Editorials
Regardless of gender, all the feelings are differently same to be this relatable.
As I said, I did. I devoured all the episodes at once. I'm not a binge watcher, but for this one I had to, because now I know if I started it while it was airing, I would have gone insane by waiting.Before starting, I was and am still against dating shows because barely any couple stays the same after the shows; it's just for fame. But there's something unique about this one. I can't explain anything without spoiling the show, so I better stop here.
I couldn't skip any scene because each and every pause, gaze, and movement were speaking when everyone was silent. The cast had me giggling like a fool, but they also made me feel super frustrated at times. At the end, I found myself in a puddle of my own tears. I warned myself not to get too attached, but unfortunately, I did. I can't stop thinking, What are they doing now?
So if you are still contemplating whether to start this one or not, I would say if you trust me and my words, you should definitely give it a try.
Dark,twisted, edgy and toxic blue romance.
When you start this movie you feel like you're in a haze, everything is blurry and confusing. But once it unfolds, it leaves a lot of questions unanswered. Truckload of emotions hit you when you're unprepared.Two lonely people try to find love when both of them have the same kind of psychological trauma. Their instant attraction turned into love and that love opened the door to freedom and escape from their traumatic past. That love made them say “I'll even go to hell as long as you're by my side”.
Beautiful cinematography, sad ill-defined plot and the chemistry between the actors is to die for. The symbolism of water/ocean throughout the movie made it prominent that their meeting and parting is related to it. The relationship between the recorded voicemails and past were tied so skillfully that you cannot assume the link between them.
Koizora, Sachiiro no one room, Drowning love and No call no life have different storylines but same genre same vibe. All of them are complex yet simple love stories of two young people.
I think I am more inclined towards those films that left a bitter aftertaste. They linger in your head for a while and make you ponder deeper which makes it more memorable. Definitely will watch it again to uncover the mystery.
Did I forget to love myself while self respecting?
It all comes down to “who I am, what I want to be”. Before loving anyone you need to love yourself first with all your flaws.Soundtrack franchise never fails to play with heartstrings. It's a realistic story of a dreamy couple who are only novice when it comes to love. They broken up several times to be in love again and again.
People can be frustrated with Hyeonsu’s character as I was but you have to understand that not everyone has the same mindset as ours. She's independent, strong willed person with lots of inferiority complex who doesn't know how to lean on someone's shoulder. She'll exhaust herself to death but won't ask for help. She doesn't like being indebted to anyone even a small act of kindness can make her uncomfortable cause she constantly need to do something in return of something. These type of people can be seen as complicated and extremely arrogant but I know myself that it's hard to trust anyone other than yourself. Carrying all the burdens with yourself can be tiring sometimes, until you realise that your happiness lies in the moment, if you lose the perfect timing it might not come back again.
Suho is such a good soul. When he loves, he loves with his whole heart. He only wanted to be the supporting wall of Hyeonsu, which she never leaned on. He tried his best to make her happy but when she was never happy with herself, then it's a losing game for him.
Breaking up this relationship worked as a mirror to them. The reflected on their mistakes and learned to be kind and supportive to eachother. And most importantly they learned to let go to live freely in order find peace within themselves.
Yes I might watch this series all over again just to remind myself to take life easy.
Romance, Fluff and thrill done right! ✨
After rejecting a lot of BLs I was torn between whether to watch another teenage lovestory or just pass, cause I was not mentally ready for another "brainless fluff". But people kept recommending me this. So one fine day, which was yesterday, I saw a ray of leisure time for myself and I decided to check this out FINALLY!As I was quite hesitant to watch I kinda felt lost at first. Everything was happening and I kept feeling clueless like Yeo-woon. Gradually the story hold its grip tight and pulled me in like a suction cup. Without knowing I was emerged in the story and emotionally attached to the characters.
Myung Ha is that drive of force which lets you accomplish any impossible action. And Yeo Woon is the result of that action. The conditions/situations between these two are same but one is simply clueless and other is brainstorming his life away for the sake of happiness.
"What's crucial to a happy life?"
The gaming interface creates a thrilling aura all over the storyline and is kept till the end of story which was really suspenseful! With the help of Romance, suspense, trauma and fluff this story created its own standard. If I say it was flawless then I would be lying. Last 3-4 episodes were quite different from my expectations and the plot suddenly escalated quickly towards the thrill part. But it turned out pretty good I must admit. Overall I would definitely recommend.
My rating: 8.5/10 ☘️
Sensible honest love has problem too?
I'm going to give my honest thoughts about this series. There are things that I didn't like and something I really loved.The first thing I didn't liked about the series is the ML is very much objectified okay that's the biggest issue of the series but on the other hand it's true that not only women, but men are also victims of sexual harassment. It's very brave of GMMTV to show this side of the entertainment industry.
The other thing that I didn't like was the FLs overprotective grandfather. It's understandable that Pam's grandparents really love her, but her grandfather is overly overly protective towards Pam and that's really annoying.
Pam's mother is weirdly unbothered about her 1st child and is an epitome of an irresponsible mother. I know that's how the character really is, and this is a proof that mother like her really do exist.
But the chemistry between the ML and FL is very very good, Namtan has polished acting skills and Luke's acting skills developed over time.
Regardless of the flaws something about this series makes me wanna wait for an entire week. It's interesting and I love it.
Your soul touched me with your eyes!
⚠️Disclaimer: I'm a romcom, slow burn junkie. Not every single romcom works for me because it takes certain mood, actors and storyline to kick that serotonin and dopamine to flow, surely it checked every single one of those. So keep that in mind, my opinion, rating, and this review is subjective.Romantics Anonymous is that kind of drama which can sweeten up your life just by looking at the process of making luxuriously crafted chocolates.
✧ Storyline:
When Sosuke, a germophobe whose fear stems from a traumatic past, meets Lee Ha Na, a gifted chocolatier who conceals her identity because of her own fears of social interactions, they both realize there's something in each other that can make themselves at ease in each other's presence. As someone who suffers from mild conditions of both of the leads, I could totally feel how they felt. Even though the storyline revolved around the store Le Sauveur, the way they blended the background story of each skillfully crafted chocolate with dedicated attention, it was a wonderful experience in itself.
✧ Acting:
I'm a fan of both the actors, Han Hyo Joo and Oguri Shun. As usual, their on-screen chemistry was absolutely amazing. Their interactions were effortlessly chaotic and therapeutic to witness. But I discovered Akanishi Jin here for the first time and his charming aura left a bold impression on my heart. The side characters were equally well crafted, they reflected their own brand in their acting.
✧ Cinematography:
I'm a big fan of aesthetic cinematography. Stunning visuals of vast scenery, warm colouring, and the cinematography are no joke. This drama will give you a movie-like feeling right from the beginning. This created the whole atmosphere very relaxed, inviting and intimate. Loved it!
I don't know how to criticize this 8 episode drama; even though it is a remake, Japan took the food drama to another level. The visual impression of those high-end beautifully crafted chocolates got me drooling. It was heartwarming to know that every chocolate doesn't only contain the sweetness and flavorings but also bears the most important memories of our lives, which brings us joy in our darkest moments. Surely it wasn't without flaws but it was a lovely, sweet and enjoyable ride that didn't disappoint me till the end, so those flaws were really ignorable to me.
Overall, if you are looking for something sweet that will fill the cracks of your broken heart, then this lovely heartwarming drama wishes you to make sure you feel cozy and happy.
My heart, that only sings for you <3
In the era of sliding into DMs we got our "0620317745" couple!Thame-po, it's not just a drama, it's a story of finding harmony in friendship, love and dream. A series, that will not only make your heart skips a beat, but also will give you butterflies >.<
From the trailer to the series, I was excited to see something different, something unexpected from the generic GMMTV content. Believe me, I got exactly what I wanted! It's not a new concept where you will discover new ideas but it's more like creating a standard in this idol drama genre.
—:The things I liked:—
>I'm a sucker for good friendship storylines and they delivered everything regarding that. The characters weren't perfect but they showed how to maintain friendship while being kind to oneself. Sometimes I was jealous that I didn't experience friendships like that.
>Thame & Po, William and Est's sizzling chemistry is to die for! It's not forced but very natural. Their understanding of each other and making each other's flaws into strength is what made me sit through the whole series.
>Mars songs were soo good. The OSTs were bomb! Loved it!
>This series was dreamy and realistic at the same time. When you think "oh it's so dreamy" then suddenly they slap you with harsh realities of being an idol. They balanced both of them beautifully.
>The production was high quality and top notch! They made sure audience doesn't complain about this drama being plain. From camera angles, cinematography, colouring, makeup to clothing, EVERYTHING was top quality! That indeed made the whole watching experience aesthetically pleasing to eyes.
>And lastly, Thame-po shows the audience how painfully single they're! Their portrayal of love and affection was subtle but loud. In the era of succeeding a drama with great NC scenes, they proved heart fluttering romance is what audience feeds on. They swoon over single hand holding, catching glances, and remembering phone numbers! When taking care is love language, you don't have to worry, you'll be grinning a 12 yrs old teenager in love!
—:The things I didn't like:—
>There are not many things but only one, that is this thing is preplanned "YOU'RE BOUND TO LIKE EVERYTHING". From actors, idols,
Pemika (the CEO) to songs, EVERYTHING! Because it's part of the their business plan. They want to promote LYKN, the same idol group in the drama, MARS. They made audience like everyone. There were no bad gys but only good vibes, so that audience can relate with the on and off screen characters and which will eventually generate them big chunks of money in upcoming future. And they succeeded! Fans loved everything.
Then you might wonder, "what's the problem with that? This whole industry is for generating money." I agree, but it's just too perfect, and I like my dramas flawed with mistakes, morally grey characters and betrayals. If you pose perfection in a drama it becomes monotonous, being flawed give it an edge to be unique.
Overall, I must say GMMTV showed if they want to make a good selling series, they can! If you want to watch something warm, fluffy and aesthetically pleasing, this is for you.
It takes a strong person to remain single in a world that can easily find you your wrong match
It's a unique drama that delves into the mind of a single established man who is quirky, fun and unbelievably kind to whom he cares. Here the dialogues are so hilarious and relatable, sometimes brutally honest, that you'd think you're watching a stand-up comedy not a drama. I love these slice of life shows where people are being themselves, just living life between triumphs and struggles, breathing and trying to make life better every day. Even if it's mundane, realistically flawed, it has its own charm.Personally, I find ML's character perfect for a snobbish single person who refuses to accept anything but his own opinion. Even if he's single and aging, he doesn't see that as any flaw, unlike some. He's really contained with himself and his hobbies. As an introvert, I don't see anything wrong with it, just like him. He's apparently rich but prefers eating where he gets a discount but won't think twice before buying his favorite board game at triple his daily expense. He isn't frugal, he's economically aware. Surely he has a sharp mouth but never intended to hurt anyone's feelings. He has his own set of values to guide his path and carve his life into an idealistically independent man who enjoys life fully. He's the most kind-hearted jerk you've met in your whole life.
It's all before Dr. Gu Yeijia and Xiaoman entered his life. Because what happened after that is the storyline of the drama. Yeijia is that catalyst which redefined his way of living and got him thinking about the other's perspectives in contrast with each other. Without spoiling the story, I would say, take it as a tea break, which allows you to slow down and relax your complicated thought process while taking a bite of your favorite piece of cake.
Overall, this drama is nothing special story wise, but it is a special, one-of-a-kind contemporary drama that will leave a good feeling inside you.
A right person at the wrong time is the wrong person.
This film was really fun to watch because it had a perfect blend of real life, romance and comedy. Oh My Girl is a Thai romantic comedy that showed the funny and sweet moments of young love and finding yourself through heartbreaks and its lessons. It is light and easy to watch aa the characters are easy to relate to. It has a good balance of funny and sad moments that kept me interested from start to finish.Storyline:
The story is about the unexpected things that happen when the main characters meet and it is both fun and touching. The story unfolds in a way with funny moments that do not feel forced and sad moments that feel real. The screenplay does a job of mixing romance with everyday life making the characters feel real and relatable. I loved how the characters were shown in a way. The realistic approach of the character won me over. The subtle difference between like and love is very visible in FL, 2ML and ML. Love is supposed to heal, it shouldn't hurt.
Acting:
The actors did a job and the main leads had a nice chemistry on screen. They showed the innocence, awkwardness and excitement of love in a humorous way. The supporting characters added depth and humor to the story making it more interesting without taking from the main story.
Cinematography:
The director did a job with the film's colorful and fun cinematography which went well with the happy tone of the story. The pace of the film is well done, kept me on my toes to see what will happen to the characters. The use of locations and creative camera work made the film look nice making it more fun to watch.
Overall it was a fun film that let me escape into a world of young love and laughter. It is a film for people who like romantic comedies and stories, about growing up and feeling real emotions. The film is lovely because it is simple and shows emotions making it a memorable film.
I'm good alone, but with you, I'm better!
"Every you, every me" is an anthology series where each and every story makes sense in the end because it's not over, until it's over.I dived into the series having no idea what was waiting for me to discover. At first, I was contemplating, thinking that it might not be as interesting as I thought. But soon the stories and the characters completely swept me off my feet and had me swooning like a lovesick cat!
—Storylines:
It consists of 8 episodes, where episodes 1 & 2 had different stories, episodes 3-4, 5-6 and 7-8 had different stories, dedicating two episodes to each story.
The first two stories were light, cute and fluffy. But as we proceeded, the mood changed, it grew darker, involving complex characters, serious conflicts with different plots and its challenges.
One thing that was common in every story was the same faces enacting different characters and while we thought they were standalone stories, they proved us wrong in the last two episodes. The twist completely baffled me, thinking how beautifully this story was written and given life by the talented actors Top and Mick.
—Actors:
This was my first drama with TopMick, and I am truly madly and deeply in love with them! Their chemistry is natural and full of passion. It shows how much they are comfortable with each other. I'm in awe of their ability to portray different characters in one series, from bright & sunny to gloomy & shy individuals, showcasing their talent flawlessly. Initially, I thought the storylines were superficial, so I didn't have to connect to the characters, but episode by episode they grew on me and made me believe they were more than they were showing and, in the end, everything made sense. Now this is confirmed, I'm their fan and will support their future works earnestly.
—What to expect:
Expect nothing. I suggest everyone dive into this blindly. That way, you can enjoy and love the characters as they are without any judgment. There's no cringe, no lagging in acting, only pure underrated talent.
Overall, if you are up for something cute, full of love, then please give it a try. They will not disappoint you.
P. S: while watching ep 6, I thought this would be 8.5, but the last two episodes changed my mind and this is definitely a solid 9/10 drama for me.
An underrated LGBTQIA+ series
From the director of Gaya Si Pelicula (Like in the movies), THIS SERIES SCREAMS PERFECTION indeed. There wasn't a single moment I wanted to skip a scene. No cringey scene, no cheesey romance shit, just people being themselves and the story just went smoothly. The story shows the dedication and fight of King for opening a LGBTQIA+ club in their college which is in the jurisdiction of local church. There he met a lot of allies, homophobes and a reason to stay in Marahuyo Island.If you're looking for NC scenes like Thai, sorry you won't get any. If you're looking for hot kisses like Taiwan and you won't get that either. But what you'll get is true satisfaction of watching a LGBTQIA themed content being honest with its promises. Filipino dramas feel a journey to your neighborhood of friendly and outspoken neighbours sharing their daily lives with a big smile on their face.
Actors were amazing! From the beginning the character King seemed like long lost brother of Bretman Rock, which is I was hooked from the very beginning! His acting is spontaneous and full of life. Another actor who needs to be applauded that is the character Venice! Oh my my, his character arc mind-blowing. Venice was such a sassy little queen of the show >.<
This is the type of ending I love. An ending showcasing realistic approach to life and real events with full of hope. It was a short series with 8 eps yet it said and expressed a lot more than you think.
Before fighting the whole world you need to fight with your family first. And if you win, you can win any situation in your life with their love and support.
Not to forget the OST, it's a lullaby to ears. The soothing & calming music just blends in with the storyline and gives you the compact feeling.
Bunch of horny adults doing shïtty things to make their life more miserable, which made sense!
5 reasons why I liked Only friends-1. Characters were complex AF!
2. They were imperfect
3. They knew they were imperfect and tried to make things better
4. Not everyone got their desired happy endings cuz it's natural this way.
5. The characters weren't dumb they had their priorities sorted.
Character Analysis:
Ray: The cocky b@stard who is ready to chang himself for the sake of himself only.
Mew: Mentally sorted person still made some shitty decisions for himself.
Boston: The ACTUAL b@stard who knows how to füçk up his own life by his own hands and make others life miserable as well.
Cheum: Relatively blind person who judges people too quickly.
Top: Troublemaker Playboy at the beginning but found the "one" to take him out of his man-made gutter.
Sand: Lover boy romantist who falls in love with trouble easily but never loses his self-worth! The most responsible adult out of all.
Nick: Timid little guy who did terrible things to terrible people for the sake of love which didn't even exist :|
It's been quite a hectic journey with some heartbreaks, shït days and blood boiling mistakes but we made peace with the imperfect characters in a most imperfect way possible. Happy endings do exist and is very subjective but do not exist for everyone, regardless of their wrongdoings or good deeds.
My rating: 8.5/10!
F4- Funny, Fluffy, Fulfilling and Fabulous
I started this drama thinking I would drop this before I reach the mid, but to my surprise I LOVED IT to that extent I didn't wanted it to finish this quickly. It's been a while since I watched something this wholesome.So before judging the series by someone's review/comment, check this out yourself. ML-FL and SML-SFL's chemistry were lovely. Combining romance, comedy with speed and diversity in script, in a 10 ep rom-com isn't a joke. The story will keep your eyes pasted on the screen throughout the episodes and by the time an episode finishes you'll click the next episode like a speed of a tornado. I mean THEY REALLY DID A GREAT JOB! This series is great mood changer if you're looking for something funny and fulfilling. You don't believe me, just go run your fingers fast and start binge watching this right NOW!
OMG no one's gonna talk about KIM OK BIN?! SHE'S SPONTANEOUSLY CHARMING! She's like a fighter goddess. She's literally the perfect match for the character Miran. I became a fan of her.
NGL KIM JI HOON and YOO TEO made my heart flutter like crazy ❤️
I'll re-watch this for their fabulous chemistry again and again
9/10
When gripped by the haunting past, it's hard to move forward in the present alone
Sunsets Secrets Regrets is a intriguing crime suspense drama which masterfully blended intricate storytelling with deep vulnerable human nature by creating a narrative that slowly unfolded the suspense knots with precision and attention to detail. The drama’s strength lies in its complex characters carrying their own secrets and regrets that drove the story forward.The drama followed three characters—Zhou Jin, Jiang Hansheng, and Jiang Cheng. They grew up in the same alley as playmates and later found themselves entangled in a web of mysteries and personal struggles. Their roles in society, hidden truths, personal demons challenged their fractured relationships more and more.
>>Character Analysis:
•Jiang Hansheng is the emotional core of this drama. He is a man with a troubled past. But he embodied resilience and complexity as revealed further. His character arc was a journey of redemption and self-discovery written boldly in traumatic language. The internal conflict between his desire for justice and the shadows of his own secrets added depth to his complex persona. His obsessive deep love for Zhou Jin revealed that he is a man who is both vulnerable and fiercely protective, making him relatable and compelling.
•Zhou Jin is a character layered with complexity and subtlety. She is intelligent, resourceful, and emotionally guarded. Her past is filled with mystery, and her cautious nature masked deep pain. Her evolution throughout the series is marked by her gradual opening up and confronting her own vulnerabilities after she met Hansheng.
•Jiang Cheng is the brave figure whose calm exterior hided his chaotic inner world. His loyalty towards his friends and his determination to protect his loved ones at all costs made him a pivotal character in this drama. Jiang Cheng’s journey is all about his sacrifice and confronting past with harsh realities. He often acted as the emotional bridge between Zhou Jin and Jiang Hansheng.
•Qi Yan is our main antagonist who binds the lives of our main characters together. His problematic upbringing led him to be a psychopathic murderer who found peace, happiness and beauty in death. The cold-blooded, crooked smile, paired with dramatically paused articulation gave chills!
•Other characters, especially Wang Pangze, the professor was very well portrayed. His admiration, trust and respect for his student Hansheng was boundless. Surely he was more a father figure to him than a professor. So I can't move forward without mentioning this cutie grandpa.
Honestly, I started this drama because I loved Jing Boran in "Regeneration" and, again, his brilliant performance moved me. His sensational, slow-burn chemistry with Elvira was one of the best things about this drama. Initially, his obsessive, observational love towards Zhou Jin bothered me, but as the storyline continued, layer by layer, each and every question of mine was answered. This proved to be one of the best romantic thriller for me. It kept me on the invested in the storyline throughout the series. I enjoyed every minute of it.
This drama balanced suspense with emotional depth very well. The characters were excellently portrayed, as each of them brought unique perspectives and emotional weight to the storyline. It is a must watch for those who appreciate layered storytelling with strong character development. A perfect blend of mystery with romance!
Pretty visual mantra always works !
It's your typical Wattpad bedtime story, where a troubled, sassy FL asks help from a dashing, handsome lad; initially, he refuses, but she wins him over. They fell in love with each other, and suddenly their world fell apart. FL got abducted, then her knight in shining armour ML comes riding horse to save her! *Deep sigh* *Eye roll intensifies*The storyline has a complicated drug theme; I didn't mind at first, but things got pretty confusing midway. I forget what's the point of all this drama and trouble. Romance was...nice, with pretty faces, slow stares, no way they could mess that. The cinematography was visually STUNNING. It's very aesthetically pleasing. Settings, lighting, camera direction, and acting all came together, which created an immersive, dark, sexy, but intriguing storyline. The production values are somewhat higher for a short-length drama like this.
The actress, Yang Yu Shi was beautiful; her acting was okay. Before this I watched Fan Zhi Xin in "The Lethal Man." Ngl, I enjoyed that more than I expected lol, and I was sure even if I didn't like the drama, I had something to keep me seated.
Overall, a visually pretty drama with a complicated storyline and some cringe-worthy *wiiisshh woossh waashhh and chik chik boom* scenes to rejuvenate your dying soul.
85
261
19
6
4
3
1
7
7
1
5
15
1
3
1
2
1
2
1
3
3
20
18
6