K-Drama
Replying to chodinggyu • Feb 16, 2014
Title My Love from the Star
ugh i totally regret starting this late at night last night. i've been marathoning since. ; ^ ; too good to put…
Had a similar experience :), it is just really good
2 0
Aya97 • Sep 1, 2013
Article Next Generation
What about Jo Jung Suk... He is my fave...
0 0
purplenette • Jun 23, 2013
Article Kim Joon is Back!!!
He was my favourite as well!
2 0
jenna • Jun 18, 2013
Article If The Big Bang Theory was a Korean drama?
Would love to watch this
1 0
Replying to Hyung • Apr 25, 2013
Article Product Placement in Korea
At first when I noticed that everyone was using Samsung phones I though there was just a LOT of Samsung users…
Good point sometimes things are included as cultural reference / satire, which would be different from product placement. Though that is usually done more by making subtle connections. For example I once saw a show that had pear phones (a reference to apple's iPhones).
0 0
Replying to Nyappychan • Apr 25, 2013
Article Product Placement in Korea
In Missing You it was the same thing as noticed City Hunter. They was all like "I don't have money enough…
LOL, that is funny :).
1 0
Replying to Jeaniessi • Apr 25, 2013
Article Product Placement in Korea
Oh my gosh... Watch The Greatest Love ~ Vitamin Water was EVERYWHERE! It was crazy.
I will, thanks for the suggestion :)
0 0
Replying to Shaza • Apr 25, 2013
Article Product Placement in Korea
Totally true, I am a marketeer and totally saw it, mostly was Product placement for phones and tablets, I even…
More Jang Geun Suk is the dream :)
1 0
Replying to kailin • Apr 25, 2013
Article Product Placement in Korea
haha i bought a samsung too.XD but not because of k-drama. i also dislike the fact everyone always has the same…
That is pretty cool, I think I would be one of those people ;)
0 0
Replying to Little-Dream • Apr 25, 2013
Article Product Placement in Korea
I always have tought how ironic is the fact than the heroine is usually "oh-so-poor" and hardworking…
Thanks
0 0
P
On Deprecated profile comment • Apr 24, 2013
Profile Deprecated profile comment
Yes we are :)
0 0
Replying to Chappelle • Apr 24, 2013
Article Product Placement in Korea
after my phone screen cracked, I updated my phone to Galaxy Note that I saw it on Rooftop Prince/To the Beautiful…
From reading a lot of these comments I would say that drama watchers are SAMSUNG supporters, all thanks to dramas they have seen,
0 0
Replying to CrawlingInMySkin • Apr 24, 2013
Article Product Placement in Korea
I didn't even notice the New Balance advertisements in To The Beautiful You. I must be blind :')
Those are only a few examples, the drama has way more New Balance (and a lot of other products).
1 0
Replying to ketibachan • Apr 24, 2013
Article Product Placement in Korea
Yep, I've noticed a LOT of indirect commercializing of Samsung products mostly. Also clothing and those sports…
I've seem that. One of the worst cases was in Warehouse 13 (american show) one of the characters literally starts naming all the features of the car.
2 0
Replying to goldenseal50 • Apr 24, 2013
Article Product Placement in Korea
I want one of those giant phones...is it a Galaxy? who makes it how much does it cost? what fancy stuff does it…
It is a Samsung :)
1 0
Replying to Shaza • Apr 24, 2013
Article Product Placement in Korea
Totally true, I am a marketeer and totally saw it, mostly was Product placement for phones and tablets, I even…
:) I did notice that, but I wasn't sure if it was a real product or not, since I couldn't recognised. It is actually my guilty pleasure when they do ads for real product like in You're Beautiful.
1 0
Replying to allyson • Apr 24, 2013
Article Product Placement in Korea
Great article! Poor people with iphones doesn't really bug me in kdramas, probably because here in the states,…
With American show i found 30 Rock to have the most shameless product placement. They make it so obvious that they are making it obvious, just taking the mickey out of product placement that I just love it.
0 0
Replying to 30387 • Apr 24, 2013
Article Product Placement in Korea
A gentleman's dignity also shows MASSIVE phones, which didn't fit into their hands however by the end of the drama…
I agree. I am pretty sure To the Beautiful You's production cost were completely covered by product placements ;).
1 0
Replying to purplenette • Apr 24, 2013
Article Product Placement in Korea
Product placement is lost on me. I don't even notice. Well, I take that back...there is this one drama (can't…
You are a lot like my sister, product placement just goes over her head. :)
1 0
Replying to Juniko • Apr 24, 2013
Article Product Placement in Korea
If I had to say something about product placement in K-dramas, I would only say this : Queen In-Hyun's Man ! The…
I wanted to write a bit about cars in dramas, but I kind of ran out of space. There are so many dramas that feature cars, car brands were actually one of the first to be allowed to be shown in Korea way back in 2009.
0 0
