Pros: The bromance, the bickering, the female characters actually being likeable and holding agency in the story. Interesting worldbuilding. Fight scenes are very well choreographed. Cons: Questionable CGI (which is to be expected), and is sometimes filmed in a way that makes it feel cheap. Qi Xiao Xuan is also a bit dimensionless currently, but it's only the beginning.
There were signs from the beginning that this production was going to be successful. Dedication from the cast, the budget, the green light from the original writer etc etc.
The amount of soul and heart put into it by everyone that was involved basically guaranteed that it would be good because it's impossible they'll allow it to be any less.
Now lets pray they keep listening to the heart for season 2 (and that we don't get Witcher-ed).
I mean, it makes sense though. If the score kept going up it means it has the same level of production and story telling as shows such as Ever Night or Hotel del Luna, which as much as I love the series so far, isn’t exactly true.
10 minute per episode mini series where the tension and characters all lie within a limited space.
This would work great as a stage production, but as a drama I think it’s a waste, ngl. It’s not bad, just… there are better things to watch in drama form.
… out of every OP MC chinese novel that exists… they chose this one. From what I remember, the original novel is very reliant on Deus X Machinas, whether they came in the form of items or people. Reading it started becoming a chore.
I really, really hope the drama changes some things, or maybe the plot will be more bearable in visual form, which would be nice.
… out of every OP MC chinese novel that exists… they chose this one. From what I remember, the original novel is very reliant on Deus X Machinas, whether they came in the form of items or people. Reading it started becoming a chore.
I really, really hope the drama changes some things, or maybe the plot will be more bearable in visual form, which would be nice.
There’s gotta be some way to just ship out these productions internationally, no? For example Tencent owns league of legends but they’ve got their fair share of gay and lesbian couples.
Are- are those combat boots that Wu Zhu is wearing? If so, attention to detail is even more impressive than I could think of considering the origin of the character.
On another note can these hidden identity dramas give the love interests of said assumed-to-be-dead-person new personalities? There's more than one way to write a character in grief.
FDB Really told DFS "get your paws off him" I CANT THEYRE TOO FUNNY
I agree that Joseph Zeng getting typecasted so much can be irritating but for this trio dynamic I think it works really well so far (as long as the identity reveal isn't within the very last arc of the show)
The main trio dynamic is absolutely perfect. Adorable gullible, old conniving, and "im so done with this shit". Li Lian Hua needs to get the other two a get along shirt.
The plot is about as deep as my noodle bowl but goddamit is everyone adorable. I just wanna pat everyone on the head. Everything about it is so cute I ksudgfzsujyhdgfjsdjkfkj
Cons: Questionable CGI (which is to be expected), and is sometimes filmed in a way that makes it feel cheap. Qi Xiao Xuan is also a bit dimensionless currently, but it's only the beginning.
Very fun, can't wait for me.
The amount of soul and heart put into it by everyone that was involved basically guaranteed that it would be good because it's impossible they'll allow it to be any less.
Now lets pray they keep listening to the heart for season 2 (and that we don't get Witcher-ed).
Can’t wait for China to ban them from ever being seen together in public.
At this point producers should just start outsourcing their shows. They’ll still make money.
This would work great as a stage production, but as a drama I think it’s a waste, ngl. It’s not bad, just… there are better things to watch in drama form.
I really, really hope the drama changes some things, or maybe the plot will be more bearable in visual form, which would be nice.
I really, really hope the drama changes some things, or maybe the plot will be more bearable in visual form, which would be nice.
Man they’re so cute.
Are- are those combat boots that Wu Zhu is wearing? If so, attention to detail is even more impressive than I could think of considering the origin of the character.
I agree that Joseph Zeng getting typecasted so much can be irritating but for this trio dynamic I think it works really well so far (as long as the identity reveal isn't within the very last arc of the show)
On the other hand, the costumes are so freaking nice.