K-Drama
The Impossible Heir
I am surprised that Wedding Impossible got a better rating than the Impossible Heir.This is a good series, if you watch each episode attentively. My observation and opinion of the series.
The story does not drift from its themes.
There is a reason for the main characters forming a friendship. Their lives had similar beginnings.
The FL's character portrays that she is not one to be swayed by her emotions. She does not show how vulnerable she really is. She is unaffectionate, and does not depend on any of the male leads. No one can guess what she is thinking or feeling. Hence, her team leader disliked her, because he could not read through her. (This gives the viewers an understanding of her personality) This is probably why her acting is criticized.
Male lead, Tae-ho. Character portrays that he is naive but strong. He is strategic, but desires nothing. Everything to him is about survival.
Other male lead, In-Ho. His character portrays that he wants acknowledgement. Viewers are already introduced to his attention seeking personality in the first episode (stealing and bulling) yet his attempts still does not get him the acknowledgement he wants. Furthermore, his insecurities arouses his jealousy of Tae-Ho. His friend should stay below him. This is also introduced in the first episode (0.1% in the national mock test exam)
All the supporting actors were good at their roles, especially Kang In-Ho's sister. Loved it.
Music, I really don't pay attention to music in series.
I never rewatch any series I've already watch.
Overall series. Like every story, this has themes, climax, and a thoughtful ending. This is a good series. Watch it on Disney Channel to perceive it yourself :)
Was this review helpful to you?
Monotonous
My opinion of this series.- Quick plot: The villians, their relationship, their intentions, are exposed in the early episodes (1 - 4) Thereafter, it seems the screenwriter ran out of ideas and thumb sucked the rest of the episodes. This is what makes the rest of the episodes monotonous.
Even the villians were drinking tea out of boredom, because they already achieved their goal.
The series should be named "Kings of tears." The male actors are crying in every episode.
The FL should have been made the villian - she is skilled at it, hence her role in the series "The Heirs "
She is not good at being affectionate or showing emotions.
The ML was behaving as if it's "HIS" last days on earth. Viewers should be informed that the ML has swallowed a river.
The aunt of the FL is an "overacto"r
The rest of the acting was partially okay.
The music was nice.
Rewatching is not worth it, unless I feel like irritating myself.
Was this review helpful to you?
Brilliant Romance Comedy
I have watched this series 4 times. It is quite diverse with Taiwanese (second ML) and Korean (ML) actorsThe story line is good. I laughed and cried each time I watched it.
Korean male actors in chinese dramas.
The acting is brilliant. I think the chinese male actors can learn some acting skills from the Korean actors. Their facial and body gestures communicates without words. The way they express their emotions, its really inviting.
Second ML and FL, their acting was really good.
The acting of the villian was not good in the first episodes, but improved.
The devil is in the details
The ML pays closed attention to the FL's every action, hence, he informs the doctor that she often falls asleep and ask for a full medical examination.
Furthermore, after doing research of her illness, he sets "share location" on her phone to find her if she has an attack.
I love his attentiveness.
The FL, she does not exaggerate her tomboy role. While she is naive, innocent, humble, strong willed and has a sense of justice - she lacks self confidence. She is really very cute.
In my opinion and experience as a "Tomboy"- her mother sees her as a tomboy, therefore, giving her a tongue - lashing instead of comfort because she is accustomed to doing so. However, she is aware that her daughter prefer to silently cry by herself.
The rest of the acting by the other actors - 👍
Was this review helpful to you?
Too predictable
Sex seres sells.I think I watched too many American movies. This is why I think this series is too predicatable to me and not origional.
The he story line is EXACTLY like the American movie; "Friends with benifits."
It is an EXCLUSIVE casual connection between two people who are coleagues and share physical intimacy. He made it clear he has no time for romantic entanglement.
The End.
Was this review helpful to you?
Loving this series
Looking at the bad ratings with full essays written without even finishing the series.This series is exactly what its title is "Against The Current"
Its about empowering oneself. Make the best of what is in your own control (She makes use of her knowledge learned from her scholars or tutors and her family of officials, Her father was an official in the ministry of justice.)
Take responsibility for your own action (lduty, loyalty and integrity) and not trying to empower yourself through marriage, evil schemes, or stealing. Surving , striving and rising above adversity or any situation.
This series getting more interesting. I think episode 25 should get a "Sub title" - The Retribution of the Rebel Emperor 🙃
It feels like her deceased family souls can finally be put to rest.
I'm waiting for the next episodes which I will name - "The Lin families betrayal of the Shen family." 🤪
Ep 29: The slap at the wedding and FL not acknowledging his family is justified.
Then, I like her coldness as I can get to see his clingy, cute and childish side. Does he think his wife will stab him with a sewing needle? Why do I feel he is a little afraid of her? 🤭
The change in him.
He started wearing plain clothes.
He is so happy about the coat her mother made for him and that he finally gets to wear it to meet her parents. 🥰
He shows her parents that he has a frugal side of him as he was away from home most of his life protecting the borders.
Ep 30: The Capital
He drugs and takes her with him to the Capital. He was afraid to leave in the Lin residence since his elders does not acknowledge her as his wife. I think he was afraid they would mistreat her.
He even demonstrate how he tricked her into thinking he drank the wine.
His eldest sister lives in the deceased Shen family home. 😔
This, again remind her of the Lin family breaking off the engagement.
I also note that he has never been to the Shen residence, as he explains that the emperor granted him the residence recently.
The eldest sister story is about to begin...
Was this review helpful to you?
Good watch
Despite the popular actors, in fact I dont care much for popular actors as long as the storyline is original and can keep me in suspense.Estelle Chen from "Love like the Galaxy" should have been part of the 'main leads' as she is intrinsically linked to the FL. I really love the tension between Estelle's and Zhou's as this really brings out their brilliant acting skills.
Im just disappointed that these girls didnt get swords 🤭
Instead, Zhou is used as a knife in someones hand.
I love the ML and FL obvious suspicion of each other and their flirting and even their subtle care (which viewers cant really tell) for each other.
Episode 1: "Don't tell me you've forgotten me already?"
The script writer is good at playing with my mind with this line from the ML
I am still confused whether he is talking about their past (childhood sweetheart) or present meeting.
Did he recognise her?
In Episode 4 is another maze of enigma for me.
I found his extreme anger at the nanny for beating her, him protecting her, and his possessiveness puzzling too. Is he protecting his childhood sweetheart or a stranger he only presently had interactions with?
So, as a viewer, I love this "tickle your mind" storyline. It keeps me looking forward to another episode.
Was this review helpful to you?
This review may contain spoilers
Brilliant
I loved every episode.It is a must watch.
The story line is original. The acting is amazing.
Overall, I can rewatch this series several times and still feel as if I am watching it for the first time.
The ML (in all his series) he is so affectionate
Elvira is my bias, her acting is always natural and never exaggerate.
So, give it a watch. 😉
Was this review helpful to you?
Female Lead Actor
I sympathised with Zhang Ruo Nan when people critized her acting skills in certain series, but I have to agreed with them.Her acting has never improved, it still feels as if she is an amature.
A quote about her acting that I have read;
"As a viewer, I cannot feel her emotions or hear the mood. She needs to improve on attracting her audiences attention.* [sic]
Some good series with the best male actors, and Zhang Ruo as the main role. These series got bad ratings despite its brilliant storyline.
- Everyone wants to meet you. Good acting by, Zhang Zhe Han and Riley Wang.
- Defying the storm. Good acting by Hu Yi Tan and Zhang He
- A date with the future. Acting by my brilliant William Chan
Luo Leo in this drama, and all the series he has starred in, he is instrumental at what he does. Unfortunately, he has to work extra hard when him and the FL has no chemistry.
A few series that he was paired with the wrong FL and cost the series poor ratings. However, the acting
- Broker best actress Victoria Song.
- Lie To Love worst actress Cheng Xiao.
- Light Chaser Rescue. Janice Wu.
- Love is Panacea Ruo Nan
Leo acting is fantastic along with the second FL and ML, including supporting roles. #GreatCastingThere
Was this review helpful to you?
This review may contain spoilers
Never Disappointed
She is all grown up. Her acting is brilliantly poetrayed as someone who suffered due to Season 1.A social outcast because she lacks trust in others due to Season 1.
She is still upset with her uncle because of what she experienced in Season 1.
Overall it is BRILLIANT!!! The script writers, and directors 👌
Was this review helpful to you?