also funny how BL fans talk about queerbaiting etc, when they are totally fine with straight (or even gay) actors…
where have i made assumptions about someone? help a lady out. The person above literally said they don't consume queer content as much- that is not an assumption i pulled out of thin air. If you scroll a little above the person themselves said it. What else have i assumed? what exactly are we talking about? See I'm actively responding to everything i get on here so if you think i lack self awareness i think you can do me the favour of being extra clear on what i need to be aware on. I'm all about learning and growing so go ahead.
bromance itself is a very toxic concept to queerbait audience what do u expect 😭
So let me ask you- why isn't that just friendship? are men incapable of having a relationship with high emotional intimacy if it doesn't have an extra tag of bromance? The definition you gave, isn't that literally the same exact thing as a really close friendship? Or is bromance something more than just a really close friendship? the only thing that would exceed the limits in that description to go further beyond friendship would ofcourse be romantic involvement- every other box is checked? I'm asking why is there a "bromance". Do women have a idk sismance? or does a man and a woman have any other 'mance'? No right? Why is it just for two men to have an extra box just because they are close? But just think tho- I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way, doesn't it sound like a convenient way to display a more than friendship kinda close relationship between two men without risking the necessity of queer representation and acknowledgement? A way to retain both the audience that sees a romantic or non-romantic relationship? A way to get the queer community excited on some representation in mainstream media but telling them they are schizophrenic and it's just close friendship at the end all while it could be marketed and aired as exactly- friendship? sounds a lot like queerbaiting to me. Now that I've cleared upon how i consider the definition of bromance itself as a highly misleading term with it being an extra genre for absolutely no reason. Something I've seen in mainstream media- although I do want to clarify that I'm not talking about this drama right now, is that in the mainstream media- 80% of the bromance shows especially in Asia, despite of language, are live adaptations of queer manhwas and novels. Why? I have a problem with that because yes you want to check all the boxes of a romantic relationship except the actual romance so you put it in an entirely different catagory and call it bromance so that it won't be queer. Does that not upset you at all? Now this show is not based on a Novel or manhwa and it has not yet released, neither of us know how they are going to handle the relationships in this- so I'm not accusing the show of queerbaiting because ofcourse i CAN'T. I see the potential, because every other bromance in Korea literally starts like this with it's teasers and posters, and the tags has "bromance" which I personally am against. BUT I won't judge too soon, I'm pretty sure I've stated it above as well how I have nothing against this drama because I don't have a habit of fighting the air. In conclusion, I'm against the concept of "bromance" for two reasons- one I've already stated above and two that it is never done right with just being borderline romance without actually them verbally confessing loves. I consider both the lead actors of this show to be heavily talented and I've enjoyed both of their seperate projects. Naturally when I heard they are coming together in a show i came over to MDL to know further, i scrolled down the comments and saw heavily homophobic comments, i paused and posted my own comment, i recieved a bunch of replies- one specifically bringing up queerbaiting. I've responded to that single comment and stated multiple times neither of us can judge an unreleased show, my opinion on bromance was stated above in- well yeah in a casual way and i would like to say that I don't quite literally mean „there is bro and there is romance so this in inbetween and hence queerbaiting” I am ASKING why is there a concept of 'bromance' at all if literally not for textbook queerbaiting. I'm extra sensitive about this extra box or genre called bromance because the same is applied to queer romances as well, we have a seperate box. Although for now with how the world is still in desperate need of representation when it comes to the queer community because wow it has not yet been normalised because human beings are mostly ignorant, i can understand the tags and boxes. But hopefully in the future we can just have a mainstream genre 'romance' with all the shows with romantic involvement coming under it despite queer or not. And also a less stigmatized genre called 'friendship' under which all sorts of friendships despite gender and identity can come. And an abolishment of "bromance" because friendship exists.
I guess some are homophobic, but its mainly about the fact that BL fans are hating on the drama for a long time…
Exactly!! because that is the reality- love is love. it doesn't need any extra labels or tags but whatsoever with tags or without tags we really need more mainstream representation in korea as well as many of the big big countries out there! hopefully our wishes will come true someday soon so for now let's enjoy what we are given hehe 💋
Who’s being homophobic here? You keep screaming and insulting people like a toxic BL fan, and honestly, it’s…
You don't get to decide what is useless and useful and you don't have a say in what i do with my time. Instead of spending your time on the internet calling other people childish why don't you act mature and follow your goals? I'm not asking you that right? because its your business and i could care less what you do with your time. I expect the same from you for me. I'm free to spend my time in what i find important be it homophobia, heterophobia, or Einstein's theories. Thank you for calling me a genius like 3 times i appreciate your awareness!
Who’s being homophobic here? You keep screaming and insulting people like a toxic BL fan, and honestly, it’s…
One has to read whats written to know what exactly someone is talking about but that is called logic and you clearly lack that. My comment literally says none of us has seen the show yet so we have to wait for that for further conclusions but you probably need AI to feed you breakfast lunch and dinner so i can understand the ability of your brain. AI users, homophobes and people who has lost the ability to read- wow this show surely has a very assorted audience.
thank god. I would never ever want my fav actors to play in a bl
Again nobody here is telling you what to do, everyone is just asking what you are doing which is a valid question imo. plus nobody really wants you to do anything I'd rather not have you in the BL community so thank you for doing us a favour and staying away. Peace out
thank god. I would never ever want my fav actors to play in a bl
I mean i was just curious because the only reason someone would do that is simply homophobia but your sister is gay so that didn't even make sense. It's a pretty toxic trait just so you know but personal preferences are valid. And I'm just a fellow member of the audience like you and since this is a public platform i am free to ask you the reason behind something that seems absurd to me. Answering it is your own choice tho so glad u decided to answer ehem and fyi song kang has already did a queer role so are you going to watch this drama despite it being straight? 👀
Who’s being homophobic here? You keep screaming and insulting people like a toxic BL fan, and honestly, it’s…
*I* saw homophobic comments- hence my original comment that homophobia in the comments stink. Just because you did not see them does not make them invisible right? i quoted the ones i saw too. I prefer being clear about my opinion and addressing everything the other person throws at me. You said i have low IQ so maybe its signs of my low IQ. Clearly "you're too long winded" is not a response from someone with a high IQ either. A friendly advice tho- don't go around throwing assumptions and accusations at people and when they give you a proper response don't call them weird. You are wasting people's time. I wouldn't have had to write so much if you did not respond to me in the first place.
Who’s being homophobic here? You keep screaming and insulting people like a toxic BL fan, and honestly, it’s…
where exactly have i screamed at people and insulted them? my original comment is simply the homophobia in the comments stink. Who am i insulting with it? the homophobes? then I'm glad I've insulted them. I never said this show should be a BL. did you read any of my further explanation? i said I'm glad with whatever this show turns out to be. Every possibility is accepted by me. Except bromance because i consider bromance to be queerbaiting. Bromance with its original definition of being between Romance and friendship- is very toxic because why choose something in the middle when both are seperately or together possible if not to attract audience from both sides? thats queerbaiting. You are the one who seems to have a problem with any other possibility than the one you accept. I never said certain scenes are BL. did u read any other comment? What is BG if you don't mind undoing the abbreviation for me? I read the description on Netflix and watched the teaser. It does not say anything opposing what I've said so what's the problem? The thing is- when the hell did i insist that this should be a BL? are you hallucinating sir/maam i only pointed out the homophobia in the comments. Because comments literally say „i don't want my favs to be gay” as if being gay is a bad thing and thats called homophobia. Who are you quoting here? false accusations and everything at me- u seem very frustrated. are you okay? want to let it out? I'm here to listen tbh if u wanna rant
thank god. I would never ever want my fav actors to play in a bl
my maam thats exactly what the OP is saying. You can watch straight shows right? so why did you say you won't watch their regular dramas? If an actor acts in a BL thats not because they are gay- its called acting. so what's the point of not watching their next straight show? simply a doubt 😭
bromance itself is a very toxic concept to queerbait audience what do u expect 😭
Child I'm saying bromance is a concept of queerbaiting. It literally is- why should two guys „bro“mance when they could either be bros or be romantic? choosing something in between is literally called being open to interpretation. people are interpreting it however they want. what is your problem? even you are interpreting them as friends, we could assume the other end which is romantic. What are you hassling me for? i said bromance is queerbaiting not that the show is queerbaiting. Although i do think the show hints at POSSIBILITIES of queerbaiting- i won't make assumptions until the show comes out. If it is friendship-great! if it is romance- great! if it is bromance- nuh uh thats queerbaiting. The teaser, the posters and the description sure hints at a close relationship which can be friendship or romance.
NOW TO YOU FELLOW FRUSTRATED HUMAN BEING- Did i say I have any issue with this show? Or are you assuming that? Is this show bromance? or is it just friendship? you said they are a duo or rivals so you're saying its friendship and not bromance? if it's not bromance then it's not queerbaiting . Hence I'm not calling the show queerbaiting YET you genius. Because the show is not yet out and only the actual ending could tell if they're aiming for bromance and if its bromance then thats queerbaiting. simple as that. we have to find out what they actually are when the show comes out. Now I'm here for this drama because I've watched separate projects of both the actors and I'm excited to see them together and not because i want them to smooch each other. Neither have I stated anywhere that i wished this was a BL, it has the potential but again it could not be one and thats freaking okay jeez you are more hooked up on the fact that this is not a BL than me (an actual BL content consumer). so i will watch this, i will watch my BLs, I'll watch whatever i please. My two original comments here one about homophobic and one about bromance and queerbaiting are just simply facts. It's really none of the whataboutism or assumption business so what exactly are you even saying? both your replies just does not make sense. it seems to me that you are taking out ur frustration from elsewhere on me. Mind yourself cherry. Read what i said and respond to what i said. Not the comment from 4 days ago that managed to burst your acne pimple. so hold your horses pls drink some watermelon juice they are yummy and have a less constipated day🙏🏽
also funny how BL fans talk about queerbaiting etc, when they are totally fine with straight (or even gay) actors…
a very prevalent culture in the entertainment industry called "fanservice" that has existed for over a decade. it is not specially restricted to the BL industry. You see fanservice in many forms in literally every industry. Again you claimed to not consume BL content then how do you know the reality of fanservice? We, the ones actually in the community, are well aware about the fanservice. In the thai industry, the concept of strict on screen pairings is very prevalent. How do you know if they are straight or not dating? as far as I'm concerned the actors who have come out as straight or denied dating rumours with their co stars in public are not even shipped. It's just like every other human relationship on this planet, unless explicitly stated, people tend to have the doubts. That is not queerbaiting. Its simply being human. I think you need to touch grass tho seeing how you are automatically associating fanservice to fetishization. And if you are so against fanservice and queerbaiting-that is exactly what this drama is doing too, textbook queerbaiting. and I'm not talking about behind the curtains or stage shows like you accused the BL industry, atleast their show is openly queer. meanwhile this- the posters, the Netflix description, the teaser. It is not explicitly stating romance but it is not denying it either right? Thats what you call open to interpretation. By the looks of it- It could be a queer romance, it could be a straight romance, it could not be romance at all. That "could" is where y'alls homophobia is coming out. Why can't anyone mourn the loss of something that could've been? couldn't it necessarily be that both the actors are talented and display great chemistry and looks good together and has the capability to represent in depth characters? and not just your cheap assumption of them wanting the two actors to kiss. Assumptions are not healthy. I'm sad to see such internalised homophobia from someone in the community. Make sure to heal before pursuing your sexual orientation fellow 🙏🏽
I guess some are homophobic, but its mainly about the fact that BL fans are hating on the drama for a long time…
whataboutism is not what i wanna hear tho. I'm talking about the straight up homophobic comments i saw which states „im so glad this isn't a bl i don't want my favs to act gay” is just homophobia- are you defending homophobia? i scrolled down pretty far in the comments and i did not see any comment hating on this drama but i did see homophobic ones and thats all I'm talking about. If the drama is about being rivals or close friends or duo then be it- nobody is changing that right? mere opinions regarding what someone wishes this could've been is not going to change the fact that this is actually a simple straight kdrama. The concept is simple- people see a straight drama with a love triangle and wish the FL ended up with the second lead don't they? despite the female lead choosing the main lead, second lead Syndrome is still prevalent everywhere. People mourn the loss of something that could've happened. It's the same thing here, this could've been a queer show, the main leads could've ended up together, the Netflix description nor the teaser is closing off the idea either. So idk whats wrong with anyone wishing this was a BL. Now next, i did not ask about your sexuality or preferences what does you being bisexual and rarely watching any queer content have to do with what I'm talking about? That is your personal preference i have no business knowing your sexual orientation maam/sir keep it to yourself. and while we are at it you claim to not consume queer content as much, then how do you know if the BL community is generally toxic? we have some of THE BEST and diverse queer representations and not all of the BL shows out there even has kisses or sex. Its not porn it's BL = BOYS LOVE. It just has to have two men in love. Infact I'm someone who does not categorise these content. It's just romance to me, and depending on who ends up with who it can be BL, GL or straight. I'm a very open person. Shall i assume the same for you?
This is the big downside with the fixed pairing system in Thailand 😭 So few actors in BL are staying outside…
I'm glad to know that we are on the same boat for a variety of things!! it was nice talking to you and sharing our thoughts hehe have a great day/night ❤️
i find Han dong ha very annoying god he ruins the watch for me. i was here for Lee tae hyung playing kang seonjae but the bottom's "d-dae h-hyung? 🥺🥺🥺" kinda personality ruins it for me I'm not into lowkey y/n kinda leads
I consider both the lead actors of this show to be heavily talented and I've enjoyed both of their seperate projects. Naturally when I heard they are coming together in a show i came over to MDL to know further, i scrolled down the comments and saw heavily homophobic comments, i paused and posted my own comment, i recieved a bunch of replies- one specifically bringing up queerbaiting. I've responded to that single comment and stated multiple times neither of us can judge an unreleased show, my opinion on bromance was stated above in- well yeah in a casual way and i would like to say that I don't quite literally mean „there is bro and there is romance so this in inbetween and hence queerbaiting” I am ASKING why is there a concept of 'bromance' at all if literally not for textbook queerbaiting. I'm extra sensitive about this extra box or genre called bromance because the same is applied to queer romances as well, we have a seperate box. Although for now with how the world is still in desperate need of representation when it comes to the queer community because wow it has not yet been normalised because human beings are mostly ignorant, i can understand the tags and boxes. But hopefully in the future we can just have a mainstream genre 'romance' with all the shows with romantic involvement coming under it despite queer or not. And also a less stigmatized genre called 'friendship' under which all sorts of friendships despite gender and identity can come. And an abolishment of "bromance" because friendship exists.
NOW TO YOU FELLOW FRUSTRATED HUMAN BEING-
Did i say I have any issue with this show? Or are you assuming that?
Is this show bromance? or is it just friendship? you said they are a duo or rivals so you're saying its friendship and not bromance? if it's not bromance then it's not queerbaiting . Hence I'm not calling the show queerbaiting YET you genius. Because the show is not yet out and only the actual ending could tell if they're aiming for bromance and if its bromance then thats queerbaiting. simple as that. we have to find out what they actually are when the show comes out. Now I'm here for this drama because I've watched separate projects of both the actors and I'm excited to see them together and not because i want them to smooch each other. Neither have I stated anywhere that i wished this was a BL, it has the potential but again it could not be one and thats freaking okay jeez you are more hooked up on the fact that this is not a BL than me (an actual BL content consumer). so i will watch this, i will watch my BLs, I'll watch whatever i please. My two original comments here one about homophobic and one about bromance and queerbaiting are just simply facts. It's really none of the whataboutism or assumption business so what exactly are you even saying? both your replies just does not make sense. it seems to me that you are taking out ur frustration from elsewhere on me. Mind yourself cherry. Read what i said and respond to what i said. Not the comment from 4 days ago that managed to burst your acne pimple. so hold your horses pls drink some watermelon juice they are yummy and have a less constipated day🙏🏽