Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 3 hours ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 6 LV1
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: December 31, 2023
Replying to Big_Red_1011 • 10 days ago
Title Against the Current Spoiler
I thought the episode was good too although they did cram 2-3 episodes worth of content here. But clearly many…
I agree that the director could have done a better job on a smoother transaction from "not being on the same path" to "I'm showing you what my path is." Yes, I was waiting for more on this point on and one day break from airing the episodes did not help our processing this change either. But I think the openness and confession from Lin Jin Qi to Lan Xiang in front of her family unmarked graves helped her to open herself up to him and forgiving him, perhaps the Lin family, for abandoning her and her family. I think she finally her "some" closure on her family's tragedy.

Now both of them opened themselves up to each other, both on the same path, which meant she could show and share her true thinking and fears for the Lin family, now it's her family as well.

He trusted her completely since she destroyed the evidence of his treason, which could lead to the death of his entire family, of course, including hers. She still had not revealed her true identity to him and I'm curious about what kind of surprise the director saves for the finale. Pray to God, please don't ruin the ending!
2 0
On Against the Current • 10 days ago
I actually like EP39. I think that the director decided to use a different approach to convey the story. Yes, there are too many time skips and confusion as well but it's packed with hidden messages on danger for serving emperor, any emperors. The decay of the imperial court and the battle with foreign power. Obviously, the director didn't want to spend resource on these scene s so they were conveyed by visual and symbols. Many would criticize the approach but I don't mind it. The episode is very artistic, visually and symbolically.
17 4
Replying to Moreenke • 12 days ago
It's indeed her. She does sing one of the ost that is oftenly played in the drama. ^^
Liu Xue Yi also sing the same song, "Flowers Bloom Along the Courtyard Walls", that Tan Song Yun does. I wish they duet that song.
1 1
On Against the Current • 12 days ago
EP 38 was aired today so 9 episodes left.
No episode on 9/30 😭
10/1 - 10/4 : one episode
I guess then the express package starts on 10/5, Monday, for the final 5 episodes
1 7
Replying to GiuseppeRusso • 12 days ago
Is this show worth the watch?
Depending what type of drama you prefer? True idol or crime, then no
0 1
Replying to Aveira • 12 days ago
https://x.com/tansongyun26/status/2104804976304513345?s=20ATC opens with a douban score of 7.5 👏👏. Good.…
With a mass more than 40K viewers participating! The number can go up if the drama ends well.
2 1
Replying to cdramafanca • 13 days ago
Is on Netflix(U.S) or just Netflix regional?
Found it! It's also available on Netflix U.S.
2 0
Replying to cdramafanca • 13 days ago
I dropped Spring of the Blade after ep 10 because of jarring editing but it's a revenge drama for sure. But Against…
I love Xu Kai and Zhou Yi so I stayed as long as I could!😂
2 0
Replying to Wujigege • 13 days ago
This is a drama from 2015 lol.I don't get why so many of Li Qin dramas were shot years ago
With Li Qin's status, no way she would have taken the trashy drama such as this in 2022. Glad to know the drama is from 2015. Came for Li Qin but glad that I didn't waste time on it.
0 1
Replying to jeoneungd • 13 days ago
A case of Déjà vu…The resemblance between Against the Current and Spring of the Blade is becoming almost uncanny.…
I dropped Spring of the Blade after ep 10 because of jarring editing but it's a revenge drama for sure. But Against the Current is not a revenge drama at all.

Whom were responsible for Shen Jia Lan's entire family death? The emperor and how you revenged against the emperor? Perhaps against the Lin family? Even if the Lin family forewarned the Shen family, the Shen family still would not be able to escape from their fate. Furthermore, what Lin Jin Qi's grandfather knew Shen Jia Lan's grandfather already knew since he was an official for the court just like the elder Lin and they all had connections in the court. What the elder Lin did wrong was morally wrong, entirely abandoned the Shen, but he's not wrong to protect his own clan with more than hundreds people's lives.
4 5
Replying to dramafeast • 15 days ago
Insight of Director's take on ATC, the garden, last episode being most touching, message of drama and female characters...…
Appreciate the spoiler tag!💕
1 1
Replying to SceneStealer • 15 days ago
Royal Nirvana really does stay with you. Excellent drama, but I've never quite persuaded myself to go through…
Thank you and I'll go back to find that scene.
1 0
Replying to SceneStealer • 15 days ago
Royal Nirvana really does stay with you. Excellent drama, but I've never quite persuaded myself to go through…
What pen name? I must have missed it because I'm totally up to the most recent episode.
1 2
Replying to cdramafanca • 15 days ago
Title Against the Current Spoiler
She will also learn what Lin Jinqi did for her family. The whole revelation will be epic but I want it be later…
Yes, in the novel I leaned more about the thinking of the emperor. Toward the very end, the emperor realized all along the crown prince was very much like him, not CP's uncle as many kept claiming. No, I haven't and I'm going to today while waiting for ATC to drop the new episodes.
1 1
Replying to PeachBlossomGoddess • 15 days ago
Omg that was one of the most tragic dramas ever with the most beautiful and memorable romantic lines - even though…
Do you know there is a sequel of "Royal Nirvana?" "Royal Nirvana Special" with 12 episodes was supposed to give "Royal Nirvana" a proper closure. I haven't watched it and I might just watch it now while waiting for ATC releasing new episodes.
0 0
Replying to Mbee88 • 15 days ago
I’m seriously looking forward to the day Lin Jinqi finds out that Xu Lanxiang is actually Shen Jianlan. I need…
She will also learn what Lin Jinqi did for her family. The whole revelation will be epic but I want it be later not sooner. Because once it happens, I lose interest in the drama. Also that she escaped from the punishment meant for her entire family was a death penalty itself not only for her also for the people who helped her to escape so I don't think she will easily reveal her true identity.

Royal Nirvana is so underrated! Love the story and acting but it's so sad but at the same so beautiful. I couldn't understand why the emperor didn't love the crown prince, in order to have a closure, I read the novel after finishing the drama. Really love that drama and many new c-drama fans don't know about this hidden gem.
1 3
On Against the Current • 17 days ago
People, please kindly use a spoiler tag when posting. I'm up to the most recent episode every day but many new viewers join the discussion daily. This drama is full of twists and surprises so kindly use spoiler tags.
9 0