News
On Chihayafuru: Full Circle • Sep 1, 2025
Title Chihayafuru: Full Circle
I just did a rewatch of the first 6 episodes on Netflix and really appreciated the story more, particularly because the subtitles are way better than the automated subtitles I found in the episodes I've watched online. I know I am biased since I am a long-time Chihayafuru fan, but this drama is excellent and feels like a love letter to long-time fans like me. I hope they find a way to do more sequels or continue the anime. I am dreading the last episodes since I know that I will be going through withdrawal symptoms.
6 0
On Chihayafuru: Full Circle • Aug 31, 2025
Title Chihayafuru: Full Circle
I had to squeal in delight seeing Chihaya, Arata, and my favorite Taichi. I hope they feature all of them together in future episodes.
7 1
On Chihayafuru: Full Circle • Aug 14, 2025
Title Chihayafuru: Full Circle
I am beyond excited! The original cast has been showing up in the series, and now even Arata will be part of the storyline (https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2025-08-13/mackenyu-reprises-live-action-chihayafuru-role-in-full-circle-sequel/.227622). I have read the manga, watched the anime, and all three movies. I started watching this series, and I am waiting for better subtitles in English.
2 0
On Usotoki Rhetoric • Jul 31, 2025
Title Usotoki Rhetoric
Love this series. I just discovered j-doramas and found them so refreshing because of the writing and interesting plots. The added bonus is that they are short compared to cdramas. I really liked how intimate and tight the plots are. I hope they film another season.
4 0
On The Immortal Ascension • Jul 31, 2025
Title The Immortal Ascension
I am enjoying watching this drama. The pacing is fast and engaging. Yang Yang has never looked better, and the CGI and the setting are gorgeous. I am glad that the story does not involve several women falling for the ML. It reminds me a lot of "The Hunger Games".
1 8
On Our Generation • Jul 27, 2025
Title Our Generation
I've been squealing and smiling nonstop in the last four episodes. I felt like Yingtao in worrying that something bad and unexpected would come between them, and Jiang Qiaoxi would disappear again. I wish this drama had more episodes. This couple is so adorable. I am so glad that I didn't drop this drama despite the "noble idiocy" of JQX for the majority of the first 20 episodes.
10 0
On Chihayafuru: Full Circle • Jul 26, 2025
Title Chihayafuru: Full Circle
I love each of the characters and their passion for Karuta. I would recommend watching the three previous Chihayafuru movies while waiting for episodes to drop. I binged on them last week and remembered why I love Chihaya and the gang so much.
6 1
On Our Generation • Jul 21, 2025
Title Our Generation
The contrast between Yintao's supportive family and Quioxi's toxic one is so glaring. I hope that I was like her parents in supporting her and not constraining her, just as I want to be for my children. Asian tiger moms should watch and beware.
7 0
On A Calm Sea and Beautiful Days with You • Jul 19, 2025
Title A Calm Sea and Beautiful Days with You
I am in episode 4, and I really enjoyed the scene when they were discussing his past. She is so cute getting angry on his behalf. This drama is adorably "kawaii". Such innocence and awkwardness are probably not very realistic, but endearing nonetheless.
6 0
On A Calm Sea and Beautiful Days with You • Jul 19, 2025
Title A Calm Sea and Beautiful Days with You
I agree that this is a perfect palate cleanser in between watching intense dramas. The leads are too cute as they innocently and naively navigate their relationship.
2 0
On Satoh Takeru • Jul 18, 2025
Person Satoh Takeru
He is one of my favorite actors. He has quite a backlist of dramas that I am happy to go through.
2 0
On Chihayafuru: Full Circle • Jul 12, 2025
Title Chihayafuru: Full Circle
I hope Netflix will show the movies as well. I actually wrote a petition to them a while back to request that they show the movies.
1 0
On Chihayafuru: Full Circle • Jul 12, 2025
Title Chihayafuru: Full Circle
This is bringing back all the Chihayafuru feels that I've had for a long time. I'm thrilled to watch this. The manga and anime are still my all-time favorite. I love that they included flashbacks from the previous movies. I wish they could bring back Chihaya and the rest of the gang as guests.
3 0
Replying to Danii2rs • Jul 12, 2025
Title Marry My Husband: Japan
Sorry but this is much better than the Korean version. This one feels more natural and deep. I'm really loving…
I agree- I prefer this to the KDrama version. I really like the ML - he's such a good actor and is well-suited for the role. I love the pacing of the story.
8 0
On Youthful Glory • May 21, 2025
Title Youthful Glory
I binged watched the available episodes. I liked the drama, mainly because the ML is so gorgeous. But his acting is a bit one note, the FL can be a bit annoying and the story and pacing is uneven. I did enjoy the elaborate wedding.
1 2
