Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 8 hours ago
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Shishigami's Forest
  • Contribution Points: 5 LV1
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: November 16, 2024
  • Awards Received: Flower Award1
Completed
Connecting to You
1 people found this review helpful
by Earth
Aug 14, 2026
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 7.5
Rewatch Value 8.0
This review may contain spoilers

I haven't watched something this cute in a long time.....just melts your heart!!! WATCH!!!

This completely melts your heart.....Chia Kai is beyond cute, and Dawei too....and grandma...you can't but love them ...also there's a lot of potential for sequels and I hope they do make because I would love to see this pair again 💖

BL Needle Score: 8.5 Very High BL-ness

Chia Kai can sense and see things beyond the normal and that leads him to do what he does...in the goofiest and adoringly cute ways...with Ta Wei he almost seems like a lost dog following him around, without knowing why...and Ta Wei himself, with all that hard exterior, seems like a softie waiting to unfold

Even the synopsis talks about a supernatural element, the story is so much more than that...to me, the show doesn't seem to focus on a lot of thrills of the supernatural kind, but a lot of human elements instead, including some of the difficult and painful parts of human psyche.....and an endearing connecting forming between this unlikely pair...

Both leads are cute, and particularly Chia Kai.

This is unlike anything that has come out of Taiwan in a while and had really beautiful human and emotional elements wrapped in fluff...it has promises for a lot more if they decide to make future

Verdict: Yes, Watch

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Rearrange
1 people found this review helpful
by Earth
Aug 19, 2025
10 of 10 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.5
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 7.5
Music 7.5
Rewatch Value 7.5
This review may contain spoilers

Turns out this is quite good actually

I love myself a time-travel story, and that was the ONLY reason that I started this. NGL that I was half expecting the off-repeated tropes and cringe-fest from this, looking at the (same-old) poster, but was pleasantly surprised. The storytelling and performances are quite good...with a story about a school band where the members can actually sing, a lot less of OTT cringe, and also a tolerably good story to boot. I would say yes, watch.

BL-needle Score: 7.5 Reasonably high BL-ness

The story of a mid-40s under-performing, desperate guy Win, getting a second chance at life and possible love with his school crush Nut, is nothing new and I was half expecting to drop this after the first episode. But the show convinced me otherwise. While it is not a stunner or incisive, I would say it still works better than some of the formulaic Thai shows that have had in the recent times. The substantial gap for the time-travel didn't feel realistic given how hung up Win and Lin still are about Nut's death (after 27 Years!!). A 10-15 years at most, would have been more believable.

Win and Nut's characters are mostly believable, and so are their friends. I must mention that Win's dad is such a sweetheart. I love the fact that for once a BL-father is shown to be fun and caring. It also gives us a the stark contrast with Nut's father who is your usual shitty-controlling-abusive douchebag of a father that we have had for many a past dramas. The difference so clearly shows up in how Win and Nut are as teenagers, which I think, could turn out to be an important message, going forward. Also, so glad that the leads can actually play the guitar and sing, which is so very apparent on screen. That itself brings more authenticity to their story. But I must say, that I didn't really like their music much, but that didn't interfere with me liking their story.

My only bone of contention was how the final episode felt a tad rushed, like everything got resolved and came to be as desired, within what seemed like a rather short time span...they could have left a few things open-ended, to make it seem more realistic, particularly since the show was, for most parts, very believable all through.

To sum it up, I really enjoyed watching this and I think, you will too.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
3670
0 people found this review helpful
by Earth
Aug 19, 2026
Completed 0
Overall 9.5
Story 9.5
Acting/Cast 9.5
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 9.0
This review may contain spoilers

Poignant, sad, and yet hopeful....with some really stellar storytelling and acting

A beautiful slice-of-life tale with flawed, mostly insecure, incessantly evasive and predictably coward queer men, running away from taking a chance at happiness and love ...and yet, our protagonist finds a way to get a foothold on life....finds the courage to be authentic, to breathe, to express and to be unafraid.....keeping hope alive, even when wading through all the bleakness of life's uncertainties and cruelties

The script, camerawork, colouring and editing...all of them are bang on, with not an ounce of flab anywhere...and the acting is absolutely stellar

Cho You Hyun is stunning in his act as Cheol Jun, a young, vulnerable, gay man who has deflected from North to South Korea, looking to find a foothold, a life and finding himself...as he cautiously explores the gay scene in Seoul as a quiet, introverted and sensitive misfit in the scene, he meets Yeong Jeon, superbly portrayed by Kim Hyun Mok....as they start getting to know each other as part of a gay group, they start off with misfires...the situation gets further compounded by insecurities, jealousy and self-doubts.....and when they are finally able to face the truth, the usual cowardice shows up and Yeong Jeon chooses to run instead of finding the courage to accept their truth and take a chance on their love...

Its both angering and heartbreaking, particularly because you are reminded of all the times you did the same - running away instead of taking a chance, even though you knew there was a real possibility.... simply because you never want to lose and face your own insecurities of not being enough, letting love slip through for the fear of losing it in future ....damn the cowardice!!!

Cho You Hyun, however, finds the courage to confess, to not flinch and then offer that spark of courage to others like him.....he finds a way to get admitted to a college, go back to the gay community space and gets past his inhibition to sing his heart's song...

The rawness and vulnerability of the storytelling makes it beautifully poignant... I also loved that so much of what goes on in this movie is via expressions, backdrops, and silences...which aptly underlines the unspoken, hidden and repression of a queer life at the margins

This is really stunning and one of the best for me in the recent times.....and that beautiful end-song gave me goosebumps....if there is hope, we go on.....

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Gameboys 2
0 people found this review helpful
by Earth
May 30, 2025
8 of 8 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.0
Story 9.0
Acting/Cast 10
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 8.5
This review may contain spoilers

One of the best BL dramas out there - I'm in love, will always be..Untill the End

To say that I loved this will be an understatement. Blissful fluff, adorable and yet realistic jealousy, coming of age, friendship, slice of real life homophobia, queer-positivity, it has it all....delivered in a neat package of fantastic acting, great production values, and a script that almost never feels awkward. It is one of the best boy love stories that I have watched so far, and trust me, I have watched a lot.

BL-needle Score: 10. Extremely High BL-ness

The season 2 takes off right from where season 1 ended and we get to see the lovey-dovey two-some time between Gav and Cai when Cai's mother (the kind of mother most queer person would like to have) tells him that he can stay back some more time with Gav given the situation in Bukidnon, where their family has shifted after his father's death. So they realise with almost-euphoria that they get to spend almost a month's time together. Their blissful times however are cut short with the arrival of Gav's ext Terrence who was driven out of his home by his father once he came out and came drunk-knocking at Gav's for a safe space, as a last, desperate way. Starting from that, the story does a wonderful job in portraying how Cai and Gav worked around the sensitive issue of hosting an ex who is in need, the jealousy, then the double jeopardy o f Wes, Cai's childhood friend also arriving to pursue Terrence (we get the backstory in the last extended episode of season 1 and some of it later in season 2), also Terrence's less-than-authentic and gratuitous entanglement with Achilles and its expected fallouts, Peral's never-wavering mothering and support to all of them, and finally breaking through the childhood trauma of being outed and hated as a queer person aunt Susan who arrives and spews a lot of very realistic homophobia.

I think a lot of us queer people can identify with each of these characters, their stories and traumas. The struggle with one's self to accept our own queerness, the refusal to acknowledge, constant emotional blackmail and even abandonment, from our natal families, the self-loathing it results in, finding a safe space with our chosen family, the phobia and othering even within the LGBTQ+ community, the all-season female friend who is almost always the best refuge, the insecurities of losing the loved one to anything and everything, the suffocation if being unable to stand up for yourself in the face of hatred and phobia from elders and the society in general, the toll it takes on our mental health, all of that....it has captured so many nuances and aspects of a queer life so well. A lot of these portrayals follow stereotypes, yes, but they are true nonetheless.

In short, the show has tried its best to include layers and layers of queer experiences in this show while still managing to keep it fluffy, overall happy, and adorably cute, which is no mean feat. I'm so surprised that this has only 14 reviews as compared to the original Gameboys which has 135...and also has a lower rating overall...while I absolutely loved season 1, I would definitely say season 2 was an improvement on that, in all sense.

Kokoy (Gav), and Elijah (Cai) are fantastic with their portrayals, the struggles, vulnerability, self-doubts, jealousy, first-love awkwardness, all-consuming teenage love...all of it is almost perfect. Also, Adrianna as Pearl, is very convincing. The other actors who play Achilles, Terrence and Wes are also quite good. Even with a slightly overdoes of fluff and OTT emotions, it is their portrayals and the script that makes it very believable and enjoyable.

I am so looking forward to the next season which is expected to be in NYC, where Gav has moved to take care on aunt Myra.

I'm in love...and will always be....Until the End. Strongly Recommended.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Dropped 16/24
Perfect 10 Liners
2 people found this review helpful
by Earth
Jan 19, 2025
16 of 24 episodes seen
Dropped 0
Overall 7.0
Story 7.0
Acting/Cast 8.5
Music 7.0
Rewatch Value 7.0

Perfect Weekend Dope of Mush...Watch it for the Comfort

I paused it after Episode 16, planning to restart, but then never went back to it...may be the feel good only felt good for so long...🤷🏽‍♂️

Original review: Steeped in adorable moments, sizzling chemistry for all the pairs so far, great screenplay, and production values and a story that lets you feel good unapologetically without having to tax your brain too much, and yet retains a refreshing quality.....this show never disappoints in delivering the goodies so far... I have come to call it my 'Weekend Dope of Mush'

BL needle score: 9 . Very high BL-ness

When this series started I was wondering, if they will be able to keep us glued for all 24 episodes and more than 6 months!!! After the first 10 episodes, I am finding myself wishing that they had more than 24.

While I will write more detailed review later, for now, if you are not watching this and love feel-good, romantic stories that tug at your heart, go watch it now!

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Match Point
4 people found this review helpful
by Earth
Jul 26, 2026
10 of 10 episodes seen
Completed 2
Overall 7.5
Story 7.5
Acting/Cast 7.5
Music 7.0
Rewatch Value 7.5
This review may contain spoilers

This was fun-cute...kinda like Bad Buddy 2.0 with a twist

This is really cute ...I think they were trying a Bad Buddy 2 with a twist....the whole premise of two people seething with attraction for each other under the garb of rivalry always gets me...

BL-Needle Score: 8. Reasonably high BL-ness

This was mostly a lot of fluff, borderline rivalry, with a sprinkling of family drama and reunion plot. A reasonable balance of Thai OTT with delulu love. The School Principal declaring an 'emergency' to stop Bay-Sun's going viral and reaching their parents was too much ...lololol...she's the Fujoshi Mata 🥰

Teshow is a great find, and I'm sure he will go a long way in the days ahead 😍

Verdict: Watch

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Head 2 Head
2 people found this review helpful
by Earth
Oct 26, 2025
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 7.5
Acting/Cast 8.5
Music 7.0
Rewatch Value 7.5
This review may contain spoilers

This promises to be a fun riot and super cute!!! Reminds me of Bad Buddy!

The starting of this drama instantly reminded me of the big daddy of enemies-to-lovers series - Bad Buddy....and my Pookies Sea-Keen made me fall in love with it, as always!!

BL-needle Score: 8 High BL-ness

What's not to like!!... Sea-Keen with their delish chemistry, the endless banters, steeped in every known cute-trope possible, and a rest of the cast that is sooo easy on the eye....we definitely seem to have got a winner on our hands...

Sea-Keen are my favourite pair among the new ones from GMMTV...other than their bang-on chemistry, both have reasonably good acting skills that is improving with every drama, and they have also chosen diverse types of characters even when they have only done the same cutesy-tropey romance genre, which is quite commendable!

And the way Ep 1 ended...that's exactly what was prescribed - a car crash injury for J just serious enough to break his arm so that he has to be nursed, undressed, washed (wink wink), cared for, and melted to the exact temperature needed 😍 by the 'Boy of his dreams'

This looks all set to become my go to drama for tropey-comfort ...I knew my Pookies will not disappoint 🥰

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Khemjira
0 people found this review helpful
by Earth
Oct 12, 2025
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 8.5
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 8.5
Rewatch Value 7.5

Started okayish, and then got better and better...Keng will just take your breath away!

I'm beyond floored by Keng in this - he's plain divine...watch this, even if you like nothing else in this drama, though there are lots to love actually...it's worth watching just for him!

BL-needle score- 7.5 Reasonably high BL-ness

I had been waiting for Khemjira since the time I watched Keng in POaradise of Thorns...loved his portrayal there and have also been loving his singing...and then this dropped...NGL, I was and am still not convinced by Keng-Namping chemistry and this drama started slow on me, despite Keng...but it just got better and better and gave me enough reasons to watch it beyond just Keng....All the actors are doing a great job and the characters are all quite relatable (other than the fantasy elements off course)...and the entire caste is doing a fantastic job in making this fantasy-horror tale believable and enjoyable. The costumes, make-up, set design, cinematography, and art direction has been really good too, so is the coloring.

I loved Jet-Charn's pair....Tle and First are doing such a wonderful job with their act ...also love Jet and Khem's friendship....Green as the chief villain Ramphueng is also doing a great job...also all the other characters, immaterial to how much screen time they got, have been really good..grandma, the villagers, all of them....

But the best thing about this show is without doubt 'Por Kru' - Keng Harit!!...whether it is his acting, or his singing and how scorching he looks all through...he has you eating out of his hands!! Even if you watch this drama just to gawk at him, it's worth it!!

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Ongoing 4/8
Boy, with Caution
3 people found this review helpful
by Earth
10 days ago
4 of 8 episodes seen
Ongoing 0
Overall 8.5
Story 8.5
Acting/Cast 8.5
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 8.0
This review may contain spoilers

Dark, disturbing, and really good so far

I was half expecting the usual white-washed Korean School BL drama and this turned out to almost the polar opposite, and so damn good...be warned that this will make you disturbed and angry given the difficult and dark story, with substantial dose of abuse, bullying and repression...

BL-Needle Score: 6. Low BL-ness

Jang Gi-woo is a 32-year-old temporary high school teacher, who joins and immediately gets embroiled in a difficult play of power, drugs, bullying, and typical delinquent high school boy-rivalries..He is gay and seems to be hiding it from everyone, including his mom, with a fake marriage, etc....and also seems very wary given a past rumour-scandal involving a student...but with all that is troubling him, he can not but reach out to the helpless, bullied, abused and on the edge, Lee Hyeon-jae.....as the plot unfolds gradually that embroils fellow teachers, other students, and his own troubles, it all seems headed for a disaster....but Jang Gi-woo refuses to look away from the trauma and abuse that Lee seems to be living through...and to further complicate things, it seems like that the person he is speaking to one on a dating/friendship platform, might just be Lee.....

I'm hooked and I know we are headed for a lot of difficult, angering, and traumatising times ahead..but maybe with an ending that looks on with hope?

Verdict: Yes, Watch

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Ash
2 people found this review helpful
by Earth
Aug 15, 2026
9 of 9 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 7.5
Acting/Cast 9.5
Music 7.5
Rewatch Value 7.5
This review may contain spoilers

This could've been one of the best dramas of 2026, but slided towards the end. Still quite watchable

You can watch this for Fei Foon (Kingston) alone.....those eyes, the face card and the charm....he's the best find for me in this show....the high of this series hits you right from the start actually....the delish, toxic, red-flagey and scintillating chemistry ... the push-me-pull-me angst....and the insane face cards...Woooooof!!! Unfortunately, the script and execution does start sliding somewhat from Ep 6 onward....and it made me really sad because this drama started out so well.....the ending also seemed rushed with pacing issues, but still quite watchable overall. I hope we see more of the cast- all three leads, actors playing Fei Foon, Tou and Shawn - all of them were really good all through

BL-Needle Score: 8. High BL-ness

A tough undercover cop getting into a 'no-one-must-know' lust-love entanglement with young CEO who seems all shades of doubt, dark, and irresistible charm....with enough elements for conspiracies, scheming family members, big-company board politics, guns, blood, lust and angst-driven love....this had it all, but it seems to have fallen prey to budget and timeline constraints.

Also, I am so glad that did not use AI animations for flashbacks after that one instance in Episode 4 I think and replaced them with still images in later episodes..

Verdict: Watch

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Your Summer, My Storm
2 people found this review helpful
by Earth
Jul 14, 2026
10 of 10 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.5
Story 7.5
Acting/Cast 7.5
Music 7.5
Rewatch Value 7.5
This review may contain spoilers

One more to add to the Kawaii JBL gang..super cute, simple and wholesome

Super cute JBL Alert!!! I think this was just the kind I needed with so many bleak and dark ones airing...the Japanese Kawaaii 🥰

BL-Needle Score: 7. Reasonable BL-ness so far

The visuals and drift gives me vibes similar to Chosen Home, which was one of most favourite JBLs in the recent times.... though the story is less of slice of life-philosophy-coded in comedy kind that Chosen Home was, it just gives off the same lighthearted feel good...may be add a dash of 'family wholesome' ...maybe a cross between Chosen Home and School Trip: Joined a Group I’m Not Close To, if you know what I mean....even if the storyline hints that the brother will fall for the elder sister's boyfriend ...it doesn't look like there will be much of a hard feelings here given how casual Sota and Riyo's 'relationship' seems to be ...

I just loved the warm, close-knit their family and friends seem to be....and how Natsuki's fandom, his mom's friends immediately cheer him up after being dumped 🥰

I thoroughly enjoyed this. 💓

Verdict: Watch

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Dropped 3/4
Never Fair
0 people found this review helpful
by Earth
May 19, 2025
3 of 4 episodes seen
Dropped 0
Overall 4.5
Story 3.5
Acting/Cast 5.0
Music 5.0
Rewatch Value 4.0

Underwhelming

Why on earth would one want to make a series with not even a half-cooked script...beats me.....It seems like they just put together some trope scenes and thought it will suffice....maybe this could just work as a comic strip/manhwa, but as a live action show- NO.

BL-needle score: 8. Reasonably high BL-ness

Nothing much to write, the casting, the dialogues, the script, everything seems half-hearted and pointless. Even with a 8 minute length, or 13 minute (episode 3) it's a drag. Why waste so much effort and money...I wonder!!! My verdict - Nah, don't waste your time.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Duty First, Kiss Later
2 people found this review helpful
by Earth
Jul 27, 2026
10 of 10 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.5
Story 7.5
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 7.5
Rewatch Value 7.5
This review may contain spoilers

Go for it Shiono-kun....we are rooting for you!!!

Kawaaaiiiii....this surely lifts the blues...I enjoyed it quite a bit

BL-Needle Score - 9. Very High BL-ness

This is a mix of Love is Poison, Old-Fashion Cup Cake and several other OTT-Hilarious-Adorable JBLs....this is almot sure to win hearts for the lighthearted, unadulterated fun it promises to be

Takoi is a kindhearted, super-popular, and a tad messy cop in his forties who is constantly clashing with his junior, handsome-colleague Shiono, who seems a stickler for rules and mostly stone-faced. As soon as a potential date walks into Takoi's life, Shiono throws all caution to wind and says the 'Sukida' word..... and then we are set for an adorable-hilarious-messy ride that promises to keep us smiling and going 'awwwwwww'.

Verdict: Watch this for the fluff and messy

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Dropped 2/10
The Ex-Morning
10 people found this review helpful
by Earth
May 22, 2025
2 of 10 episodes seen
Dropped 0
Overall 6.0
Story 7.0
Acting/Cast 8.5
Music 7.0
Rewatch Value 5.0

A solid start - the Krist-Singto magic is back, or so I thought...sigh...Nah!

Ok, I took a very long time to admit that I just could not finish watching this one.....it lost steam super quick and no matter how much I promised myself to get back to it for the love of Singto.....I just couldn't continue to watch this...😥.....and here I am, after many months of denial, finally accepting that this was just bad and a disappointment....I'm leaving my original review after Ep 1 intact below just so you know I was excited and convinced, like so many others that this will deliver..but..sigh!!

Original Review after Ep 1:
Yaay!!! Finally Krist-Singto are back ...and they are back with what seems like a good script, enough potential for mushy moments and a slice of real-life ...The chemistry is still bang on and delicious.....this definitely promises to be an action-packed and entertaining show

Just a quick observation - Is it just me, or did they seem a tad awkward for that first peck on the cheeks?? Also, it was nice to see that gentle kiss, almost felt like we are back to the SOTUS days..:D

BL-needle score: 7. Reasonable Bl-ness so far

I don't think a lot needs to be said about the anticipation this show created, since most of us would anyway turn up to just gawk at the legendary pair.....beyond the chemistry of Krist-Singto, the show promises to be well-scripted and a mostly light-hearted story so far. Even though a weather forecast anchor with his own screaming fan club is a tad umm....extreme, I admit...but with looks like Krist's, well, it's at least not unimaginable....:P

I'm also betting that the show will likely have a slice of reality (read muck) from the entertainment-news media sector...the mad competition, the star tantrums, the realities of people behind the camera, etc. I'm glad that Krist took on a character which has more than its fair share of shadow elements...also, I'm sure as the show reveals more we will learn why Padtaphi turned out to be the way he is and what really transpired between him and Tamtawan....


For now, I will be glued on. :D

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Dropped 4/10
Love Destiny
4 people found this review helpful
by Earth
Jul 14, 2026
4 of 10 episodes seen
Dropped 4
Overall 6.5
Story 6.5
Acting/Cast 7.0
Music 7.0
Rewatch Value 5.5
This review may contain spoilers

Another time travel to ancient Thailand- BL drama which lost track after a few episodes

Even though I tried to show up for this, watch and support it so much, I just couldn't go on beyond episode 4.....at present the script coherence is all over the place, logic is razor thin, too many characters, too many sub-plots and too many couples to ship....its like the show has 4 directors who all want it to be a different story...I feel sorry for August and Leng, even the other cast members are good too, but with a lame script and storytelling you can only go so far

BL-Needle Score: 7.5 Reasonable BL-ness

I wanted to watch because firstly, I am a time-travel story-addict ever since IFYLITA left us hanging (going around in a never-to-be-found-closure loop I guess?)...secondly because I kinda like August (Addicted Heroine Thailand, Love Sick 2014) and feel that he never gets the really good roles...and thirdly, to support Leng who kinda got sidelined due to the hate he got for his pairing with Ohm...

A great doctor from the present times named Great, time travels to be in the body of Gaew (both played by Leng) an arrogant, and always angry orphan child of a noble man, who seems to be fuming all the time for no apparent reasons, or maybe there are reasons that we are yet to know....the guy ends up rubbing people the wrong way enough number of times for the guardians to unleash a deadly spell on him, which makes this soul swap happen...I'm not sure if Gaew's soul gets to inhabit the Great's body though....so episode one ends with the soul swap and the confused doctor waking up in Ayutthhaya kingdom times, with a whole lot of confusion and disbelief (Hello, IFYLITA, remember?)

This is directed by the same director as Interminable (which I didn't watch) and the Cursed Love (which I dropped). The script is not its strong point, the period effects are alright...but damn why do Thai dramas make the butterflies so damn fake even in this age of AI? First it was Flower Boy and now this one .

There are so many good shows airing right now, and I decided not to allot any more time to this. Dropped it

Verdict: Nah

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?