Editorials
This review may contain spoilers
Match Point This Love Has Been Served ❤️
Plot SummaryThe story revolved around Sun and Bae. Two former best friends who have drifted apart due to a family conflict. Bae keeps pulling silly pranks on Sun and Sun retaliates, creating a headache for the wise Principal and feeble tennis coach, Kong.
When one bet gets out of hand the Principal orders that Bae and Sun form a tennis doubles team and compete at an interschool tournament. It is through the process of preparing for this event that hidden feelings come to the fore and a forbidden love blooms.
Bae’s older brother , Boat, has a secret. He has dropped out of medical school and his father has instructed him not to tell anyone in their community about it. When he meets Kong, his former schoolmate, this secret becomes harder to keep. When Kong senses that he is trying to keep his distance from him, he closes in, and a crush that has been buried for more than 10 years sends them both on a collision course with destiny and Boat’s father.
Review
I started Match Point as a leap of faith, I always give the Sunday show a 3 episode watch before I decide what to do. I am glad I did because I discovered this gem (I watched the pilot but that was ages ago and there were more than 20 announced shows, I honestly do not remember the plots of all the shows that have not aired yet). I fell in love with Teshow and Ping from their first scene and have devoured all of their content (pre and post series) ever since. They have portrayed Bae and Sun so well that I feel like they have become a part of my life. I will miss you so much BaeSun, I am part of the community that supported you all the way! This was a beautiful coming of age story, teaching both parents and their kids the meaning of letting go and taking a leap of faith.
BONUS I got to see the lovely Chimon as Coach Kong, who has his eyes and heart set on the handsome and suave Boat, Mr Sing😊. They are so well matched and I am eagerly awaiting their next work! Hopefully with a show of their own?🎉
I can’t wait to see what these 2 couples do in their next series!
Was this review helpful to you?
This review may contain spoilers
First came a kick and then came love
I haven’t felt this good watching a show in a while, I get a dopamine surge every time I tune in. Like it doesn’t feel like work to watch it, the time just flies by.Lol why are people complaining about dubbing? Hello this is a HK/CHN series, which CHN BL hasn’t had any dubbing? I love my self a good enemies to lovers and this is giving that and more. There is a decent plot too, give this show a chance, I am 2 episodes in and I thoroughly enjoy it.
Was this review helpful to you?
This review may contain spoilers
Be ready to cry
I thoroughly enjoyed watching this show. What I enjoyed the most was that the plot was well thoughtout and not contrived. Just people living their lives, making mistakes and dealing with the consequences of those mistakes. Every character had a well fleshed out backstory and the cast did an amazing job acting out their roles. I thought I could go through the whole show without crying but the last scene got me good. Overall, it was wonderful series with great deal of mystery, comedy and great character development and chemistry.Was this review helpful to you?
This review may contain spoilers
Our floor is haunted, so what?
This second third (episode 9) has a much more grittier vibe than the first 8 episodes. It has a spooky dimension to it but it has not let go of its comedic roots. We are introduced to Dao and Arthit’s lives in greater detail, with new characters being visible in both their lives. Side note; I think this is the first time I have seen a main character have 2 dad’s, I might be wrong, I think I have watched a BL were the main character has 2 moms so yay! More representation! It also ties in nicely with what was discussed in episode 8. Anyway, to avoid adding more spoilers, I am just going to say the first episode was a hit and I am looking forward to seeing how the story develops!Was this review helpful to you?

1