Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 2 hours ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: April 26, 2025
Replying to Maya • 6 days ago
Everyone: we didn’t get a hug 😭why?😭Us, Weak Hero fans: *insert “First time?” meme* 😮‍💨https://www.instagram.com/reel/DeFYAbVos7b/?stkn=ZGNkN3VnMDRzOXdh
😭😭😭
1 0
Replying to maboheme • 7 days ago
We know Pio is not one to vocalize his true feelings, so shaped by shame and silence in his familial world. But…
That video was indeed a love letter and a dare at the same time. Proof that they knew each other best.
3 0
Replying to Nari75 • 7 days ago
One of those dramas that I'll actually miss and reminisce about years from now. Simply beautiful and made with…
Everybody worked hard for this drama. And I feel that the writer really, really LOVES classical music.
2 0
Replying to Parzival456 • 7 days ago
but in the end jeong yo uses both his hands... why?? i thought he couldn't use his right hand anymore
I guess that shot helped him to push though the pain one more time, but forcing it made the damage permanent. Like a swan song.
0 0
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • 13 days ago
Very well put!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻That said, both characters are anachronistic and making very modern choices.
🤣🤣🤣

Well, I could never deny the fact that this show is a cut above its contemporaries, despite everything said above.

The writers still created some compelling characters. Even if Grandpapa doesn't sit well with my modern sensibilities, he is still a very interesting character, and the way he sees his role in the family is worth spending a minute pondering.

I was really sad watching what happened to Zhao Xing Tang, and I quite enjoyed Li Meng's performance.

Actually, I think everybody involved in this drama, cast and crew, really enjoyed working on it and gave their best (and I wouldn't put the recent shift past external pressure on the authors, and I don't mean just the viewers).

So yeah, I still enjoy it, and I am looking forward to seeing what happens to Lin Xiu Wan, for example, whether Jiu Gao succeeds or fails, and so on and so forth.

Meanwhile, thank you for the delightful and mind-treadmilling several paragraphs on historical psychology . 😉
🤣🤣🤣
1 0
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • 13 days ago
Very well put!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻That said, both characters are anachronistic and making very modern choices.
I can tell you exactly when I stopped loving this drama and downgraded it to 'liking': when they decided to move to the capital. I'm not bothered that the ML apologized. He could very well understand that his actions were hurtful to the FL, especially when she pointed out she wasn't treated with the same courtesy as a lady from the higher echelons of society. I can accept that. But when a strategist stops planning seven moves ahead as he used to, and suddenly needs his wife to explain the military and political landscape to him... that was it for me. Women don't need men to become imbecile doormats for them to shine. In fact, a smart woman next to a smart man shines even more brightly, just like she did in the first half.
1 1
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • 13 days ago
Very well put!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻That said, both characters are anachronistic and making very modern choices.
Whilst I agree with your comment and I completely know what you mean, I was very disappointed by the new direction of things. If it were a K-Drama filmed as it aired, I could even understand it as a reaction to online noise. But considering it was pre-produced, it felt even more glaring when it changed gears all of a sudden. The first half showed what it could be, even boldly accepting all the potential backlash from the beginning, only to completely make a U-turn and abandon all that initial courage. It feels to me like two separate teams wrote the two halves. It almost feels like a betrayal. (And this can tell you how invested I was in this show. 😂 I still feel that overall it is above average and I am still engaged and curious how it continues)
2 2
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • 13 days ago
Very well put!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻That said, both characters are anachronistic and making very modern choices.
Thank you for the recommendation. I will check it out for sure. Interesting cast, too!
0 0
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • 13 days ago
Very well put!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻That said, both characters are anachronistic and making very modern choices.
his is why the recent "feminist propaganda", so tailored to today's audience, puts me off so much. Until the move to the capital, I didn't just like this drama, I loved it. I thought it was the best thing I'd watched in years, easily in my top 10.

After that shift, though, it completely fell apart. The ML suddenly felt like he’d been lobotomized, and the FL was practically running a modern court trial against her brother-in-law, instead of her husband representing his sister. I’m pretty sure my eye roll could be heard miles away - and that was just one example among many. From that point on, it became just another run-of-the-mill drama.

The early episodes weren't 100% historically accurate, but they at least felt believable enough for the era they were depicting in order to be acceptable for today's audience. These later episodes just feel like 2026 sensibilities wearing period garb.
1 7
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • 13 days ago
Very well put!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻That said, both characters are anachronistic and making very modern choices.
To begin with, that drama would be a super epic flop, bringing in a roaring tide of complaints. Imagine if it used period-appropriate language on top of everything. Not necessarily archaic words, but the cadence and phrasing of the era. MDL would practically shut down.

But would I watch it? I would probably be glued to my screen.

Though even I'd need to pause and take a deep breath here and there. I once watched a drama with machine-generated subtitles that somehow glitched into 16th (or 14th for that matter) century, high-court phrasing for a few random episodes. Even I struggled to keep up (and the fact that the drama was already boring me to death certainly didn't help).

Nonetheless I think it would be a great reality check for modern audiences. Nothing puts modern privileges into perspective quite like wrestling with archaic grammar just to figure out who is betraying whom. Also, experiencing history on its own terms,
might finally show us how good we actually have it today.
1 11
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • 15 days ago
Second Madam Lin is now neck to neck with Grandma Lin as the two worse Lins in that household. I think Grandma…
However, I hope you stick with the show and keep hanging out with us here!
Wishing you a great trip meanwhile.
1 1
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • 15 days ago
That’s because the Shen clan was a prominent clan through Chinese history that survived many political upheavals.…
I always enjoy your comments that give us historical background. I lean a lot thanks to you. Thank you very much.
2 1
Replying to Ximena • 15 days ago
Episode 31.Jin Qi: What I want isn't just to have you here with me, but your heart as well.Lan Xiang: I'm here.…
I agree with your point of view and I love your explanation regarding his misunderstanding.
1 0
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • 15 days ago
So Lanxiang pen name is Shen Rugu/如故 or Shen As Before. A big fat hint!!!
I love when LX is smart, brave and brave, like in this case. That pen name is a subtle way for her to regain her identity. I loved the play - was subtle enough, but obvious for the women who go through those life experiences.
That’s when the show shines, proving it doesn't need heavy-handed moralizing to be effective. I wish the last 2 episodes were better written. It felt like almost the half of the last 2 episodes or so were written by a completely different team, or written on command, like a forced product placement.
2 0
Replying to LAn • 17 days ago
I am so happy that I am not t he only one who thinks and feels this way.
To be honest I start to feel tired by all this reductionist labelling - red flag/ green flag/ black flag. You are right, the romance is secondary and this is a story about resilience and strategy (even side characters develop a strategic thinking to get what they want)
2 1
Replying to MsAnonymous • 17 days ago
Everyone is rightfully mad at Jin Qi. I really wanted Lan Xiang to slap him harder lol but I have to applaud the…
I am so happy that I am not t he only one who thinks and feels this way.
3 3
Replying to Callie • 17 days ago
I keep reminding myself that Tong Hua was the original creator of Moonlovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo therefore we…
I completely agree.
2 0
Replying to MsAnonymous • 17 days ago
My heart truly breaks for Lan Xiang. This entire marriage must have been incredibly traumatic for her, especially…
I really love your analysis! Thank you!
1 0
Replying to Luffy • 17 days ago
She unfortunately won’t be able to do that.There’s a theory going around that Jinqi will secretly help Lanxiang…
Thank you!
0 0
Replying to redshoe1000 • 17 days ago
the day we get rid of this shallow red flag discourse and understand that there is a fluidity in human behaviour…
I don't think the celebration will be mini. From what I can see, the party will be HUGE. And I'll definitely be joining too.

This whole tiresome "flag" thing seems so reductionist. But it's really just a symptom of the current state of the dramaverse. There's so little nuance in today's productions that a show with complex, layered characters can end up being confusing for people. That is, unless you've lived long enough (and maybe read an old-fashioned book or two) to actually enjoy all the mind-f***ery this drama gives us.
4 0