Preach 🙌👏 I cannot stand them no matter how much upbeat, inspirational music they put over their scenes…
Honestly, every time a romantic scene of them pops up, with cute background music and slow motion, I feel so nauseous that it just irritates me even more 🙄 I really want them to end up together, far away from khobfarin, dealing with each other's radiation 🙏💖
I hope you sleep well tonight. They stress us out so bad 😭 i don't know what's wrong with these writers . How…
I slept pretty well and peacefully, unlike kritmochi, I hope 💖
Jokes aside, the writers did a great job making us hate them... even the worst BL antagonists have managed to make me feel some empathy due to their sad backstories, but kritmochi are just so arg that I can only feel anger. If they wanted us to ship them because the actors are almost a fixed couple, I’m sorry to say they got it all wrong 😭😭 I feel really sorry for the actors
So agree with you. I’ve been Khobfarin since day one, and I genuinely thought I was just being biased until…
It’s really good to see that I’m not the only one who feels this way, because every time they appear on screen, I feel like the worst human being in the world for hating them so much 😭 wishing we don’t have to get this stressed out again in the next episode and finally get to see our khobfarin happy and loving each other in peace 🙏
God please take away all the pain and suffering from Khobfarin, multiply it by 1,000, and give it to kritmochi!!
I avoided talking about kritmochi all this time for two main reasons. The first one is that I’ve loved khobfarin since the very first episode and didn't want to be biased, so I decided to give their pov a chance. The second one is that it was a total waste of time, and the more I see of them, the more I hate them and I don't like talking about things I hate (I prefer spend my time talking about what I love) but this episode pissed me off.
I have zero empathy for Krit and Mochi. No matter how hard the script tries to convince me they aren't that bad, it doesn't work. You know why? Because there is no justification for their actions other than the fact that they are two stupid, selfish brats. Everyone in the series is full of problems, traumas, and insecurities, but only these two are so concerned with other people's lives that they want to destroy their happiness. I wish the screenwriter hadn't spent so much time trying to convince us that they are the way they are because of whatever happened before. No one is buying it.
I haven't been able to stand Krit since the moment he broke up with Rin at the birthday party. Back then, I saw people saying Rin deserved it for being a bad boyfriend — and I’m not trying to say he was perfect — but I can't imagine just how bad he’d have to be to deserve that, seriously. I still think Rin was worried about Krit's image for Krit's sake, not just for appearances, but whatever. Rin did wrong. But he should have done worse!
And it’s funny how everything Krit says ends up making no sense as the Khobfarin relationship unfolds. He said Rin didn't listen to him, yet look how well he listens when Khobfa speaks. He said Rin didn't pay attention to him (even though the fact that he bought exactly what Krit wanted proves he did pay attention), yet look at how he notices everything about Khobfa. Does Rin make you feel small? Maybe it's because you are small. So small and pathetic that you made up a lie about cheating on your boyfriend with your former best friend for two months, just so he’d get over you and find someone better? Just to play the "villain" when you actually feel like a "hero"? You’re not that special, wake up! And all that just to stay obsessed with him, even though he’s clearly already moved on... Simply saying "sorry I should have treated you better" doesn't fix a thing.
As for Mochi... I’ve never felt any empathy for him either. Period. I get that it’s easier to pity him, since he’s in love with Krit and it looks like he’s doing all this out of love. But really, it was all about him, too. To me, he’s no better than Krit. His obsession with that teenage promise only exists because Krit chose Rin, not him. And it’s even more ridiculous because he knows Krit was the one who made the first move, not Rin, yet he still takes out all his frustration over being the "second choice" on Rin. Every time he says he doesn't want to be like Rin, I have to laugh, because dude, you’ll *never* be like Rin. But you do want to be like him. So badly that it’s embarrassing.
The way those two were obsessed with Khobfarin has annoyed me for the last nine weeks, but today it reached a breaking point because they had no right. They never had the right to do any of the things they did, but they definitely didn't have the right to expose them like that, to literally (try to) destroy their relationship. They’re going to try to make us feel sorry for Mochi in the next episode, or pretend Krit isn't an asshole just because he offered some hollow apology, but I’m not buying it. I hope the two of them end up together. But in hell. That’s what they deserve. And they deserve each other.
thnx for the lenghty commentary :)I disliked them at the beginning of the series but they completely won me over…
Thanks for reading! :) Happy you fell for them too! As for Rin, I'm asexual myself, but hadn't really thought about it from that angle... I'll keep an eye.
At this point, I can only conclude that I’m on a whole different level of gayness. I’m part of the very tiny minority that absolutely LOVED today's episode's final scene. I’m not saying it was a beautiful kiss, because it wasn't. It was awkward and uncoordinated, as if neither the characters nor the actors knew how to kiss (😭), but somehow it was exactly what I expected? I’m going to analyze the scene by setting aside the actors' actual experiences and focusing instead on why — intentional or not, probably not — their messy kiss and the scene as a whole made me love them even more.
Let’s start with Khobfa... he didn't even have a single friend before Rin, so I highly doubt he’d ever kissed anyone before. My boy couldn't even hold eye contact with Rin for more than a few seconds in the early episodes; I’d be truly shocked if he could handle a kiss without getting completely tense and flustered — especially given that he was fully aware of his feelings for Rin. I don't know if it was scripted that way or if the actor was genuinely nervous and awkward, but I felt every inch of Khobfa’s tension and I loved it.
As for Rin... yes, he probably has experience 🙄, but I can understand why he seemed just as tense and flustered as Khobfa (finally my baby is with a real man, jk). And this goes beyond the kiss itself and touches on what I loved the most about the scene: how both of them handled their own feelings while being mindful of the other person's emotions. And that requires a whole new paragraph.
Regarding Khobfa: initially, he wanted to confess his feelings. Despite his introverted and reserved nature, he is a straightforward person. So it feels natural for him to want to make everything clean. But the moment he realizes he might make Rin uncomfortable, he holds back. It’s not just the fear of unrequited love; it’s the fear of making Rin feel bad. And I love him for that. Because even after confessing his feelings and facing rejection, after trying to step back so as not to be a burden, and despite all his insecurities, when he did confess, he asked for a chance to win Rin over, not just to date him. When Rin hinted that he wasn't ready and opened up about his own fears and traumas, Khobfa listened and accepted it all. Khobfa doesn't just want to date Rin; he wants to win his heart — not in a possession way, but by earning his trust and making him feel good about himself and worthy. That’s why he accepted everything, from the test to the uncertainty of Rin's feelings.
As for Rin, he wasn't lying when he said he’d never seen Khobfa like that before. But that doesn't mean he felt nothing for him. Blinded by guilt and a desire to take responsibility for the alleged curse, he failed to see that his concern and care for Khobfa went far beyond just dealing with bad luck. Rin helped Khobfa build enough self-confidence to speak in public and even win a competition; he listened Khobfa talk about his past traumas and tried to help him overcome them; he wished Khobfa’s father could see him and feel proud of his son; he stood up for Khobfa when Krit talked trash about him. He noticed the moment Khobfa’s attitude began to shift; he found him attractive during the college presentation; he felt tense whenever they ended up too close. And most importantly, neither the guilt over having cursed him, nor his recent heartbreak, nor the fear of hurting Khobfa stopped him from wanting to explore his feelings. All those issues had kept him from thinking of Khobfa romantically before, but the feelings were definitely there. And it was these feelings that gave him the courage to try and give Khobfa, and himself, a chance.
I really love how their relationship feels so reciprocal and I’m not talking about romantic feelings. I love how willing Rin is to do anything to help and protect Khobfa (curse or no curse), and how Khobfa is ready not only to defend Rin against his sick ex's and fake boyfriends' wild fanfics, but also to make him feel better and worthy through small, quiet gestures. Seeing the two of them talk openly about their feelings and decide on the nature of their relationship in such a mature, straightforward way made me so proud! THEY'RE MY BABIES!!
I trully believe that the characters' lack of experience and uncertainty about their feelings, plus the novelty of seeing each other in a completely different way, are reason enough to turn their imperfect first kiss into the cutest, most endering first kiss ever.
I saw a lot of people saying the chemistry vanished during the kiss, calling it terrible, dropping the series (or even saying, Jesus Chirst, they liked the second couple more this episode) and I feel sorry for them. Because when they agreed to kiss to prove their feelings, I felt every bit of their anxiety and expectation. When they pulled apart, counted 1-2-3, and both admitted they felt *something*... I didn't just get butterflies in my stomach, I turned into a butterfly myself. When they hugged, happy and relieved, I started to fly. And when Rin leaned in to kiss him again (still awkward, totally out of sync, yeah), TWICE, just to feel that *something* again... I realized I love them so much. This isn't even funny anymore. I’ve written a whole chapter about a single scene; I’m obsessed. I'm really sorry for everyone who felt different watching this scene or the series as a whole cause I'm living the time of my life right now. And it's amazing. ❤️🩹
What????Huo Ying endgame is not the doctor??? 😭😭😭I feel betrayed....I love the doctor character so much
IKR??? 😭😭😭😭 I don't know if they will actually be endgame, but I just saw some promotional pics showing Huo Ying and the crown prince as "CP" and I feel devastated... 😭 still hoping that things will change, 'cause I love the doctor and all their scenes together 😔
Not me finding out that the supposed second couple is Huo Ying and the crown prince and not the doctor after shipping wrong for 4 episodes... 🤡 I felt something with the order of the characters in the intro since the first episode and I can feel Huo Ying's homosexual gaze towards the prince but I decided to ignore it for my own stupid sake cause boy you deserve better 😭
btw, started this one without any prior knowledge about the story or the characters and I'm loving it, the chemistry of the main couple = chef kiss 💖
Over the past 10 weeks, I've seen a lot of people saying they didn't like this series, didn't see the chemistry between the leads, or that the pacing was too slow... and I kind of understand, even though this is one of my favorite ongoing BL series. Yes, the pacing is slow, and sometimes it feels like Jom and Yo don't have any incredibly romantic moments like other BL couples. But I love that.
I love how their relationship developed slowly and naturally. They're both in very different positions, have had very different lives and different worldviews. Besides the age gap, of course. Jom is a very responsible person, while Yotin was just a boy when they first met. And I loved seeing how, little by little, someone as unreliable as Yotin became a safe place for someone as strict as Jom. We can see this in the details, episode by episode. Little by little, we saw Jom trust Yo, we saw Jom lean on him, share his insecurities with him, his responsibilities, his weaknesses... and begin to worry and care for him more than anyone else. We also saw Yo become more trustworthy, serious and dependable, without losing his playful nature. I feel like they balance each other very well, and I love that!
I also like how the series took its time to develop the characters' individual issues before making them a couple. Yotin always believed he liked only women, and Jom isn't the type of person who would easily fall for someone under his care. So, of course, it took a while for us to see them clearly falling for each other, but you can see the feeling of trust, affection and care slowly blossoming, before it becomes love. It was wonderful to see Yo realize his feelings and embrace them last episode, as well as to see Jom clarify everything between them before taking the next step. All the issues Jom raised in this episode were valid and important, especially when you're about to be in a relationship with someone younger, and Yotin's confidence was equally important, considering all of Jom's insecurities and past traumas.
I'm a sucker for age gap romances when it's well done and both are adults, and My Sweetheart Jom won my heart by taking its time and raising important topics, developing the protagonists' relationship slowly and naturally and carefully. It took me a while to see the chemistry between them? Yeah, but I believe that's because for a long time neither of them saw each other romantically. Now that they've finally accepted their feelings, I feel like I'm floating just as Yotin every time they smile at each other HAHAHAHA They might not have that huge chemistry we often see in other series, but there's a certain charm in the way they seem naturally cute and beautiful together <3
(Turning off my serious tone to say YOTIN BEST BOY I LOVE YOU SOOOOOO MUCH HAHAHAHA living for their dating era TT)
anyone that has read all three novels knows if i can jump to the third one (faifahwine story) directly or is it…
If you want to relive arcarm and yothagun stories, reading all the books would be nice. But it's not necessary if you just want to know their story, I didn't finish either of the first two books, but was able to enjoy faifahwine story without any problem (and I love them) 💖
I also loved how Po is indulging himself and also being understanding in the jealousy! He is the more experienced…
OMG YES! I also love this so much!! Some people might find Po too passive, but I don't see it that way, he's just allowing Thame to experience all the feelings of first love in his own way, as you pointed out. It reminds me of the scene where Thame tells Po not to adjust to his pace, that he would do that, and then Po suggests that the two of them could find a balance. That's exactly what they're doing: finding a comfortable pace together, for both of them, adjusting to each other in such a healthy way.
Jokes aside, the writers did a great job making us hate them... even the worst BL antagonists have managed to make me feel some empathy due to their sad backstories, but kritmochi are just so arg that I can only feel anger. If they wanted us to ship them because the actors are almost a fixed couple, I’m sorry to say they got it all wrong 😭😭 I feel really sorry for the actors
I avoided talking about kritmochi all this time for two main reasons. The first one is that I’ve loved khobfarin since the very first episode and didn't want to be biased, so I decided to give their pov a chance. The second one is that it was a total waste of time, and the more I see of them, the more I hate them and I don't like talking about things I hate (I prefer spend my time talking about what I love) but this episode pissed me off.
I have zero empathy for Krit and Mochi. No matter how hard the script tries to convince me they aren't that bad, it doesn't work. You know why? Because there is no justification for their actions other than the fact that they are two stupid, selfish brats. Everyone in the series is full of problems, traumas, and insecurities, but only these two are so concerned with other people's lives that they want to destroy their happiness. I wish the screenwriter hadn't spent so much time trying to convince us that they are the way they are because of whatever happened before. No one is buying it.
I haven't been able to stand Krit since the moment he broke up with Rin at the birthday party. Back then, I saw people saying Rin deserved it for being a bad boyfriend — and I’m not trying to say he was perfect — but I can't imagine just how bad he’d have to be to deserve that, seriously. I still think Rin was worried about Krit's image for Krit's sake, not just for appearances, but whatever. Rin did wrong. But he should have done worse!
And it’s funny how everything Krit says ends up making no sense as the Khobfarin relationship unfolds. He said Rin didn't listen to him, yet look how well he listens when Khobfa speaks. He said Rin didn't pay attention to him (even though the fact that he bought exactly what Krit wanted proves he did pay attention), yet look at how he notices everything about Khobfa. Does Rin make you feel small? Maybe it's because you are small. So small and pathetic that you made up a lie about cheating on your boyfriend with your former best friend for two months, just so he’d get over you and find someone better? Just to play the "villain" when you actually feel like a "hero"? You’re not that special, wake up! And all that just to stay obsessed with him, even though he’s clearly already moved on... Simply saying "sorry I should have treated you better" doesn't fix a thing.
As for Mochi... I’ve never felt any empathy for him either. Period. I get that it’s easier to pity him, since he’s in love with Krit and it looks like he’s doing all this out of love. But really, it was all about him, too. To me, he’s no better than Krit. His obsession with that teenage promise only exists because Krit chose Rin, not him. And it’s even more ridiculous because he knows Krit was the one who made the first move, not Rin, yet he still takes out all his frustration over being the "second choice" on Rin. Every time he says he doesn't want to be like Rin, I have to laugh, because dude, you’ll *never* be like Rin. But you do want to be like him. So badly that it’s embarrassing.
The way those two were obsessed with Khobfarin has annoyed me for the last nine weeks, but today it reached a breaking point because they had no right. They never had the right to do any of the things they did, but they definitely didn't have the right to expose them like that, to literally (try to) destroy their relationship. They’re going to try to make us feel sorry for Mochi in the next episode, or pretend Krit isn't an asshole just because he offered some hollow apology, but I’m not buying it. I hope the two of them end up together. But in hell. That’s what they deserve. And they deserve each other.
Happy you fell for them too! As for Rin, I'm asexual myself, but hadn't really thought about it from that angle... I'll keep an eye.
Let’s start with Khobfa... he didn't even have a single friend before Rin, so I highly doubt he’d ever kissed anyone before. My boy couldn't even hold eye contact with Rin for more than a few seconds in the early episodes; I’d be truly shocked if he could handle a kiss without getting completely tense and flustered — especially given that he was fully aware of his feelings for Rin. I don't know if it was scripted that way or if the actor was genuinely nervous and awkward, but I felt every inch of Khobfa’s tension and I loved it.
As for Rin... yes, he probably has experience 🙄, but I can understand why he seemed just as tense and flustered as Khobfa (finally my baby is with a real man, jk). And this goes beyond the kiss itself and touches on what I loved the most about the scene: how both of them handled their own feelings while being mindful of the other person's emotions. And that requires a whole new paragraph.
Regarding Khobfa: initially, he wanted to confess his feelings. Despite his introverted and reserved nature, he is a straightforward person. So it feels natural for him to want to make everything clean. But the moment he realizes he might make Rin uncomfortable, he holds back. It’s not just the fear of unrequited love; it’s the fear of making Rin feel bad. And I love him for that. Because even after confessing his feelings and facing rejection, after trying to step back so as not to be a burden, and despite all his insecurities, when he did confess, he asked for a chance to win Rin over, not just to date him. When Rin hinted that he wasn't ready and opened up about his own fears and traumas, Khobfa listened and accepted it all. Khobfa doesn't just want to date Rin; he wants to win his heart — not in a possession way, but by earning his trust and making him feel good about himself and worthy. That’s why he accepted everything, from the test to the uncertainty of Rin's feelings.
As for Rin, he wasn't lying when he said he’d never seen Khobfa like that before. But that doesn't mean he felt nothing for him. Blinded by guilt and a desire to take responsibility for the alleged curse, he failed to see that his concern and care for Khobfa went far beyond just dealing with bad luck. Rin helped Khobfa build enough self-confidence to speak in public and even win a competition; he listened Khobfa talk about his past traumas and tried to help him overcome them; he wished Khobfa’s father could see him and feel proud of his son; he stood up for Khobfa when Krit talked trash about him. He noticed the moment Khobfa’s attitude began to shift; he found him attractive during the college presentation; he felt tense whenever they ended up too close. And most importantly, neither the guilt over having cursed him, nor his recent heartbreak, nor the fear of hurting Khobfa stopped him from wanting to explore his feelings. All those issues had kept him from thinking of Khobfa romantically before, but the feelings were definitely there. And it was these feelings that gave him the courage to try and give Khobfa, and himself, a chance.
I really love how their relationship feels so reciprocal and I’m not talking about romantic feelings. I love how willing Rin is to do anything to help and protect Khobfa (curse or no curse), and how Khobfa is ready not only to defend Rin against his sick ex's and fake boyfriends' wild fanfics, but also to make him feel better and worthy through small, quiet gestures. Seeing the two of them talk openly about their feelings and decide on the nature of their relationship in such a mature, straightforward way made me so proud! THEY'RE MY BABIES!!
I trully believe that the characters' lack of experience and uncertainty about their feelings, plus the novelty of seeing each other in a completely different way, are reason enough to turn their imperfect first kiss into the cutest, most endering first kiss ever.
I saw a lot of people saying the chemistry vanished during the kiss, calling it terrible, dropping the series (or even saying, Jesus Chirst, they liked the second couple more this episode) and I feel sorry for them. Because when they agreed to kiss to prove their feelings, I felt every bit of their anxiety and expectation. When they pulled apart, counted 1-2-3, and both admitted they felt *something*... I didn't just get butterflies in my stomach, I turned into a butterfly myself. When they hugged, happy and relieved, I started to fly. And when Rin leaned in to kiss him again (still awkward, totally out of sync, yeah), TWICE, just to feel that *something* again... I realized I love them so much. This isn't even funny anymore. I’ve written a whole chapter about a single scene; I’m obsessed. I'm really sorry for everyone who felt different watching this scene or the series as a whole cause I'm living the time of my life right now. And it's amazing. ❤️🩹
btw, started this one without any prior knowledge about the story or the characters and I'm loving it, the chemistry of the main couple = chef kiss 💖
I love how their relationship developed slowly and naturally. They're both in very different positions, have had very different lives and different worldviews. Besides the age gap, of course. Jom is a very responsible person, while Yotin was just a boy when they first met. And I loved seeing how, little by little, someone as unreliable as Yotin became a safe place for someone as strict as Jom. We can see this in the details, episode by episode. Little by little, we saw Jom trust Yo, we saw Jom lean on him, share his insecurities with him, his responsibilities, his weaknesses... and begin to worry and care for him more than anyone else. We also saw Yo become more trustworthy, serious and dependable, without losing his playful nature. I feel like they balance each other very well, and I love that!
I also like how the series took its time to develop the characters' individual issues before making them a couple. Yotin always believed he liked only women, and Jom isn't the type of person who would easily fall for someone under his care. So, of course, it took a while for us to see them clearly falling for each other, but you can see the feeling of trust, affection and care slowly blossoming, before it becomes love. It was wonderful to see Yo realize his feelings and embrace them last episode, as well as to see Jom clarify everything between them before taking the next step. All the issues Jom raised in this episode were valid and important, especially when you're about to be in a relationship with someone younger, and Yotin's confidence was equally important, considering all of Jom's insecurities and past traumas.
I'm a sucker for age gap romances when it's well done and both are adults, and My Sweetheart Jom won my heart by taking its time and raising important topics, developing the protagonists' relationship slowly and naturally and carefully. It took me a while to see the chemistry between them? Yeah, but I believe that's because for a long time neither of them saw each other romantically. Now that they've finally accepted their feelings, I feel like I'm floating just as Yotin every time they smile at each other HAHAHAHA They might not have that huge chemistry we often see in other series, but there's a certain charm in the way they seem naturally cute and beautiful together <3
(Turning off my serious tone to say YOTIN BEST BOY I LOVE YOU SOOOOOO MUCH HAHAHAHA living for their dating era TT)