Before I dive right into what I want to say, I’d like to say I understand that the power struggle between the royal families, the military, and the masses is a topic that should be discussed with nuance and points can't exactly be black or white as every party has a valid reason for their course of action.
But imo and from my emotional standpoint, I can't help but be furious at Phop and his journalist friend. Lol, do they honestly think a military govt is better and cares for the masses????
I'm not even saying the monarchy is better, no. The masses suffered in their regime too. But you know the funny thing about military rule??? EVERYONE SUFFERS! Now Phop and the journalist can see how the military strips power from EVERYONE, even down to newspapers. Something even the Royal families didn't do even if they had their own faults! One thing about the Military? They don't give a fuck! And if this show is going to stay true to what a Military regime looks like, even the masses will suffer TEN TIMES MORE. Phob has been played lmao! It's not even funny cause Tinn is bearing the brunt of it all. Trusting the higher-ups in the military is like keeping livestock in a lion’s den and expecting the lion to let it live! 🤡🤡🤡
Are there really men like the crown prince irl???? Cause damn… he's literally the sweetest! Fierce and bold when needed and adorably sweet to his woman 🥹 I love how he loves her. And of course, the crown princess complements him so well😭😭 Her loyalty to him is quite touching! I love this show…
I love her friendship with Bu Shulin also 🥹
I can go on about things I love about this show but that will mean dropping spoilers lol
Lmao I knew her old habit (tapping her index finger) will give her away sooner than later 😂 I love that tiny detail though!
Found my favourite side character though! The marquis daughter who is pretending to be a guy! I already love her relationship with FL!😂 ML is a hopeless romantic whether he admits it or not 😂 I’m already enjoying this so much!
I mean she's mentally unstable… it’s not out of character.
First, an unreliable narrator can be written in various ways, especially in this chaotic manner. Also, I remember her working with a plan? Like I remember seeing that lol. Her plan is bound to be thrown off a little because both princes have the same enemy as her. Her plans are bound to be countered, sometimes. And she doesn't do the plans because she’s mentally unstable, I didn't see that in the show, that’s not what they were trying to portray. She has a mental illness AND has a revenge plan to carry out.
To be honest, I knew about this show at least two months back but I didn't see people talking about it enough, and the numbers here weren't much (yes, I’m vain in that aspect, I don't want to waste time on a mid show so I always check out for the numbers and hype cause in 10 hyped shows at least 7 or 8 are worth it to me)
What I am trying to say is: I started this show because I didn't have anything to watch three days ago, so I decided to give it a try, and boy, it exceeded my expectations. I thought it was bad tbh 😅 Yeah, my fault for judging based on reviews and numbers.
What I liked about this show is: 1. The backstories of the characters. Most are tragic but very engaging, and they provoke emotions.
2. The FL’s character is something I haven't seen before, and I loved it. I loved her, how smart she was, and under that bubbly, cheerful personality was a little girl who went through so much. When I started realising her issue, my chest physically hurt 😔 And when we got to see her past, I was bawling. I definitely wouldn't have survived all that. She was so broken, so alone, she deserved the whole world. I can yap about her for days.
3. The ML and his dynamic with his family, especially his older brother’s wife and son. He's the perfect example of a family head (though FL helped a lot). I loved how his relationship with his older brother’s family was. I loved the subtle way he was falling for FL.
4. I loved how the villains were written. I can understand Prince Li tbh. If I went through what he did, I probably would have done worse, but there's no justification for his obsession and how far he went. Truly, he doesn't deserve Ye Ying’s love (funny how I am saying this when I started out hating her lol). I can understand the Empress Dowagers hunger for power, especially having enough knowledge and being as capable as a man—dare I say even more capable than most men—yet was trapped being a maltreated consort until she fought her way to the top. But her sins were unforgivable. I love her courage to fight for power but ruining people’s lives will never not be evil.
I can go on and on; there are things I didn't like about this show, but overall, it’s a 9/10 for me. It’s so different from other revenge historical shows. Most of the show was calm; it was surprising but not unpleasant lol.
The ending made me cry tears of joy, I’ll miss these characters💗
Stopped at episode 33 even though this is a literal masterpiece that I slept on lol. Someone spoiled the ending for me, so I’d rather just be delulu and stop where they reunited 😭😂
I genuinely think if they’d actually killed that bitch Ye Bingchang, they wouldn't have gone through such torture. Not only did her actions indirectly cause ML’s half-brother to carry out his plans, and going unnoticed by ML, but also killed A WHOLE LOT OF PEOPLE. It doesn't even matter if she's Ye Bingchang or Tian Huan; she’s a demonic fool. She didn't deserve Xiao Lin! At least original Ye Xiwu was a bitch who showed the world she was one (I’m not excusing her evil deeds) and not hide behind “oh, I am a good person. I’m such a weak woman” girl bye 🤡🤡
Also, the misunderstanding and miscommunication in this show was torture 🤣🤣 I kept pulling my hair.
Depends on who you're talking to. I never think that.
Who said I was talking about you lol? literally read the comments below and you'll see exactly what I am talking about. And it’s not the first time, it’s basically a pattern 🤷♀️
Sigh bl fans, y’all never change. Y’all always swear, only the top knows how to act, the bottom is always the weaker actor in y’all opinions, I am tired 🤣🤣🤣
It was a good show! Let's leave it at that. 8.5/10 for me!💗
9/10!!! The acting was CRAZY even down to supporting characters!
And I just have to say this: The male lead made me blush like a fool and smile a lot🤣 That rarely ever happens to me, lmao. The way he and the female lead flirt is so adorable 😂
I loved his relationship with the king. I hate that his two sidekicks died. They could’ve left at least ONE💔
The Female lead was so good! She was very brave in avenging herself and Jiang Li. She’s such a sweetheart🥹 Her ex fumbled fr!!!
FL’s ex is the most shameless idiot I have ever seen. I actually sympathise with the Eldest Princess; she suffered 💔 BUT she harmed innocent people.
Jiang Li’s father turned out to be so likeable toward the end, he was a good man, but turned a blind eye to his wife’s wrongdoings. And Consort Li's last act at the end touched me—it didn't redeem her crimes, but she did love the emperor🫠
What I loved about this show is that the characters are well-written, fleshed out, and not just one-dimensional. Every character stays in your head. Even FL’s brother’s sweetheart stuck with me.
But imo and from my emotional standpoint, I can't help but be furious at Phop and his journalist friend. Lol, do they honestly think a military govt is better and cares for the masses????
I'm not even saying the monarchy is better, no. The masses suffered in their regime too. But you know the funny thing about military rule??? EVERYONE SUFFERS! Now Phop and the journalist can see how the military strips power from EVERYONE, even down to newspapers. Something even the Royal families didn't do even if they had their own faults! One thing about the Military? They don't give a fuck! And if this show is going to stay true to what a Military regime looks like, even the masses will suffer TEN TIMES MORE. Phob has been played lmao! It's not even funny cause Tinn is bearing the brunt of it all. Trusting the higher-ups in the military is like keeping livestock in a lion’s den and expecting the lion to let it live! 🤡🤡🤡
I love her friendship with Bu Shulin also 🥹
I can go on about things I love about this show but that will mean dropping spoilers lol
9/10 for me🫠
Found my favourite side character though! The marquis daughter who is pretending to be a guy! I already love her relationship with FL!😂 ML is a hopeless romantic whether he admits it or not 😂 I’m already enjoying this so much!
Also, I l’m not even sure I could survive HALF of what she went through 😔
What I am trying to say is: I started this show because I didn't have anything to watch three days ago, so I decided to give it a try, and boy, it exceeded my expectations. I thought it was bad tbh 😅 Yeah, my fault for judging based on reviews and numbers.
What I liked about this show is:
1. The backstories of the characters. Most are tragic but very engaging, and they provoke emotions.
2. The FL’s character is something I haven't seen before, and I loved it. I loved her, how smart she was, and under that bubbly, cheerful personality was a little girl who went through so much. When I started realising her issue, my chest physically hurt 😔 And when we got to see her past, I was bawling. I definitely wouldn't have survived all that. She was so broken, so alone, she deserved the whole world. I can yap about her for days.
3. The ML and his dynamic with his family, especially his older brother’s wife and son. He's the perfect example of a family head (though FL helped a lot). I loved how his relationship with his older brother’s family was. I loved the subtle way he was falling for FL.
4. I loved how the villains were written. I can understand Prince Li tbh. If I went through what he did, I probably would have done worse, but there's no justification for his obsession and how far he went. Truly, he doesn't deserve Ye Ying’s love (funny how I am saying this when I started out hating her lol). I can understand the Empress Dowagers hunger for power, especially having enough knowledge and being as capable as a man—dare I say even more capable than most men—yet was trapped being a maltreated consort until she fought her way to the top. But her sins were unforgivable. I love her courage to fight for power but ruining people’s lives will never not be evil.
I can go on and on; there are things I didn't like about this show, but overall, it’s a 9/10 for me. It’s so different from other revenge historical shows. Most of the show was calm; it was surprising but not unpleasant lol.
The ending made me cry tears of joy, I’ll miss these characters💗
Can't stand a bad ending and can't stand it when they make it seem like the second couple overshadows the main… Like it’s their show ffs😅😅
Stopped at episode 33 even though this is a literal masterpiece that I slept on lol. Someone spoiled the ending for me, so I’d rather just be delulu and stop where they reunited 😭😂
I genuinely think if they’d actually killed that bitch Ye Bingchang, they wouldn't have gone through such torture. Not only did her actions indirectly cause ML’s half-brother to carry out his plans, and going unnoticed by ML, but also killed A WHOLE LOT OF PEOPLE. It doesn't even matter if she's Ye Bingchang or Tian Huan; she’s a demonic fool. She didn't deserve Xiao Lin! At least original Ye Xiwu was a bitch who showed the world she was one (I’m not excusing her evil deeds) and not hide behind “oh, I am a good person. I’m such a weak woman” girl bye 🤡🤡
Also, the misunderstanding and miscommunication in this show was torture 🤣🤣 I kept pulling my hair.
It was a good show! Let's leave it at that. 8.5/10 for me!💗
The acting was CRAZY even down to supporting characters!
And I just have to say this: The male lead made me blush like a fool and smile a lot🤣 That rarely ever happens to me, lmao. The way he and the female lead flirt is so adorable 😂
I loved his relationship with the king. I hate that his two sidekicks died. They could’ve left at least ONE💔
The Female lead was so good! She was very brave in avenging herself and Jiang Li. She’s such a sweetheart🥹 Her ex fumbled fr!!!
FL’s ex is the most shameless idiot I have ever seen. I actually sympathise with the Eldest Princess; she suffered 💔 BUT she harmed innocent people.
Jiang Li’s father turned out to be so likeable toward the end, he was a good man, but turned a blind eye to his wife’s wrongdoings. And Consort Li's last act at the end touched me—it didn't redeem her crimes, but she did love the emperor🫠
What I loved about this show is that the characters are well-written, fleshed out, and not just one-dimensional. Every character stays in your head. Even FL’s brother’s sweetheart stuck with me.
If I keep going, I might drop spoilers🤣
I actually had a lot to say, I just went numb after that ending and now I don’t even remember my points 😂(maybe I’ll be back later)
8/10 for me though!