Such a joy watching this series! Suda Masaki is marvelous as the eccentric, good-hearted genius Totono. His acting lifts this whole series to a higher level. The story is engaging and consists of smaller 'cases' that need some mystery solving and an overarching main story. The focus is mainly on Totono, his personality and how he tries to solve the mysteries. But there are also some great supporting characters like Garou and Raika. It all made me wish I could stay longer in this whole Totono Holmes universe. Rooting for a season 2!
I really liked the movie. It's about the life of three kids from a mountain village in Taiwan. Slowly we get to know the boys, their homes and family situations. All three of them have a broken background. Mostly because of their parents or the lack thereof. Yet they are really enthusiastic and full of life and dreams. Just like boys from that age are. I loved it when they converse with eachother when there are no adults. It reminded me of being that age and their way of thinking. Their acting isn't super polished or top notch but it actually feels quite realistic because of that.
In the movie we get to see some sad moments but its also filled with happy and joyfull moments. Like the succes they have with illegally selling food for allowance money or when they go adventuring up the mountain (running from home). Especially their beautiful and kind physically disabled teacher Miss Lawa who they really love and is so loving to all the children who attend her afterschool care. It's like an escape from home for them.
The importance of making music is also a recurring theme in the movie. The boys are quite surprised when they find out Miss Lawa is a wonderful singer. It adds to the cute teacher 'crush' one of the boys has.
The makers of the movie also tried to show us a little about the customs and the way of living the inhabitants of the village have. Also about the tough life some of them live and the impact poverty has on the youth. All of this makes this movie a very entertaining watch and leaves you wanting to see more of the kids and the people around them.
It's quite spectacular that the 13 y/o delinquent boy in the first two episodes is played by actress Lee Yeon. Only figured that one out after finishing episode 10 and went curiously scrolling through the cast on MDL. I guess those 2 years juvenile detention didn't do him much good judging from the last scene... poor psycho
You should do what you think is best for you. Maybe some time in the future you'll be able to watch it. Or you can try and stop watching when you reach the later episodes when the mothers health begins to deteriorate. Whatever you decide, it's fine. Good luck!
Yes, I'm afraid she does. She's diagnosed with cancer. The drama is part her in her younger years caring for her son as a single mother and part him caring for his mother until they have to say goodbye in the end. Quite sad but there are a lot of beautiful and heartwarming moments in this drama so it's not overly sad.
I just love episode 26! Joy and sadness collide in this wonderful story. This really is life, isn't it? The car scene with the three of them listening and singing together is just happiness. Don't we all want to just stay in those moments?
This just takes my breath away. I decided to watch this movie because I really wanted to see it not even knowing all of this. I wasn't even aware it was based on a true story right.. So I watched it this evening and afterwards before going to bed I go and check some local news on my phone and one of the news items was a video with the title 'Chinese couple reunited with abducted son after 14-year' I kid you not. Right after watching this movie. And it's about them! [mind is blow at this point] Such a coincidence. I'm so happy for the reunited family. :)
Wonderful series so far! (15 episodes in) Good acting of both Dong Jie as the patient, strong and loving mother and Yin Fang as the kind, just and loyal son. They are very likeable characters. The overal vibe of the series is lovely. Calm pacing, touching and compelling. The storylines of both mother and son are followed with some back and forth time jumping. Despite the suggestive title, it's not too dramatic thus far but some sad things happen, but also a lot of happy times. Its overal focus is on the close relationship between mother and son and how they both individually try to find their way in life but always keeping the other in mind. I hope the next 15 episodes will be even better. Enjoy watching this guys!
In the movie we get to see some sad moments but its also filled with happy and joyfull moments. Like the succes they have with illegally selling food for allowance money or when they go adventuring up the mountain (running from home). Especially their beautiful and kind physically disabled teacher Miss Lawa who they really love and is so loving to all the children who attend her afterschool care. It's like an escape from home for them.
The importance of making music is also a recurring theme in the movie. The boys are quite surprised when they find out Miss Lawa is a wonderful singer. It adds to the cute teacher 'crush' one of the boys has.
The makers of the movie also tried to show us a little about the customs and the way of living the inhabitants of the village have. Also about the tough life some of them live and the impact poverty has on the youth. All of this makes this movie a very entertaining watch and leaves you wanting to see more of the kids and the people around them.
The couple who lead the 'Missing Child Support Group' in the movie, the real 'Han De Zhong' and his wife (Sun Haiyang and Peng Siying) have found their son, Sun Zhuo, after fourteen years!! It's all over the news!
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/china/chinese-parents-reunited-abducted-son-14-year-search-inspired-hit-movi-rcna8385
I really don't know if I should put a spoiler tag on this but I guess not right? ;)
This just takes my breath away. I decided to watch this movie because I really wanted to see it not even knowing all of this. I wasn't even aware it was based on a true story right.. So I watched it this evening and afterwards before going to bed I go and check some local news on my phone and one of the news items was a video with the title 'Chinese couple reunited with abducted son after 14-year' I kid you not. Right after watching this movie. And it's about them! [mind is blow at this point] Such a coincidence. I'm so happy for the reunited family. :)