News
This review may contain spoilers
Went downhill faaaast
I cant fathom how this went downhill this fast. Sooooo many things that are just plain fucking stupid. I need to list them because if not i am going insane:1. When he talked to the old man in the elevator. I get it its suppossed to be a smart revelation later, but fucking nobody would just overhear hear this and be like "ah makes sense, lets not force him to explain this" and obvious he then hinders their plan.
2. Him getting bitten and all of these idiots bot questioning it. Like are we not exploring why the creator can be bitten and is still able to think
3. jCW sister not being strapped back to back to him and given a weapon, her fucking arms work and centering her weight would make a lotta more sense
4. Them FINALLY figuring out that he communicates with them and they dont think about just knocking him out?!?!?!?
5. When they were in the kitchen no one stepped in to stop them from talking and ofc he then could kill the sister
6. They figured he can control them in a way, see through them and they still choose to text through a group chat were he has access too, and the murderous brother as well
7. Honestly this one is one of the worst: WHY DO THEY NEED THE PHONE OF THE COP, CALL THE FUCKING POLICE AND TELL THEM YOU ARE THE PEOPLE IN THE BUILDING
8. Why do they move as a big group all the time after seeing multiple times that the bully is useless and gets people killed.
9. Why is the brother all of a sudden so murderous, I get that rage does a lot to you, but multiple times they treated the monsters as patients, as someone you could safe, in no way he suddenly is able to kill without remorse
10. I get it, I get it, its for the plot and for looking nice. But why was JCW fast when killing the monsters but when its about killing KKH he slows down, watches him and gives him a chance to stop him
11. They rescuers had control of the cameras, even if there is none completly in the direction of the mass of people protecting Patentient 0, but someone must have been watching the area where he is and must have seen that suddenly there are 100 of people collecting there and still they send in a rescue team.
12. While were on the point of cameras, they must have been watching KKH moves all the time and still the overlooked him taking out the rescue team and using them to escape?!?!?
13. A fucking zipline?!?!? ofc lets give alle the monsters easy access to the building next door instead of using... idk a fuxking hellicopter?!?!?
14. why was he able to just drive through all checkpoints?!?!?
15. why was a fuckinf bus blocking the monsters?!?! They could have crawled under it or stacked on top of each other
16. They learned the monsters have collective intelligence and instead of telling the people outsie to lure them out and feed wrong information they do - nothing????
17. Her being a professor was useful for 4 sentences and then they just dropped that???
the movie had soooo much potential but had to be stupid for the sake of the plot which is a sign of weak writing. So many cool ideas that where thrown over because no one looked at the plot and changed it to make sense. I hate people being stupid for the plot. There were so many more things that bothered me but i am so annyoed i cant list them all.
I think if this was a series it would have been better, because it would have been given time to explore the topics more and build stronger characters that then prb don't become stupid for the plot
The movie was still addicting, and the ideas were great but the writing was soooo weak
Was this review helpful to you?
This review may contain spoilers
How fast can a Drama go downhill?
This is my first review, so bear with me.I enjoyed the first episodes, the characters were mostly complex, they had a goal and the leads had chemistry.
I would say everything went downhill when he colored his hair brown (Why is that such a common trope? Could the leads please keep their colored hair, they always look so good. Nvm). Even in the first ep. he had abusive tendencies and there I already knew that my rating wouldnt go above 9, but sometimes they have such a good chemistry that I will watch it even though I mostly despise these scenes. And ohh man they had chemistry, The first 4 to 5 episodes they had so much skin ship and banter that i was ready and happy for more in the later episodes, but suddenly it stopped and with it their chemistry.
Suddenly all they did was scream at each other and be jealous little kids. Especially his screams and anger tantrums were extreme and I hated them so much.
The lead actors and the sfl were all very good actors and they potrayed emotions very well but in the later half the script didnt do them justice. The rest were mediocre to even bad, especially Kangnam (As if there are not enough thai actors or even idols that could act better, but understandably if no one wanted to play this stereotypical character.) did an incredibly bad job.
The rl was so intriguing in the first ep. and the sfl had an enough likable character for the typical 2010s sfl, but suddenly everyone changed for the worst, no one had goals anymore. Why doesnt he want to go to finland anymore, why doesnt she want to cook anymore?
And where went the skin ship? Like the accidentally touched in the first 4 episodes more than in the rest of the episodes combined. Also there were so many characters and scenes that were totally unrelated to character or plot development.
I will add more when I thought about it more, but in conclusion: This is a disappointment that went downhill the farther we got into the series.
Was this review helpful to you?
