I LOVE how this drama handled the ending. It wrapped up the “main” Hu Xing conflict early, then spent the final 4 episodes unpacking the history behind every feud. No random loose ends, no half-assed explanations—EVERYTHING was meticulously tied together. Honestly, such a refreshing change from dramas that end the main conflict and leave you with 17 unanswered questions.
BUT EXCUSE ME???
WE WERE ROBBED. ROBBED. ROBBED. 😭😭😭
QING YUAN AND SHEN RUN FINALLY GET MARRIED AND THAT’S IT?! WHERE IS MY MARRIED LIFE?! WHERE ARE MY GIDDY MOMENTS?! MY DOMESTIC FLIRTING?! MY “I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU’RE MY WIFE/HUSBAND” MOMENTS?! AFTER EVERYTHING THEY WENT THROUGH, YOU GIVE ME THE FISH VILLAGE AND CREDITS???
WDYM??? IS THAT A MEMORY?! DID THEY ACTUALLY GO BACK?! WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME FIGURE THIS OUT MYSELF?! I DEMAND MY HAPPY MARRIED COUPLE CONTENT. 😭
Nevertheless, still a 9/10 because Qing Yuan & Shen Run’s tension and chemistry were INSANE—and that damn ASMR voice of Shen Run??? ILLEGAL LEVELS OF PERFECTION. 😭
Who is higher in status bw yan rui or commissioner hu?
imo, its yan rui cause of his dialogue of "you, a mere commissioner dare to stop the palace guards?", and also he has the backing of the Emperor himself lol
Oh, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the humiliation Shen Run gave Commissioner Hu in this scene 😭😭 Commissioner Hu really walked in there thinking he owned the entire world, that everyone would tremble at his authority and immediately submit to whatever he said. And then Shen Run basically went, “Oh? You want to stop the palace guards? Fine. Let me just bring out this little thing called an IMPERIAL EDICT.” 💀😭
The way Commissioner Hu’s entire attitude shifted when Shen Run calmly asked him whether he intended to defy the imperial edict??? I WAS SCREAMING. 😭😭 Shen Run didn’t even need to argue with him. He just casually put the Emperor’s authority right in front of his face and suddenly Commissioner Hu had absolutely nowhere to go.
Because what was he supposed to do?! Stop the imperial guards and openly defy the Emperor?! HAHAHAHA. He really thought everyone had to bow to him, only for Shen Run to remind him that there is ALWAYS someone above him.
And Shen Run’s expression was basically: “You thought you were untouchable? Interesting. Now, Commissioner Hu, go ahead and tell me how exactly you plan to defy His Majesty.” 😭😭
The whole scene was giving: “Oh, you thought you were the most powerful person in the room? Cute. Look who has the bigger backing now, bitch.”*💀💀 Shen Run didn’t just win the confrontation—he made Commissioner Hu realise, in front of everyone, that his supposed untouchable authority had a very obvious limit. AND I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT. 😭🔥
So it seems Shen Run actually holds a higher position than Hu Xing? Especially since Shen Run said to him, “You, a mere Commissioner, dare to stop the palace guards?” That line really makes it sound like Shen Run outranks him.
Also, I love for a fact that Shen Run doesn't care abt anything lol, he's backed by the Emperor after all
Presenting the jade means he's not Yan Rui. Is there any reason to keep the Yan Rui cover? To find the mastermind?…
From what I understand, the jade is meant to grant its holder command over the Imperial Guards. The Marquis’ troops, however, are separate from the Imperial Guards and remain under the Marquis’ command. So, having the jade would not automatically give someone authority over the Marquis’ troops.
evil, everyone of them is evil except the eldest sister and her mom(? not sure with this one since i have read…
Thank you! i know it was actually the “Madam Hu” that framed XQY’s mother…do you mind telling me in what way is the father evil? and whether he will actually accept her as his daughter?
BUT EXCUSE ME???
WE WERE ROBBED. ROBBED. ROBBED. 😭😭😭
QING YUAN AND SHEN RUN FINALLY GET MARRIED AND THAT’S IT?! WHERE IS MY MARRIED LIFE?! WHERE ARE MY GIDDY MOMENTS?! MY DOMESTIC FLIRTING?! MY “I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU’RE MY WIFE/HUSBAND” MOMENTS?! AFTER EVERYTHING THEY WENT THROUGH, YOU GIVE ME THE FISH VILLAGE AND CREDITS???
WDYM??? IS THAT A MEMORY?! DID THEY ACTUALLY GO BACK?! WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME FIGURE THIS OUT MYSELF?! I DEMAND MY HAPPY MARRIED COUPLE CONTENT. 😭
Nevertheless, still a 9/10 because Qing Yuan & Shen Run’s tension and chemistry were INSANE—and that damn ASMR voice of Shen Run??? ILLEGAL LEVELS OF PERFECTION. 😭
Anyone can translate their dialogues? I'm curious at what Xie Shu said here
Oh, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the humiliation Shen Run gave Commissioner Hu in this scene 😭😭 Commissioner Hu really walked in there thinking he owned the entire world, that everyone would tremble at his authority and immediately submit to whatever he said. And then Shen Run basically went, “Oh? You want to stop the palace guards? Fine. Let me just bring out this little thing called an IMPERIAL EDICT.” 💀😭
The way Commissioner Hu’s entire attitude shifted when Shen Run calmly asked him whether he intended to defy the imperial edict??? I WAS SCREAMING. 😭😭 Shen Run didn’t even need to argue with him. He just casually put the Emperor’s authority right in front of his face and suddenly Commissioner Hu had absolutely nowhere to go.
Because what was he supposed to do?! Stop the imperial guards and openly defy the Emperor?! HAHAHAHA. He really thought everyone had to bow to him, only for Shen Run to remind him that there is ALWAYS someone above him.
And Shen Run’s expression was basically: “You thought you were untouchable? Interesting. Now, Commissioner Hu, go ahead and tell me how exactly you plan to defy His Majesty.” 😭😭
The whole scene was giving: “Oh, you thought you were the most powerful person in the room? Cute. Look who has the bigger backing now, bitch.”*💀💀 Shen Run didn’t just win the confrontation—he made Commissioner Hu realise, in front of everyone, that his supposed untouchable authority had a very obvious limit. AND I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT. 😭🔥
Also, I love for a fact that Shen Run doesn't care abt anything lol, he's backed by the Emperor after all
Shen Run: I want things between us to be improper
and honestly, why am I giggling hearing that? HAHAHHAHA
cmiiw