This drama strongly reminded me of "My Mister" because of the depth of the dialogue, the stunning cinematography, the character writing, and the dynamics between them despite the age gap. Even the acting is brilliant and grounded in reality. Both dramas share that specific plot element where there’s a secondary, indirect mode of communication or observation outside of their real-life interactions. There's also the theme of affection coming from the younger character, rooted in a lack of emotional security from family and deep solitude, alongside their intense struggles whether IU's character dealing with the loan shark neighbor or, here, with Hyeon-jae.
Honestly, the drama's quality far exceeded my expectations, especially after all those superficial Reels that reduced it to just an 'obsessed student in love with his teacher.' They completely ignored the psychological depth of the characters and how each of them carries a broken piece inside that makes them struggle to accept themselves
What I really liked and found striking is the nature of the relationship between them and how it reflects so much about their personalities and the past they’ve been through, which shaped them into who they are today: people longing for any chance to feel special, worthy of love, and deserving of a better life than the one they lived or are currently living.
Didn't you heard what Tanrak said at the end? Humans can leave without faith, but not without love. As a non-religious…
Please read my previous reply so you can understand my perspective. I am not going to summarize an entire series in a single sentence; rather, I will look it as a whole and form my judgment based on what I understood and felt while watching it.
They literally say humans can live without faith, or hope, but not love. It’s the premise of the Kongdech’s…
I truly value your opinion, but actually that's what I have already clearly said.. "Does their choice anger me or make me feel that I, too, must choose the same path? Certainly not. This series is not for me." Following that, I clarified that my objection is to the choice itself, as it does not actually solve anything; it is just a way for a person to avoid the feeling of losing something authentic in their identity, or the burden of having to choose between their love and the pleasure of their God but this was done without discussing whether religion was truly the reason that gave those hostile toward homosexuality a pretext for their hatred. All the series showed was that society is the cause, as if they don't use religion as a justification for their actions and hatred.
They literally say humans can live without faith, or hope, but not love. It’s the premise of the Kongdech’s…
I care more about what was established throughout the entire series. What was the choice of Barth and Tanrak? To continue believing in a religion that does not recognize them in the first place. Does their choice anger me or make me feel that I, too, must choose the same path? Certainly not. this series is not for me. Trying to convince me that faith in god and homosexuality can coexist is completely unrealistic, especially for someone who has lived in a conservative environment and suffered in a society that does not accept them.
Denial is a river in Egypt,that is all I can say. Like i'm deeply disappointed by the writing and the underlying premise the show persistently pushes throughout its episodes that human beings cannot survive without faith and love. Honestly, this brand of "faith" the one that forces me to deny just how much my God supposedly detests me and rejects my love is nothing more than a sedative. It is a coping mechanism to keep me from pondering the afterlife or bearing the weight of existence, all by clinging to the delusion of a supernatural entity orchestrating my life and helping me bypass my tribulations. But does faith necessarily equate to comfort? In my view, absolutely not especially when I am fully aware that I am merely pacifying myself while, deep down, I possess no genuine belief. If the proposed solution to appease one's conscience is to remain within the confines of a religion, to conform and blend in rather than confronting reality, then fine that may work for those who choose that path. However, this series is clearly not meant for me, nor for those who think like me; for those of us who accept reality as it is, without the need for denial.
I honestly don't even know what to say about this series. The pacing is bizarre,it feels like I'm watching a low quality series of TikTok reels; it gave me such a headache with all the constant plotting. And they pulled the 'faked death' trope not once, but twice! All these random, convoluted plans just pop out of nowhere, all to make sure the leads never actually die.I was incredibly bored throughout, and by the end, I was even skipping the intimate scenes. I felt absolutely zero connection with any of the characters..
The pacing of the series and the sequence of events are terrible in my opinion. The fact that everything happens so quickly without giving the characters enough time to process their emotions bothered me; it made the work feel superficial, and I couldn't connect with their feelings at all. The worst part was their breakup, which was dragged out unnecessarily, and the scene where they got back together was completely underwhelming and lacked any impact. Furthermore, I had no interest in the secondary couple; I skipped their scenes entirely because it felt like there was no real dramatic depth to their storyline. Honestly, the writing is below average.
The production quality, especially the soundtrack and directing, was outstanding. I found myself genuinely impressed by the consistency across all episodes.
In my opinion, this series is near-perfect regarding its episode count and runtime. The direction was genuinely impressive, and the production design clearly reflects a significant amount of effort compared to many other shows in the same genre that receive more hype, despite their Unrealistic poorly executed fight choreography.
The plot was the main factor that hooked me. While the story itself is solid, it was strengthened further by the pacing and the effective use of surprise element. By the end of each episode, I felt very satisfied with the writing and the character dynamics.
I struggle to understand those who call this series boring. While it is a matter of taste, it is unfair to compare this to hour-long dramas, as those naturally have more time to cater to the viewer. Every work deserves a fair assessment on its own terms, without downplaying the substantial effort put into it.
It was an enjoyable experience for me , and I hope Korea continues to produce content of this caliber, or even better within the BL.
Honestly, the drama's quality far exceeded my expectations, especially after all those superficial Reels that reduced it to just an 'obsessed student in love with his teacher.' They completely ignored the psychological depth of the characters and how each of them carries a broken piece inside that makes them struggle to accept themselves
What I really liked and found striking is the nature of the relationship between them and how it reflects so much about their personalities and the past they’ve been through, which shaped them into who they are today: people longing for any chance to feel special, worthy of love, and deserving of a better life than the one they lived or are currently living.
Love is therefore the most important because love is never without him"
Like i'm deeply disappointed by the writing and the underlying premise the show persistently pushes throughout its episodes that human beings cannot survive without faith and love. Honestly, this brand of "faith" the one that forces me to deny just how much my God supposedly detests me and rejects my love is nothing more than a sedative. It is a coping mechanism to keep me from pondering the afterlife or bearing the weight of existence, all by clinging to the delusion of a supernatural entity orchestrating my life and helping me bypass my tribulations.
But does faith necessarily equate to comfort? In my view, absolutely not especially when I am fully aware that I am merely pacifying myself while, deep down, I possess no genuine belief.
If the proposed solution to appease one's conscience is to remain within the confines of a religion, to conform and blend in rather than confronting reality, then fine that may work for those who choose that path. However, this series is clearly not meant for me, nor for those who think like me; for those of us who accept reality as it is, without the need for denial.
Furthermore, I had no interest in the secondary couple; I skipped their scenes entirely because it felt like there was no real dramatic depth to their storyline. Honestly, the writing is below average.
The plot was the main factor that hooked me. While the story itself is solid, it was strengthened further by the pacing and the effective use of surprise element. By the end of each episode, I felt very satisfied with the writing and the character dynamics.
I struggle to understand those who call this series boring. While it is a matter of taste, it is unfair to compare this to hour-long dramas, as those naturally have more time to cater to the viewer. Every work deserves a fair assessment on its own terms, without downplaying the substantial effort put into it.
It was an enjoyable experience for me , and I hope Korea continues to produce content of this caliber, or even better within the BL.