what happened in episode 12 😳? in one scene soldiers are dying because of freezing weather and in the next, just mere 10 days later, the scene shows a garden with roses and hydrangeas in full bloom…not even a greenhouse…just a courtyard…🧐
aside from great cinematography (including sets, lighting, etc) and acting, this drama is such a good social commentary on the lives of women of the past. I love how much focus is put on the relationships between women, on each woman’s (character) personality, and how with just one line of well written dialogue we’re invited to reflect on their fate, individual struggle, yearning for freedom and self expression.
I understand, thank you for the info - what I dislike is not the use of a voice actor but how this voice actor is speaking (and again, I’m aware it’s the director’s choice for this kind of interpretation)
the psychological aspect and actors performances are probably the only good things about this drama (oh, there’s also the beautiful OST). The plot line is a total let down, some of the actions and motivations behind characters actions didn’t make any sense to me, so I ended up dropping this drama.
remove the fantasy element and you have a pretty serious story about family, commitment, love, choices and regrets, with great acting and beautiful ost
Wang Ya Jia and He Jian Qi are so funny together - natural bickering partners. The plot is nothing new, but the acting is good, the pacing is just right and so far I find this drama very enjoyable.
The plot line is a total let down, some of the actions and motivations behind characters actions didn’t make any sense to me, so I ended up dropping this drama.