Sun takes the lead on trying to solve this issue and reassure Nuea because he feels like he doesn’t have anything to offer Nuea other than what I mentioned earlier.
“I actually got this soap when I went to pay my respects to my masters in China. It’s a ceremony only held once a year.”
“Wait! Next month, the masters are going to see their disciples. And we’re still within the 49 days.”
Oh Sun and Nuea got so lucky that this ceremony hasn’t been held yet. 😭
Oh yes another monologue! ☺️
“I was really happy today… and also very tired. I spent the whole day in Sun’s body. But when I finally lay beside him, it felt oddly comforting. He once told me that when we sleep, we should keep some distance. So tonight, I lay right in the middle. I could hear him breathing so close by, and it made me feel safe. I love how he always teaches me things. I love how quiet he is. & I love that he never wins when I tease him. If this body switch can bring us closer, then I want to thank him…for going through all of this with me. And if we ever get back to our bodies, I still want him by my side.”
Oh this whole thing had me in tears. They really are so sweet and love each other so much despite all the issues they regarding their relationship at the moment. 😭
OMG KHUN MOM IS CALLING 👀
“Just say yes to everything. Don’t worry. I’m right here.”
OH 😭 Khun Mom is so cold and scary. Just watching that had me so stressed and nervous for Nuea. Even Sun is scared. 😭 I’ll go more into detail about my feelings and interpretations when we actually see Nuea and Khun Mom interact.
Okay more Toy and Temp interactions. Gosh I really like Toy and Temp they’re so cute. I love just watching them interact and learn more about each other. Temp really likes Toy so much already. I think Toy is just a bit clueless though how Temp feels for Toy even though Temp is being so obvious. 🤣 Toy however is starting to warm up to Temp and already has a crush on him (I think) but it may not be to the extent of how hard Temp is crushing on Toy quite yet. I think it will get there though. ☺️
“But if you don’t wanna go, I know a way.”
“You do?”
👀😳
“If we do it again, we might switch back.”
“I don’t think we will.”
I don’t think they will either. But hey. Who knows? 🤷🏻
“Third didn’t mention this rule…”
😳👀
“Sun, there’s always a way to hack around the rules. Should we give it a try?”
I have a gut feeling that when Nuea says there’s always a way around rules and how that may not be a very good thing to do. It might cause even more chaos regarding this whole body swap issue.
Okay mission 4 start let’s find out if it works or not.
😳😳😳😳😳😳
OH MY GOD IT DID ACTUALLY WORK WHAT!? 🤯
I am a little shocked it worked though because I personally thought it was more so the fact that they finally communicated and understood each other and not so much having s*x itself. Because I remember when they were on the pool table and it didn’t work then. I remember Sun saying probably because it was too fake.
I bet this is why they are swapping back whenever they have s*x. Instead of when I thought it was more so the communication not the s*x causing them to swap back.
Nuea you little genius. You really did find a loophole on how to swap back to your original bodies.
The reason why they swap back could be (courtesy of a lovely friend of mine. Plus I found this interesting. So credit to my friend for thinking about this) is because during s*x they are experiencing positive (so when they feel loved, understood, confident in themselves/their relationship, and happy) and pleasurable emotions. Because obviously we know when they experience negative emotions (fighting, misunderstandings, stress, nervousness, anxiety, etc.) They swap! 🤯
So they swap out of their original bodies when they experience negative emotions and they swap back to their original bodies when they experience positive emotions.
Y’all 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
But I still have a gut feeling that if they willingly/unwillingly keep swapping back and forth in the long run it is going to cause so much chaos down the line. And I’m not talking about the fact that if they surpass the 49 days they’re stuck like that either. Like a whole other level of chaos. 😭
Oh I just have to talk about how excited SunNuea is that it worked. This hug is just so incredibly sweet and filled with happiness/love. Y’all they are just so sweet. 🫠🥹😭💞
Oh here we go 😭 Nuea meeting Khun Mom. 😬
I’m saying it again. Khun Mom is so scary. The vibe shift. I have literal chills. 😭
I do have a bit of a question though. So when Cooheart’s character was announced. It was announced as Nuea’s Sis originally. Not Khun Mom. So I’m just a little curious/confused. Is Khun Mom actually Nuea’s Mom OR is Khun Mom Nuea’s sibling or family member that has taken over this parental role because either something happened to Nuea’s parents or they just aren’t in the picture.
I’m curious on how someone else might feel about this. So let me know what you think? ☺️
I will say I can’t imagine Nuea having to grow up with a parent/parental figure that is this strict and terrifying. Nuea really must have had a rough childhood growing up.
Like Nuea has to always show good manners, be dressed well, speak politely, have good posture, don’t curse etc. the list goes on and on.
That’s not a healthy atmosphere for a child or well any one of any age to be in honestly.
The fact that Nuea even says “Did something come up, Khun Mom? You don’t usually invite me out for meals. And I don’t get to see you very often.”
This further shows that Nuea didn’t grow up in a loving household and is why he has trauma and fear surrounding not feeling loved and wanted.
“It sounds like I don’t really care about you. You know better than anyone how hard I work for you. Don’t ever say that again.”
“Im sorry.”
Oh Nuea is genuinely so scared right now. And so am I if I’m being honest. That little interaction just shows how toxic this relationship dynamic is between Nuea and Khun Mom.
“Why didn’t you tell me you had a boyfriend?
Oh d*mn 😭
Nuea is scared sh*tl*ss and I don’t blame him. 😭
“Don’t ask how I found it out.”
How did Khun Mom find out Nuea was in a relationship? 😭👀
oh?
OH THEY SWITCHED AGAIN! 🤯
WHAT THE F*CK INDEED 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
(Random I love how they pay homage to Y Destiny when they add the WHAT THE F*CK on the screen 🤣)
Okay back to Suntiny.
SEE!!
SUN AND NUEA SWITCH WHENEVER EITHER ONE OR BOTH EXPERIENCE ANY KIND OF NEGATIVE EMOTION AND SWITCH BACK WHENEVER THEY EXPERIENCE POSITIVE EMOTIONS (the positive/pleasurable emotions that they experience during s*x/whenever they feel loved, understood, confident in themselves/their relationship, and happy) 🤯🤯🤯🤯
“I know you’re in a relationship, and I have no intention of stopping you. I just want you to consider something. If he were an investment, do you see profit in the future? Or… the more you invest, the more you lose?”
WHAT KIND OF ANALOGY/THINKING IS THAT
SUN IS A HUMAN BEING AND THEY LOVE EACH OTHER SO MUCH! 🤬
I JUST REALIZED NUEA WON’T KNOW KHUN MOM SAID THAT UNLESS SUN TELLS NUEA (which is highly unlikely because they suck at communicating and Sun doesn’t like to burden Nuea) BECAUSE THEY SWAPPED BODIES
SUN REALLY SAT THERE AND LISTENED TO KHUN MOM COMPARE HIM TO AN INVESTMENT ETC.
If I were in Sun’s shoes I’d be so upset. 😭
Khun Mom is not a very nice person. Khun Mom is so cruel and cold.
Ooh I need to calm down 😡
😩 I NEED EPISODE 4 ASAP
I need to know how this plays out 😭
Ooh Keng and Temp both know something is up with Sun and Nuea. I can’t wait to see how this unfolds as well. 👀
I NEED EPISODE 4 RIGHT NOW 😩😩😩😩😩
Suntiny is just so good, brilliant, sad at times, and funny. 🥰
I love Suntiny so much. 😍
I am so so so so proud of MaxNat and I really love how they portray not only Sun and Nuea but how they also portray Sun in Nuea’s body and Nuea in Sun’s body. Doing something like that can’t be easy but they’re doing it so well. I love the little subtle things they do while portraying being body swapped. It’s just a nice touch. So good and perfect.
Another friendly reminder if you want to discuss with me about Suntiny I have not read the novel for Suntiny because I wanted to be surprised when the series aired. So please don’t talk about or spoil anything to me that happens in the Suntiny novel. 🥺
“Tonight, we just had s*x while in each other’s body. At first, it scared me a little as it felt strange. I wasn’t sure if we should continue, but you started it. I saw it in your eyes. It was t just desire, but it was love and trust. It wasn’t just s*x, but we were making love… when nothing on the outside could get in the way.”
🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹
“I never thought I’d have the courage to do it, either. Tonight only made me more certain that love… has nothing to do with appearances, but everything to do with two hearts that stay close no matter what.”
🥹💞 Sun and Nuea are just so sweet and madly in love with each other. 🥹
This monologue is so good too. 🥹
This is true there is more to a relationship/love than just having s*x and someone’s appearance.
I think this whole body swap thing for SunNuea may actually be a blessing in disguise. It could totally make them understand what the other is dealing with and gain a new perspective. But at the same time it could also cause more problems. It’s a double edged sword. Even if they gain an insight and a new perspective. That still won’t fix anything until they sit down and have those difficult and scary conversations instead of having s*x to avoid their problems/in hopes that it would solve their problems. There needs to be trust, respect, communication, and support for one another.
Ooh side couple. 😍🥰 They’re cute. I’m curious how Temp and Toy’s story progresses individually and together. 🥹☺️💞
They’re back in their own bodies!!
“Could it be that the way to break the spell is that you have to sleep with yourself?” 🤣🤣
“I guess so.”
“I’m sure it is.”
Awe they’re so sweet. 🥹☺️💞
“How about another round?”
🤣🤣 Sun calm down omg 🤣🤣
Man they really do love each other so much. ☺️
Anyway back to when Nuea said “Could it be that the way to break the spell is that you have to sleep with yourself?”
I don’t think “sleeping with himself” is necessarily what made them switch back. There’s more to it than that. I think it was more so them understanding each other by just having that conversation that we see in that monologue after they made love. That’s what made them swap back.
I do get why Nuea said what he said to Sun because he does have some trauma around you know not feeling loved/fear of not being good enough, feeling unworthy, and insecure (I’m not invalidating the way Nuea feels either. He’s just someone who’s hurting, struggling, and has unresolved trauma) and he’s using s*x as a way to deal with that/this is why he acts the way he does whenever Sun can no longer get it up.
I also understand the frustration and upset that Nuea must be feeling regarding Sun not being able to well.. Get it up. Sun never once stopped desiring Nuea in my opinion. Nuea just thinks that because Sun can’t get it up that he no longer is attracted to him and honestly it’s quite the opposite. The first time it happened where Sun couldn’t get it up Nuea thought Sun was cheating on him. It’s like at that point in time his trauma and fears literally clouded Nuea from seeing just how much Sun truly does love Nuea. Sun is head over heels in love with Nuea.
Nuea is projecting his insecurities onto Sun and while there is a reason why Nuea said what he said that reason being unresolved trauma of not being loved, fear of losing Sun, insecurity, and not feeling good enough. Still doesn’t make it fair or okay that Nuea said that. Does that necessarily make Nuea a spoiled brat, bad person, selfish, or that he doesn’t love Sun? No. He’s not a bad person, selfish, or a brat. He very clearly loves Sun so much. We’re humans and we mess up. We make mistakes. We hurt people’s feelings. But that still doesn’t you know excuse that behavior or make it okay.
Even though Nuea told Temp he was having fun at that party and the he didn’t want to leave yet. I find that hard to believe. Nuea isn’t having fun at all. He’s just upset, frustrated, and punishing Sun. Which in my opinion Sun doesn’t deserve to be punished for that.
I know Sun is aware that Nuea just wants to feel loved and Sun even blames himself for something that is out of his control and even says he failed Nuea. But Nuea saying that to him clearly really hurt Sun.
“Tonight feels quieter than any other night. But I’m still sitting right here. Haven’t moved an inch. When you told me… you were going out with Temp, I didn’t feel mad, but my heart just sank. I don’t even know what hurts more: the weakness in my body, or the fear of being dumped. It’s my fault. I know you’re not asking for much. You just want to feel like you matters and to be loved. That’s all. But I made you feel the opposite… once again. Too many times. I’m recording this not for anyone to see. But maybe, one day, when we watch this, we might laugh at how emotional I am right now. But it really hurts. I love you. Though my thing’s not working, my heart still belongs to you.”
This monologue 😭😭 I wanna give Sun the biggest hug. 😭 Max did well here too. I am so proud of him. 🥹 He did an amazing job here conveying Sun’s emotions to the audience. I teared up with Sun and my heart aches for Sun in this very moment. 😭💔
I can’t imagine how you know frustrated and embarrassed Sun must be because this is happening. Despite that being said Nuea does clearly love Sun as much as Sun loves Nuea. But Nuea’s trauma unfortunately stops him from seeing that immense love Sun has for him at times. They have a very deep and beautiful love for one another. But when there’s misunderstandings neither of them communicate to clear things up.
They both suck at communicating. Instead they have s*x in hopes that it would just solve all their problems and that’s just not how things work. Being physically intimate is less scary than actually communicating with someone how you feel, what you’re going through, and any fears you may have. They just need to communicate to each other so they can better understand what each other is going through and how they are feeling.
But if that happened the series would be over way too soon. 😭
They swapped bodies again! 😭😭😭😭 In my opinion I think they’ll keep swapping bodies back and forth until they learn to fully understand, communicate, trust, and support each other. This scene here on the pool table I feel like is an okay example of them having s*x as a way to solve their problems instead of communicating with one another. I’ll say it again. I don’t think “him having sex with himself” is what makes them swap back to their original bodies. It’s the fact that they communicated and understood each other.
But the look on Nuea’s face in Sun’s body when he has those flash backs and his eyes get so big when the realization hits him. I’m gone. It’s seriously so funny. 🤣
⚠️TW : depre**ion, s*h, sl***ing pil**, possible body d*sm*rph*a (if these things trigger you please skip this and take care of yourself 🫂)
“I honestly thought this whole body-switching thing would be a total mess, annoying, and exhausting. But after spending time in your body, living as you… I realized… it’s not just a body. It’s the life of someone I love. I found sl***ing pil** in the drawer. I saw the c*** you hid beneath your favorite shirt. I read the sticky note that said, don’t forget to smile even when you’re tired. It hit me right in the heart. All this time, I was so afraid you’d get sick of me and worried I wasn’t enough for you. But now I know… that… I never truly understood you at all. I’m sorry for never asking if you were okay. I’m sorry for making it seem like I was the only one struggling. I’ll take the best care of this body because it belongs to my beloved one. No matter when we switch back, or how long we have to stay like this, I promise… I won’t let our love be hurt by misunderstanding ever again. When we do get our bodies back, I hope you’ll watch this video as it holds the feelings I’ve kept hidden. And today, I finally understand them.”
I wish he’d just communicate these things to Nuea instead of hoping he watches the video. 😭
If you pay attention to what is said in the ending monologue it’s very clear that Nuea is obviously struggling with some stuff and it definitely is regarding the trauma that caused him to fear not feeling loved/not being good enough etc. But that could also include the (remember this is just my interpretation) body d*sm*rph*a as well alongside some other things like depression (the sticky note that says “don’t forget to smile even when you’re tired.”) , s*h, and the sl***ing pil**.
This is literally about having empathy and understanding towards others and we actually see that in this monologue at the end. We see Sun in Nuea’s body showing understanding and empathy towards Nuea. Sun didn’t know what Nuea was struggling with until now and I know Sun meant that when he said it hit him right in his heart. I just wish instead of Sun saying I hope you see this video that Sun said that to him in person.
Okay if you skipped the part above because of the TW. It is safe to read from this point on I promise.
This empathy and understanding that we see during this monologue is what I feel causes them to switch back to their original bodies. But whenever they fight or have a misunderstanding they switch out of their original bodies into each others so they can better understand what each other goes through.
This ending monologue actually broke my heart. I really had to take a super long time to collect myself. The tears won’t stop coming and I’ve watched Suntiny so much already since the initial release. 😭 Nat did so well during this monologue. He did so good conveying Sun’s feelings toward Nuea etc. Like I really sat there and cried for such a long time after I watched this monologue. It really had me so emotional. I was sobbing so much. 😭 Nat did so well and I’m so proud of him for doing a really amazing job regarding this really emotionally heavy monologue. 🥹💞
I can’t wait for episode 3. I’m so excited to see what happens. 😍🥰
But before I do that. I do genuinely love this series so far. It’s just the perfect blend of comedy, romance, and drama in my opinion. Like the expectations that I had for Suntiny was high already. With these 2 episodes they took my expectations and exceeded them. Like these 2 episodes really took me on an emotional rollercoaster ride. I am so excited for episode 3.
A heads up.
I haven’t read the Suntiny novel because I wanted to be surprised when it aired. ☺️
So if you’ve read the novel and respond to my comment please don’t comment anything to me about what happens in the novel. Thanks in advance. Hope you understand. 🥹
Okay now onto what I have to say about episode 1 and 2.
episode 1 :
First thing that I really love about this series so far is the monologues that SunNuea do together and separately. In my opinion the monologues really just put things into perspective, helps you understand what’s going on, and really makes you think about a lot deep and important topics. In a sense it also opens up for important discussions to be had revolving around these topics. In my opinion these monologues really help the story progress smoothly. I love them so much. It’s a different and unique way of story telling. This way we get to know more about SunNuea, how they feel, why they said/did what they did, and I feel in general it also makes you connect with/understand SunNuea more.
This part where Nuea asks Sun if he’s cheating on him is the first time we see Nuea’s unresolved trauma, fear of not being good enough, feeling unworthy, and insecurity show. His unresolved trauma is making it hard for him to see that Sun in fact would never cheat on him, that he’s the only one he’s been with, that he would never sleep with anyone else, that he loves him so much, and that something is wrong with him (not being able to well.. You know get it up).
Trauma rewires your brain, how you respond to things, and your way of thinking. So even though Sun said that and reassured him Nuea still couldn’t see or feel that in that very moment because Nuea equates having s*x to feeling wanted, loved, worthy, and as a way to ignore problems/trauma/fear.
Sun does that a little bit as well in my opinion. He also uses s*x as a way to deal with/ignore problems/trauma/fear. That’s just not how it works. Having s*x isn’t going to make everything right or fix your problems. But I think they feel having s*x is easier than communicating to each other how they really feel. They need to just sit down and communicate for once with each other what they’re struggling with and how they feel instead of having s*x whenever there’s a misunderstanding and hoping it fixes everything. 😭
I really feel for Sun though. Like I can’t even imagine how frustrating and embarrassing that is for him. The fact that he mumbles to himself “will he get sick of me?” That’s one of Sun’s fears. He’s worried that because of this issue that Nuea will get so fed up with Sun not being able to get it up that he’ll just leave him. In that moment Sun isn’t thinking about how obvious it is that Nuea does love Sun.
Sun and Nuea do have this intense and deep love for one another. I mean in Y Des Nuea was the one who had this whole elaborate plan with Sun’s friend to have Sun tutor Nuea just so Nuea can be closer to Sun/start a relationship with him. Then Sun eventually ends up falling for Nuea hard and fast. They love each other so much. But Sun’s fear of being left overshadows that unfortunately.
I also can’t imagine the frustration and fear that Nuea feels as well though. Like he definitely is scared that Sun doesn’t love him anymore and the issue with Sun when they get intimate it just keeps happening. So it’s just making the problem worse. I’m saying it again. If they just sat down and communicated all of this misunderstanding could be avoided. 😭
Whoever Sun was talking to advising him to go see Third I can’t. 🤣 I love Third though don’t get me wrong. 🤣 Please this whole scene is so funny. Toy and Third just laughing at Sun because he can’t get hard. I’m gone. 🤣 Poor Sun. 🤣😭
Oop oh no. 🤣🤣 Sun you’re being so sus right now. Why did you tell Nuea he said he wouldn’t be home so soon? 🤣 He lives there too. He can come and go as he pleases. 🤣 Sun you’re not doing a good job of hiding the fact you went and saw third to help with your problem. 🤣 Now Sun is just rambling out of sheer nervousness. 🤣 Nuea was like I didn’t even ask what you were doing. 🤣 Nuea even clocked Sun for that. Nuea said “but you got defensive real quick.” 🤣
Man Sun can’t even resist Nuea (I get it though 😳). Even though he’s supposed to bathe with that soap alone he just goes ahead and allows Nuea to bathe with him. Man Sun is such a simp for Nuea. 🤣
Oop 😬 “can I bathe alone today?” Sun you’re digging yourself into a hole here. 🤣 “I mean… it’s a cold bath. You hate cold baths, don’t you?” 😬🤣 ooh Nuea is not happy with that response. 😬 Nuea is like only one way to make Sun give in and let me bathe with him. 🤣 And it obviously worked 🤣😳👀 “Okay, fine. We can bathe together.” 🤣🤣
And of course sh*t has hit the fan because Sun ignored the rules of how to use that soap correctly. 😬 Please I can’t with the screams, the slap, the realization that they’ve swapped bodies, the fact that temp shows up to be tutored, and them scrambling putting on each others clothes to get down stairs. Comedy at its finest. 🤣 I can’t with Nuea in Sun’s body trying his best to get his clothes on Sun’s body but is only able to get the pants, one boot, and just put the shirt over his neck cause it’s all too small for Sun’s body. 🤣
I am so serious when I say this. Max and Nat really did such a good job with portraying each other’s characters and stepping out of their comfort zone. I am so proud of them.
I’ll go a little more in depth about the little subtle things I’ve noticed that they’ve done when they swapped bodies. More specifically how Max has portrayed Nuea in Sun’s body. Because Nuea doesn’t quite act like the same Nuea we see when he’s in his original body and I have a gut feeling there’s a reason for that. If you notice Nuea in Sun’s body is very uncomfortable, sad, and stressed. But I won’t get into thst just yet.
I can’t with Nuea in Sun’s body answering when temp says hi Nuea. 🤣 Even the way Sun speaking the way he normally does despite being in Nuea’s body. This is so funny. 🤣🤣 Temp knows something is up. 👀 I can’t stop laughing help. Sun in Nuea’s body telling Temp to shut up and Nuea (in Sun’s body) eyes getting huge after he heard him tell Temp to shut up. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I know Temp did not believe even for a second that Sun is sick. 🤣
Okay now I’ll get into why I think Nuea doesn’t act quite the same in Sun’s body/why Max has portrayed Nuea differently. Keep in mind this is just my interpretation and it’s fine if you think differently than me.
⚠️TW : body d*sm*rph*a (if that triggers you please skip past this part and don’t forget to take care of yourself 🫂)
Nuea could be dealing with body d*sm*rph*a when they swap bodies because you can really tell that Nuea is genuinely so upset, uncomfortable, and stressed to be in Sun’s body. Like to the point that even Sun in Nuea’s body notices and gets really worried for Nuea. Nuea is definitely a lot less confident in himself as compared to when he’s in his own body.
But I also have a gut feeling that even Nuea being in his own body that he still struggles with body d*sm*rph*a. Some people are good at hiding it. Some people tend to camouflage it by doing makeup, doing their hair, getting nails done, choosing accessories, and even choosing clothes to wear.
So this is just why I feel like Max has portrayed Nuea a little differently compared to how Nat portrays Nuea. Also just in my opinion the reason Nat doesn’t portray Sun any differently is because Sun obviously doesn’t struggle with body d*sm*rph*a. If you notice Nuea in Sun’s body even has his nails done and he tries his best to dress the way he normally would in his own body. But that doesn’t quite work out because Sun is tall and very muscular. Nuea has had his way of camouflaging his body d*sm*rph*a taken away from him and that’s why we see Nuea be so sad, scared, uncomfortable, crying, and stressed regarding his appearance while in Sun’s body in my opinion.
OKAY!
if you skipped that part because of the TW. I hope you’re doing okay. 🫂 I promise you it’s safe for you to read from this point onward regarding episode 1 unless I talk about it more I’ll add the TW again so whoever wants to skip can skip.
These monologues always have me in tears they’re so good. I hope they keep these monologues going throughout the whole series. 😭 Sun apologizing to Nuea for putting him through something like this. 😭
Okay onto something that’s a bit more lighthearted and funny. Man I really did have a feeling this series would take me on an emotional rollercoaster ride. 😭
I can’t with Toy, Nuea, and Sun freaking out over the fact they’ve swapped bodies. 🤣🤣 oh Sun you really messed up. 😭 Nuea didn’t even know about the soap he got from Third. 😭 “What soap, Sun?” 😬 I’d really hate to be Sun in this very moment. 😖😭 “Third’s soap looked kinda interesting, so I asked to try it.” That is not what happened at all. 🤣🤣 Gosh uncle, you literally asked for trouble.” 🤣 “But… there’s only half of it.” Oh no 😭😭 Third finds the scripture but only has half of it. Sun and Nuea are doomed. 😭 “You guys will switch back when it’s time. Don’t worry.” If I were in their shoes and heard that I would still be worrying. 😭
⚠️TW : body d*sm*rph*a (if that triggers you please skip past this part and don’t forget to take care of yourself 🫂)
See there goes Nuea in Sun’s body saying again “How can we be calm? I don’t want this body! It’s so big, and so are the muscles. I hate it.” 😭
Okay you can continue to read from here if you skipped the TW.
And Sun is blaming himself. My heart breaks for both of them for different reasons. “It’s all my fault. If I didn’t insist on using that soap, we wouldn’t have had to be in such trouble.” 😭
This whole scene is funny too omg. 🤣 Temp really isn’t buying into any of there excuses. Plus they’re acting strange. It’s a dead giveaway that something isn’t quite right. He obviously hasn’t pinpointed what exactly. 🤣😭 Oh the way Sun in Nuea’s body looks at Nuea in Sun’s body and thinks “I’m sorry, Nuea. I promise I’ll do everything I can to get us back to normal.” 😭
Oh Sun 😭 “We even asked for Third’s advice today. He said… our bodies will switch back on their own soon. But I’m still a little worried. We don’t know exactly when it will happen. But even though I’m scared, I’m relieved that at least we’re still together. Thank you for getting through everything together today.” Oh my gosh y’all I’m still in tears even after a few days of the episodes airing and watching both these episodes a few times now. These monologues never fail in making me emotional. 😭😭
⚠️TW : body d*sm*rph*a (if that triggers you please skip past this part and don’t forget to take care of yourself 🫂)
Even here Nuea talks about how he feels and talks more about how he feels appearing as someone who is a big man like Sun. You can feel he is even a bit nervous or anxious. They even cut to him looking in the mirror while in suns body touching his face and covering up his chest looking visibly sad and distressed during his monologue. 😭💔 “This feels weird. Hello. I’m Nuea. Even though this is Sun’s body. It’s weird that… I appear as a big man. When I looked into the mirror, I saw you. I was stunned. But I’m lucky to have Sun by my side. It really made me feel a lot better.”
Oh my gosh y’all. 💔💔💔💔💔😭😭😭😭😭
If you skipped the TW it’s okay to keep reading after this point.
“I know you’ve been feeling guilty for using that soap, but I understand that you used it because you wanted to make me happy and not worry about our problems. I’m not mad at you, Sun. If anything, I want to thank you for trying so hard for me. And I want you to know, too, that is switching bodies… has made me more certain about how I feel. Though our bodies have switched, I still feel… we’re side by side, just like always. In your eyes looking at me, I see the love, the care, just like you’ve always looked at me. It hasn’t changed at all. So, whether it’s tomorrow or whenever, I’m sure we’ll get through this together. We’ll get our bodies back eventually.” “Sun… whatever happens, we’ll go through this together, okay?”
Oh my gosh I’m so emotional. 😭😭😭😭😭
Sun and Nuea have the most pure, beautiful, and deep love for one another despite having current misunderstandings happening within their relationship at the moment.
That whole monologue gave me chills and made me so emotional. 😭😭😭😭
I hope we continue getting these monologues for every episode. 🥹
I’m saying it again. Max did so well portraying Nuea and giving this amazing and incredibly emotional monologue. 😭 I am just so proud of Max. He did so well conveying Nuea’s feelings and making the audience feel those emotions as well. 😭😭😭😭😭 Nat too. I am so proud of him as well. He absolutely did so well portraying Sun and giving the most amazing and heart breaking monologues as well. He also did a good job portraying the way Sun felt and making the audience feel those emotions as well. 🥹💞