The ML was indirectly responsable of Shen family tragedy, how the FL will forgive him when she knows about?!
The ML was not responsible for the Shen family tragedy. He is also a victim. He was forced to marry someone he didn't want. He left to join the army to escape that life.
I don't find him sympathetic. But I also don't dislike him. He is a very complicated character. I like that in a role. I can't stand the perfect romantic male lead. Too boring.
I mean, in ep 7 he basically recruits her as a spy by threatening her family. You don’t have to apply a modern…
The ML is not a perfect, heroic person. He has a lot of complexity. He is someone hardened by battle. He has lots of responsibilities on his shoulders. He can't be wishy-washy. He must get things done. Intimidation is one very useful method.
It seems some people are using modern day feminist ideologies to judge this drama and thereby somehow blaming…
He is already very lenient. At that time, if a husband found his wife cheating on him, she could be killed. That was one of the options he gave her father.
They even played sad bgm for him like were we supposed to pity him cause his wife doesn't want to do it lol
It was more than her not wanting to consummate the marriage. It was her attitude. Both were forced into this. She was a b**ch that night. That set the tune for the marriage.
https://youtube.com/shorts/-eOuQgT1Tt0?si=j4gjElWXbglhEdD6