I don't understand Why the Female lead moved in with her toxic GU Family. They are all parasites and will bleed…
CYY asked GYZ's mother to send her to the capital. When she moved in with the awful Gu family, GYZ stayed because she wanted to protect her mother from the jealous concubine. After her mother died, she went back to the Gu house to reclaim her mother's dowry on the instructions of her grandmother.
As for the 3 concubines you mention, I know nothing about that and it would surprise me if she did as you say, it'd be completely against character.
Gu Grandmother literally has zero faith in her own high-value granddaughter, which honestly feels quite shortsighted…
Yep. And it was frequently the case that those nobles were useless parasites who had lost to gambling and witless investments the fortunes they inherited, couldn't even sort themselves out, contributed nothing to society and needed to state their self-perceived superiority constantly because they were jealous of those successful merchants who had cleverly made a pile of money for themselves.
This drama be testing my patience 😤FINALLY my sugarplums wedding 🥰💍BUT why the hell did we get 2 episodes…
Yes, indeed. The FL should have applied for a restriction order on that massive red flag right after he whipped her, taking him as best friend just invited more violence from him as he amply proved afterwards. It is disgusting that the writers are portraying an abuser as someone who deserves empathy.
Gu Grandmother literally has zero faith in her own high-value granddaughter, which honestly feels quite shortsighted…
That's because they are both prejudiced, petty and stingy, but they are not clever. In fact they are both quite thick, that's why they cannot see beyond 'here and now'.
Speak for yourself! I hate that use of the royal "we", who are you to speak for others? I for one completely…
Speaking for others is a breach of the most basic forum etiquette, so no, this is not nitpicking and has nothing to do with whether I agree with the OP's view or not. Furthermore, it looks like you are the one who are triggered by the fact that I called her out for her stubborn doubling down and trying to change the meaning of words just to win her argument instead of simply rectifying her mistake and moving on. I will leave this subthread now as your attitude strikes me as childish. Good bye,
Can someone explain to me why she burned her coming of age gifts?
Because they were an attempted bribe from her father to get her to agree to marry that Lin guy, even though he knew the guy was a lecherous abuser. Basically, those presents were her dowry, but only if she married the lecher. He tried to treat his daughter as chattel in order to build up his nasty little network. He's just a witless POS.
Speak for yourself! I hate that use of the royal "we", who are you to speak for others? I for one completely…
In this specific sub-thread we are discussing the use of the pronoun 'we' by the. OP. Unless a qualifier/specifier is added, the OP is speaking for everybody in the thread. If you want to refer to a specific group you need to say something like 'those of us who don't like...' etc. I hope this helps.
Because there are so many insane fans that posting someone's name is akin to putting them in harm's way as it…
The defendant has been forced by a court order to publish an official apology on his/her Weibo account. In other words, he/she has been ordered to publish his/her identity on said social platform. Even if they use a fake name in their account, hackers will be able to get their details in no time.
I agree, underwhelming is the very least I can say. This should have been a 20 eps series.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm afraid I've had enough of this Ren guy. From my POV, he cannot act to save his life, he can only frown and stare into the void. The only expression he can master is 'expressionless'. This drama is quickly becoming another train wreck and he's one of the main reasons, the other one being the ridiculous direction and editing.
I agree, underwhelming is the very least I can say. This should have been a 20 eps series.
For me, 20 tops. Those 2 eps are not the only ones that have been meh IMO, I'm up to 18 and a few of them have been dragging along with meaningless side/filler subplots. We've had quite a few eps of the immortality pills and now that's dissolved into nothing too. I don't like the ML actor either, I find him wooden; I watched Love And Crown with him as ML and that was a train wreck, so I don't think I'll watch anything else he's in.. I'll persevere with this one for a couple more eps to see if it gets any better, but I predict I'l drop it.
This is how someone should use someone's weakness to their advantage while our prince knows such a big thing about…
On ep 1the drama introduced grand prince Yi An as the most beloved royal. That's the character's description, he is the most popular and best liked by the people of all royals.
I understand the frustration. I think its a culture difference issue. There are some aspects of the Korean culture…
I understand your point and agree that traditional Korean culture is patriarchal, most cultures are. I just found the characters personalities inconsistent or even at odds with their behaviour. From my POV there was a constant lack of logical development with most of them, and this was so regardless of their cultural traits.
I understand the frustration. I think its a culture difference issue. There are some aspects of the Korean culture…
I'm aware of Korean culture. It still doesn't explain why a capable, intelligent, beautiful woman would fall for such a dishonourable toad who completely lacks any redeeming feature, let alone charm. Or why a strong, determined young woman would put up with an asshole of a boyfriend who treats her like property and refuses to take no for an answer, especially bearing in mind she's not that crazy about him. Also, I am not aware of Korean culture demonising a single father, I don't think that's a thing.
How members of a family address each other has nothing to do with my comment, that could be explained by them just automatically using traditional address.
to the new wave of ppl coming here to check out ZLH's works from Pursuit of Jade, welcome!!In case you're wondering…
Thank you for the explanation. I am on ep 13 and I've been hooked from the first one. I actually came looking for comments on the low rating, because I couldn't understand it. Shame on those who organised the mass downvoting, it's a seriously good drama, a 9.5 for me so far.
As for the 3 concubines you mention, I know nothing about that and it would surprise me if she did as you say, it'd be completely against character.
How members of a family address each other has nothing to do with my comment, that could be explained by them just automatically using traditional address.