Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 22 hours ago
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 5 LV1
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: October 1, 2023
Replying to Yumi • Nov 5, 2023
I was so excited to watch this, and it was completely different than what I expected, but different doesn't necessarily…
You're not the only one who was annoyed by the pace. For me, the pace was slow to the point of dragging after the car accident scene. I understand that writers wanted to show Jom's struggle to adjust to life in the 1920s, and give viewers a chance to see what Thailand looked back in the day, but it got to the point where I was like, "JFC, just a move on already!"

It wasn't until around episode 4/5 that things finally picked up. It wasn't a bad thing for me, but I heard some people almost stopped watching because of the pace. One Youtuber who talked about the show said the slow pace got so bad for her that she almost dropped the show altogether, but was glad she stuck by it because the Khun Yai/Jom romance was beautifully written. That was what kept her going.
1 1
Replying to Ryen_Lux • Nov 4, 2023
I liked the scene because in the book, there was no apology and no closure. Jom just decided to forgive them and…
For the e-book, the English version is available on Amazon. For the paperback version, I don't know if there's an English version, but the Chinese version comes in two books. Part 1 covers the 1920's storyline, and part 2 the 1760's sotryline plus some extra one-shots.
2 0
Replying to Ryen_Lux • Nov 4, 2023
I liked the scene because in the book, there was no apology and no closure. Jom just decided to forgive them and…
That's cool. Everybody feels differently. I'm just happy the novel got made into a series, and they're making a second season. I also heard another one of Violet Rain's novels is going to be made into a series (also BL), so it looks like her novels are getting more attention.
1 3
Replying to zamperx • Nov 4, 2023
So who decided that the scene of Ohm with his pregnant gf apologizing Jom is interesting to watch or needed? Jom…
I liked the scene because in the book, there was no apology and no closure. Jom just decided to forgive them and move on. It was kinda abrupt, imo. Personally though, I felt that apology scene would have more meaning if it was shown after both the 1927 and 1767 storylines, instead of just one storyline, but that's just me.
1 5
Replying to Natsume • Nov 4, 2023
hiiiii can you please explained to me wha just happen is khun yai really there or is just the that the two time…
Hi there, it can be confusing if you've only watched the show, so I'll try to explain it based on the novel. In the book, there are three versions of Yai: Khun Yai from 1927, Commander Yai from 1767, and the modern Yai in the 21st century. Season 1 showed the Khun Yai/Jom storyline, and season 2 will show the Commander Yai/Jom-Jao storyline. The Yai you see in the final scene of ep. 12 is the modern version. He's the descendant of Lek, who is Khun Yai's younger brother (the kid you saw in the series). Khun Yai is his great-uncle.

Hope this helps.
2 1
Replying to luneify • Nov 3, 2023
don't let me be the only one who's not a fan of Commander Moustache Yai 😩 if there's a season 2 I'll obviously…
Yeah, it takes some getting use to lol, but I guess they wanted to be as historically authentic as possible? After all, back in the day, wasn't a moustache a symbol of strength and power? Or it sseparates boys from men (something like that)? Still, I sure hope they come up with something better than that fake-ass stick-on when season 2 finally comes out.
1 0