Editorials
Replying to StefAnd • Nov 23, 2022
Title Napoleon and Me
https://www.rjgman56subs.com/post/napoleon-and-i-is-up?postId=34f879ae-836b-46fc-abf2-b146314cc513&cid=b6907a89-8c78-40b8-a98f-6d9c2caf5f3d
Thank you!
1 0
Replying to Edward Wong • Apr 18, 2022
Title Koi ni Ochita Ohitori Sama: Stendhal no Renairon
Episodes 2 and 3 are out, enjoy!
Thank you! Your hard work is much appreciated!
0 0
Replying to Fourthaxis • Apr 18, 2022
Article Lost in Translation: Drama Titles That Steer You in the Wrong Direction
Thank you for commenting! Yes, I am aware that it's based of a highly successful book but you are right, the term…
Just out of curiosity, I watched the Korean movie yesterday, and while the basic storyline is very similar to the book, the ending was not. Frankly I found it refreshing.
1 1
Fourthaxis • Apr 17, 2022
Article Lost in Translation: Drama Titles That Steer You in the Wrong Direction
Great article and you explained so well why titles are lost in translation to English. However, I did want to add to your comment about "Daddy Long Legs" - the usage for the arachnid should be either "Daddy Longlegs" or "Daddy-Long-Legs." Also, there was a book published in 1912 by Jean Webster titled "Daddy-Long-Legs" about an orphan whose college fees are paid for by an anonymous benefactor whom she calls "Daddy-Long-Legs" because she's only seen his shadow in which he appears very tall. There have been several films and a Broadway play made based on the novel.
8 3
On Napoleon and Me • Feb 5, 2022
Title Napoleon and Me
Is there an English sub file available?
0 2