Wah. isn't it already so messy? Then we are to expect some tragedy coming? I though GyuRim losing her child at…
The other dramas of hers I saw had this "Love strengthening through death" theme, so I wouldn't count it out. But she might have mellowed, her last one was Chocolate in 2019, and it "only" involved patients in palliative care...
I've seen other dramas from this writer, her tsunderes are always on the extreme side, but she really dialled it up with Gyu Yeong. She's only now starting to show cracks in her façade. I, for one, can't wait for Gyu Yeong to drive Su Nam crazy, that's all the old witch deserves.
I fail to see why Seo Hyeon keeps reacting this way. Whether it was the nonsensical lie or now the truth, sure they might hurt to learn, but neither should have given her cause to want her parents to separate. Worse is how the parents act as though she has the right to demand that of them. Gyu Rim aside, Seok Jung might actually be the best parent on the show...
Another thing this writer looooves is her tragedies. Seeing as quite a few of the characters are on their way to becoming happy(ier), I just know something nasty is loading up, though I can't gauge the direction it's gonna come from just yet.
The most inconsistent part of the plot so far is how every character will reveal their secrets in a timely fashion, but when it's Gyu Rim's turn, it becomes more laborious than pulling teeth. It's like the writer is still figuring out what to do with her, and keeping her storyline within the 8-year gap to buy themselves time.
Man, good on Gyu Rim for standing her ground, usually doesn't happen this early for weekend soaps FLs. Hope it's not temporary, and she really starts living for herself.
My guess with the baby is that her child died, while her friend passed during delivery, and she adopted Gyeol as her own in the midst of all the grief (though that begs the question of whether her friend was a single mother as well, otherwise what happened to the father?). They are, however, stretching plausibility a bit too much, because it's not like her siblings wouldn't have known when Gyu Rim went into labour.
We finally find out how and why Gyu O does his job, and seriously, he should never try to help anyone ever. It always ends up worse for him. I suspect Hui Na will be the one to find out about his past first, or at least I need it to be, their romantic storyline has the most potential, imo.
Su Nam has done it: she has surpassed Yun Hui as the worst person in the cast so far. It would take too long to explore just how wrong what she did was. Instead, I'll just say I need Gyu Yeong to remain insufferable, so that she can drive her future mother-in-law crazy.
Story is picking up since last week, I'm really into it!
Episode 10 feels like a turning point. The plot had been rushing along just fine, but now the emotions have also tagged in. The emotional weight has settled in each storyline, and I felt more invested in every character after watching it. I would consider Seo Hyun and Su Nam the only weak ones, for different reasons.
Like mother, like daughter. Gyu Rim refuses to reveal the identity of Gyeol's father, and her own mother wants to hide the existence of her biological children. Most of the drama on the show traces back to either of these decisions.
The two leads going on to date someone neither of them loves is not really hitting. You had a 8-year time skip to lay the groundwork of deepening affection, but instead chose to show those characters continuously getting rejected. Now, all of a sudden, they flip, and we're supposed to follow?
Unpopular opinion, but Se Ri wasn't entirely wrong. Seong Mi and Dong Ik did not establish a proper doctor-patient arrangement, the counselling was conducted over their personal schedule. In the real world, she would have had to refer him to another therapist. They did not set proper boundaries with the phone calls, and she did discuss her so called patient's situation with her husband, which would require consent from Dong Ik to do, and as far as I recall, that did not happen.
Now, the way Se Ri framed it and how she confronted Seong Mi was on the nasty side, but it's not unfounded. Like, how can you supposedly be helping the husband mend his relationship with his wife, but then, in the preview for episode 38, refer to him as not being a catch, implying the wife is holding on to a loser. Does nobody else see the problem with that?
I don't understand why the ML still likes FL's family more than his own; they're not even kind to him. Maybe at the beginning or when the shenanigans were at their peak, but now? Just feels like he has no spine. Even by my standards, if someone told me what he went through to not even be accepted, I would tell them to wake up and smell the roses, so imagine Se Ri's reaction...
Imo...outside of the ML's stepmom (and indirectly, the dad), the Yang family members aren't really bad.It's just…
That's a great point! She went through medical school and got her license, only to switch careers, but standing up for her boyfriend is where she draws the line? Could you imagine if it were the other way around, and he was introducing his friend they approve of to his family? She'd have broken up with him twice before the VP even crossed the threshold.
The drama is good, but it's just too slanted in favour of the Gongs over the Yangs, and I just... don't feel it? I think what the writers have done, is shift the usual pattern of the perpetual victim FL, and turned it into the perpetual victim FL-family. If it were just that, I guess it would be fine, but with the dynamics of the Gong family that were introduced, it just rings hollow. Instead, it just feels like they're brushing things under the rug, and not addressing them. Meanwhile, the Yang's every action is being magnified under a microscope and being made to be worse than it functionally is. I just want some more balance.
I fail to see why Seo Hyeon keeps reacting this way. Whether it was the nonsensical lie or now the truth, sure they might hurt to learn, but neither should have given her cause to want her parents to separate. Worse is how the parents act as though she has the right to demand that of them. Gyu Rim aside, Seok Jung might actually be the best parent on the show...
Another thing this writer looooves is her tragedies. Seeing as quite a few of the characters are on their way to becoming happy(ier), I just know something nasty is loading up, though I can't gauge the direction it's gonna come from just yet.
My guess with the baby is that her child died, while her friend passed during delivery, and she adopted Gyeol as her own in the midst of all the grief (though that begs the question of whether her friend was a single mother as well, otherwise what happened to the father?). They are, however, stretching plausibility a bit too much, because it's not like her siblings wouldn't have known when Gyu Rim went into labour.
We finally find out how and why Gyu O does his job, and seriously, he should never try to help anyone ever. It always ends up worse for him. I suspect Hui Na will be the one to find out about his past first, or at least I need it to be, their romantic storyline has the most potential, imo.
Su Nam has done it: she has surpassed Yun Hui as the worst person in the cast so far. It would take too long to explore just how wrong what she did was. Instead, I'll just say I need Gyu Yeong to remain insufferable, so that she can drive her future mother-in-law crazy.
Story is picking up since last week, I'm really into it!
The two leads going on to date someone neither of them loves is not really hitting. You had a 8-year time skip to lay the groundwork of deepening affection, but instead chose to show those characters continuously getting rejected. Now, all of a sudden, they flip, and we're supposed to follow?
Now, the way Se Ri framed it and how she confronted Seong Mi was on the nasty side, but it's not unfounded. Like, how can you supposedly be helping the husband mend his relationship with his wife, but then, in the preview for episode 38, refer to him as not being a catch, implying the wife is holding on to a loser. Does nobody else see the problem with that?
If it were just that, I guess it would be fine, but with the dynamics of the Gong family that were introduced, it just rings hollow. Instead, it just feels like they're brushing things under the rug, and not addressing them.
Meanwhile, the Yang's every action is being magnified under a microscope and being made to be worse than it functionally is. I just want some more balance.