Editorials
On Stone Skipping • Oct 10, 2018
Title Stone Skipping
I saw this recently at a film festival, and it’s not exactly an easy film to watch. It’s quite the emotional roller coaster and the situation portrayed in the film was incredibly frustrating to witness. That being said, I don’t regret watching it in the slightest. I thought it was beautifully directed and acted and stayed true to the established tone throughout the film.
8 0
On The Bride of Habaek • Mar 19, 2017
Title The Bride of Habaek
I realize everyone's gushing about NJH and complaining about the female cast (for the most part), but I can't be the only one here for Im Joo Hwan (and more than slightly disappointed he keeps being cast as a second lead), can I?
4 2
Melissa Sternenberg • Feb 15, 2017
Article Let's Talk About: Product Placement in K-Dramas
I swear that someone could make a full-length drama that takes place entirely in and around a Subway by making a supercut of every existing drama Subway PPL scene.
4 0
Replying to Lili • Feb 13, 2017
Title Fantastic
Will ji soo oppa get the girl or would I have another major heartbreaking second lead syndrome?
I realize you asked this over a month ago,and may not have been looking for an actual answer but just in case anyone is genuinely wondering, Ji Soo isn't part of the main love triangle. He's a tertiary lead with his own love line, so no worries there.
7 0
On Strong Girl Bong Soon • Jan 15, 2017
Title Strong Girl Bong Soon
What interests me is that the screenwriter is Baek Mi Kyung, who previously wrote Kang Goo's Story and Beloved Eun Dong, so this is definitely a departure genre-wise (unless they're just trolling and this ends up being super melo). I'm curious to see how it'll turn out.
3 0
Replying to Lili • Dec 24, 2016
Title Dear My Friends
romance?
The focus of the drama is 100% on friendship and family, so it's not a romance drama. That being said, there is a romantic subplot in the background (that has some absolutely beautiful moments of its own) so the show is not completely devoid of romance either. I highly recommend you give it a chance and see what you think - definitely my favorite drama of the year.
7 0
Skye-N-Rain • Dec 24, 2016
Article [Polls] kisskh's Best of Korea 2016!
These results are to be expected, but all I have to say is that more people need to watch Dear My Friends!!!
2 0
On Ugly Alert • Dec 7, 2016
Title Ugly Alert
I'm not the only one who rewatches this on (at least) a yearly basis, am I?
4 3
Replying to Wanderingjinny • Jul 24, 2016
Title 708090 - Shenzhen Love Story
Finally released!
There are no eng subs yet (to belatedly answer frdv's question) so I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but the full raw is on youtube right now (no guarentees to how long it will stay there): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ryeridd_jw
0 0
Wiam Najjar • Jul 19, 2016
Article 14 Drama Specials That Will Blow You Away!
Cool, I love finding additional specials to add to my list! I have a ton I plan on watching but I haven't actually seen a lot yet. I loved Page Turner and White Christmas. My other favorites at the moment are Splish Splash Love, My Fantastic Funeral (so well done), and Old Farewell (really cool concept). I also thought Puck! was pretty good, and I enjoyed Jin Jin as well (though not as much as I thought I would).
1 1
HappySqueak • Jul 19, 2016
Article MBC's Makjang Drama: The Dearest Lady
My favorite thing about mydramalist is that you get exposure to all sorts of dramas and movies, not just the popular or highly rated ones. I don't think I'm going to watch this particular drama, but I definitely enjoyed finding out more about it!
4 0
On Jung Han Bi • Jul 18, 2016
Person Jung Han Bi
She's the medical examiner in Signal right? I really like her! I hope she gets some more substantial supporting roles soon.
0 0
On Maundy Thursday • Jul 15, 2016
Title Maundy Thursday
I haven't watched this movie yet but the book wrecked me
1 0
On 708090 - Shenzhen Love Story • May 26, 2016
Title 708090 - Shenzhen Love Story
Finally released!
0 4
On Because I Love You • May 24, 2016
Title Because I Love You
I'm in love with this whole cast
3 0
Replying to Bookdork1 • May 24, 2016
Title The Beauty Inside
this kind of sounds a lot like david levithan's 'every day'
It's based on the 2012 American film of the same title, made by Intel and Toshiba (which coincidentally came out the same year as Levithan's novel) they're all on trend, apparently :)
0 0
Replying to seonni • May 23, 2016
Title Beautiful Gong Shim
Why does Seo Hyo Rim always play the unloved bitch? I feel sorry for her.
I agree, I'm so happy she's in another drama though! I missed her haha. Hopefully she can get some love next time.
1 0
On The Beauty Inside • May 23, 2016
Title The Beauty Inside
This may have been mentioned earlier in the comments, but if anyone watched this film and stopped as soon as the credits started, there is an extra scene in the credits you should go back and see :) I mean it's not life changing or anything but I thought it was sweet.
7 0
On Love Again • May 23, 2016
Title Love Again
I could never find subtitles for this, only to recently discover it's now on netflix and viki! I love it when dramas that aired a while ago (whether it's months or years) finally get subbed, it's like Christmas.
2 0
TrashyMctrashPicker Form • Feb 25, 2016
Article In Defense of The Heirs: The Defense Series
I watched the Heirs before I read any comments about it, and I honestly really enjoyed it (not that it was a brilliant work of art, but I was invested in the story-line and was entertained throughout). Then I starting reading more blogs and comments and such and suddenly I felt embarrassed that I enjoyed it (particularly since I like to delude myself into thinking that my taste tends to veer more toward the "critically acclaimed" as opposed to the "popular" dramas, other than the fact that I unabashedly love makjangs), but I will admit it, I really enjoyed the drama. I am a sucker for the angst.
1 0