Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 2 days ago
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 8 LV1
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: March 2, 2021
Replying to viraleksa • May 19, 2026
Title Light to the Night Spoiler
What was wrong with all this...
I loved this drama so much. I was just left with a few big issues.

Firstly, it left me thinking that Ran Fang Xu, however brilliant, intelligent, upright and wonderful he was, unfortunately did a few things a cop should never do:
1) never fall in love with someone involved in the case because it can affect your impartiality and judgment of the case
2) never give someone a promise they can turn themselves in later but instead arrest the culprit at once
He was exceptionally amazing, but he broke these rules and it had terrible consequences. The rules exist for a reason: so that tragedies like this could be avoided.

If he hadn't overlooked his duty as a cop to suspect every single person in Yuanlongli instead of being so smitten by Qiao Su Qing that it made him not pay attention earlier to the warning sings (the mud on her clothes the first time they met etc.) then maybe this all could have been avoided. On the other hand, it is human nature to fall in love, so it's understandable. But when he went to see her after finding out she was guilty he made the second mistake which was the ultimate deadly mistake: giving her time until the next day to turn herself in. He of course cared about her and was thinking that turning herself in will possibly reduce her sentence. And of course he didn't have any sense of danger at this point because he thought the culprit was just her; he had no idea that Xu Meng was still alive and that giving Qiao Su Qing more time would put his life in danger after Xu Meng found out about it. Of course, yet again, his choice was understandable and very human, and he can't be blamed at that point for not knowing that Xu Meng was the main culprit and that he was in any danger. It just hurts to know that if only he hadn't given Qiao Su Qing any leeway and mercy, then he would've probably survived and stayed alive and had a chance to keep investigating and perhaps catching Xu Meng himself.

The only thing that made me feel better was seeing that, before he died, he saw Xu Meng standing above him, so he died knowing that the woman he loved was not the killer as he had thought. The look in his eyes when he went to meet Xiao Qiao was so painful because the poor man thought that she was the cruel coldblooded murderer and that he had been in love with a murderer this whole time. After all Qiao Su Qing didn't personally kill anyone: she only chopped up a dead body and lead Wu Shan Long to his death (the trap itself was made by Xu Meng).

Secondly, there was another big no-no in this drama. No matter how experienced and excellent a cop He Yuan Hang was, he also did something a cop shouldn't do, or should I say, something that a father shouldn't do, or should I say, something that no human being with a brain in their head should do: he left Xiaohe as a little girl in the care of a woman he had just met in the building where they were investigating a case. He knew nothing about Qiao Su Qing, just made the assumption that she seems like a nice lady, and asked her to take care of Xiaohe overnight while he went on to investigate because he was too busy to take care of his own child. Qiao Su Qing had just a while ago chopped up a human body into pieces in her own bathroom and hidden the pieces in the woods and now little Xiaohe is left alone with her in her apartment. Of course He Yuan Hang couldn't know this, and of course Qiao Su Qing wouldn't have hurt Xiaohe (unlike Xu Meng). But still, come one, this is the reason why you make sure you have a safe person as a babysitter if you yourself are unable to take care of your child because of work or something else. I now find it creepy to think that poor Xiaohe was staying overnight in the apartment, where something like that had happened, and with the person who had done something like that to another human being (no matter how horrible that human being had been while he was alive). In all honesty, actually also the fact that Ran Fang Xu brought Xiaohe with him to Yuanlongli while he was investigating was also something that goes against the rules of being a cop but I understand they of course made some choices in the drama for the sake of the storytelling and dramatic effect.

All in all, a wonderful drama, and the fact that it got me this emotional and that these things bothered me so much, shows what a deep impact the drama had. I haven't cried like this in a while watching a drama, I really almost grieved Ran Fang Xu even though he is a fictional character. I already started re-watching, it feels very different seeing it the second time around now that I know everything that happened.
5 2
Replying to Vikishen • May 18, 2026
I recommend you to watch Wang Hedi's movie "Per Aspera Ad Astra" (星河入梦). It is really good. And…
I was admiring how he used restraint in this role, suttle little changes of expression on his face, one single tear falls from his eye, the look in his eyes changes just a bit. It was different from his previous roles where he is usually very vocal, animated and expressive. This shows such growth yet again in his acting skills. Thanks for the suggestion, but I am yet unable to watch Per Aspera Ad Astra. I'm from Finland and I can't yet have access to watch it anywhere, I know it's on Tencent and Youku but I only have international Youku (it wasn't available there) and access to WeTV (it wasn't available there). I'll have to wait for it to arrive on Netflix and even then I am not 100% certain that Netflix in my region will show it. I really struggle as a C-drama fan to be able to watch some of the content here in Finland...
1 1
On Light to the Night • May 17, 2026
Title Light to the Night Spoiler
So proud of Didi ❤️I do love him in his previous roles but there was just something so special about Ran Fang Xu, I absolutely love this role. I cried my eyes out; all it takes is to see Didi's gentle eyes and smile to genuinely care about his character and then when something tragic happens to his character it freaking hurts! Still, even though this was a crime investigation drama and at times quite heartbreaking, I don't know what it is about Didi, but whenever I watch his dramas I just immediately somehow feel better no matter what is going on in my own life.

This whole drama was amazing, well written, well directed, interesting, proceeded calmly in its own pace without trying to please people who are obsessed with fast paced dramas. Everybody did such a good job. I didn't like Ren Min before but she was really great in this role and this is now my favorite role of hers. Pan Yue Ming was a new acquintance for me, he is such a good actor. Broke my heart, he was like the father Ran Fang Xu didn't have, treated him almost like a son and then lost him 😭Jiang Pei Yao was really quite surprising in this drama and truly showed her acting skills.

I love the ending song, I can't find online who sings it, it keeps playing in my head, so captivating.
2 3
On The Lament of Autumn • May 11, 2026
Does anyone know if it is true that Dou Xiao (Shawn Dou) will have a guest role in this drama? Because I saw him on the filming site dressed up as a soldier but he hasn't been listed as one of the actors in the drama... If Cheng Lei and Dou Xiao are in the same drama even for a very short part of the drama I am totally going to freak out over here!
1 2
Replying to Suz_Suz • May 11, 2026
Ran Fangxu, why are you in a low mood and not picking up your Master’s calls? Is it because Qiao Suqing is at…
Really?!! I am not there yet, I get to see it tomorrow!
0 1
Replying to Suz_Suz • May 11, 2026
Ran Fangxu, why are you in a low mood and not picking up your Master’s calls? Is it because Qiao Suqing is at…
Yeah, exactly, where is the cigarette burned guy?
0 3
Replying to eliteles1 • May 10, 2026
Title Snow Trace
Blue Button2 hours ago From Liu Xueyi's Super TopicThe drama promotion ⬅️"Tracing the Snow,"(Jagged…
Okay, so patiently still waiting.
1 1
Replying to eliteles1 • May 10, 2026
Title Snow Trace
Blue Button2 hours ago From Liu Xueyi's Super TopicThe drama promotion ⬅️"Tracing the Snow,"(Jagged…
What does "will launch on May 11th" mean? Does it mean it will be aired on May 11th or does it mean the advertising and promotion for the drama will begin on May 11th? And then the drama will air later on some other date?
1 3
Replying to ringting2 • May 10, 2026
Title The Lead Spoiler
Is this on drmacool or 💋k ?
I don't know, I'm looking for an official platform, not a pirate platform.
1 0
Replying to cdramasfan • May 10, 2026
Title The Lead
I can't see it on Wetv in Europe. I can't complain enough about them selling VIP accounts but putting on regional…
And also it is on WeTV with a different name The Lead, instead of Main Character, I only found it because someone else told me about the name change. They only now changed the name here on MDL as well.
2 0
Replying to Sunshineeeeeee • May 10, 2026
Title The Lead
for me it’s on WeTV, it’s under the name ‘’The Lead’’. it’s the first drama in the new release section
Thank you, I found it!
0 0
Replying to cdramasfan • May 10, 2026
Title The Lead
I can't see it on Wetv in Europe. I can't complain enough about them selling VIP accounts but putting on regional…
Exactly!
0 0
On The Lead • May 10, 2026
Title The Lead
I was looking forward to watching this but I don't know if international fans can watch, at least for now it seems it's only coming on CCTV and Tencent Video, which I cant watch. I hope it will become available on some platform.
0 10
Replying to DistantDream • May 8, 2026
Title Rebirth Spoiler
what do you think ?
I don't know. If I go just by what the drama showed (leaving out the novel, I didn't read it and apparently the drama differs from it) then... at first it looks like Zhuge Yue dies by Chu Qiao's sword and then Chu Qiao dies at the battle field. But then Zhuge Yue appears out of nowhere to the battlefield without any explanation of how he could've survived and come back. On the other hand we didn't see him getting buried. How could Chu Qiao just leave his body without a burial? So maybe he didn't die after all? I don't know. Maybe he survived, saved Chu Qiao and later got two kids with her and Yan Xun and Helian really came to see them and then years later they were still alive... and then for some weird reason the drama ends with Zhuge Yue and Yan Xun standing at the lake as old men. I really don't know what to think, too unclear. I don't care how it ends as long as it is clear what happened. It's like scrambled eggs.
2 3
On Light to the Night • May 8, 2026
Actor Hu Yu Xuan is in this drama but not on this list of actors here. He plays the grown up Du Ming Liang. Someone should add him on the list of actors.
5 0