I haven't started watching this drama yet but are the actors playing Chinese people or multilingual characters?…
The episodes are set in Thailand. The Thai actors are playing their own nationality, it's just sometimes they get dubbed over by Chinese, sometimes they don't. Both of the central Thai characters know how to speak mandarin, and I think(?) they're dubbing over themselves for some reason.
Why did they dub the Thai instead of just putting subs 😭😭😭 It makes it so much harder to watch. Like, Chinese people are not... foreign to subtitles... I don't get why they insist on dubbing some parts and some others are not dubbed.
YBY was already so done with FX, but then FX had to go and make YBY look like the final boss in the overwatch council. "You don't have to worry about about me, but if you make any trangressions, you'll have to answer to YBY. He just came back from Beiqi. Ruthless, black-hearted, bloody-handed."
There is literally no reason to kick him out. He became a big star between season 1 and 2, and he barely appeared in season 1. His schedule probably just didn't line up (busier), so they just replaced him. This kind of thing happens all the time.
- - The second prince says to FX "You are too ruthless. You sent your own brother to Beiqi to suffer? I have a soft heart, and couldnt bear to see it. so I sent a man after him to bring him back to the capital."
And then a situation happens at the "Bao Yue Lou", where the girl Fan Xian told to go home and leave the place is killed, I think.
Episode 10: - - In the middle of a scene where fan xian is accused of committing a crime. he spins the story on its head and accuses one of the officials (Lai Yu shi?) for setting him up, and points out that (second prince?) was also present in the situation. The situation is a bit unclear, but it involves money.
Episode 9 preview - - talks about how the second prince is making a lot of money, so FX and YBY are discussing where that money could be spent. YBY says horses and armed forces, however FX suggests that he's probably spending it in foreign places outside of the capital. "if it was only the capital, I could investigate it myself". And I think he follows it up by saying that YBY could investigate outside the capital for him? I'm not sure.
Jump cut to the king which I can't really explain since I'm a bit lost there
Jump cut to the "shadow" asking FX about whether Wu Zhu is back in the capital. "(Chengpingping) asked you to inquire?" "No, I'm curious myself." "... I don't know."
Not a direct translations, but I'll try my best. For episode 8: "(specific kind of) Fish?" "You recognize it?" "Nan Fang (region) specific type of fish." And then they talk about the origin of the fish, how "Jian Shu Si" gives the fish to the (army? palace?), but the (army/palace) sells it instead of consuming it back to 'jian shu si",
And then a jumpcut to Fan Xian declaring his leadership, essentially.
That dual carriage scene meetup from season 1, looked like divorced parents fighting over what private school…
Honestly. Those two have a great dynamic going on. I hope we see more, especially ones where the emperor is involved. Just three fathers cat-fighting over what's best for their son.
Episode 6 and 7 were absolute gold. Great dialogue, awkward family dinners, Fan Xian realizing that he has to BECOME the plot armour, Si Zhe finally setting out on his own journey while his dad explicitly says that he's proud. I also forgot Guo Bao Kun was still in Beiqi, so Fan Xian's plot has still been running in the background. Excited to see how they top these episodes.
"The capital city cries because it's sad to see you go. You can cry too, you know."
i'm confused asf, according to callendar wasnt supposed to be release only till ep 6 today? if this true, why…
Oh I guess they're just region releasing differently then. That sucks. I use bootleg chinese websites to watch so I don't actually know any of the sub situations.
i'm confused asf, according to callendar wasnt supposed to be release only till ep 6 today? if this true, why…
I'm not sure which calendar you're referring to, but generally it's 5-8 episodes on the first day, and 2 episodes every release date after that. China rarely does 1 episodes per release date due to broadcasting space (I'm assuming) and probably a lot of other reasons.
So some hypocritical ppl already here regarding the yang bin yun char nd also claiming they not fans indirectly…
those people are actually so funny cause YOU KNOW they only watched it for the pretty faces 🤣🤣🤣
I love XZ and his work too, but like, its okay if you stop watching if XZ is not there. he literally had no screen time in season 1???? the rest of us will enjoy the show just fine without you lmao
-
-
The second prince says to FX "You are too ruthless. You sent your own brother to Beiqi to suffer? I have a soft heart, and couldnt bear to see it. so I sent a man after him to bring him back to the capital."
And then a situation happens at the "Bao Yue Lou", where the girl Fan Xian told to go home and leave the place is killed, I think.
-
-
In the middle of a scene where fan xian is accused of committing a crime. he spins the story on its head and accuses one of the officials (Lai Yu shi?) for setting him up, and points out that (second prince?) was also present in the situation. The situation is a bit unclear, but it involves money.
-
-
talks about how the second prince is making a lot of money, so FX and YBY are discussing where that money could be spent. YBY says horses and armed forces, however FX suggests that he's probably spending it in foreign places outside of the capital.
"if it was only the capital, I could investigate it myself". And I think he follows it up by saying that YBY could investigate outside the capital for him? I'm not sure.
Jump cut to the king which I can't really explain since I'm a bit lost there
Jump cut to the "shadow" asking FX about whether Wu Zhu is back in the capital.
"(Chengpingping) asked you to inquire?"
"No, I'm curious myself."
"... I don't know."
For episode 8:
"(specific kind of) Fish?"
"You recognize it?"
"Nan Fang (region) specific type of fish."
And then they talk about the origin of the fish, how "Jian Shu Si" gives the fish to the (army? palace?), but the (army/palace) sells it instead of consuming it back to 'jian shu si",
And then a jumpcut to Fan Xian declaring his leadership, essentially.
"The capital city cries because it's sad to see you go. You can cry too, you know."
"No one is trying to steal him from you."
Are... are you sure? Also who's stealing from who? Forget love triangles, parental triangles are so much better 😂😂😂
I love XZ and his work too, but like, its okay if you stop watching if XZ is not there. he literally had no screen time in season 1???? the rest of us will enjoy the show just fine without you lmao