(Thoughts on the (perhaps possible ending): I think (the trailer) they are putting in the scenes to fool us. The scene of the whip against the flower petals near the cemetery is in the book (it was someone else's body), and she is alive and recovering elsewhere. In the drama trailer, there are many new scenes (as the book is very short) and there have been many improvements to the story. Then, in the trailer, another scene to deceive us: They dressed in red wedding clothes (both lying in bed, she unconscious), and he with a knife in his hand, looking like he's going to kill himself, someone commented that this reminds a lot the story of Romeo and Juliet (Romeo killed himself because he thought Juliet was dead), but she had just drunk a substance that makes a person appear dead. When Juliet wakes up and sees that Romeo has died, she also kills herself. PS:In the trailer Jing He carries Mei Lin on his back, she is unconscious. Then there is a scene of him drinking in front of a river, with her leaning on his shoulders, unconscious. (It could be that he thinks she's really dead). And another (behind scene), him taking care of her near the tree. In these 3 scenes she and he are wearing the same clothes. Let's combine these scenes with the scene of them dressed in red. It could be that he thinks she died (and for a moment he thought about killing himself), but I think it's so illogical with his character (they both need to fulfill their revenge first), he wouldn't do this desperate act without having fulfilled his goals, for more than he loves her (and besides, he knew that their goals could bring risks to their lives). PS: There are behind-the-scenes scenes: Mei Lin and Jing He sitting on a balcony admiring the flowers (I think), as it is in the book. He, in emperor's robes.
This scene was the last to be filmed (I don't know if it will be the last in the drama). When the actors finished filming it, they looked happy and proud. PS: Besides the fact that Ye Qin already mentioned in one of the episodes that he was going to use a substance that makes it seem like the person is dead. He was going to use it to help Mei Lin be freed from prison. (But it wasn't used.) Maybe the writers put this here, to warn us that this could happen later.
I came to comment on this scene too..I'm Lowkey glad they didn't make her suck the poison out of his legs as the…
But I looked at the photos here. I think they got it wrong, there is a scene where they are again near a river, sitting on a rock. And they kiss, but in different clothes. Fans may have been mistaken. Or, there would be in both moments: and they removed it here because it wouldn't work for a better scene in the drama.
An element that was cut from the scene near the rock, near the river, is the problem caused by the snake bite.⬇️
PS: Originally this scene contained a kiss between the two characters. I appreciated that they removed this element, it wouldn't have looked good in the context of the story so far. (And it would be painfully more embarrassing). So they made the right choice.
I see a happy ending in the positive development of the two main characters' personal development. Messages hidden in the plot, which if we pay attention, are telling us something positive in the end. They always say, "It can't kill me." There is a reference to the immortal flower in the story, a flower that never dies, which is Mei Lin's favorite flower, and which despite showing Jing He's admiration for her, also represents himself (the personality that does not accept defeat), in most difficult moments in life. They are two similar characters. Like sides of the same coin. PS: In addition to a hidden message on the board that JIng He's mother left for him before she died (giving a warning, explaining her love for him, that she trusted him, that everything they accused him of, she knew he was innocent) . She died but managed to leave this message for him. And it was Mei Lin who made this possible. (In addition to the 5 trailers), and the ost. Some can see a sad ending, but I see many messages in text drama showing otherwise. PS: Another element, lines from the trailer: "I pay back what I owe you. Everything I made you suffer, I will spend my whole life making it up to you. Mei Lin, I'm here with you."
That's right!:⬇️"but a partnership where both characters are just as whipped and downbad for each other."
I think the xianxia that is about to be broadcast in December has this element of partnership to face the world together, saving each other even when they are wronged. "A moment but forever" with Liu Xue Yi and Tiffany Tang. He is a wronged fox and she is an artisan goddess who comes down to earth to kill him, but finds reasons to save him. They will come together to save the world. https://kisskh.at/746371-tian-xia-wu-shuang
Lol indeed, he is already close to master's in loserism and it's just the beginning
I mean like a Russian doll. There is a story, and within this story, and another, like several layers, to find (the true story) that is being told. That's why it looks like you're going really fast in a Formula 1 car.
It's a rebirth in another sense. I see the main characters always being reborn in this story. When it seems like they're destroyed, they find the strength again to carry on.
I think (the trailer) they are putting in the scenes to fool us. The scene of the whip against the flower petals near the cemetery is in the book (it was someone else's body), and she is alive and recovering elsewhere.
In the drama trailer, there are many new scenes (as the book is very short) and there have been many improvements to the story. Then, in the trailer, another scene to deceive us: They dressed in red wedding clothes (both lying in bed, she unconscious), and he with a knife in his hand, looking like he's going to kill himself, someone commented that this reminds a lot the story of Romeo and Juliet (Romeo killed himself because he thought Juliet was dead), but she had just drunk a substance that makes a person appear dead. When Juliet wakes up and sees that Romeo has died, she also kills herself.
PS:In the trailer Jing He carries Mei Lin on his back, she is unconscious. Then there is a scene of him drinking in front of a river, with her leaning on his shoulders, unconscious. (It could be that he thinks she's really dead). And another (behind scene), him taking care of her near the tree. In these 3 scenes she and he are wearing the same clothes.
Let's combine these scenes with the scene of them dressed in red. It could be that he thinks she died (and for a moment he thought about killing himself), but I think it's so illogical with his character (they both need to fulfill their revenge first), he wouldn't do this desperate act without having fulfilled his goals, for more than he loves her (and besides, he knew that their goals could bring risks to their lives).
PS:
There are behind-the-scenes scenes: Mei Lin and Jing He sitting on a balcony admiring the flowers (I think), as it is in the book. He, in emperor's robes.
This scene was the last to be filmed (I don't know if it will be the last in the drama). When the actors finished filming it, they looked happy and proud.
PS:
Besides the fact that Ye Qin already mentioned in one of the episodes that he was going to use a substance that makes it seem like the person is dead. He was going to use it to help Mei Lin be freed from prison. (But it wasn't used.) Maybe the writers put this here, to warn us that this could happen later.
Or, there would be in both moments: and they removed it here because it wouldn't work for a better scene in the drama.
In Blossom
➡️https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm66MbxX568&list=PLxplWeBw3y5j9iRMCmCJg2oLuHaIASjGi&index=8
➡️https://youtube.com/shorts/pCbl3mZ0e6c?si=90R9TUKbz9kfVFhN
PS:
Another element, lines from the trailer: "I pay back what I owe you. Everything I made you suffer, I will spend my whole life making it up to you. Mei Lin, I'm here with you."
https://kisskh.at/746371-tian-xia-wu-shuang
That's why it looks like you're going really fast in a Formula 1 car.