This was such a fun drama to binge watch. Totally entertaining and hilarious from start to finish. I’d honestly love a second season. They’re such oddballs, but somehow they make the perfect team :D
The rating is absurd... but oh well. I’m loving this drama! ❤️ I’m usually not even a fan of business…
alive... We never actually saw a body, so I’m staying delusional and hopeful 😭 His character made such a strong impression on me and his dynamic with Li Zhen is way too interesting to end like that. Also he definitely did Li Zhen a favour by preventing her marriage to that greedy bastard. Tian family is so shameless ...
I genuinely can’t wait for tomorrow’s episodes. I already regret starting this while it’s still airing :D
Just saw that the Luo family's story in this drama is based on the real story of the Luo family in Huizhou and…
Interesting! Can you explain bit more? I didn’t fully understand how the Luo family ended up being implicated because of the Yan clan. What exactly did the Yan clan do and why did it lead to the Luo family being targeted and killed because of it?
The rating is absurd... but oh well. I’m loving this drama! ❤️ I’m usually not even a fan of business dramas and tend to skip those parts just to get to the romance lol But this one hits different. The ink-making scenes and all the thoughtful, wise conversations are oddly calming and genuinely satisfying to watch. I also absolutely love the flashbacks to her childhood. The child actress is amazing as well!
Ep. 8 was SO good!! Li Zhen is definitely going to face even bigger obstacles moving forward, but I’m really excited to see how she overcomes them. And finally, she and Wen Qian met... even if just for 5 min lol I'm not so sure if he recognized her. He did, right? I seriously can’t wait until they start doing business together. He’s the merchant, she’s the ink goddess. Such a powerful duo already!
I really didn’t like that predictable plot twist at the end of ep. 8. I actually liked A Jeong, but of course they had to turn her into the cliché 2fml who wants to destroy the FL just because she can’t have the guy she likes.
Is this the point where the classic kdrama curse begins and everything starts going downhill in the last few episodes?
What honestly flabbergasts me is how almost no romance kdrama these days manages to stay good from beginning to end... what's happening in kdramaland? lol
The first half was genuinely amazing, easily a 10/10 for me. But the second half turned into peak makjang chaos with illogical character development and villains that felt completely one dimensional. Personally, I think they fumbled the story pretty badly in the end. But well... at least some people still enjoyed it. I genuinely loved the drama at the beginning, maybe that's why I'm extra salty lol
But acting and cast was phenomenal! The leads and support cast were great! Sad that they wasted them for this kind of bad writing in the second half. Maybe the writer should stick to romcom and keep their hands off politics and melodrama ;D
I loved the latest episode!!! This is such a good drama so far! I hope they don't ruin it in the second half like some other drama. Kdramas lately sadly can't hold their momentum for the whole drama. I hope this one stays engaging, because I'm loving it so far :D
This drama went full makjang mode lol Sorry, but for me the writing in the last two eps became such a mess that the drama lost its spark for me. And these snippet flashbacks revealing their "grand" plans also didn't hit it for me.
And romance-wise … their first kiss being merely a peck even gave me way more butterflies than the confession and make-out scene in today’s episode. I genuinely felt nothing during it. While I had a tons of butterflies with their former scenes...
I know everyone’s gonna have different opinions on these last episodes, but for me the drama fell off hard. Which is honestly sad, because I genuinely loved the earlier episodes. But the writing started going downhill and all the twists and turns became way too makjang for my taste.
I was already afraid they’d go for the incredibly lame noble idiocy trope… and unfortunately, they proved me right. Feels like so many K dramas these days struggle to maintain their momentum from beginning to end. Today’s episode was honestly frustrating to watch lol
The lullaby song in ep. 6 when they visited Mi Na Wa Er and her newborn baby is soooo beautiful!! But I can't find it anywhere. Pls, if someone knows the song title, I would be so grateful T-T!!!
I’m rewatching all the eps because I want to hold onto this excitement as long as possible before it ends on Monday 😭
And I have to say, Soonrok has officially become one of my fave kdrama male leads. I love how calm, patient and gentle he is. That parking lot scene where Yumi gets all flustered while driving and he just stays so composed, supportive and reassuring… wow, that was insanely attractive. Same when he was teaching her gaming. He’s just soooo soft.
Honestly, he’s the kind of man every woman would want in real life lol As much as I enjoy toxic male leads as a guilty pleasure, Soonrok is the one you’d actually hope to meet outside of a drama XD
Soonrok turns into a puppy when bungeoppang is mentioned. It’s so adorable and hilarious 😂
Like when you casually say “let’s go for a walk” and a dog instantly gets all excited, tail wagging like crazy. That’s literally him. His head tilts, his eyes light up and you can almost see his ears perk up lol
I genuinely can’t wait for tomorrow’s episodes. I already regret starting this while it’s still airing :D
Ep. 8 was SO good!! Li Zhen is definitely going to face even bigger obstacles moving forward, but I’m really excited to see how she overcomes them. And finally, she and Wen Qian met... even if just for 5 min lol I'm not so sure if he recognized her. He did, right? I seriously can’t wait until they start doing business together. He’s the merchant, she’s the ink goddess. Such a powerful duo already!
Also, I really hope Luo Wen Song is ...
I really like him, but...
Is this the point where the classic kdrama curse begins and everything starts going downhill in the last few episodes?
What honestly flabbergasts me is how almost no romance kdrama these days manages to stay good from beginning to end... what's happening in kdramaland? lol
But acting and cast was phenomenal! The leads and support cast were great! Sad that they wasted them for this kind of bad writing in the second half. Maybe the writer should stick to romcom and keep their hands off politics and melodrama ;D
And romance-wise … their first kiss being merely a peck even gave me way more butterflies than the confession and make-out scene in today’s episode. I genuinely felt nothing during it. While I had a tons of butterflies with their former scenes...
I know everyone’s gonna have different opinions on these last episodes, but for me the drama fell off hard. Which is honestly sad, because I genuinely loved the earlier episodes. But the writing started going downhill and all the twists and turns became way too makjang for my taste.
And I have to say, Soonrok has officially become one of my fave kdrama male leads. I love how calm, patient and gentle he is. That parking lot scene where Yumi gets all flustered while driving and he just stays so composed, supportive and reassuring… wow, that was insanely attractive. Same when he was teaching her gaming. He’s just soooo soft.
Honestly, he’s the kind of man every woman would want in real life lol As much as I enjoy toxic male leads as a guilty pleasure, Soonrok is the one you’d actually hope to meet outside of a drama XD
Like when you casually say “let’s go for a walk” and a dog instantly gets all excited, tail wagging like crazy. That’s literally him. His head tilts, his eyes light up and you can almost see his ears perk up lol