Another movie I've quickly grown to love. Man... why do the bittersweet stories attract me like a moth to a flame?
Ikr!! Me too!
I guess for me it's cause the pain and suffering really makes me understand/ reminds me of how deep love and emotions can be, and the power such emotions/feelings and love actually hold. Especially in the world that we are living in today, where many casually throw words like "love", "forever" etc. and not realize that relationships take effort not only to build one but to maintain a healthy one as well. I see many people throw away all that they had built together like it was nothing only cause to them it did not feel like a "fairytale" but what they do not realise is that relationships are not a fairytale, they are real , and in real life there will always be ups and downs and to make things work the people in a relationship need to put in effort everyday, and obviously not consider it as a "task" but should instead do it out of love.
Bittersweet stories make me realise that this is real life, and in real life we dont always get a happy ending or an ending that we were hoping for but atleast we lived, loved, laughed, had our owns lows in life and learnt our lessons too, what's important is the memories that we get to keep forever with us.
This reminds me of the saying which goes something like this: You only realize the value of something when you dont have it anymore. So I guess to me it's something similar. when I cry while watching a movie/drama, it makes me realise or reminds me that love is wayyy more powerful and wayyy more deep than what I actually thought, and I find that beautiful.
So sorry for this huge comment. I was planning on re-watching this movie today and that's when I came across your comment an d it just made me want to type the first thing that came to my mind.
One needs to understand regarding the slow burn.For a lonely person, everything moves much slower as the person…
I guess they were playing "Love of Siam" in the outdoor cinema scene.
It was released in 2007 and if I am not wrong , it was the first/one of the first few films to be released on big screens in Thailand which had gay romance between the leads. Surprisingly it was well received by the public.
"The fact that the gay romance storyline was not apparent from the film's promotional material initially caused controversy, but the film was received with critical acclaim and proved financially successful. It dominated Thailand's 2007 film awards season, winning the Best Picture category in all major events." & "Writer/director Chookiat Sakveerakul admitted the film was marketed on the film posters and in the film's previews as a straight romance because he wanted it to reach a wider audience." ~ (Source: Wikipedia)
Hi! Everyone is probably used to seeing me here already. I jotted some thoughts down for this episode but my mind…
I absolutely loved your comment !! I've loved every bit of IFYLITA so far <3 I assume you've read the novel, are there any English translations of the novel available ? If yes, could you please tell me where I could read the translated novel from or provide me with a link or something?
Hey, if you don't mind me asking, what were the other two?
Thank you I personally liked Gap, wasn't my favorite but definitely a good series and you can give it a go. Taking into consideration how we don't get to see a lot of GLs in the Thai industry, the production team has done a really good job with this series so I would recommend you give it a go.
Hey, if you don't mind me asking, what were the other two?
Thank you very much for the recommendations and for sharing your story with me. I agree that these dramas have a unique way of connecting with different people for different reasons and also giving us a different perspective of life and that's why I wanted to know your tops dramas/movies. And I'm glad to know that these dramas have helped you in your journey of embracing and cherishing the little moments in life. I wish you all the happiness and hope you continue finding the different meanings of life and exploring what the world has to offer. And thank you once again for these lovely recommendations!! <3 <3
I guess for me it's cause the pain and suffering really makes me understand/ reminds me of how deep love and emotions can be, and the power such emotions/feelings and love actually hold. Especially in the world that we are living in today, where many casually throw words like "love", "forever" etc. and not realize that relationships take effort not only to build one but to maintain a healthy one as well. I see many people throw away all that they had built together like it was nothing only cause to them it did not feel like a "fairytale" but what they do not realise is that relationships are not a fairytale, they are real , and in real life there will always be ups and downs and to make things work the people in a relationship need to put in effort everyday, and obviously not consider it as a "task" but should instead do it out of love.
Bittersweet stories make me realise that this is real life, and in real life we dont always get a happy ending or an ending that we were hoping for but atleast we lived, loved, laughed, had our owns lows in life and learnt our lessons too, what's important is the memories that we get to keep forever with us.
This reminds me of the saying which goes something like this: You only realize the value of something when you dont have it anymore.
So I guess to me it's something similar. when I cry while watching a movie/drama, it makes me realise or reminds me that love is wayyy more powerful and wayyy more deep than what I actually thought, and I find that beautiful.
So sorry for this huge comment. I was planning on re-watching this movie today and that's when I came across your comment an d it just made me want to type the first thing that came to my mind.
It was released in 2007 and if I am not wrong , it was the first/one of the first few films to be released on big screens in Thailand which had gay romance between the leads.
Surprisingly it was well received by the public.
"The fact that the gay romance storyline was not apparent from the film's promotional material initially caused controversy, but the film was received with critical acclaim and proved financially successful. It dominated Thailand's 2007 film awards season, winning the Best Picture category in all major events." & "Writer/director Chookiat Sakveerakul admitted the film was marketed on the film posters and in the film's previews as a straight romance because he wanted it to reach a wider audience." ~ (Source: Wikipedia)
I'm so confused :/
I personally liked Gap, wasn't my favorite but definitely a good series and you can give it a go. Taking into consideration how we don't get to see a lot of GLs in the Thai industry, the production team has done a really good job with this series so I would recommend you give it a go.