Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 13 hours ago
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: July 24, 2022
Replying to SSS • 2 days ago
There can be described other way around too. Both are lead in their own life and othy character was built around.…
The thing is that I disagree that Pi O chased and thought about Jeong Yo only. I also didn't see his deep deep yearning. His priorities were very clear: his music and carrer, his mom, Jeong Yo, (maybe Jae In), and then himself. And the fact that he came last has nothing to do with Jeong Yo but with the toxic environment he grow up in. I am not denying Jeong Yo was important for him, but for me it was not at the level you describe.

I understand your thoughts better now though and thank you for explaining. It is also clear that we disagree on the story as I wish for more and you take it for what it is, and that is ok.

I am not offended, I did got defensive because with little argument about the story assumptions were made about my ability to understand the show. When a discussion about screenwriting turns into 'you don't understand' or 'stop acting like,' it shuts down the actual show based conversation. I'm here to critique the writing, not to be analyzed as a person and not looking for a personal argument. There is a difference between the two.
0 0
Replying to SSS • 2 days ago
There can be described other way around too. Both are lead in their own life and othy character was built around.…
I will give a few examples, but they all come down to one thing: they *tell* us who Jeong Yo is and they *show* us who Pi O is.

It is cheap to just say someone can compose music in their head. Showing the actual process,: how he hears the notes, the obsession, the struggle is what makes a genius character a genious.

Plotting revenge for a decade requires massive sacrifice and psychological weight. We were shown a 30 sec clip of it.

So Jeong Yo is half developed. I get that for the love plot, Jeong Yo's inner thoughts have to be consumed by Pi O and he should be all in mystery to serve that plot. But he can be his own person to.
1 2
Replying to SSS • 2 days ago
There can be described other way around too. Both are lead in their own life and othy character was built around.…
It doesn't matter if they are lovers, friends, brothers, or kindred souls for the argument I am making. Whether they are in love or friends doesn't change my point: Jeong Yo deserved better character development.

I honestly do not get why you're commenting just to dismiss my opinion and argue about whether this is a BL or not.
2 4
Replying to SSS • 2 days ago
There can be described other way around too. Both are lead in their own life and othy character was built around.…
I do not mean that Pi O is the only lead. I mean that I wanted more Jeong Yo story and development.
0 6
Replying to lovelaughter • 2 days ago
These are the lingering feelings I have after finishing the show: I know that Pi O was the lead of this show and…
Looking at the comments, I guess I have to add that I do not consider this drama as BL. I think about it as deep friendship drama and I believe in deep friendship without romantic feelings overall. Maybe more correctly would be to say, that I am equally ok if they are lovers or friends, that doesn't change the drama for me.
4 0
On Four Hands, Two Sonatas • 2 days ago
These are the lingering feelings I have after finishing the show: I know that Pi O was the lead of this show and Jeong Yo's character was built around him. His traumas weren't shown to us as much, his development came second, and his emotions did as well. This makes me very sad because I would have loved to see more. I wanted to see more of how Pi O influenced Jeong Yo, what music meant to him, how did he become so talented, how did he develop music, and why he made the decision to play in the end. I feel like a lot of the decisions he made were just to serve Pi O's character development, which made the storyline feel unequal to me.
1 9
Replying to twinty • 4 days ago
Let's put it this way. It is torture watching one ep a day because when each episode ends you want to see the…
Oh right! I always forget about express packages. Soon then!
0 1
Replying to lovelaughter • 4 days ago
Yeah, I almost dropped it for the reasons you describe, so I relate a lot. I guess this show is not binge-watch…
Totally relate! I liked love in the clouds a lot. I also liked love between lines, it has the same actress for FL. Legend of female general is great as well.

I finidhed the show, half scrolled though, half watched and it was okish, but that feeling that something is missing never went away, so there was always some gap for me.
2 1
Replying to twinty • 4 days ago
Let's put it this way. It is torture watching one ep a day because when each episode ends you want to see the…
Seems like one week is left of episodes. It's been great so far! Thank you!
0 3
On Irreplaceable • 6 days ago
I am considering whether to watch this show, how is pacing here? Is there something that moves plot forward? For context, I liked love in the cloud and love between lines, but the second half of pursuit of jade and the best thing were off for me on pacing.
1 8
Replying to _Shinigami_ • 6 days ago
Be warned, this might include spoilers:Sometimes I feel like half the plot is missing, and there are some pretty…
Yeah, I almost dropped it for the reasons you describe, so I relate a lot. I guess this show is not binge-watch friedly for me...
4 3
Replying to Kimorah Sther • 6 days ago
I wasn't going to drop a review or comment on this drama, but I left this comment on the Spring of Blade page…
Yes, I do not get why to cast a kid with an adult actor in a romance drama...
3 1
Replying to OOO • 13 days ago
I don't like how they're showing that hard work and dedication mean nothing and that you'll never get better if…
I also do not like that, I agree with you. I do not think that this is how music world actually works. Yes, do you need to have talent, but with hard work for as many years as Pi O you get to success. Also the goal of pianist is literaly to play accurately to the key, so I do not get this show premise on this.
5 0
Replying to Zarabin • 13 days ago
Honestly, sometimes I wonder if Jeongyo is actually that mentally strong, or if the writers are just overlooking…
Yeah, spot on. The only possible explanation I have is that his mom was a very cool person and he had a great childhood with her, so that helped with a strong psycological foundation for him.
2 0
Replying to Kseniya Green • 13 days ago
From a psychological point of view, the only thing that can save Pio is anger. Until his anger at his mother turns…
I love your perspective. It does make sense that he needs to rebel or stood up for himself or get angry. I am not sure how much he has it in him, because he was told to follow his whole life. That would be great to see him grow.
2 0
Replying to circleseven • 13 days ago
whichever choice bio makes, he's gonna be burdened either way. choosing to protect his mom's secret like what…
I think his mom is narcissistic enough to manipulate him using her life, but she wouldn't actually do that.
2 0
Replying to lovelaughter • 13 days ago
actually even as a viewer I do not know how far he goes for him?
Yeah, it was as if that is such a big secret. But it is for Pi O because of imposter syndrom most likely.
2 0
Replying to lovelaughter • 13 days ago
actually even as a viewer I do not know how far he goes for him?
I think Pi O did that search for himself suspecting his mom all the time. Pi O searching for Jeong Yo did nothing for Jeong Yo, literally. For helping to overcome stage fright, he also had his interests in mind first and foremost.

To be honest I feel bad for Pi O, he comes across as an individul who has to always go and figre it out because some big name or his grandpa told him to. And he goes and practice and practice even as an adult without normal support system. It's a tragedy of weird environment he is in. However, I do not think he did much for Jeong Yo. He wanted to learn from him, then wanted to beat him, then he woudn't even mention his name during interview. So yeah...
6 3
Replying to checha • 13 days ago
Sad that jeong yo doesn’t even know how far pio is going just for him
actually even as a viewer I do not know how far he goes for him?
4 5
Replying to yuri • 17 days ago
> Concept started off really good tbh. No one actually wants to stay with one person that long idc if that…
If someone only defines love by initial butterflies, then yeah, the rest of the relationship is going to feel empty. But in reality, what comes after the spark (I like you) is a more grounded love - I respect you, I trust you, I want to build my life with you. It takes actual effort, but it leads to a deeper partnership.
3 1