What I like the most about this show is that it's not trying to be something it's not. It's a sweet, coming-of-age rom-com, and it's staying true to that, and not adding any soap opera-ish plot points, which I know some people like, but they break the immersion for me. I also love how they're not relying too much on the miscommunication trope to move the plot forward(they have 4 more episodes to prove me wrong, but I hope they don't 🤞🏻).
Yep, that’s my main complaint about this series, that the build up is lacking. The direction/editing/production…
I have a few theories: 1. KitShane: I feel like Shane's parents' arc is still not over. I have a feeling that since Jin basically blackmailed him not to sell the condo, Shane's father will use all of Shane's money he'd saved to study abroad for his failing business since Shane is still a minor and I'm assuming that his father has some control over his bank account. I think that both Kit and Shane might get into good colleges abroad, but because of his father, he won't be able to study abroad anymore, but he won't want Kit to give up on his future for him(the scene in the trailer).
2. KimMon: For starters, we barely know anything about Kim, so I hope we get more of his background in the future eps. Also, there's a scene in the trailer where Mon is crying about Kim to his mom and saying, "Maybe he thinks his future does not have to include me." Kim seems to be a character who only lives in the present and doesn't plan or think too much of the future, as we see how he wanted to change his major just to be in the same class as Mon. So, he might not have thought about his life after school, or going to college with Mon, while Mon might have thought about those things. I have a strong feeling that the conflict between them might be Mon questioning if Kim really loves him and is serious about him, or he just likes the feeling of having a boyfriend and doesn't want to be together after they graduate.
For this show, I feel like the writer and director has put a lot of thought into the characters and their stories and they might pull it off well. But let's see, we'll find out in the coming eps.
I think so too. He doesn't really care about enchanté, he is just bragging about him to make akk jealous
Yeah. Last year when the first trailer came out. It’s never revealed in the actual book. It’s in a special chapter. But the director has changed a lot of things, so you never know… But they’ve definitely not changed the identity of Enchanté
So he's been writing to himself the whole time? 😭 Taking boredom to a whole new level
I don’t think he intended to write more than 1-2 messages. And he definitely didn’t intend to make it public. That’s all our dear Akk, who’s taking too long to confess 😂 Plus, now that the other 4 know about the book and Enchanté, they can write messages in the book, and Theo has no choice but to go along with it 😔 I really want to see, in the show, how many messages it takes for Akk to confess
In the additional book, the writer reveals that Theo is Enchanté and used Enchanté as a way to get Akk to fess…
I think it’s more to confirm if Akk also liked him. Akk is a “bury my love to give the world to you” kind of guy, considering he said he would help Theo find the person who “understands him the best”. I get why Theo would be confused. He did that typical thing people do to make their crush jealous, but for Theo, since Akk was his only friend, he had to create someone to make him jealous. Those four showing up is just Theo’s bad luck 😂
Agree that the slo-mos are kind of weird, but wishing the plot was something else? You're talking as if you've…
Totally agree with you This show is a slow burn, which I personally enjoy, but I know some people don’t, which is fair. But that’s not the issue here..and it’s not just about OG’s comment. There’s a difference between thinking the plot’s slow and thinking the plot’s something else than it is This show has the misfortune of being the immediate successor to Bad Buddy, which as iconic as it is, has a pretty straightforward storyline. But every story isn’t going to be like that… Specially when so many GMMTV 2022 BLs are going to have a mystery theme (a lot darker I know, but still), which needs setting up. If people think all stories will be simple and guessable from the trailer and that things will move super fast for the couple every time, Enchanté is not the only show you’ll find boring.
One last thing, and this isn’t even a spoiler because ep 2 has made it clear already, there’s no harem or love triangle/pentagon. The 4 guys are nightmares dressed like daydreams. That isn’t the central conflict or premise of the story…..
Agree that the slo-mos are kind of weird, but wishing the plot was something else? You're talking as if you've…
Sorry for that. Being a writer myself, it kind of triggers me when people make assumptions based on just 1-2 chapters I guess everyone finds different things interesting, and I respect that. This story isn’t as one-dimensional as it looks and if you keep an open mind, you’ll definitely be surprised
1. KitShane: I feel like Shane's parents' arc is still not over. I have a feeling that since Jin basically blackmailed him not to sell the condo, Shane's father will use all of Shane's money he'd saved to study abroad for his failing business since Shane is still a minor and I'm assuming that his father has some control over his bank account. I think that both Kit and Shane might get into good colleges abroad, but because of his father, he won't be able to study abroad anymore, but he won't want Kit to give up on his future for him(the scene in the trailer).
2. KimMon: For starters, we barely know anything about Kim, so I hope we get more of his background in the future eps. Also, there's a scene in the trailer where Mon is crying about Kim to his mom and saying, "Maybe he thinks his future does not have to include me." Kim seems to be a character who only lives in the present and doesn't plan or think too much of the future, as we see how he wanted to change his major just to be in the same class as Mon. So, he might not have thought about his life after school, or going to college with Mon, while Mon might have thought about those things. I have a strong feeling that the conflict between them might be Mon questioning if Kim really loves him and is serious about him, or he just likes the feeling of having a boyfriend and doesn't want to be together after they graduate.
For this show, I feel like the writer and director has put a lot of thought into the characters and their stories and they might pull it off well. But let's see, we'll find out in the coming eps.
Ep 1-3 made it pretty obvious I think. The side glances, stares, flirting…
My bad 😅
Now I can’t even find that
But they’ve definitely not changed the identity of Enchanté
Plus, now that the other 4 know about the book and Enchanté, they can write messages in the book, and Theo has no choice but to go along with it 😔
I really want to see, in the show, how many messages it takes for Akk to confess
Or even worse, with Wayo or Phupha 😱
But apparently he’s busy looking for his nose 😂😂
This show is a slow burn, which I personally enjoy, but I know some people don’t, which is fair.
But that’s not the issue here..and it’s not just about OG’s comment. There’s a difference between thinking the plot’s slow and thinking the plot’s something else than it is
This show has the misfortune of being the immediate successor to
Bad Buddy,
which as iconic as it is, has a pretty straightforward storyline. But every story isn’t going to be
like that…
Specially when so many GMMTV 2022 BLs are going to have a mystery theme (a lot darker I know, but still), which needs setting up.
If people think all stories will be simple and guessable from the trailer and that things will move super fast for the couple every time, Enchanté is not the only show you’ll find boring.
One last thing, and this isn’t even a spoiler because ep 2 has made it clear already, there’s no harem or love triangle/pentagon. The 4 guys are nightmares dressed like daydreams. That isn’t the central conflict or premise of the story…..
I guess everyone finds different things interesting, and I respect that.
This story isn’t as one-dimensional as it looks and if you keep an open mind, you’ll definitely be surprised