You overlooked the most suspicious unsuspicious person. With power and close to the emperor. Very lowkey but what…
I only took it Zhili didn't see Nian as love interest because he's been a younger brother to her all these years. I thought as the series progresses, Zhi Li would develop feelings for him. But once again, you raised a legit point. It would be cruel to pair her with someone who actually would be the villain. Hmmm...love these sleuthing we're coming up with. 😂
Yin Qing is not super low chance , probably second best chance after chancellor gu
Hmmmm....your comment makes me re-think why I initially categorized him as super low chance. It was tainted with a comment I read about Yin Qing. But if I were to throw that comment out and assess with only the info from the show, I agree with your thought, and I would also place him second best chance after Gu.
I can't stop seeing Xue Fang Fei/ Jiang Li here. I'm on ep 9 and it's just that actress can't get out of the previous…
I definitely see Jiang Li when WJY did the drunken scene in the rain in Royal Betrothal. I think she's cast here because as Meng Ting Hui because they want someone just like Jiang Li. I enjoyed Jiang Li so much that I don't mind her continuing her fierceness and path to justice here as MTH.
As of the latest ep 10, we see a person higher up than the Baron. This person has power in the palace court and seeks to overthrow the crown. Who do you think he is? Cast your vote....
1) Left Chancellor Xu (low chance)
2) Right Chancellor Gu (high chance)
3) Grand Tutor Shen (low chance - but this would be the ultimate twist)
She had the villain Lyu'er beaten to death!!! And here I've been waiting to see how this nasty fellow is going…
I didn't know the og title didn't pass censorship. That's interesting. I never heard about a title not passing censorship in cdrama-land. Where did you read this? I rather like the current title. Short and precise to its meaning.
She had the villain Lyu'er beaten to death!!! And here I've been waiting to see how this nasty fellow is going…
I understand your intention, but in this case, we can't use the word Dowry. In Chinese culture from ancient time to modern day, dowry is reserved ONLY for the bride's family to bring to the marriage. Since the Empire belongs to the Emperor, he's offering that as the betrothal gift (cai li) in his hand of marriage. "Pin Li/Cai Li" is the bridal price/betrothal gift the groom brings to the marriage.
I’m here because of Wu Jin Yan and consider her a premier actor. But I question the choice of Chen Zhe Yuan…
I believe the storyline just fine. As a matter of fact, WJY and CZY carry the drama. If they weren't cast, I wouldn't even bother with the show, and I think other viewers feel the same. CZY is well cast here as the ML. Their on-screen chemistry is beautiful and I simply beg for more.
The casting manager can find another pair closer in age to play ML/FL, or just swap out either ML or FL with another actor/actress closer in age with the remaining person, but what good would that do if there's no on-screen chemistry? It 'd just be a flop.
Truly, so sad to see age difference being a major issue in enjoying a show, especially when it's not a super wide gap. Just so you know, the age gap between Jeremy to WJY and WJY to CZY is the same. I rather have CZY as the ML as I think he's more suitable for the role.
My take is probably filming scheduling conflict, but also because this series may not have the budget to pay extra…
This was filmed from August - Nov 2025. I don't know when she had her baby. And you're right, I would appreciate voice over active acting, too, if I just had a baby. =)
Does anyone know why Chen Zheyuan didnt do his own dubbing in this one? he was doing his voice over in Fated Hearts,…
My take is probably filming scheduling conflict, but also because this series may not have the budget to pay extra for CZY's time to dub himself. As you can see, Mango doesn't even have proper subtitle, nor $$ for promotion, nor $$ to hire a famed director. With what budget they're allocated, I'm happy that the studio managed to sign FL and ML on. =)
In the poster fl wore a rob. Question is, wedding robe? Not seem like a official robe to me.🤭
Yes, and the look is befitting of a queen, mainly due to her headpiece with strung beads, normally reserved for the Emperor or someone with ruling power.
Who is the one that's following the FL? There seems to be a slash on the face, and they never showed the face…
I think it's her old "boss" who abused her when she was a teenager. He smoked with a long pipe. The first time he showed up again, we only saw someone's back/side with a long smoking pipe.
1) Left Chancellor Xu (low chance)
2) Right Chancellor Gu (high chance)
3) Grand Tutor Shen (low chance - but this would be the ultimate twist)
4) Yin Qing (super low chance) ==> revised to (second highest chance)
5) Alter ego persona hasn't appear yet (mid chance)
6) Di Nian (mid chance) ==> newly added. See reason below in a response.
The casting manager can find another pair closer in age to play ML/FL, or just swap out either ML or FL with another actor/actress closer in age with the remaining person, but what good would that do if there's no on-screen chemistry? It 'd just be a flop.
Truly, so sad to see age difference being a major issue in enjoying a show, especially when it's not a super wide gap. Just so you know, the age gap between Jeremy to WJY and WJY to CZY is the same. I rather have CZY as the ML as I think he's more suitable for the role.