Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 21 hours ago
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 240 LV3
  • Birthday: November 01
  • Roles: VIP
  • Join Date: March 2, 2021
  • Awards Received: Finger Heart Award71 Flower Award143 Coin Gift Award14 Reply Goblin Award2 Lore Scrolls Award1 Comment of Comfort Award1 Clap Clap Clap Award1 Thread Historian1 Boba Brainstormer1 Mic Drop Darling1 Soulmate Screamer1 Big Brain Award2
Completed
Our Dining Table Spin Off
8 people found this review helpful
by Shiro
Jun 16, 2023
1 of 1 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 8.5
Rewatch Value 6.0

I guess this could be what one would call an aftershock

I do not really know why this is a spin off and not just part of the show... but then again I did not make the rules. This little extra episode is just like the first season, sweet found family and awkward insecure men who let fear, assumptions and jealousy take away form the fluff and fun they could have had.

If you loved the first season you are sure to enjoy this as it is indeed in line with the rest but if you found the first season pretty good but not WOOW masterpiece... this will probably feel kind of bland. Still a good watch. as long as you did not hate the first season you should probably watch this too. Just do not expect anything revolutionary to happen.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Choco Milk Shake
8 people found this review helpful
by Shiro
Jan 12, 2023
11 of 11 episodes seen
Completed 5
Overall 7.0
Story 7.0
Acting/Cast 7.5
Music 7.5
Rewatch Value 2.0

Could have been so good without the romance...

I am conflicted about this drama, there is a lot of goodness in it pretty faces, funny scenes, decent acting, lovely gazes and some pretty deep thoughts between the fluff.

Had they only made this a story of friendship support, pain and healing, though I hate the word healing this would have been great and would probably have gotten a much higher score, however having a romantic plot line between a dog and a human does not work for me at all and makes me feel really uncomfortable. I am trying to understand this phenomena as I do see it from time to time? Is wishing one pets became human a real thing? Do people actually want to have a romantic relationship with a human with the the mentality of a dog? Hot and muscular as the person may be, knowing this is the human form of the pet he once cared for? Seriously? Why? I get that there is a lot of love but romance? Really?

Losing my dog was one of the hardest things I have ever been through, going home to a dog less flat was unimaginable several years later I still miss my dog a lot. I have had pets most of my life, so I do understand that there is a strong bond between a pet and their owner, but the pet is completely dependent of it´s owner and is more like a toddler than a lover. Lee Jae Bin did an amazing job showing us that he indeed was a dependent dog that loved his owner unconditionally. Kim Seong Hyuk who played the cat was hilarious to watch, his love line was a bit more acceptable, as he was mentally less dependent and more mature. While still keeping cat qualities + his love interest is not with his owner.

Seeing these side by side made it even more clear that the romance between Choco and his owner was disturbing.

The production itself was pretty good for what I assume is a low budget production. So basically Sweet and interesting story but kind of disturbing... that could have been great if they just left out the romance.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Cupid's Last Wish
7 people found this review helpful
by Shiro
Apr 25, 2022
10 of 10 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.5
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 5.5
Rewatch Value 3.5

Could have been really good if only....

Take one great Earth, mix it with Mix... add some beautiful scenery, food, an ok story, toss it in a blender with annoying characters and make one of the leads hyper annoying and what do you get?

Well this...

The acting is what I would expect of the two leads, spot on and well preformed. The chemistry is out of this Earth and the kisses are definitely sweet n' hot, no dead fish in sight... The boys swap is done pretty well without tp many annoying gestures or odd acting. However While Korn (Earth) is written as this great person that is easy to fall in love with. Win (Mix) is the complete opposite... giving us opposites attract but in the oh so wrong way that I found myself feeling bad for Korn and wishing he would fall in love with someone nice or at least less annoying. Win is loud, selfish, rude... and well everything bad, which can at times be entertaining. Here he is just annoying...

Lin (the sister whose body has been taken over, Jan) is portrayed as this super weak girl if it reflects on all women or not is not easy to say bit the women in this show are rather weak, or selfish and mean or both. Lin is however pretty sweet, just very week and again not in a very good way...

Doc (White) and the different monks rocked most of the time, there was not a lot of logic there but hey it has a supernatural theme so of course we can not expect everything to make sense...

Bingeablilaty: 8
Chemistry: 10
Kisses: 10
Annoying characters: 9999999
Twits: not as predictable as I would expect so a 9

All in all an ok watch, could have been really good but well making one of the leads highly annoying does kind of drag down the fun...






Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Sunshine of My Life
8 people found this review helpful
by Shiro
Jul 16, 2021
45 of 45 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 6.5
Story 6.0
Acting/Cast 7.0
Music 5.5
Rewatch Value 1.0

Chinese culture propaganda with a dash of romance

A very long lesson/propaganda series about Chinese culture and chinese textile with a dash of most women are evil, men are good no matter what evil deeds they do they are to be forgiven and some romance on the side.

Some friendships where sweet and the second couple was adorable.... The ML was a chauvinist who lacked communication skills and would rather communicate by kiss then by words. But gets a big plus for not forcing himself on the female lead even once! He did however never really stand up for any one... though he was offered plenty of occasions to do so. The female lead was actually pretty smart and could stand up for herself but still self sacrificing and never put her foot down.

Some parts where sweet, and it did not quite follow the regular cliches but was dragged out and mostly boring yet easy to binge at the same time...

It was okay but I honestly do not know why I watched it all the way thru, when I have a PTW with lots of dramas I want to watch maybe I just needed something that wouldn't strain my brain to much and well this definitely did not. It did make me want to punch some people so i guess it did effekt my emotions in some ways but just not enough to make me really care.

So all in all if you are very interested in design, textiles and Chinese culture this is a great drama for you to watch if not then there are better rom coms out there but it is okay.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Law and the City
9 people found this review helpful
by Shiro
Aug 31, 2025
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 7.5
Acting/Cast 8.5
Music 7.0
Rewatch Value 1.0

Friends and lawyers in the beige city

This drama gathers a really lovely cast mostly old familiar faces that I have seen in law dramas before. The drama has a slight hospital playlist meets law school vibe but without the drama and suspense of law school and without the deep friends to lovers tension of hospital playlist as the romance and plot is as beige as Kang Hui Ji (Mun Ka Young) suits.

Basically taking something that could have been great but making it a bit draggy and with a complete lack of spark. The episodic nature of this was just flat and most of the stories where neither new or especially interesting, giving me the feeling of Iv seen this before done better. That said the drama does have enough moments of brilliance to push it towards the 8 star rating and those are:

1. The meals the group of friends share in this and the way those five interact and bond as a group Shows some of the sweetest moments of friendship to be seen in all of dramaland.
2. The married couples plot-line, the way they interact, the support and the playfulness of their relationship.
3. The work wife/husband dynamics between An Ju Hyeong (Lee Jong Suk) and Bae Mun Jeong (Ryu Hye Young) platonic friendship between genders that just works so well and makes you (or at leas me) wish you had one of those at work too.
4. The bromance between Cho Chang Won (Kang You Seok) and Ha Sang Gi ( Im Sung Jae) I could probably have watched a spin off with just those two.

So to sum it up this is probably more of a 7,75 than an 8 but worth a binge for the characters just don´t expect a mind blowing romance or an interesting plot and you will be fine

P.S the PPL in this was lovely with both Kopiko, Subway and a bunch of drnks... made me feel so familiar...

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Sunshine by My Side
9 people found this review helpful
by Shiro
Sep 30, 2023
36 of 36 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 6.5
Story 5.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 7.5
Rewatch Value 1.0

An awesome female lead followed around by a love sic puppy and a whole lot of meeh

I would like to thank the double speed option for without it I would not have gotten though to the end... In this story where pretty cool female lead divorces en idiot only to attract a bunch of more or less obsessed boys/men instead of just being left alone with her passion.

The men in this drama are mostly awful some have their good shots and great loos but their characters make no sense what so ever and there is not a single man in this that I was not highly annoyed by and did not want to throw something at at least once in this drama. Yes that includes the male lead, who is of course gorgeous, sweet and has a lot going for him... he just needs a huge lesson in priorities and respecting peoples boundaries.. His dad has some issues but is probably the least infuriating character in the whole drama. The male leads best friend is the one male that actually experiances character growth and goes from making me want to punch some sense in to him to thinking, heeey that guy ain´t that bad.

Oh and do not get me started on the teens who are about to graduate from university put are portrayed like really immature 4th grades just with a motorcycle, not to mention the mother ho was also portrayed like an imature kid.

That said the 2nd female lead rocked, and the female lead was really cool 905 of the time, I loved her characters personality, the acting was good and her lines where mostly awesome.


The cinematography is good and there is one good line in this about not needing to compare ones weaknesses to another persons strengths.

The pacing is awful and something tells me they had to cut a bunch of scenes here and there without thinking about how it affects the story as a whole. The predictability in the drama is so high i found myself thinking oh here we go again... and oh come on not that annoying twist...

The only thing that kept me going to the end was Xiao Zhans smile the second couple and the female leads wittiness.... Without them I would have given this an even lower score.

Also I am not really sure this qualifies as a romance.... it is more of a love sick puppy holds on to girl and just wont let go....

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Happiness
9 people found this review helpful
by Shiro
Dec 27, 2021
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.5
Story 9.0
Acting/Cast 10
Music 8.5
Rewatch Value 6.5

Bloody, brutal, beautifull... ha ha

This drama really has a little bit of everything showing humans at their best as well as at their extreme worst.. Showing us that some people truly are scary, but in a good way...

What I liked about this drama was that its twists where slightly less predictable than I thought, don´t get me wrong some twits where highly predictable and at some point I found myself telling my husband not only what but how the next scene would be cut, sunds and angles... And well I was not that far from it... Even tough there where a few characters that were annoying at times I kind of got used to them and actually started enjoying watching them develop and humorously adapt to their extremely evil nature.... And was a lot less annoyed at the character portrayed by Baek Hyun Jin here than I was in The Devil Judge.


The message here is not very clear but kind of sweet in a way, and so are the interactions, choices and relationships between the characters. Who are the real monsters? Will you try to eat the person you love if you get infected with a virus that effects your brain? Will a person with rabies just bite any one or do they have preferences too? How much stress can a person take before they loose all sense? what is being the building rep really worth? are some people worth more than others?

The female lead is as cool as cool and fun gets, she has humour, she is strong and she does not take any crap from any one..... The male lead is just too cute, also strong but more willing to take crap, actually he is said to have a bad temper but considering the people around him I am willing to say he is more of a saint than anything else. Even if I do not agree with all his decisions...

The kid is sweet and a fun addition to the cast.

All in all this is a show that will keep you biting your toe nails, make your heart flutter, make you laugh at the evil and have you yelling profanities' at the screen while hiding your face from the blood splatter and those bloody teeth... yuck...

Edit: I forgot to mention that I have renamed this drama zoom zoom because they LOVE zooming in and out...


Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
D.P. Season 2
15 people found this review helpful
by Shiro
Jul 28, 2023
6 of 6 episodes seen
Completed 6
Overall 7.5
Story 7.0
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 8.5
Rewatch Value 2.0

DP2- Disappointing Part2

I came for the issues, darkness and Jung Hae In (+ the rest of the cast) and well all the stuff that made season one great including it's PPL but all I got was confusion.

Season 2 is honestly the most confusing season I have ever watched, time hops, oddly cut and instead of great repetitiveness and PPL humour I got silly fights and conspiracies... Some kind of A few good Men ordeal without Jack Nicholson yelling "You cant handle the truth" but with some nice kicks and Jung Hae In´s naked upper body... but non of that could make up for the silliness and confusion in this so I am sorry to say this (I really am) as I gave season 1 a 10 this one barely makes it to a 7,5 saved from an even lower rate by it's cast, music, issues (it does touch a few issues, just not enough) and the slight feeling of desspair that I appreciated from season 1.

If you loved season one I would recommend you avoid this season as it may take away season ones magic and ruin a fond memory, and honestly this season is redundant as it ads nothing to the story at all...

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
I Feel You Linger in the Air: Uncut Version
16 people found this review helpful
by Shiro
Nov 8, 2023
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 6
Overall 7.0
Story 7.0
Acting/Cast 7.0
Music 6.0
Rewatch Value 1.5

The boy who Lingered a bit to long in the air

This is one of those dramas that had me wondering what is it I am missing here... Why are people rating this with a 10 star rating when literally nothing what so ever makes sense. As I spent half the drama wondering when the leads will get shot with a shot gun and if they have any type of risk assessment skills what so ever... Or I don´t know awareness of the time they lived in, as both leads in 1928 acted as if it was 2028... The acting is 1/2 cringe 1/2 decent. The pacing is off and it feels like they filmed half of the drama in slow motion just so they could stretch the time and get more for their money... making it draggy as ****

But if you can look passed that, the romance is decent, the skinship pretty and both boys had indeed worked quite a bit on their upper bodies whom they show us more or less every episode or so...The side stories of the lesbian couple, the house slaves/staff and the second wife are a lot more interesting than the time traveling dude.

There is also a really cute pig in this. Not really a drama I recommend, but it did have it's moments and apparently others call it a masterpiece so if you do not mind the cons I mentioned go for it... I hope you have a better time than I did.



Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Hidden Love
10 people found this review helpful
by Shiro
Jul 18, 2023
25 of 25 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 10
Music 9.0
Rewatch Value 6.0

Highly addictive

This is indeed a story about hidden love as it offers several spaces where the love seems to be hidden. How well it is hidden is however kind of questionable and made me wonder how oblivious the people in this story are.

The story itself offers very little new, girl meets her older brothers roommate, gets a crush on him and tries to hide it. things happen, people grow up... Girl is smart, mature, straight forward with pretty much everything (except for the hidden love thing). There are a few episodes in the middle where she goes immature and takes a turn out of character but other than that I she is definitely one of the most fun to watch female leads in all of C-dramaland.

Boy has had a life full of difficulties but somehow becomes superman, good at school, good athlete, great work ethics.. and even though girls keep whispering "what a handsome guy he is" he is not really the type to flirt around as he only cares about his work and found family... The guy is extremely kind... and playful oh so playful. He even seems to have basic communication skills that go beyond wrist grabs.He is said to have a good moral compass (he says that over and over until the audience is sure to believe it. He is overly protective of his best friends little sister and though he is the sweetest guy ever he does have a bunch of flags here and there, and while some would think it is because of the age gap, I say the age gap is not the issue bere. the guy is pretty jealous, and seems to forget to lack the ability to include others in his process of making decisions.

These two grow in a beautiful way and make tasteful, playful fireworks... With great dialog. lots of cheese.. and I mean a lot of cheese... so much cheese it may make you cringe.

When it comes to the side characters:
The girls brother is 80% sweet and the audience voice 20% annoying, but I am now intrigues by this guy and would love to see more of him.

The friends and found family in this are lovely (except for one but she is there to forward the plot) and the supporting characters do their job well. the fat friend is unnecessarily portrayed as a guy who eats like pig... and yes that bothers me quite a bit. Some twists are a bit meeh, others good the flow of the story is decent and highly addictive so even with all these flaws I could not give it less than a 9.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Between Us
10 people found this review helpful
by Shiro
Jan 29, 2023
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.5
Story 6.5
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 1.0

Between Fanservice and a Plot Fanservice Seems to Win

Fan service... Fanservice... For as Far as the eye can see there will be Fanservice... I seems like the creators of this where faced with a choice to offer fansevice or plot but not both...

This is the highly anticipated parallel story of Win and Team who many of those who watched Until We Meet again wanted to see more of... And indeed we did get to see more of those two, a lot more.. And while they pretty much offer some kind of consistency with the main story and its timeline, and though there is a trauma that they do try to adress... This drama seames to be missing that all important plot that the mother drama has.

While the leads are lovable, fun to watch and take off their clothes a lot, I am not sure there is much of a plot. There are some good lines here and there, splashes of humour, and I dare say even high quality dialog at times. There are even signs of angst, misunderstandings and the oh so entertaining plot line of people who need to communicate with each other better but there is very little build up and yes as I seem to say a lot I found it hard to find the plot most of the time.

That said the dialog about consent in this is gold, so is the general message of actors have the right to love too... Most of the characters are entertaining, lovable and sweet. The acts of friendship are adorable to and I dare say the main couple while lacking in build do have great chemistry and provide a whole lot of fan service... And are a pleasure to watch. I also enjoyed seeing a swim team without perfect abs and that seem to act like most bodies do when bended showing us some skin and fat too.

A lot of the acting in this drama could have been better, like a lot better I do not have any complaints about Boun Noppanut Guntachai/ Win his acting was pretty decent but when it comes to the rest of the cast I know they can do better, I have seen several of them do better so I do not know if this drama was rushed or if it due to the writing but they did not bring out their best work for this drama.

Watching this drama (both the cut and uncut version too) felt a bit like sitting next to someone who is driving a manual car for the first time as it the shifting was al jerky and off... So again either the editing or writing was a bit off... At I kept feeling that something was missing most of the time while other times it felt draggy instead.

I do not know if I can truly recommend it as I am sad to say it is so inconsistent in quality and lacks a plot so I can not really say it was good. But I did enjoy parts of it a lot, it is an easy binge and yes I did fall for the fanservice I guess... It is also gif friendly Oh and Boun is definitely going on my crush list after this.

P.S. The official sights subbing is even worse than the lack of plot... and has even more grammatical errors and typos than most of my reviews. I am still grateful towards those who added subs to this, for without them I would be lost.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Nevertheless,
10 people found this review helpful
by Shiro
Aug 30, 2021
10 of 10 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.5
Story 8.5
Acting/Cast 9.5
Music 10
Rewatch Value 6.0

I was expecting toxic cliches but got: broken, scared and confused done right!

A trip to my broken youth... This drama threw me to my teens, though the characters here are in their twenties I could not help but think of the time I was trying to find my place in the world, wanting love while being terrified of it at the same time.... this drama is neither the feel good, butterfly fluffy romance or the toxic bad boy mess one may think it would be but a beautifully made show of the chaos that is made when fear, longing and broken souls come together.

I completely fell in love with the way this drama uses sound, filming angels, slow motion, lighting and even backsplashes to set the mood and convey the way the leads are feeling and topped them off with letting us listen in on their thoughts. And while I often find flashbacks annoying these where just perfect to set the mood in this drama. not to mention the great use of symbolism thru both art, weather and umbrellas. I could really understand and feel what I think they where trying to make me feel.

The characters here are probably not the most lovable characters and do not always make the best choices but they feel real and relatable in a way that is hard to explain but was just right for me. I loved how the women in this drama are portrayed as active, sexual beings with lust without completely ignoring the double standards set on women. Not to mention the inner war between heart, logic, fear. The second male lead has great dimples and is a great second male lead. dare I say second male lead done right giving way for some pretty important dialog from the female lead and was great for the plot as well as an aid for her character development and self awareness.

The male lead is portrayed as this dangerous guy that uses women as toys, that women should stay clear of, but is actually a pretty broken yet upfront guy that actually respects others boundaries (most of the time) and though he may have used some tricks never forced himself on any one else, so I actually liked him. And could definitely see my 20 year old self fall for him.

The side couples in this drama complement the main couple beautifully showing different struggles on the way to admitting to ones feelings as well as pressure and again self doubt. And there was not a single character that annoyed me.

This drama will show you more butterflies than give you butterflies but is worth much more than temporary butterflies, and is most definitely worth being watched.

P.s. There is also a really cute kitten in one of the episodes!
Also, smoking is bad for your health (they smoke allot)!

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Burnout Syndrome
5 people found this review helpful
by Shiro
Feb 14, 2026
10 of 10 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.0
Story 7.0
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 7.5
Rewatch Value 1.0

Wasted cast, wasted potential story...

This is what happens when you take 1 cup of great cast, 5 cups of good ideas, 3 cups of stories but forget to mix it all together to a smooth and consistent story before burning it in the oven.

I have been struggling to rate this drama, there are some pretty decent shots, and interesting dynamics between the leads. The story does bring something new, and the fact that non of the characters is perfect or truly lovable has its charm. However they missed some key moments in the process and build of Pheems character. I do not really understand his obsession. While I can clearly see Kos progression and reasoning between his choices. While I can appreciate the show of beeing drown to the bad for you in Jira they failed to convey the glue between the on and off again. There was to much missing for me to truly understand him making him seem fickle. There was so much that could have been done here that was left out leaving me unattached and with a feeling of meeh.

That said, there are some pretty decent (hot) shots, the art is interesting , not sure about the AI side plot though...

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
The Revenge Lover
5 people found this review helpful
by Shiro
Oct 18, 2025
8 of 8 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.0
Story 7.0
Acting/Cast 7.0
Music 7.0
Rewatch Value 1.0

Expressionless, did they even try?

This drama has an okay, seen before slightly rushed story... Incorporating Playboy boy friend, revenge, misunderstanding, evil mother (in law), evil coworker etc. Giving us some classics like splashing coffee and forced time apart.

The female lead has an expressionless charm, making me wonder what she is hiding about 80% of her screen time, part of me is impressed another just feels numb, as the kissing/implied sex scenes completely lack any sign of sparks. There really is no chemistry involved what so ever and her expressions are as dry as the dessert....

The male leads have their charms and nice smiles, but over all just fall flat.

That said it is an easy binge ant there is some kind of charm to watching something where you keep wondering if this lack of expression i part of the story or just due to bad direction/acting.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Boy's Abyss
5 people found this review helpful
by Shiro
Feb 21, 2024
8 of 8 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 9.0
Acting/Cast 7.5
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 4.5

Everybody wants to die with Reiji

Forget till death do us part in this drama everybody wants to do and/or die with Reiji... In this extreamly twisted drama that tells some stuff as they appear to be giving a face and a voice to the suicidal, the predator, the stalker and the obsessed. There is this raw honesty and symbolism that sticks with the dram from the first depressing inner monolog to the last even more depressing inner monolog and has great dialog with such great lines as:

" If you can´t smoke I take you can´t do a lot of other things to"

" Ill make you feel happy to die with Aow Nagi!

" So did I just commit a felony"

" Im consenting to this" - yes they actually use the word consent!

" Her emptiness makes me feel at ease"

" but it would have been worse if the gender were reversed, Thank god I'm a woman"

" Only I can save Reiji"

But also a lot that should probably creep you out. A fun watch, a different and definitely a drama worth a watch

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?