I'm on ep 13 and find this drama to be top quality. Acting, plot, pace, camera work, direction, scenery, everything is so satisfying. The characters are believable, their development comes naturally, the whole thing clicks together. So far, this is probably the best drama on the growing up / generational conflict theme I've come across. Just as well I didn't go by the rating, which I find incomprehensible. To me, this is a 9, easily.
EDIT: I've now finished this series and stand by my above rating. I thoroughly enjoyed it, it's very well acted by all main and support actors/actresses. The characters are likeable even with their flaws and all, although I have to say I was relieved to see the ML's mother out of the picture. I will rewatch this series in future.
This is the Koreaboo method: FIND RANDOM MALICIOUS COMMENTS MADE IN SOCIAL MEDIA AND CONCOCT A FABRICATED STORY…
Lily Malice's role in their profile is stated as editor. I'm inferring he/she is the person who actually runs this site, it's the only explanation as to why he/she systematically has an inordinate amount of gutter press articles published despite all the negative feedback from users.
Perhaps the solution would be to completely ignore their posts, zero comments, until they get the message.
LOL, how pretentious are you? 'Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty' applies perfectly to you. I only understand too well your very poor argument. Again, you don't get to change the meaning of the pronoun 'we' so you can win the argument.
This husband is always in a sick or injured state. Great marquis and we never see him take down any powerful enemy…
He takes down the most powerful and skilful of all, Wei Yan. He also defeats and imprisons Sui Yuan Qing. His grand entrance in the capital is because he defeated the enemy's great army.
Speak for yourself! I hate that use of the royal "we", who are you to speak for others? I for one completely…
Indeed, but instead of recognising their mistake and moving on, they are trying to change the meaning of words so they can win the argument. It's a bit cringy. LOL
What an absurd non-argument.. You don't get to change the meaning of words so you can win the argument. And talking about 'conceptual', try to grasp the concept of the personal pronoun 'we' .
Speak for yourself! I hate that use of the royal "we", who are you to speak for others? I for one completely…
No, there isn't a separate meaning to the personal pronoun 'we' unless you add a qualifing/specifing word, locution or sentence. You don't get to change the meaning of words so you can win the argument.
If the Chinese entertainment industry listens to these suggestions, it would be wonderful. We are tired of seeing…
Speak for yourself! I hate that use of the royal "we", who are you to speak for others? I for one completely disagree with your comment, I love wuxia and xianxia dramas and am all for aesthetic presentation. Give me beautiful people and gorgeous costumes any time.
lord, let fiction stay in ficftion i guess? god forbid a character is made to cater female gaze for once. these…
The funny thing is he actually shows masculine vigour, the difference is he does it effortlessly and without turning into an orc. His fighting scenes are awesome, he's the one man his super strong wife cannot defeat in combat, he stands by his principles, he takes orders from nobody including the uncle who raised him and he threatens to depose the emperor when the eunuch arrives with a decree to marry him to the royal princess. I can't imagine how much more manly they want him to be.
Maybe I'm a bit dense here when it comes to cosmetics worn by actors in C-Dramas; but to me, ZLH looks no more…
I'm going to have a guess about those 'hidden' reasons for their displeasure. An army general accepting a matrilocal marriage without feeling his masculinity threatened? His wife defeating in combat and killing the biggest and fiercest brute of a general in the enemy army? His wife shining in her own victorious parade and him being so happy and proud of her?
If any or all of the above are their 'hidden' reasons, either they are a very misogynistic bunch or they have a very fragile/insecure masculinity. Or both.
I agree that there is no point in comparing dramas that have nothing to do with each other. I also have to call…
'I did not like how they never gave the ML’s character any teeth'. Really? Well, when the emperor sent his arrogant eunuch with a decree for the ML forcing him to marry the royal princess, his response was: "Tell the emperor if he doesn't want to sit on the throne I can easily find someone else to take his place. Seventeen years ago Wei Yan helped him onto the dragon throne. Today, I can easily pull him down". Then the ML sent the arrogant eunuch back, minus one ear he cleanly cut off when said arrogant eunuch tried to lecture him . No teeth, huh? I take it you didn't watch that episode. I rewatched that scene alone at least 5 times, simply superb. Ep 32, starting at 09:30. Magnificent performances by all actors involved.
EDIT: I've now finished this series and stand by my above rating. I thoroughly enjoyed it, it's very well acted by all main and support actors/actresses. The characters are likeable even with their flaws and all, although I have to say I was relieved to see the ML's mother out of the picture. I will rewatch this series in future.
Perhaps the solution would be to completely ignore their posts, zero comments, until they get the message.
If any or all of the above are their 'hidden' reasons, either they are a very misogynistic bunch or they have a very fragile/insecure masculinity. Or both.
Watching a fictional drama and then bitching on Weibo about the ML actor is not the display of masculinity you think it is.
You are welcome.