Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: Jan 16, 2024
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Brisbane Australia
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Birthday: February 01
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: August 14, 2012
Replying to Aaroh • Apr 24, 2013
Product placement done well is fine, but the thing with every character having these expensive looking phones,…
Thank you for the compliment
0 0
Replying to kuay • Apr 24, 2013
City Hunter was a drama about iPhones and chicken wings tbh, I can't even remember the story
LOL so true :)
0 0
Replying to kailin • Apr 24, 2013
haha i bought a samsung too.XD but not because of k-drama. i also dislike the fact everyone always has the same…
I always wondered if the coffee places are real places, but since I don't live in Korea I don't know. Something to note, just because something constantly reappears in dramas doesn't necessarily mean they are real. For example, central perk in friends wasn't a real place, yet they were there like every episode. Though it is a great placement for coffee shops if they are real.
0 0
Replying to Little-Dream • Apr 24, 2013
I always have tought how ironic is the fact than the heroine is usually "oh-so-poor" and hardworking…
:) It certainly does. I think that the phone should match the person's situation. If they want to keep the same brand that is fine with me, but maybe the could try a lower end phone in their range. Who knows could be a good marketing strategy to get lower socioeconomic class to buy the brand?
0 0
Replying to Marse • Apr 24, 2013
I'd read in some article in Yahoo! before that Samsung is invading the electronic industry with all the gadgets…
Thanks you for your compliment :). I only learnt that Samsung was Korean, when I started watching dramas. I am not very techie either, and that kind of stuff just went over my head. Someone had to point it out to me as well.
0 0
Replying to CherryBunny • Apr 24, 2013
I was just thinking about this the other day, except while I was watching a Chinese drama. It was way more noticeable…
:) LOL that is an excellent example. It really just makes me laugh when product placement is just so obvious and in your face. It just shows that product placement is a worldwide thing, and that producers/directors still haven’t gotten the right mix yet. I have seen a few examples like this in the past, mainly in western show thou.
1 0
Replying to slmorse • Apr 24, 2013
I agree. I think product placement can be very smart when it's done well. To me, one of the most obvious Samsung…
:) Agreed one of the things that make a placement good for me is that they show features rather than just a product. Them displaying the fact that the phone comes in many different colours is a feature, which intern makes it stand out more in a good way.
1 0
Replying to milliemay • Apr 24, 2013
I have to admit that I became a victim of product placement! In That Winter, The Wind Blows EVERYONE had a Samsung…
To The Beautiful You had so much product placement that I couldn't even manage to fit it all. I noticed a few other placements, I am pretty sure that the face cream that Kang Tae Joon gives to Goo Jae Hee is a placement as well, but since I am not an expert on Korean products I am not sure.
0 0
Replying to mia14 • Apr 24, 2013
i noticed them all the time , but it doesnt bother me at all! i ve never been affected by commercials but since…
Sometimes I think product placements are slowly brain washing me. Since recently I am finding myself becoming a Samsung fan, but that could also be due to other factors. Similarly to you it doesn't bother me.
0 0
Replying to DiaNine • Apr 24, 2013
I have nothing against product placement, it's actually a very good move, but like it was mentioned in the article,…
Glad you agree :)
0 0
Replying to linnneleh • Apr 24, 2013
I got the feeling of product placement in Vampire Prosecutor Season 1, where I almost thought that everybody had…
Your instincts are probably right.
0 0
Replying to maakopla • Apr 24, 2013
Korean dramas are nothing but huge commercials, everything in them is product placement: food, sceneries, clothes,…
You make exceedingly good points. I have always wondered if some of the restaurants/food products where real places, but seeing as I am not Korean or ever been I couldn't tell. It really doesn't surprise me thou. You pointed out an intriguing point about product placement. You mentioned that there are no well-done product placements, as all of them make you conscious of product placements. This is a key issue with placements, advertisers want you to notice otherwise there is no point, but once it is noticed it makes the audience feel wronged. So it is basically a catch 22 situation. I personally think that there is a huge potential for advertisers to get the right mix, but I think that with most things it will take time. I can’t comment thou on J-dramas as I haven’t actually seen any.
0 0
Replying to beree3 • Apr 24, 2013
Lol I noticed this before and it really works..that's why I got myself a galaxy note xD I love it !
I think product placements works, I recently find myself thinking that I should buy myself a Samsung, because it is a exceptionally good brand. Now I don't know if that is because of other factors or because dramas have slowly brain washed me.
0 0
Replying to werwiewowas95 • Apr 24, 2013
HAHA when I read product placement I had to think of BOF xD Since I always wanted to have that anycall mobile…
Funny that you mention BOF, for a bit I was wondering if anycall mobile was real. Side Note: I was tempted to place it in this article. It had a few placements for some major cars companies.
0 0
SeRose • Nov 3, 2012
:) This article has a lot of good points. I can see myself agreeing with it all! Only I tend to watch a drama between 2-3, I can't force my self to stay up all night :(. I've only ever had one dramathon, and it was for BOF couple of months ago. But that was more of a social thing were me and my best friends did it together, cause we love BOF!
1 0
On What's Up? • Aug 19, 2012
Title What's Up?
I was so disappointed that daesung wasn't the lead. Now I know the difference when a profile says main and not lead :'(
1 0