News
On Genie, Make a Wish • Oct 1, 2025
Title Genie, Make a Wish
Here for Steve Noh! 노상현씨 화이팅~!
2 0
Replying to L0V3E • Sep 5, 2018
Article What Takes the Reality Out of Korean Dramas? Part 2
I'm used to signs indicating whether or not a u-turn is allowed on that road. Driving in Korea must be something…
Definitely Kdrama road rules! Many behaviors seem permissible here, but bafflingly the two times I was present when friends were stopped/received a traffic violation, it was because they turned left/u-turned over the double-yellow lines.
1 0
L0V3E • Sep 2, 2018
Article What Takes the Reality Out of Korean Dramas? Part 2
As someone living in Seoul, I've learned that the driving culture and road rules are vastly different from what I'm accustomed to in the States. Hazard lights are used for everything, including stopping randomly on the sides of roads. Also at nearly every big intersection, the middle line turns to dashes where one is free to do a u-turn (give or take a few variables). In the US, cars wait in line to do u-turns one after another. Here, however, cars/buses will u-turn simultaneously. It's very amusing. But these differences have given me a little more perspective on why it's so prevalent in dramas.
5 0
