Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 5 hours ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: August 11, 2023
  • Awards Received: Flower Award2 Coin Gift Award1
Completed
The East Palace
14 people found this review helpful
Jul 18, 2026
8 of 8 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.5
Story 6.5
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 7.0
Rewatch Value 3.5

Great first half but disappearing second half of the drama

I was genuinely excited for this drama—it gave off major Constantinevibes, and I was ready for a thrilling ride. And for the first half, it mostly delivered.

The cinematography is stunning. I loved how they brought the realm and all its creatures to life—the visual world-building was immersive and beautifully crafted. The contrast between the two worlds of the palace was especially well done. You could clearly see the real palace, where countless souls were sacrificed to human greed, standing in stark opposition to the other realm. That tension was palpable and added real weight to the story.

The duo at the heart of the drama was another highlight. Gu-cheon (Nam Joo-hyuk), the spirit slayer who can cross into the Realm of Gwi, and Saeng-gang (Roh Yoon-seo), the court lady who can hear the voices of the dead, made a compelling team . Watching them grow into a great partnership was genuinely satisfying, and their journey kept me invested early on. Cho Seung-woo as the king and Jang Young-nam as the queen dowager, added depth to the palace intrigue . But the absolute star of the show for me was the evil creature, Mengramile. I absolutely loved every scene he was in.

Unfortunately, the second half lost all the momentum the first half had built. It became quite boring, and the story started to feel unfocused and less engaging. It's a real shame because the potential was clearly there. The foundation was solid—great visuals, a compelling duo, and a memorable villain—but the execution in the later episodes just couldn't sustain it.

Overall, The East Palace had so much going for it, but it couldn't quite stick the landing. Worth watching for the first half and Mengramile alone, but I wish the rest had lived up to the promise.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
The Scarecrow
2 people found this review helpful
Jun 14, 2026
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 10
Story 10
Acting/Cast 10
Music 9.0
Rewatch Value 9.5

A realistic and heartbreaking- masterpiece

I finished this drama last night and I'm still thinking about it. Still feeling it. Still angry.

I went in expecting nothing. I came out with my blood boiling and tears on my face.

A fast-paced, emotionally devastating drama inspired by true events that exposes police corruption in 1980s Korea. It will make you angry, heartbroken, and deeply uncomfortable – and that is precisely why it works.

The story: Captivating doesn't even cover it. I was on the edge of my seat from episode one. I told myself "just one more episode" about seven times. Ended up binge-watching the whole thing. No regrets.

The acting is amazing. Every single person brought their A-game. Tae Ju broke my heart over and over again.

The 80s cinematography was beautiful. They made me feel like I was there.

This drama is inspired by a true case. It is heartbreaking to realize that so many lives were destroyed simply because some police officers wanted promotions. Your blood will boil watching the so-called "good guys" – the people meant to protect citizens – reveal themselves as complete scumbags.

I loved Tae Ju and his strong sense of justice. It is heartbreaking to watch him fight this battle alone. I was crying toward the end because the emotional weight was immense. Seeing people suffer for 30 years – and continue to suffer because the law and justice are not on their side – is devastating.

Tae Ju and Si Yeong: Their relationship was complicated. Difficult. In some sense, it was good to watch them – two people constantly outsmarting each other. But at some point, you realize the truth: people do not change. No matter how much you hope. No matter how much you want them to. When you see how the police cover up the entire case and realize this actually happened, your blood boils again. And it makes you wonder: how many more people like them are still out there?

I love that the ending was realistic and not sugar-coated. It made the entire experience feel truly authentic. This drama will stay with me for a long time.

Verdict: Watch it. But prepare yourself. You'll cry. You'll get angry. You'll feel helpless. And you won't forget it.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Moon River
2 people found this review helpful
Mar 21, 2026
14 of 14 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 3.5
Story 3.5
Acting/Cast 7.5
Music 9.0
Rewatch Value 1.5

Dissappointiing after a strong start

I recently watched My Dearest Thief, and I absolutely loved it—a solid 10 out of 10. That drama reminded me why I fell in love with K-dramas in the first place. So when I saw that Moon River had a similar storyline, I was genuinely excited.

The first episode was promising. But it quickly turned into something average. I didn't like the humour in this drama—it felt out of place. The characters started acting quite childish, and it didn't match the tone the drama was going for. I usually love historical dramas, but this one just isn't for me.

Now I'm at episode 3, and I'm struggling to focus. I keep finding myself reaching for my phone or doing other things instead of watching. The cinematography is beautiful, I'll admit, and the OST is absolutely amazing—that's the only positive thing I can say.

But overall, I just don't like this drama. I think I'll be dropping it.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Honour
2 people found this review helpful
Mar 11, 2026
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 2.5
Story 5.0
Acting/Cast 6.0
Music 4.0
Rewatch Value 1.5

A Promising Premise That Went Nowhere

Unfortunately, this one didn't work for me. The concept sounded so promising, but something was off from the start. I couldn't connect with the characters or feel invested in their journeys. I pushed through to episode 5 hoping it would click, but it never did. Great idea, poor execution—a missed opportunity.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Typhoon Family
2 people found this review helpful
Feb 14, 2026
16 of 16 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 10
Story 10
Acting/Cast 10
Music 9.5
Rewatch Value 10

Excellent business-focused plot and brilliant acting by Jun Ho and Min Ha)

I was honestly surprised by how much I enjoyed this drama, especially since the online comments were quite negative. In my opinion, it is highly underrated! I loved that the main theme was the business world, and that romance—while present—wasn't the only focus.

The drama does a fantastic job of concentrating on the actual process of trading and business. It was great to see every stage of that journey. Watching Tae Pung struggle time and again was difficult, but seeing him find a solution to every problem was incredibly inspiring. It carries a powerful message: never give up.

The chemistry between the leads is excellent. It was wonderful to watch the team's journey; it wasn't easy for them, but seeing them evolve into a true family was heartwarming. Even the side characters were well-developed; you could really feel for them as they navigated the hardships of the business crisis.

Despite having 16 long episodes, I was never bored. I was hooked from beginning to end and finished it in just a few days! The chemistry between Tae Pung and Mi Seon (and especially the acting from Min Ha, who I loved in Way Back Love) was amazing. Their romance was a great addition to the story without overshadowing the business plot.

Jun Ho did an amazing job portraying his character; his acting was truly top-tier. He brought so much depth and emotion to the role that you couldn't help but root for him. His performance, combined with the amazing chemistry he shared with Min Ha, really elevated the entire script. It is rare to see an actor balance the toughness of business with such a genuine emotional heart.

With a great OST and plenty of moments that made me laugh out loud, this drama is a must-watch. If you are looking for a solid story about business and resilience where romance isn't the main factor, I highly recommend ignoring the negative comments and giving this a try!

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Doubt
2 people found this review helpful
Nov 23, 2024
10 of 10 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 10
Story 10
Acting/Cast 10
Music 10
Rewatch Value 9.5

Perfect plot with unpredictable twists!

It is a difficult journey of a family where you can see what happens when trust is lost and seeds of doubt are planted. It also shows how important communication is.

The most perfect plot that I have ever seen. I was hooked from the first episode and finished the drama in two days. I love how they reveal the truth gradually in each episode, and we get to know who the culprit is, or at least we think we do, as it is impossible to guess till the end.

Compared to other dramas where you can identify the culprit after a few episodes, in this one, it is impossible, and there is a new plot twist almost every episode. It makes your brain work and doubt everything you see. Hats off to the screenwriting, as it is flawless. Also, the director has done a great job of maintaining the suspense throughout the drama, and the cinematography and soundtrack are perfect. Of course, I cannot forget to mention the amazing performances of Seok Kyu and Won Bin.

I do not think it is too slow-paced. For me, it is perfect as it builds the atmosphere and slowly uncovers the truth. It is not like the usual thrillers where there is a lot of action and predictability.

I am disappointed that the rating is so low, and not many people talk about this masterpiece.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Miraculous Brothers
2 people found this review helpful
Sep 28, 2024
16 of 16 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.5
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 8.5
Rewatch Value 5.0

An average drama that you will forget in a few days

The first five episodes were challenging to watch as I genuinely disliked Dong Joo's behavior, but it improved. However, it was still too draggy for me, and I found it difficult to maintain my attention. I enjoyed the storyline and especially the bond between the male leads, as it was the highlight of the drama.

I was disappointed that everything was resolved in the last episode without any complications. It was too simplistic. I think it would have been more satisfying to see more of Kang San's superpowers.

Overall, it was an average drama for me.
Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
The Scandal
1 people found this review helpful
10 days ago
8 of 8 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 8.5
Acting/Cast 10
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 7.5

One word... manipulation at its prime.

The Scandal is, in a single phrase, manipulation at its finest.

It was a refreshing departure from the typical K-drama formula, where relationships tend to remain chaste and physical intimacy is often limited to a single kiss. This drama embraced beauty and sexuality openly, which made it a welcome change of pace. The performances were exceptional—Son Ye-jin as Lady Cho, Ji Chang-wook as Cho Won, and Nana as Hui-yeon each portrayed their characters with precision and depth.

As the story progressed, my feelings toward Lady Cho evolved into genuine disdain. She was calculating and manipulative, exploiting everyone around her to achieve her objectives. Ji Chang-wook's portrayal of a womanizer was a pleasant surprise, and his character Cho Won undergoes a compelling arc, gradually revealing a more nuanced and sympathetic side. Since the narrative is set in motion by a wager, the audience knows from the outset that it cannot end well—yet I still found myself hoping for a glimmer of redemption.

For me, the most satisfying resolution was Lady Cho's—she ultimately reaps what she sows. I was delighted for the servant couple, Bun-hui and Kwon In-ho, who earned their happy ending. Conversely, I felt a deep sense of pity for Cho Won. His transformation is evident, yet he remains trapped by his cousin's relentless ambition, unable to escape her grasp. The chemistry between Cho Won and Hui-yeon was a highlight, and their scenes together were among the most captivating.

The drama spans only eight episodes, yet the pacing occasionally faltered, particularly in the later installments, where it felt unnecessarily prolonged. Despite this, I thoroughly enjoyed the series.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Be Melodramatic
1 people found this review helpful
Aug 1, 2026
16 of 16 episodes seen
Completed 2
Overall 5.0
Story 7.0
Acting/Cast 8.5
Music 5.5
Rewatch Value 2.5

Charming at first, but not worth16 hours

I watched four episodes, and initially, it was interesting. The slice-of-life stories felt grounded and relatable—the kind of everyday moments that can be surprisingly refreshing.

But after a few episodes, I started losing interest. I couldn't stay focused, and my mind kept wandering. It's the kind of drama that works as a relaxing, no-pressure watch to clear your head, but I just couldn't imagine spending 16 long hours with it.

The characters are pleasant, and the dialogue has its moments, but nothing hooked me enough to keep going. There's no driving plot to pull you forward, and while that works for some, it left me feeling like I was watching without really engaging.

So for me, it's a drop. Not because it's bad—it's actually quite well-made—but because it doesn't offer enough to justify the time commitment. If you're looking for something light and easy, give it a try. But if you need a story that grabs you, this might not be it.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
My Dearest Nemesis
1 people found this review helpful
Jul 24, 2026
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 8.5
Acting/Cast 8.5
Music 8.5
Rewatch Value 7.0

Light, fun and surprisingly addictive

I was going through my plan-to-watch list when I came across this drama. I made a deal with myself—just one episode to decide whether to keep it or drop it for good.

To my surprise, I was completely captivated.The show follows Baek Su-jeong (Moon Ga-young), a sharp department store team leader known as the "Director Killer" for getting her superiors fired, and Ban Ju-yeon (Choi Hyun-wook), a third-generation chaebol heir who becomes her new boss . What Su-jeong doesn't realize is that Ju-yeon is her former online gaming partner from 16 years ago—the same boy who once confessed his feelings to her, only to be harshly rejected . Their enemies-to-lovers dynamic is the heart of the show, and watching how they slowly come to care for each other was genuinely enjoyable .

Of course, it's light, fun, and completely unserious—exactly the kind of no-brainer watch you need when you want something easy and stress-free . I found myself genuinely excited to hit "next episode," which is always a good sign.

That said, I really didn't like the grandmother character, and I didn't find her storyline or the resolution with her satisfying at all. It felt like a weak point in an otherwise enjoyable drama.

Overall, it's a great watch if you're in the mood for something light—but don't expect to be blown away. It's predictable, familiar, and doesn't break any new ground , but sometimes that's exactly what you need.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Perfect Crown
1 people found this review helpful
Jun 19, 2026
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.0
Story 7.0
Acting/Cast 8.5
Music 9.5
Rewatch Value 3.5

good watch....nothing morem nothing less

I completely understand the hype. The cast is visually stunning—IU and Woo Seok both look absolutely gorgeous. I loved their interactions and the playful teasing between them. Their chemistry felt natural and refreshing.

The concept was interesting too—mixing the modern world with Joseon elements was a unique blend that worked well. It was also a nice change of pace to see a couple who actually communicate and resolve issues quickly instead of dragging out misunderstandings for episodes.

I was captivated by the story in the beginning. But towards the end, I started skipping some scenes. It became a little dull. I'm not sure "boring" is quite the right word—it's more that something felt missing. The story was decent, the acting was fine, but overall it landed somewhere in the middle for me. Not great, not terrible. Just average.

It's a shame because I was hoping for another standout drama from Woo Seok after Lonely Runner, which I absolutely adored. I'm keeping my hopes up for his next project—Solo Leveling. I love the manga, so I truly can't wait to see what he does with it.

Verdict: Gorgeous cast, decent story, but something was missing. Worth a watch if you're a fan of the leads, but don't expect another Lonely Runner.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Mad Concrete Dreams
1 people found this review helpful
Jun 6, 2026
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.0
Story 9.0
Acting/Cast 9.5
Music 8.5
Rewatch Value 9.0

An intense and underratd thiller

Wow, what a ride. The start of the drama was slow, but after that I was seated the whole time. The storyline was great and kept me engaged, as there was a plot twist after plot twist. I loved the pacing, the suspense, and how nothing was predictable. Every time I thought I had it figured out, the drama proved me wrong. If you're looking for a show that will keep you on the edge of your seat from start to finish, this is it.

Jung Woo's performance deserves special recognition. His character arc is spectacular, and the drama offers a compelling exploration of what a person is capable of doing for money. While it can be frustrating to witness his repeated lies and morally questionable actions, the narrative ultimately delivers a satisfying conclusion where everyone gets what they deserve.

I genuinely do not understand the low ratings this drama has received – it feels unjust. The intensity builds with each episode, growing progressively more gripping. Every character adds value to the story, and I honestly loved the entire experience.

Verdict: A slow burn that rewards patient viewers with an intense, twist-filled ride. Criminally underrated.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Love Story in the 1970s
1 people found this review helpful
Apr 25, 2026
29 of 29 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 9.0
Acting/Cast 7.0
Music 6.0
Rewatch Value 5.0

A relaxing but frustrating journey

I almost dropped this drama multiple times. Yang, played by Arthur, was incredibly childish, and I couldn't connect with his acting. He always has this blank, dumb expression on his face, which made it hard to take his character seriously.

On the other hand, Fei was a standout. I rooted for her from the very beginning. She gave her best for Yang, but he just kept acting silly and irresponsible. He had no sense of responsibility or interest in supporting his family.

Where the drama truly shined was the second couple, Hua and Jing. Their journey to love was beautiful, and honestly, I was more excited for their scenes than for the main couple.

Now, let's talk about Lin Mei – the most annoying character ever.

The good news is that Yang eventually improves, but the road there is painfully long. The drama will draw you in with the beautiful 1970s atmosphere of China, and you will enjoy that aspect. But 29 episodes was way too long, especially since the beginning felt like a waste. Yang eventually finds his ground and protects Fei in every situation, but I just could not connect with him because I don't really like the actor.

The ratings and praise for this drama are very high, but for me, it lands on the better average side. It has its moments, and the second couple is lovely, but the frustrating start and slow progress hold it back.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Under the Skin
1 people found this review helpful
Mar 19, 2026
20 of 20 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 5.0
Story 5.5
Acting/Cast 6.5
Music 6.0
Rewatch Value 3.5

Overhyped and underwhelming

The premise had so much potential—which makes the end result even more disappointing.

Unfortunately, the execution falls flat. I have to say, I think this drama is overrated. It was highly predictable from early on, and something crucial just felt missing throughout. There was no excitement pushing me to the next episode, no real thrill while watching. It simply felt... boring.

For a drama with such high ratings, I expected so much more. I forced myself to episode 5, but with 20 episodes total, I'd rather invest my time elsewhere.

It's a shame. I was genuinely looking forward to this one.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Had I Not Seen the Sun Part 2
1 people found this review helpful
Mar 17, 2026
10 of 10 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.5
Story 8.5
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 9.5
Rewatch Value 6.0

Satisfying revenge and bittersweet love

I actually enjoyed Part 2 much more than Part 1.

I absolutely loved Li Jen and Chiang dating era—it was so sweet to finally see them spend quality time together, just being happy. After everything they went through, those moments felt earned.

The murders were portrayed in a very detailed way, and honestly? I get it. It made watching them get their revenge that much more satisfying. The plot twist was great and executed really well—it caught me off guard in the best way.

Tseng Ching Hua's acting is just phenomenal. I truly think he carried the entire drama. That smile of his, with pain still lingering in his eyes? Iconic. He conveyed so much with just a look.

That said, I didn't really connect with Chia Yen's portrayal. Visually, she looked too old for the role, and to be honest, her acting wasn't the strongest. It stood out, especially next to Tseng.

It was so satisfying to see everyone finally get what they deserved. But it was also bittersweet—because we know what will follow. The happiness doesn't erase the past.

For me, the real villain was always his mother. It all started with her. If she had made different choices, his entire future could have been different. That's the tragedy at the heart of this story.

At least, in the end, they got their happy ending. They're finally together.

Overall, it was a good watch. And it will stay memorable—mostly because of Tseng Ching Hua.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?