Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 18 days ago
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 1 LV1
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: July 3, 2022
  • Awards Received: Finger Heart Award85 Flower Award261 Coin Gift Award19 Reply Goblin Award6 Dumpster Fire Award4 Lore Scrolls Award3 Cleansing Tomato Award1 Drama Bestie Award7 Comment of Comfort Award7 Conspiracy Theorist1 Gaslight, Gatekeep, Girlboss5 Clap Clap Clap Award15 Drama Therapist Award1 Wholesome Troll3 Emotional Support Viewer1 Sassy Tomato2 Thread Historian1 Boba Brainstormer2 Notification Ninja1 Mic Drop Darling3 Emotional Bandage3 Reply Hugger20 Soulmate Screamer18 Big Brain Award6
Completed
Azure Spring
10 people found this review helpful
by Meowchi Finger Heart Award1 Flower Award1
May 27, 2026
6 of 6 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 7.0
Music 7.0
Rewatch Value 7.0

Eternal Spring that stays for a short time but leaves a lifelong impact.

It was a drama that that gently unfolded the delicate human emotions with its tender, soothing approach to hope, struggles, and beauty of living.

From the very first episode, the FL's character was really bothering me. Her rude behaviour and know it all outlook felt very unfitting and random. But I'm a sucker for good cinematography so I stayed for that, and trust me, it didn't disappoint.

Deok Hyeon, is a young diver fighting with the weight of dark his past and the uncertainty of his future. His quiet strength and vulnerable past made him instantly relatable, correlating with the universal struggle of finding one’s place in a world that often feels very overwhelming to speak out. On the other hand, Anna is quite spicy, radiant spirited girl. Her determination towards her swimming career showed how resilient she was. Her journey through her personal hardships and healing was portrayed so realistically that it will resonate deeply with anyone who has faced life’s unpredictable storms.

Most importantly, the cinematography was breathtaking! Each and every scene was meticulously shot capturing the serene beauty of nature, the unpredictable, calm nature of the turquoise sea and the subtle nuances of everyday life. The soft colour grading, the gentle waves of the sea, and the tranquil azure skies created a visual poetry that I LOVED very much!
Also them bonding over food was the best thing ever. They opened up gently and gradually. Sometimes it felt like the series brought the viewers into a world where every frame is like a dreamy painting, every note of music a soothing balm, and every character’s journey a heartfelt story of resilience and hope.

Now the dislikes, that fake cat was straight up bad. Couldn't they find a cutie catto on the island that they had to put a slow CGI cat. And sometimes the scenes were quite random that they didn't really made sense. Otherwise, it's forgivable for a 6 episode drama.

Overall , this was a short soothing drama that offered more than just entertainment—it provided a calm experience that touched my heart. If you're looking for a heartfelt story that celebrates the resilience of the human spirit amidst life’s challenges with beautiful cinematography then it is for you.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Lovely Runner
52 people found this review helpful
by Meowchi Flower Award1
Jun 6, 2024
16 of 16 episodes seen
Completed 5
Overall 7.0
Story 7.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 10
Rewatch Value 5.0

Heart fluttering rom-com quickly moved downhill with another murder mystery *tsk tsk*

Finally, FINALLY I finished Lovely Runner.
Phew! That was a damn loooong ride. It should have ended with min 8ep max 12eps. But no, they exaggerated it untillll they couldn't. (⁠─⁠.⁠─⁠|⁠|⁠)

Plot:
# It was good, funny, cute, lovely until the murder mystery emerged out of nowhere. I properly watched until ep 12, after that I skipped a lot and watched only the important scenes.
# Lovey-dovey sweet scenes felt really monotonous and full of cringe.
# The amount of tears FL cried, she completed her quota of crying for a year.
# The number of times she said "Sun jae-ya⁸⁹; Oh Sun jae-ya.⁹⁹" is unhealthy.

Acting: 8/10, -1 for Im sol's occasional overacting, and -1 for dumb killer. (⁠٥⁠↼⁠_⁠↼⁠)

OST: 100/10! The best OST of the year goes to Lovely Runner. Woo seok's voice was really soothing and on top of that 10cm, ah, no words for him, just brilliant! (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠♡

Re-watch:
Idk if I can. I mean idk if I can watch the thrill part, all the crying and bullshit melodramatic scenes all over again. But yes I do have my favourite parts that I will be replaying a few more times (⁠.⁠ ⁠❛⁠ ⁠ᴗ⁠ ⁠❛⁠.⁠)

Opinion about the characters:
Im sol: Girl! you can't change someone's entire life even if you change it thousand times. Learn your lesson, don't fuss, don't be oversmart and just move forward ┗⁠(⁠•⁠ˇ⁠_⁠ˇ⁠•⁠)⁠―⁠→

Tae-sung: Idk if you know this, this character only existed in the drama version cuz in webtoon there's no Tae-sung. But man he stole my heart with his charming appearance. He's a best buddy you can have in your life. But one thing I would say is stop obsessing over other people's girlfriend, especially if she's your ex. (⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)

Sun-jae: Ah...the heartthrob. His dimple. I'll stop here. But man was he stupid? No, he was extra stupid! He was straight up obsessed with Sol. Why would you remember a girl you met 15 yrs ago, who didn't even bat her eyes at you and keep messing up your head thinking about her?! (⁠ノ⁠ಠ⁠益⁠ಠ⁠)⁠ノ

The killer: Dude, ahjussi find a better job in next life, it ain't worth it. What a crackhead dumb killer, do your research first, watch some crime documentaries and then think about doing something new ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ ͠⁠°⁠ ͟⁠ʖ⁠ ⁠°͠⁠ ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

My Rating: 7/10 (5 for overall, 0.5 for OST and 0.5+0.5+0.5 for Tae-sung, Sun-Jae and Im-sol's dimples) ♡⁠(⁠Ӧ⁠v⁠Ӧ⁠。⁠)

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
The Early Spring
34 people found this review helpful
by Meowchi Finger Heart Award1 Reply Hugger1
Sep 9, 2026
24 of 24 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 9.5
Music 9.0
Rewatch Value 9.5

Through the veil of Early Spring:A tale of growth & grace with the deadly dance of ambition of heart

"The Early Spring" is that kind of drama which I didn't have any idea about and never planned to start as I got sick of romance dramas because they got monotonous. To end my months long slump I decided to give it a go because I had a soft spot for Jing Boran. But I was utterly surprised to find it super addicting.

This series was a beautifully crafted modern romance workplace drama that delicately captured the raw emotions of youth, ambition, and the bittersweet journey of self-discovery. This series invited viewers into the world of Shang Zhitao and Luan Nian, two souls whose lives intertwined amidst the bustling corridors of a top global advertising agency, Lime (not lime but li-me lol)

>Characters:
•From the very first episode, Shang Zhitao’s character resonated with me deeply. As a fresh graduate stepping into the intimidating world of corporate life, Zhitao embodied the vulnerability and fierce determination of anyone chasing their dreams against all odds. Her journey was not just about professional growth but also about finding her own voice in a world that often demanded conformity. The struggles she faced from the harsh words of her boss to the internal battles of self-doubt were portrayed with such authenticity that it’s impossible not to root for her.

•Luan Nian, aka Luke, Zhitao’s boss, was a complex figure as he was blunt, demanding, yet quietly protective. His initial coldness masked a deep care and a personal history that slowly unfolded, revealing layers of pain and resilience. The chemistry between Jing Boran’s Luan Nian and Sun Qian’s Shang Zhitao was electric yet tender, capturing the nuanced dance of respect, frustration, and growing affection. Their interactions were filled with unspoken emotions, subtle glances, immense chemistry and moments of vulnerability that spoke louder than words.

•The supporting cast added depth and warmth, each character contributing to the rich tapestry of the story. Lumi, Sun Yuanzhu and Sun Yu were the best thing that happened to Shang Zhitao. Their friendship was everything! In the cold, competitive, ruthless corporate jungle, she found the gems we couldn't. Their own storylines were sensitive and evocative which allowed the emotions to breathe and the story to unfold naturally.

>Acting:
I can't explain enough how much they made me all giddy and excited one moment, and on the other day, I was crying my heart out as if I were Shang Zhitao, Luan Nian, Sun Yuanzhu, and Sun Yu exchanging each other's deep emotions and feelings. Their acting was very natural and organic, as if they were real people with real flaws, problems and boring mundane lives. The success of this drama doesn't depend on the characters or their storylines, it purely succeeds by the actor's way of understanding and then portraying according to the situation and, hell yeah, they aced it!

>Cinematography and artistry:
The cinematography captured the freshness of spring with soft, luminous visuals that mirror the characters’ inner transformations. To be honest, this series was the peak visual experience of feeling warmth and comfort through the lens of the director. Like they wanted the audience to live the drama as if it was a vivid dream; the type of dream which often occurs right before waking up, when you realise you are dreaming while the dream is still ongoing, and you don't want to wake up from that beautiful dream and just keep reliving it over and over again. It was that kind of drama.

•I loved the silently obvious metaphors of this drama.

>Luan Nian functioned as the "thawing ice". He was pragmatic, emotionally aloof, and hyper-critical. His emotional defrosting was slow, painful, and messy, mimicking the uneven transition of seasons.

>Shang Zhitao was introduced as a raw "Beijing drifter." Her English name, Flora, directly correlates to a flower or tulip bulb that has endured a dormant, freezing winter but slowly broken through the frozen topsoil through sheer endurance. Her trajectory was not a sudden fairy-tale bloom, but a grueling, gradual growth under intense corporate pressure. Also when Luan Nian said she's like a "foxtail flower" which primarily symbolizes endurance, strength, aspiration, and resilience in the language of flowers.

>The typewriter "L" correlates "Luke" to "Love" with the quote "You don't have to be perfect to be worthy of love."

>That broken window in Sun Yuanzhu's bedroom silently said a lot about his life and himself.

>And last but not the least, that fish tank. We saw the lonely white koi mirroring Luke's cold, closed-off personality before Shang Zhitao entered his life and introduced a more colourful mate.

>Music:
I think I found my OST of the year; it's "Her" by Li Yuning and "You should know" by Li Changgeng. Especially the voice of Li Yuning, the lyrics and the pain he conveyed was breathtakingly beautiful to experience. I don't know how many times I have listened to it and don't know how many more times I will keep playing it in a loop. I'm in love~

What made this drama truly special was its ability to weave professions and personalities seamlessly. The workplace was not just the backdrop but a living, breathing entity that shaped and challenged the characters, especially Shang Zhitao. Everyone's character improved by the end of this drama but it was Luan Nian who had 360° character development. After meeting Shang Zhitao, even though sometimes it was late but he took every initiative to unlearn everything because of her. Both of them helped to become a better person in life. The drama explored themes of ambition, sacrifice, and the courage to stand firm in one’s beliefs. It also beautifully portrayed the early spring of life— that fragile, hopeful time when everything feels possible yet uncertain if you look deeper. Personally, this drama was an unexpected cdrama experience for me. I never imagined that a drama could engulf me like this. I surely saw its flaws, criticised the characters, rolled my eyes at their dumb decisions— still, I came back to it every day without any fail. It was like a forbidden drug to me. I knew it was bad and still couldn't stop loving it. This drama was an unworldly experience for me.

In the end, "The Early Spring" was more than just a romance or workplace drama. It felt like a heartfelt ode to resilience, growth, and the quiet strength found in embracing one’s true self. Watching Shang Zhitao and Luan Nian navigating their fears, hopes, and desires was a moving experience that lingers long after the final scene. For anyone who had ever faced the daunting leap into adulthood, the pain of unspoken feelings, or the challenges of chasing a dream, this drama offered a poignant reminder: just like early spring, life’s most beautiful moments often come after the coldest winters.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
A Balloon's Landing
12 people found this review helpful
Nov 9, 2024
Completed 1
Overall 8.5
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 8.0

It build me up so high, then pushed me from the cliff...

...but laid an air bag with attached precautionary parachute for safe landing.

A movie with unanswered questions has always seemed fascinating to me. You watch and then wonder how, whys and when for countless hours. It surely is confusing but I loved its vagueness. This film is like that.

I do believe this is not bromance, not BL as well but it does left a hint of unrequited love for you to discover. I would say don't try to categorise, just watch it for beautiful aesthetic cinematography and soothing music.

I enjoyed it more than I thought.
Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Hello, Love, Again
4 people found this review helpful
Feb 26, 2025
Completed 0
Overall 7.0
Story 6.5
Acting/Cast 8.5
Music 8.5
Rewatch Value 1.0
This review may contain spoilers

You are my home, but what if that home is full of regrets?

As the movie title suggests, it is a simple second chance romance storyline with full of crying, shouting and regrets.

I loved LOVED the prequel movie "Hello Love, Goodbye!" and been eagerly waiting for this to release. But after watching it, the excitement, it's gone. Completely gone. It's not like I didn't know what will happen but there are certain things that were overlooked for the sake of "love" even if that love questions you "will it last this time?"

One thing that I'm not quite happy with is Ethan cheating on Joy. I know he was not sober, not in his right mind, completely lost, mourning but still, still I can not help but wonder, can you rebuilt trust once it's broken? It takes time. I was totally happy with the previous ending, I was ready to accept sad ending but this happy ending disappointed me.

All above thess, my love for Kathryn Bernardo is infinite and irreplaceable. She singlehandedly carried the whole movie. Her expressions, crying, antics are to die for! God, what an amazing actress she is ><

Overall, whoever watches the first part and dying to know what will happen and sucker for happy endings, then please go ahead and watch it. It's still a pretty movie with foreign setting and beautiful scenery.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
When It Rains, It Pours
4 people found this review helpful
Feb 23, 2025
7 of 7 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.5
Story 8.5
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 9.0

With you, when it rains it pours love!

This is a story of two emotionally and sexually frustrated guys finding their way out of their toxic relationships and finding peace within each other.

From the beginning, not only the MLs but also the audience got frustrated by their partners. It was hard to see people getting denied the love they were craving. Viewers speculated infidelity was finding its way to rise, and immediately got alerted to how wrong it would be. But to our surprise, most of the viewers collectively agreed on things that were once hard to accept. Unnoticeably, the line between infidelity and choosing one's happiness faded in front of our eyes.

For me, I quite enjoyed the narratives, the frustration, and the dwelling between right and wrong. I wished it was a bit longer (10 eps) and had shown more aspects and depths of each character. I wanted to see the background stories of each character so that judging them from a viewer's perspective would have been easier. As for acting, each and every actor tried their best and that's why it became an enjoyable show in the end.

Overall, it was a bite-sized bingeable BL that can fit right into a busy hectic schedule which will eventually give you 100% satisfaction visually and emotionally.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Hello, Love, Goodbye
4 people found this review helpful
Dec 18, 2024
Completed 0
Overall 9.0
Story 9.0
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 8.5
Rewatch Value 9.0

A heartfelt journey of love, acceptance and farewell

Hello, Love, Goodbye" is a poignant and emotionally charged, cinematic masterpiece that takes you on an emotional rollercoaster through the complexities of love, dreams, and life's difficult choices. The story revolves around two Filipinos working in Hong Kong, capturing the struggles of overseas workers while highlighting their dreams and aspirations.

The chemistry between the lead characters is palpable, making their journey relatable and heartfelt. Our charismatic leads, who portray their characters with such authenticity and depth that I felt I was right there beside them, experiencing their joys and heartbreaks. Unexpected situations got them closer to part again. They made me question, "if putting myself first called selfish then compromising myself for someone else's wish, wouldn't it be selfish too?" There's a scene where one of the main characters makes a difficult choice, and I felt a lump in my throat.

The cinematography is stunning, showcasing both the vibrant city and the intimate moments shared. In the heart of Hong Kong, where steel towers rise like grave markers, a haunting emptiness lurks beneath vibrant lights. The pulse of the city thrums with ambition, yet whispers of loneliness echo in crowded streets. Each step feels heavy, as dreams collide with concrete walls—an ironic testament to a city that never sleeps, yet seldom feels alive. Viewers appreciate the film's balance of romance and realism, leaving them with a sense of hope and reflection.

Again, I'm in awe of Kathryn Bernardo's acting. Her intricate expressions and realistic portrayal of a struggling domestic worker working in a cold heartless city like Hong Kong, touched my heart. I laughed & cried with her, for a moment I forgot I was watching a movie not a documentary.

Overall, it's a touching narrative that resonates deeply with audiences. It's refreshing, relatable, and beautifully crafted. If you're in the mood for a heartfelt movie night, grab some tissues and prepare for a memorable story that celebrates love and the reality of goodbyes. Highly recommended!

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Project S: Skate Our Souls
4 people found this review helpful
by Meowchi Flower Award1
Jun 4, 2024
8 of 8 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.0
Story 9.0
Acting/Cast 10
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 8.5

“Just being alive is the greatest thing”

This drama is very close to my heart. It's a type of series which has the potential to make you cry like a child. Whenever I saw Boo crying, I cried too. Sometimes I found myself weeping on the scenes of Boo self-harming, uplifting himself with motivational quotes, his blank puffy stares and timid eyes ache my heart.

Simon is everything Boo is not. He's a strong willed, confident, cool skater and popular among people. To Boo, Simon was a ray of hope he's been searching for. It's not that he couldn't get out of it with his own will but Simon's simple carefree gesture of boldness and kindness towards him pushed him out of his comfort zone to lead a better life. In this story Simon did lose something in return for Boo's life. But he knows it was worth it. In life you need something to live for, be it your hobbies, job, pet, garden or a human. When you get depressed you look at that thing/person and tell yourself I can't let this slip easily, I need to continue living because "this" gives me reason/hope to. That's what skating did to Boo. He found his reason to keep living.

Through Boo’s eyes, Simon and Fern, the two embody everything he desperately wants in life. They’re free to skateboard; he’s not allowed to. They’re happy-go-lucky and carefree; he suffers from depression. They come from a loving, warm, and understanding family; he doesn’t seem to feel loved at home. The contrast in their physical appearances with his is a visual way of setting Simon and Fern apart from Boo, who very likely feels they’re from a different world than he is.

Before judging anyone we should know that Depression comes in all sizes and shapes. To some depressed people are easily recognisable with a stoic face, unbothered attitude but some depressed people have hidden themselves behind a polite sunshine smile. If we think we fully understand their concern, worries and pains, we don't. We just like to pretend “it'll all be okay, you'll be fine” but it's way more complicated and deeper than that.

While watching the drama I noticed the unique, very purposeful way of using colours. They are used throughout the drama. S.O.S. used the variety of colours to visually present the protagonist’s inner thoughts and feelings. All of the colours mostly represent his overwhelming feeling, confusion, chaos, and perhaps some anger and resentment deep down.

All of the characters were brilliant! James, Toni & Pat's acting was superb. While re-watching this show I got so submerged into the Boo's character that it took me a while to pull myself back in the present. The actor who plays Boo is extremely talented. He is so convincing as the depressed character Boo. I have yet to encounter an Asian actor that could be so bloody good as James (Boo).

For me it's a 10/10 but past me rated it 9 so I have to respect my previous emotions, that's why I won't re-rate this but it definitely deserves a 10 ⭐

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Sing My Crush
4 people found this review helpful
Aug 6, 2023
8 of 8 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.0
Story 8.5
Acting/Cast 9.5
Music 10
Rewatch Value 7.5

A series that makes you an instant diabetic patient!!!


(Didn't expect that I'll be watching a love story of a Corgi and a Cat lol)

I was hesitant whether to watch it or not, even I almost forgot about this. Thanks to my ever-changing mood that I didn't ignored it and binge watched it in one go. I'm just left with the sweet aftertaste. These two pouty boys are damn cute and well versed actors. Their chemistry was deeper than black hole. They made me believe that they're not acting but is a real couple. I will definitely check out their future projects! 💌

And don't let me start with the OSTs...damn those were beautiful! I'm on my way to download them
♥⁠╣⁠[⁠-⁠_⁠-⁠]⁠╠⁠♥

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Insider
4 people found this review helpful
Jul 30, 2022
16 of 16 episodes seen
Completed 2
Overall 10
Story 10
Acting/Cast 10
Music 10
Rewatch Value 10

METICULOUSLY KNITTED THRILLER PLOT WHICH WILL UNFOLD MYSTERIES LEISURELY!

WOW!!! Just WOW!!!
First started this drama cuz I was bored af and at the same time I didn't want to start another courtroom drama, cuz thay makes me go insane. Inspite of that I believed in Kang Haneul's supremacy and stayed for his magical acting methodology. And now I'm smitten!
From beginning to end there's no time to slack off. Each and every incident made proper sense in a way that will make you suspicious of each and every character. Every episode has that element which will make your heart drop a beat then accelerate it to the top that you'll be left wanting more and more.

What I learnt from this series is that one thing that makes you weak, that has the same energy to make you stronger.

On top of that if you're a person like me who doesn't really know much about card games, you'll grow interest in how gambling and casino works, what are those terminologies means??!!

Brilliant, magnificent drama... But way too underrated!

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
The Dark Romance
6 people found this review helpful
by Meowchi Finger Heart Award1 Flower Award1 Reply Hugger1 Big Brain Award1
May 25, 2026
22 of 22 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.5
Story 10
Acting/Cast 10
Music 9.5
Rewatch Value 8.5

To reclaim yourself, you have to go through being painfully broken once to mend your soul again.

The Dark Romance is a wonderful gripping drama that masterfully blended elements like suspense, romance, and psychological depth. The story revolved around Yan Ling, who finds herself entangled in a turbulent web of love, lies and hatred which gradually help her awaken to harsh truths and fight to reclaim her life. For me, the drama stands out for its realistic portrayal of dark romance, avoiding nonsense clichés and delivering a well-balanced, nuanced narrative.

Before watching this story, you need to know nothing about it. The less you know, the more curious you'll become about each episode; because as much as it is traumatising to witness the cases, it's even more nauseating to watch characters going through their traumatic past experiences with painful details. But it is harder to put it down once you start. The thrill, suspense and dramatic portrayal of nerve-wracking, tense moments will keep you on your toes.

On the above, this storyline is criminally simple. For people like you and me would cry for days, then forget and move on in life with our soft sore heart. But our FL is different. She is financially independent, self-sufficient and mentally strong, but at the same time, she is empathetic towards each and every other human being. Things resonated with her on a deeper level because, unlike others, she could feel them, in her soul. Yan Ling’s journey was particularly compelling!!! Our male lead, Wu Kang Ren, delivered a next-level performance which added layers to the suspense and emotional intensity. In one word, "brilliant performance"!

All the characters are brilliantly portrayed. Their micro expressions and slow camera work created a gripping atmosphere that made me all jittery. One thing that one needs to understand is that all the characters are multidimensional. You can't predict how they'll all react because when you do, another layer of the character resurfaces and will leave you completely baffled. And the suspenseful music selection was just "chef's kiss" as it fitted very nicely and made it hauntingly memorable, adding to the overall immersive experience.

It wasn't without flaws. Few things felt out of the line, not explained well or resolved too quickly to give it the properness the audience deserved. But I am very speechless with the outcome that I can easily overlook it for the sake of the hell of a tense ride it let me go through. For the sake of the actors brilliant performance, it's all forgiven.

Overall, this drama is not for fluff lovers as it is intense and emotionally heavy, which might not appeal to those who are looking for a light-hearted romance. It is for those who would appreciate intricate plots and complex characters. Because it's a dark, suspenseful romance with psychological depth, it will make you question your every move. This is one of the most gruesome and mentally suffocating things I've ever watched. And honestly, I'm glad I watched it. Loved every moment of this traumatising hell.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Our Youth
6 people found this review helpful
by Meowchi Flower Award1
Jan 14, 2025
10 of 10 episodes seen
Completed 2
Overall 9.0
Story 9.0
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 9.0
Rewatch Value 9.0

Your sea and my sea, must be connected somewhere. Even now, I still believe that.

The drama adaptation of the webtoon "Our Youth" by Hi Noon, is a deeply emotional and captivating series that beautifully captures the essence of coming of age love story and self-discovery amidst of chaos.

The story revolves around Jin, a model student with a bright future ahead, and Haruki, a troubled child. As their paths intertwine, they navigate the complex situations, ups and downs of life and their swiftly changing feelings for each other while facing societal pressures and personal insecurities along the way.

The drama excels in portraying the raw emotions and struggles of the characters as adolescents. Jin's journey from a focused, ambitious model student to someone who begins to understand the importance of love and personal happiness is both heart-wrenching and uplifting. On the other hand Haruki, with his own set of vulnerabilities, adds depth to the emotional narrative which makes their relationship feel real and relatable in same way but in different levels.

The emotional elements of the drama are handled with utmost care, ensuring that audiences are deeply invested in the characters' journey from beginning to till the end. Haruki's moments of happiness, heartbreak, and everything in between are rendered with such sensitivity that it's impossible not to get emotionally involved with the him. Jin's warm embrace and belonging made him want to live better. The audience can't help but sympathize for him.

Must admit, the production quality is top-notch, from mesmerizing cinematography to beautiful OST that enhances the narrative by creating a dream like aura. Especially the soundtracks perfectly complemented the mood, adding an extra layer of emotion.

In conclusion, it is a heart wrenching and poignant adaptation of "Our Youth" whuch stayed true to its original webtoon. It's a must-watch for anyone who appreciates heartfelt stories about love, growth, and the beauty of imperfect chaotic youth. I truly believe that the struggles and triumphs of the characters will surely leave a long lasting impression on the heart of the audience. Highly recommend.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Love Is a Poison
6 people found this review helpful
Dec 16, 2024
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 8.0

You're that succulent of my life who has soaked up my dry spell!

This drama is a perfect blend of fluff and comedy with a dash of thrill and suspense. Earlier I was complaining about how BLs were lacking in grabbing the attention of the audience with shallow storylines, but after watching this, I am utterly pleased to inform you that it lived up to my expectations wonderfully. 
 
As an introvert, the words I say are lesser than the conversation I have in mind. So Ryoma's inner monologues were very interesting to me, as he finds it hard to express his feelings. There comes Haruto, who has lightened up Ryoma's world while keeping his own darkness inside. It was painful to see Haruto suffering from nightmares and his heartbreaking past. The way they embraced each other throughout their ups and downs warmed my heart. This beautiful partnership has transcended all the hardships.
 
If you come to the comedy part, you'll see whenever Ryoma starts dreaming of becoming the protector of law, suddenly the music changes to something serious and pensive, but when he stops daydreaming, suddenly the atmosphere gets filled with squeaky sounds of his succulents talking—the transition is too funny!
 
Overall it's a fun drama filled with emotions and entertainment combined with some serious situations.  No cringe, neither overly sexualized nor overly cutesy, but just the right amount of everything bound together to give you an exciting plot to look out for.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
My Sweet Mobster
6 people found this review helpful
Aug 1, 2024
16 of 16 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.5
Story 9.0
Acting/Cast 10
Music 9.0
Rewatch Value 10

Never knew a mobster could be this soft-spoken and cute!

I came to know about this drama a few weeks before it aired, and the vibrant poster did attract me to click on the drama page, and after seeing the tags gangster and romance, I went feral!

This is literally a simple romantic story between a gangster and a kid creator who met in unusual circumstances at the right time but developed feelings for each other with a twist of fate.

If you are wondering why you would watch something this cliché, I know it is, but what makes it different is:

✓ Our gangster, ML! He's a pookie gangster. He has a low, raspy, sweet voice to soothe your senses. In the world of rom-coms, he's a hidden gem. His comedic timing, facial expressions, and body language are swoon-worthy!

✓ OMG, our mini-eonni, the FL, is such a sweet heart! Her natural beauty and acting are spontaneous, versatile, and full of warmth. The interaction between the two just gave me giggling moments.

✓ The storyline and setting are full of laughter and fun, which made me feel refreshed and energized. This is something I missed from the recent rom-com dramas.

✓ The chemistry between the leads is just awesome! They were co-stars in the drama Save Me 2, and you can literally see on-screen and off-screen how comfortable they're with each other. Their chemistry is just natural.

✓ In recent dramas, the visual romance is focused on the physical part, showing how intimate couples can be and showing skinship 24/7, but we forgot that without those, romance can bloom. I'm not an anti, but sometimes too much intimacy can be overwhelming and can be mistaken for lust. But here they took things a bit slower and concentrated on the comedy part more. Romance is all over the drama but shown in a very subtle and gentle manner, almost like worshipping "love.".

✓No annoying side characters, no unnecessary murder mystery, only pure entertainment.

✓ The Quad-Squad's comedy is extremely enjoyable. Sometimes their actions made me cringe, but they also made me laugh hysterically!

Is this too soon to declare it "My Best Watched Rom-com of the Year"? It was a refreshing summer rom-com, which I enjoyed very much, and discovering Uhm Tae Goo was the biggest treasure! Not gonna lie, I'm going to miss this show very much.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Leap Day
5 people found this review helpful
Jun 24, 2025
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.5
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 6.0

Day & Night must meet. When they do, they can't be separated!

It follows the story of two people who were born on February 29th, i.e. Leap Day, which binds them together with a curse that leaves them alone in the world. Every four years, they are terrorized to lose anyone they love. They must work together to protect their loved ones at any cost.

With this unique premise, GMMTV aimed to give the audience an opportunity to think outside the box. When I watched the trailer for the first time, I didn't understand the concept, so I was not bothered or interested in watching until that very day when they released the first episode. I was shocked and surprised to see how intriguing the plot was. As we proceeded with the storyline, new characters were introduced and things got more and more complicated. As complications arose, the flaws resurfaced, which really couldn't be unseen. The romance part was subtle, it didn't take much time, but in my opinion, it could have been avoided.

Irrespective of all the flaws, once again Gun delivered his best and the audience couldn't help but love him. His acting was the best among all the artists. His chemistry with Pond was amazing! They were funny, cheeky and their endearing solidarity won the heart of the audience. Personally, I discovered Pond and Dew's intense acting skills through this.

Overall, it's GMMTV's one of the best non-bl dramas which tries its best to establish a storyline with a flawed approach. I still believe it's worth watching.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?