Yi Fan is one of the most realistically written female leads I’ve seen in a long time. She’s strong not in the typical way where she has to prove herself to others, but in how she keeps moving forward despite everything she’s been through. She doesn’t exist to please people, and that’s exactly what makes her so compelling. Zhang Ruonan portrayed her so well that I genuinely can’t imagine anyone else playing her role. She captured every layer of Yi Fan’s emotions, struggles, and quiet resilience so naturally, she’s officially my favorite actress. Seriously, how can anyone hate Yi Fan?
I've been listening to this drama's OST, and I love it so much 💝 and to the two users arguing in the comments please stop. If you already blocked someone before, how are you still seeing their comments and going after them?
Just finished ep 4. is it just me or is anyone else finding this boring? I had high expectations because of Hidden…
You don’t have to force yourself to keep watching. This drama is slow-paced and darker than Hidden Love, so it feels different. There’s less comedy and more focus on the leads stories. Keep watching if you’re still curious, but if it’s not getting better for you, maybe it’s best to drop it.
A relationship dynamic isn’t just about who stays and who leaves it’s about how two people handle their emotions,…
But that’s exactly the double standard I’m talking about. If the ML left, people would find it reasonable because Yi Fan wasn’t opening up but when the FL leaves, it’s seen as unforgivable, even though she was dealing with something overwhelming. Sang Yan did nothing wrong, and he does have every right to be hurt. But relationships aren’t just about who deserves pain or not it’s about how two people navigate difficult moments together.
Yi Fan’s decision wasn’t the best, but it wasn’t about hurting him on purpose. She wasn’t in a place where she knew how to handle things differently. If we can understand why an ML might leave in frustration, why can’t we extend the same understanding to an FL who leaves because she feels like she has no other choice?
These last 4 episodes totally ruined the character of FL for me, she left suddenly and calling him after 6 months,…
A relationship dynamic isn’t just about who stays and who leaves it’s about how two people handle their emotions, choices, and circumstances differently. Yi Fan’s decision the second time was harsh, but it didn’t come out of nowhere. The first time, she was finally happy, starting to see a future, and even decided to pursue Sang Yan until her uncle came back and forced everything to spiral again. In the novel, he was the one who left, but the drama changed that because they framed Sang Yan as the ultimate green flag. If he had left, people would’ve debated it endlessly, but since it’s the FL, she gets more criticism.
He has every right to be hurt and upset that she didn’t tell him, but if this were a flawed ML leaving, many people here would find ways to justify it even if they criticized him. Why can’t the same understanding be extended to the FL? Just because her actions were painful doesn’t mean they weren’t influenced by everything she’s been through.
At the end of the day, relationships aren’t just about one person making the right or 'wrong move they’re about how both people navigate the situation, their pasts, and their emotions. Yi Fan’s choice wasn’t ideal, but it wasn’t meaningless either. If we can recognize the depth in ML’s emotions, we should be able to do the same for the FL.
Despite minor things that made little sense to me, I enjoyed the drama, but the HK arc was the camel in the back.…
I don't fully agree with the comment about the FL being "extremely selfish" for leaving and then calling the ML six months later. Her decision to leave was driven by deep emotional struggles, and while it did hurt Sang Yan, I think her arc is more about trying to find herself and heal from her trauma. She wasn't trying to manipulate or take advantage of his feelings, but rather needed space to deal with everything internally. It's clear she was still struggling with the weight of her past, and leaving was a way for her to cope, even if it wasn't the most considerate to Sang Yan.
Her decision does hurt him, and I understand why that feels unfair. However, her journey is one of growth, and I think the drama shows her learning the importance of healing and facing the past, even if it's messy. It’s a tough balance her actions were painful to Sang Yan, but they were also part of her struggle to take care of herself, even if that meant pulling away from the people she loved.
👇 THE USER (PRECIOUS )USING HIS ALTS ACCOUNTS AS ALWAYS 👇 🤡🚨(ZOE,Lili, Xander, Aries)SHE EVEN ANSWERS…
Blaming another user here while impersonating them with a fake account is another level of low. Not everyone here has time to create multiple accounts like you all do. If you don’t like the drama, just say that no need to pull these sad tactics.
I get your frustration, but Yifan leaving was more about her needing time to heal from her trauma. It wasn’t…
I get where you're coming from. I agree that the involvement of Su Hao An and Qiao Qiao feels like an unexpected catalyst, but it also shows that Yifan needed that external push to reflect on her actions. Her healing process wasn’t straightforward, and sometimes people need moments of clarity that come from unexpected places.
I get your frustration, but Yifan leaving was more about her needing time to heal from her trauma. It wasn’t…
I understand your point, but I don’t agree. The letter may have been vague, but Yifan’s decision to leave wasn’t about not caring it was her way of trying to process her trauma. Sang Yan didn’t simply "let her go" because he understands the depth of her struggle. Their relationship isn’t just about a lack of communication; it's about their bond and mutual understanding, even if things aren’t always clear. Sometimes, it takes patience and trust to truly heal, and that’s what Sang Yan was offering.
I'm just annoyed at how she left him for 6 months and it is glossed over like its nothing. I knew "green flag…
I get your frustration, but Yifan leaving was more about her needing time to heal from her trauma. It wasn’t about abandoning Sang Yan, but realizing she couldn’t be the partner he deserved while still struggling. The moment with the side characters was a turning point for her, though it might seem abrupt, it shows how healing can sometimes come in unexpected ways. It’s not about her not caring; it’s about her understanding that she needed to be whole before they could be together again.
While trauma doesn't excuse this behavior, it's important to recognize the complexity of how trauma affects individuals.…
I completely agree that trauma doesn’t absolve anyone of responsibility for their actions, and it’s important to hold people accountable for the pain they cause.
My point is that understanding the why behind her actions can offer a deeper perspective on why she made those choices, even if they were harmful. I also acknowledge the pain she caused Sang Yan it’s not about excusing her behavior, but about showing that trauma complicates decision making. Holding her accountable is necessary, but I also think it's important to recognize that healing involves both understanding the past and taking responsibility for the present. It's not a matter of excusing, but of finding balance between empathy and accountability."
Yi Fan’s decision wasn’t the best, but it wasn’t about hurting him on purpose. She wasn’t in a place where she knew how to handle things differently. If we can understand why an ML might leave in frustration, why can’t we extend the same understanding to an FL who leaves because she feels like she has no other choice?
He has every right to be hurt and upset that she didn’t tell him, but if this were a flawed ML leaving, many people here would find ways to justify it even if they criticized him. Why can’t the same understanding be extended to the FL? Just because her actions were painful doesn’t mean they weren’t influenced by everything she’s been through.
At the end of the day, relationships aren’t just about one person making the right or 'wrong move they’re about how both people navigate the situation, their pasts, and their emotions. Yi Fan’s choice wasn’t ideal, but it wasn’t meaningless either. If we can recognize the depth in ML’s emotions, we should be able to do the same for the FL.
Her decision does hurt him, and I understand why that feels unfair. However, her journey is one of growth, and I think the drama shows her learning the importance of healing and facing the past, even if it's messy. It’s a tough balance her actions were painful to Sang Yan, but they were also part of her struggle to take care of herself, even if that meant pulling away from the people she loved.
My point is that understanding the why behind her actions can offer a deeper perspective on why she made those choices, even if they were harmful. I also acknowledge the pain she caused Sang Yan it’s not about excusing her behavior, but about showing that trauma complicates decision making. Holding her accountable is necessary, but I also think it's important to recognize that healing involves both understanding the past and taking responsibility for the present. It's not a matter of excusing, but of finding balance between empathy and accountability."