The scene where Cao Xin reunites with his biological mother, Huo Qinglian. It was gentle and tender, yet brimming with an unbreakable bond between mother and son. She said filming that scene left her profoundly touched; she lingered on set for a long, long time, unable to compose herself. To ease her emotions, she slipped away to an empty corner and called her own mother. Even now, talking about that scene still brings tears to her eyes.
It’s fine to portray how difficult things can be for people with special needs, but there’s no need to make ordinary people sound like they’re just taking advantage of them.
Just because Cao Xin was healthy, he got overlooked and abandoned. Just because he seemed okay, he was expected to take care of a friend his own age. And just because he was kind and understanding, everyone took him for granted? He worked hard to get all these opportunities too. 😭 What a pitiful boy. He is literally a saint.
i love how cao xin grows up so well eventhough under such a strict parental! his character really isn’t just a one-dimensional “academic ace” type. he studies hard and takes school seriously, but he also has his own little clever tricks, and when problems come up, he has the wisdom and resourcefulness to figure out how to solve them!
just look at qi's guys 🤣 so you know where did michievous traits come from~
Actually, September 3 isn't just the date Born at the Right Time starts — it's also the day Xiaotong and Ziqi enrolled at Beijing Film Academy. Exactly ten years ago, Xiaotong's Weibo already had Ziqi's name on it.
Ten years ago, their names were written twenty centimeters apart, right above the words "Welcome, new classmates."
Ten years later, they're together telling a story about old classmates.
A line from the drama says: "Maybe right now, we are the best versions of ourselves."
when the kids faking act to prevent cao's dad from getting married 🤣 had me laughing then realized cao xin really crying bcs he missed his mom. this had me bawling my eyes 😭
The veteran actor Guo Tao talking about Wang Ziqi 🥰
Let me give some more praise to Ziqi. I think Ziqi is an actor with a special kind of inner strength. I hadn't worked with him before, so I didn't know much about him, but I always felt that he quietly observes on set — watching, learning, and grasping the nuances. Setting aside what the role itself already gives him, I think he's someone who really knows how to capture the essence of a scene.
Maybe because we're playing a family — there's that built‑in family bond and a lot of history between the characters — but he found a unique way of working that created a natural rhythm with us. That's what makes him so smart. Because we had the younger versions of the characters earlier — the child actors, growing up step by step — we all needed to understand that backstory carefully. For me and Liu Lin, since we play the parents throughout, raising them from childhood, we kept watching those child actors' performances to find a sense of continuity. I think that's a very professional and intelligent approach.
I didn't have as many scenes with Ziqi as Xiaotong did, but I especially thought — especially that hospital scene — your handling of it was really good! The director even said, 'This is such an important scene — should we do another take?' But I said it was actually great. Everyone's sense of measure was just right. Later, when I was dubbing, I watched that hospital scene — the most important one — all the way through properly, and the performances really held up well."
"In My Prime" is a period family drama series adapted from Han Shisan's novel "Close Neighbors (Jin Lin)." It stars Guan Xiaotong and Wang Ziqi along with Liu Lin, Guo Tao, and Guo Xiaodong. In the early 1980s, in the small town of Qingwu, the Qi and Cao families with vastly different family dynamics each welcome a new baby: Qi Shi and Cao Xin. Qi Shi, who suffers from albinism, is acutely aware of her difference from a young age, resorting to drinking soy sauce and wearing wigs in a desperate attempt to fit in. Meanwhile, Cao Xin is the quintessential perfect child in other parents' eyes-yet his reputation comes at the cost of his father's harsh demands. When the unconventional, brave, and stubborn girl crosses paths with the well-behaved, disciplined, and high-achieving boy, the two families-already close neighbors-find their lives intertwined through an absurd swapped-at-birth incident. This sparks a journey filled with tears and the chance for rebirth. As the younglings navigate the trials of family, friendship, and romance, the grown-ups grapple with their career, marriage, and family life. In the torrent of time filled with ups and downs, they heal and grow hand in hand, striving to find their calling and true happiness. This series will be streaming on iQIYI International (iQ.com).
https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:5340634379386936
We are going to cry A LOT later!
It’s fine to portray how difficult things can be for people with special needs, but there’s no need to make ordinary people sound like they’re just taking advantage of them.
Just because Cao Xin was healthy, he got overlooked and abandoned. Just because he seemed okay, he was expected to take care of a friend his own age. And just because he was kind and understanding, everyone took him for granted? He worked hard to get all these opportunities too. 😭 What a pitiful boy. He is literally a saint.
just look at qi's guys 🤣 so you know where did michievous traits come from~
Ten years ago, their names were written twenty centimeters apart, right above the words "Welcome, new classmates."
Ten years later, they're together telling a story about old classmates.
A line from the drama says: "Maybe right now, we are the best versions of ourselves."
And so — they are truly born at the right time.
Let me give some more praise to Ziqi. I think Ziqi is an actor with a special kind of inner strength. I hadn't worked with him before, so I didn't know much about him, but I always felt that he quietly observes on set — watching, learning, and grasping the nuances. Setting aside what the role itself already gives him, I think he's someone who really knows how to capture the essence of a scene.
Maybe because we're playing a family — there's that built‑in family bond and a lot of history between the characters — but he found a unique way of working that created a natural rhythm with us. That's what makes him so smart. Because we had the younger versions of the characters earlier — the child actors, growing up step by step — we all needed to understand that backstory carefully. For me and Liu Lin, since we play the parents throughout, raising them from childhood, we kept watching those child actors' performances to find a sense of continuity. I think that's a very professional and intelligent approach.
I didn't have as many scenes with Ziqi as Xiaotong did, but I especially thought — especially that hospital scene — your handling of it was really good! The director even said, 'This is such an important scene — should we do another take?' But I said it was actually great. Everyone's sense of measure was just right. Later, when I was dubbing, I watched that hospital scene — the most important one — all the way through properly, and the performances really held up well."
http://t.cn/AX0tb4kJ
Meanwhile, Cao Xin is the quintessential perfect child in other parents' eyes-yet his reputation comes at the cost of his father's harsh demands. When the unconventional, brave, and stubborn girl crosses paths with the well-behaved, disciplined, and high-achieving boy, the two families-already close neighbors-find their lives intertwined through an absurd swapped-at-birth incident. This sparks a journey filled with tears and the chance for rebirth. As the younglings navigate the trials of family, friendship, and romance, the grown-ups grapple with their career, marriage, and family life. In the torrent of time filled with ups and downs, they heal and grow hand in hand, striving to find their calling and true happiness. This series will be streaming on iQIYI International (iQ.com).
From Sept 3rd onwards, airing on CCTV-1, iQIYI & Migu Video~
https://weibo.com/2030112487/5338413403474446
https://weibo.com/7986992518/5338421028979322