Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 5 minutes ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 6 LV1
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: December 31, 2023
Replying to lilswtangel • Aug 19, 2024
Reading all the comments about how good episode 17 was but ending on a cliffhanger and with only 1 episode released…
Where do you get ep 17?
I can only access ep 16 today on WeTV, ep 17 is unavailable, hidden.
1 3
Replying to ZZ1 • Aug 1, 2024
I could swear Xu Kai was not this good looking before watching As Beautiful As You! Granted, I haven't seen too…
His eyes were very pretty, big and pure looking, in "the Story of Yanxi Palace"
2 0
Replying to cdramafanca • Jul 25, 2024
Title The Double
No, it won't because now the Netflix owns the copyright.
Youku produces "The Double" so Youku releases the drama first then Viki (buys the copyright from Youku) releases them slightly behind Youku. Meanwhile, Youku put the drama slowly on YouTube, one epi Monday - Friday, except Sat. and Sun.

Netflix has the EXCLUSIVELY copyright for "The Double" but only after all the drama been released by Youku on Youku and Viki. So after all the drama are released on Youku but only a partial eps of series on YouTube then that's all the drama are available on YouTube, no more new release because the copy right belongs to, in this case, Netflix. If the drama is not so popular or the copyright not been bought by stream platforms, such as Netflix, HBO Max and etc., the producers such as Youku or Tencent will continue upload the rest of drama on YouTube because there are still profits made from the ads on YouTube but not as much of the profit as the sale of copyright.
I bet you can't find most of C-drama or any K-drama currently on Netflix on any other stream platforms including YouTube. I can only find the first two eps of "Princess Royal" on YouTube because Netflix has the copyright now. Just like you cannot find "Scent of Time" on YouTube or anywhere except some pirate websites because HBO Max owns the copyright.
3 1
Replying to tigerlilxs • Jul 25, 2024
Title The Double
Does anyone know if the remaining episodes will ever be released on YouTube as well?
No, it won't because now the Netflix owns the copyright.
0 3
Replying to TianQi • Jul 20, 2024
It is annoying when done badly. Unfortunately, it's protocol that in Chinese shows everyone speaks "standard"…
Total understandable
0 0
Replying to Hachi27 • Jul 20, 2024
I can never watch the dub version, always gives me second hand embarrassment 😬 Original is the best 🤟
So you watch the drama in Chinese Mandarin while reading Thai subtitle?
0 1
Replying to TianQi • Jul 20, 2024
It is annoying when done badly. Unfortunately, it's protocol that in Chinese shows everyone speaks "standard"…
Be honest, I don't feel the dubbing in this drama is good and the voices seem off most of time. But again, I'm for the plot so I try to over-look the weirdness in dubbing .

I am not familiar with the Thai dubbing practice for c-drama so I cannot even imagine how it should sound. But in general, the period/historical c-dramas are dubbed except a few actors/actresses are good at delivering their own lines, one example, Wang Xing Yue used his own voice in "The Double" along with other six actors. However, Wu Jin Yan used a voice actor for her lines. In "Scent of Time", Wang Xing Yue also used his own voce. He is that good so he is confident in delivering his own lines.
2 2
Replying to SakuraDream • Jul 20, 2024
Make sure it’s the international version of the Youku app
Thanks for the info
0 0
Replying to TianQi • Jul 20, 2024
It is annoying when done badly. Unfortunately, it's protocol that in Chinese shows everyone speaks "standard"…
I have to protest. It has nothing to do with Mandarin with Beijing accent. This is a low budget production so there is no budget to hire the first tier voice actors. So often the voices and the movements of the actors' mouths are not in sync so it's very difficult to watch and distracting.

The high budget dramas such as "The Double", "The Princess Royal", "The Story of Kunning Palace" and even less popular ones such as "Put Your Head on My Shoulder" and "Somewhere Only We Know", none of them has the dubbing issue we see in this drama and the actors/actresses in all of the dramas I mention in this post either are dubbed in Mandarin with some Beijing accent or speak very standard Mandarin if it's a modern drama.
3 5
Replying to Enigma05 • Jul 20, 2024
Check the App Store. I use it on iPad.
Thank you!
0 0
Replying to Enigma05 • Jul 20, 2024
Check the App Store. I use it on iPad.
Thank you!
0 0
Replying to Enigma05 • Jul 20, 2024
Check the App Store. I use it on iPad.
What kind of payments does Youku allow? Credit cards, bank checking accounts?
0 4
On Dashing Youth • Jul 19, 2024
Anyone know how to sign up with Youku in the U.S.? I tried to sign up on Youku.tv website from my computer, but unable to make the payment because the payment requires AlipayCN. There is no any other options on the payment. How do you guys in the U.S. sign up with Youku?
0 9
Replying to lis • Jul 19, 2024
Title The Double
im at episode 22 in 3 days.. cant stop watching
When it's aired on Youku, one viewers finished all episodes in 3 days!
0 1
Replying to Cherrymotion • Jun 30, 2024
Title The Double
did I just binge watched 40 episodes length drama in 3 days? I feel like a zombie now. and I also have withdrawal…
Any time to eat and sleep?
0 3
Replying to LovDrama222 • Jun 30, 2024
Title The Double
I started rewatching on netflix. I wonder how XFF didn't know what happened to her father and brother. I thought…
Her family lives in a rural town and it takes weeks(old days) to travel from the town to the capital city where XFF resides now with her husband and in-law. In old days, communications and travel are difficult and time-consuming.
6 0
Replying to Miky88 • Jun 29, 2024
Title The Double
There is available in Romania as well but it shows that the series has 30 eps and not 40 :/
A ha, I checked and it's the same 30 eps on Netflix, U.S.A. It still runs 40 eps on YouTube. I guess it has been edited out 10 eps on Netflix. I'll stay on YouTube then.
1 0
On The Double • Jun 29, 2024
Title The Double
The Double is now available on Netflix, U.S.A. and new episodes on Thursdays
3 4
Replying to Anastasia34 • Jun 20, 2024
Just one question. Is Peng Guan Ying part of this drama?
Peng Guan Ying plays the first love of Rose!
2 0