K-Drama
Great watch....light and hilarious
This drama is seriously underrated. I don't remember the last time I laughed out loud this much—it was such a fun watch. I loved the dynamic between Lim Hyun-joon (Lee Jung-jae) and Wi Jeong-sin (Lim Ji-yeon), and their enemies-to-lovers journey was so entertaining that I was genuinely excited for every next episode. All 16 episodes just flew by.His friendship with his manager and director was great too—the supporting cast added so much heart to the show.
The only negative? The investigation subplot. It's not even the main focus, just a sidekick, and honestly, it didn't add anything to the storyline. If anything, the last few episodes became quite boring because of it. But apart from that, I had a great time with this team. The acting is excellent, and the pairing works beautifully—even with the age gap, the way they presented the relationship felt natural and well-handled.
This drama has the best humor I've seen in a while. Definitely worth a watch if you're in the mood for something light and hilarious.
Was this review helpful to you?
Seriously Underrated
I'm really glad I watched Made in Korea – it's such an underrated drama. The 70s cinematography looks amazing, the production quality is great, and the cast is full of talented actors who all do a fantastic job.This is a slow-paced drama, but in a good way. It really makes you question your own morals – you're never sure if you should be rooting for the good guy or the bad guy, because nothing is black and white. Both sides use whatever methods they can to get what they want. The drama does a great job with the characters. I was on Bae's team from the very beginning, while I found Jang annoying and not very likable.
I liked how each episode focused on one character's backstory. Watching Bae and the prosecutor try to outsmart each other felt like watching Catch Me If You Can. I'm already looking forward to season two.
That said, I don't think the backstories of Bae or Jang made me feel more sentimental toward them. Their personalities were already clear from the start, so learning their past didn't change my opinion. Maybe if the drama had been longer and given us a proper backstory instead of just a glimpse, it would have hit differently.
My only real complaint is that I wish there were more episodes. They could have explored the protagonists' pasts more deeply.
Verdict: A beautifully made, slow-burn drama that totally deserves more attention.
Was this review helpful to you?
To the Wonder is more than a drama; it's an experience
To the Wonder is a breathtakingly beautiful drama that quietly steals your heart. It unfolds as a deceptively simple story, yet its gentle pull is irresistible, drawing you into its world so completely that you cannot help but fall in love. The cinematography is stunning, capturing landscapes so vast and pure they feel like a character in themselves.The drama's power lies in its profound authenticity. The performances are so natural and unforced that I often felt less like a viewer and more like a silent witness to a documentary. It offers a raw and intimate glimpse into a traditional existence, masterfully portraying the friction and poetry that arise when modernity gently brushes against ancient customs. The Kazakh way of life, with the village feeling like one extended, loving family, was a true privilege to experience.
At its heart, the drama beats with the extraordinary chemistry between Wen Xiu and Ba Tai. Their connection is so genuine and sweet that I found myself giggling along with them, completely charmed by their tenderness. My only, very slight, complaint is that I longed for just a few more moments with them at the end—but to say more would be to spoil the drama.
To the Wonder is more than a drama; it's an experience. An absolute must-watch.
Was this review helpful to you?
A Perfect Pairing and Pure Joy
I am a huge fan of Kim Seon-ho—he is a brilliant actor—and his pairing with Go Youn-jung is absolutely perfect. Their chemistry is incredible! Their interactions make me giggle, and their constant bickering made me laugh out loud, which hasn’t happened to me in a long time (not since Hundred Memories).A Flawless First Half The first half of the drama is so well-done. I loved the "slow-burn" feel of him starting to fall for her without even realizing it, and the way he is always there to protect her. The cinematography is stunning, and the locations they visit are beautiful, making the whole show feel like a visual treat. I also really appreciated that the writers didn't force a messy love triangle; keeping Hiro as a supporting character was a great choice.
The Second Half & Dorami In the second half, I really enjoyed the scenes with Ho-jin and Dorami. The romance was great, and adding the Dorami element was a brilliant touch—it perfectly represented her character by saying the things she was too afraid to say or do herself. It was so fun to watch.
Final Verdict: This drama is a breath of fresh air. Between the beautiful scenery, the lack of forced tropes, and the hilarious, heart-fluttering chemistry between the leads, it is a must-watch. It’s a rare drama that stays consistent and keeps you smiling.
Was this review helpful to you?
Heartwarming story of friendship.
I did not expect to like this drama so much. The drama is mostly focused on the young boys and their journey, which involves bagnington. It will make you care about them and laugh with them. It is such a heartwarming journey.I love the bond and the relationship they built and how they cared for each other.
Also, the villagers are funny, and their way of slowly becoming one big family is just awesome.
I love the acting and the production; even though it's 16 episodes long, I didn't get bored.
Was this review helpful to you?
the drama felt like never ending....too long and it got boring, no real connection to characters
The first few episodes were great; I was very excited about the drama, and I loved the storyline. As time passed, I lost focus and was not drawn to the drama, and I did not care about the characters and I did not feel any connections. The episodes were especially long and started to drag, and I was getting bored. I think if they had taken a different direction, it would have been more interesting. The storyline was getting weaker, and each episode felt never-ending.The production is great, as is the acting. especially Jin Goo did an amazing job portraying both characters. I really tried to keep watching it but gave up at episode 9 as I did not have the will to watch the remaining 8 episodes.
To be honest, it cannot compare to *Red Sleeve*, which was amazing. It has the same length, but I was so invested in the story and felt for the characters. The same actress appears in both dramas, but she did not leave any impression on me in this one.
Was this review helpful to you?
nice concept of the storyline but not executed very well
Despite the rating the comments are very positive so I gave it a try. To be honest at episode 7 I was loosing interest and I wanted to drop the drama but it only has a 10 episodes so I finished watching it.The concept of the story is good but it was not executed very well. Unfortunately nothing about this drama stands out for me. Also I don't like the open ending, specially if there is no sertency that there will be another season.
The acting is okay as their performance is average and I did not build any sympathy or feelings towards the characters.
I really liked the edvanced technology they showed but it is a shame the drama is lacking in so many ways.
Was this review helpful to you?
Great drama for the first half after that it is disappointing.
It could have been so good if they carry on with the story as in the first half of the drama. The first 6 epidosed are great. It keeps you engaged and you don't know what is gonna happen next between the taxi driver and the culprit.But once the culprit went to China the storyline went downhill. I wish they would finish the drama around 6/7 episodes. It is a real shame as they did not use all the potential and it could be a great drama. The story keeps you engaged through the whole drama but I was loosing interest towards the end. I will not even talk about the imcopentece of the detectives...The villan character was perfect as probably the olny character in the drama. To my surprise a didn't even care how it is gonna end.
Overall it is a good drama but could have been great if the focused more on the storyline.
Was this review helpful to you?
great acting but too slow pace
The acting is great, interesting storyline but its too draggy and I got bored. I had to warch on high speed to finish it. I wanted to know how it will ends.Sang Mi suffered so much and to be abandoned by her family, specially her sick father. It was hard to watch. Sang Hwan character is so annoying and he always makes the situation worst. The real hero is Dong Chul. He risked everything to save her but it seems like Sang Hwan got all the credit for it.
Its interesting storyline and very sad to see how easily people can get brainwashed and even more that places like that exist.
Was this review helpful to you?
Great acting saved badly written drama.
I was so looking forward to this drama as the concept is really interesting, but the drama did not deliver. It was an easy watch as it is only 10 very short episodes.To be honest, I stayed for the acting as it was great and mostly for the villain, as Young Kwang was born to be a villain. I saw his drama Eviline and he slayed the role as well.
I wish they spent more time on the stories of the victims, as the most touching was about the students. You feel for them as there is no justice if you have no money and nobody cares, so instead of ending their life, they choose the gun. I get what Moon Baek wanted to achieve, as the situation in Korea is appalling. The suicide rate is over the roof, people been chased/killed by loan sharks, bullying... one day you reach the point of desperation and pull the trigger. The story of the gangsters was unnecessary and did not bring much to the drama; I would say it was quite the opposite. It would be better if they explored the impact on society and if people would start to change. Also portraying the police as useless and in the meanwhile Lee Do sorts and saves everyone by himself. Especially the last fight, he kills the whole commando. The ending did not feel right and not satisfying at all.
The script is just a mess, and the acting saved the show.
It is an okay drama, not bad, not great. Such a shame as if it was done properly, it could have been awesome.
Was this review helpful to you?
Underrated drama with great storyline but weak start.
What a fun ride this drama turned out to be! Although it took about three or four episodes to truly hit its stride, once the core team assembled and the dynamic took hold, I was completely hooked.The greatest strength of the series lies in the brilliant teamwork of the central trio. It was immensely satisfying to watch them operate, always staying several steps ahead of their targets to ensure justice was served. Every case felt fresh, providing exciting challenges and leading to genuinely entertaining downfalls for the villains. A major highlight was the performance of the actor playing James (Park Hee-soon); his ability to completely transform into new characters for each scheme was captivating and added a unique layer of flair to the show. Yun I Ran's wardrobe was so impressive, it felt less like watching a drama and more like attending a high-end fashion show.
Despite the high praise for the team and action, the drama carries one significant flaw: the backstory involving Yun I Ran. This subplot felt entirely disconnected from the compelling main narrative and ultimately detracted from the experience. The exploration of her trauma was poorly executed and could have—and arguably should have—been left out of the story entirely. It added no necessary depth and only served to interrupt the fantastic momentum built by the main action plot.
Overall, this is a highly enjoyable and intelligent story about a great team that catches villains. It’s a shame this drama is so underrated; its current rating simply doesn't do justice to the brilliant chemistry, engaging cases, and sheer fun factor it delivers. It's definitely a must-watch for fans of crime and teamwork dramas.
Was this review helpful to you?
This review may contain spoilers
Real drama of 90s - Chang Wook amazing transformation
I think it is the most realistic drama I had seen. The production is great and the atmosphere of the 90s is so real. I love both ML leads. They have done great job.I love the development of Seung Ho and his fenomenal transformation from cop to thug as he really became one. And build thrue friendship with Ki Chul. Also Hae Ryeon character was great and she was the main character to comparation to Eui Jung as her character/acting did not left any expression on me.
Despite it has sad ending, I have to say it is great ending. Everyone gets what they deserve. Specially the fat cop as he was the most enoying character ever. I felt quite bad for Chul as he put his trust to wrong people and because of that he lost everything and everyone betrayed him. I could see the pain in his eyes as he confronts them and he had nothing to live for anymore.
I wish they could walk together through the streets of Gangnam forever. That last seen made me quite emotional.
Was this review helpful to you?
disappointed-waste of time
After reading comments and reviews I was expecting so much from the drama but I have to say that I am disappointed.I don’t know why but I didn’t like the FL. I could not connect to the characters and the drama wasn’t very engaging. I had to keep skipping scenes just to finish it. The story was good…it could be great drama if executed differently.
I dont understand how someone can compare this drama to My dearest which is total masterpiece!!
Was this review helpful to you?
overrated.....boring.....
I was so excited for this drama as the rating is very high, but I am a little disappointed. I am on episode 6, and it's so boring. All they do is fight, and there is no change in their relationship. Every episode repeats the same story. Also, they are superheroes; after the fight, they are on the edge of death, but five minutes later they are totally normal. Well, I will drop this show as I cannot imagine watching 16 long episodes. It's really overrated.Was this review helpful to you?
Good premises, uneven execution
I didn't expect this storyline at all, and I was genuinely surprised by how captivated I became. It was exciting to watch the story unfold and see the characters reveal their true colours. Some of the plot twists caught me off guard, while others were more predictable—but overall, it was still an enjoyable ride.I was so happy for his wife in the end. The acting was great across the board, and Hyun Wook did an excellent job portraying his character.
I loved the ending—it was a great way to wrap things up.
That said, even though it was only 6 episodes, I somehow found the drama feeling too long. The storyline was strong, but the execution didn't quite match its potential. There were moments of tension, but not enough real thrill or suspense to keep me fully engaged throughout. It's a shame, because with a different approach to direction, this could have been something truly great.
Verdict: An interesting premise with some good twists and solid performances, but let down by uneven execution. Worth a watch if you're curious, but don't expect a gripping thriller.
Was this review helpful to you?

2
1